Heralds at Gavilars assassination

mr.bug

*Note I haven't posted a whole lot and don't know how to hide spoilers. So warning Spoilers

If I remember correctly there is a WoB that all the heralds were at the palace during the night of Gavilar's assassination. So we of course know about Jezrin and Ash being there for sure as of Oathbringer. What about the other heralds? Is Liss possibly a herald? Or were they all background? 

Do you remember when Sanderson said the WoB? 

But, I've got no idea who the other heralds could be; I'd imagine that if the books follow the pattern of the prologue being a different PoV of Gavilar's assassination, we'll be able to see more details, and we'll be able to identify a lot more heralds in a couple of books.

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

Topics like this always make me curious if the Heralds can sense each other,  or if they realized the others were nearby at all.  Did Nale and Kalak know that Jezrien was like 100 feet away as a crazy beggar?

On 5/15/2019 at 3:36 AM, mr.bug said:

*Note I haven't posted a whole lot and don't know how to hide spoilers. So warning Spoilers

Spoiler boxes can be added by clicking the button that looks like an eye, between the "code" and "emoticon" buttons.  

However, spoilers are not required if you post in the book's forum.  So unmarked Stormlight spoilers are fine here and Mistborn spoilers are find in the Mistborn forum, but Stormlight spoilers would have to be hidden in the Mistborn forum and vice versa.  All spoilers are fine in Cosmere Discussion, but not allowed in General Discussion.  You can read more about the spoiler policy in the Site Rules.  

7 hours ago, Zelly said:

Topics like this always make me curious if the Heralds can sense each other,  or if they realized the others were nearby at all.  Did Nale and Kalak know that Jezrien was like 100 feet away as a crazy beggar?

The Heralds could sense and find each other in Way of Kings Prime. To be more precise, they could find the other Honorblades. But this mechanism doesn't work in current SA (WoB). However, they seem to feel Jezrien's death, so there must be some connection among them. I guess..

On 5/15/2019 at 7:50 PM, RShara said:

Jezrien and Ash are confirmed. Nale and Kalak are highly likely. I think anyone else being there is just best guesses, still.

Nalan was definitely there, unless there is a second person with identical facial description.

11 minutes ago, equinox said:

The Heralds could sense and find each other in Way of Kings Prime. To be more precise, they could find the other Honorblades. But this mechanism doesn't work in current SA (WoB). However, they seem to feel Jezrien's death, so there must be some connection among them. I guess..

They also are capable of sharing pain. At least they were while trapped on Braize. I wonder if this connection could be manipulated further. Could it for example be used like a Morse code. Three distinct stab of pain or the such?

• Chaos locked this topic