Scadrial Thread

ZincAboutIt

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

"I'm Attayl, thanks for asking."

She smiled at him, although it was distorted by her scar.

"And I used you for cover to evade that filthy guy standing close to the entrance. Sorry to disturb your conversation."

"I'm Rilen, if you don't mind my asking why do you need to evade him?" He asked 

20 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Aben finally took a drink of his beer. He narrowed his eyes at Rilen. "Listen. If that guy's bothering you, I think we can help. And you," Aben locked eyes with Rilen, "Meet me at the Field of Rebirth tonight. I want to talk privately."

Great, why did I come here again? 

"Yeah ok" he said to Aben, breaking eye contact, and he turned to Attayl "yeah, just say the word and we'll kick him out."

@Sorana

Edited by Turtle373

6 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Jeb smiled, though internally he was slightly worried about the Koloss-blooded fellow. Still, he seemed genteel enough. Jeb knew what it was to be maligned. He nodded his head towards the back room.

"Just through that door, sir," he said. "It's ten clips for each half an hour to sit, fifty if you want the whole room to yourself. Nerin will take good care of you."

Brillin nodded, and carefully counted out ten clips in his pockets and putting it on the table. It had been a while since he’d been in a parlour. An Elendel one, no less. Everyone said Elendel’s were better than that cheap stuff in the outer towns.

Entering through the doors the man had gestured, Brillin found himself in a large room with many desks and people, even at this time of night. Slowly he made his way to an unoccupied table (a few people cast odd looks at him, to his disdain) and waited patiently. Did he have to call someone over? Or did he just have to wait?

Edited by I think I am here.

Nerin cocked her head slightly as the newest customer arrived. Koloss-blooded weren’t that rare, but she didn’t see many in the parlor. He looked a bit unsure, eyes flicking around the room. She reached out and eased a little of his doubt, his inhibition, hoping he would move into the room of his own accord. A more general Soothing was sent out to the rest of the room as a precaution against fear or prejudice at the man, easing suspicions. 

No need for a fight, she thought. Nerin beckoned the man closer, pointing to an unoccupied chair. She smiled a charming smile.

@I think I am here.

6 hours ago, Turtle373 said:

"I'm Rilen, if you don't mind my asking why do you need to evade him?" He asked 

Attayl paused at the question, then went with the truth, interested to see how they would react. Her usual suspicion had vanished and that left her careless, she  was probably offering too much information here.

"Because he wanted to exercise certain activities at a time when I wasn't comfortable with."

She replied  and then looked over her shoulder.

"My boss lends me to some of his friends and contacts, when he wants to show they are in his favour. But usually in a more protected environment."

Her shrug felt a bit forced, but still ahe did, leaned back in her stool, relaxing.

"He's grown a bit tense lately. Lots of appointments, more like him."

A small gesture towards the guy that was finally, thankfully leaving.

"Iexpect he won't be too happy that I'll keep that one waiting."

Her voice was almost indifferent, of not for the tension hidden deep inside. She wasn't entirely looking forward to tonight, he would likely make her pay.

@Turtle373

@Dr. Dapper

"Bloody hell that's a horrible job." Aben muttered, "Who is this boss of yours. I'd like to..." Radyn grabbed Aben's arm and shoved him back into the seat. Aben hadn't even realized he'd gotten up. Radyn smelled just as angry as Aben felt. 

There's that Whitecloak zeal you guys are famous for. Aben mused. Radyn nodded to him; he wanted to deal with this guy as badly as Aben did. Aben nodded back, taking a gulp of beer.

5 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Nerin cocked her head slightly as the newest customer arrived. Koloss-blooded weren’t that rare, but she didn’t see many in the parlor. He looked a bit unsure, eyes flicking around the room. She reached out and eased a little of his doubt, his inhibition, hoping he would move into the room of his own accord. A more general Soothing was sent out to the rest of the room as a precaution against fear or prejudice at the man, easing suspicions. 

No need for a fight, she thought. Nerin beckoned the man closer, pointing to an unoccupied chair. She smiled a charming smile.

Brillin looked at the woman at a table not far from his. Standing up and pushing his chair in, he walked over to the smiling woman, starting to feel a bit more comfortable in his surroundings, beginning to walk a bit more like how one would expect a Koloss-blood to, confidently.

Approaching, Brillin sat on the chair the woman gestured to, very briefly smiling in return.

“Are you Nerin?” He asked, hoping it wouldn’t be a stupid question.

“That I am,” Nerin replied, taking in the cut of the fellow. “And who might you be?” 

Her touch was feather-light on his emotions, pushing away some doubt, some secrecy. She reached into her pocket slowly and drew out another vial of brass flakes, pushing the little cork off with her nail. She downed the contents, feeling the burn of Allomancy twin pleasantly with that of fine dark rum.

”Is there anything in particular I can help you with tonight?”

@I think I am here.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"Bloody hell that's a horrible job." Aben muttered, "Who is this boss of yours. I'd like to..." Radyn grabbed Aben's arm and shoved him back into the seat. Aben hadn't even realized he'd gotten up. Radyn smelled just as angry as Aben felt. 

There's that Whitecloak zeal you guys are famous for. Aben mused. Radyn nodded to him; he wanted to deal with this guy as badly as Aben did. Aben nodded back, taking a gulp of beer.

Attayl ordered a beer when one of the waiters looked over and then turned back to the man, who even moved when she'd spoken. Just like he cared. It caught her by surprise and so she replied without thinking about it.

"He belongs to one of the gangs here."

He could fill in the rest by himself.

"There aren't so many things you can do when you look like me. When you have no money."

At least nobody forced himself on her, that was something she was grateful for. She left the part out where she helped with their scams as well, no need to get herself into prison.

"Like I said, he's growing testy. Something is going on and I don't know what it is. He's forcing everybody to work more, operations are less thorougly planned..."

Her voice trailed of when her beer arrived and she took a sip.

2 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

“That I am,” Nerin replied, taking in the cut of the fellow. “And who might you be?” 

Her touch was feather-light on his emotions, pushing away some doubt, some secrecy. She reached into her pocket slowly and drew out another vial of brass flakes, pushing the little cork off with her nail. She downed the contents, feeling the burn of Allomancy twin pleasantly with that of fine dark rum.

”Is there anything in particular I can help you with tonight?”

“Not particularly,” Brillin said, relaxing slightly and resting his elbows on the table. He considered whether to tell her how he was travelling around, seeing the sights of Scadrial. Or would that only increase the chance for a scam, if she knew how he wasn’t native? But, a part of him still obliged.

“I’m not planning on staying here much longer,” he said. Ahead he could see some people talking, a man stood up suddenly but was pushed back into his seat by another man. Distractedly he forced his eyes back to the woman in front of him. “And I’ve heard Elendel has some of the best Soothing Parlours around, so I thought I’d visit,”

He saw the woman take a drink and considered buying something of his own, but eventually decided against it. Better spending the money on things he’d need in the coming travels then overpriced alcohol.

“I’m Brillin,” he said finally.

Rilen quickly pushed down the rage that rose up when hearing about Attayl's situation. He sat there with his eyes closed and breathing deeply for a few seconds.

It's getting worse, I'm losing control more often. 

The rage continued to build up despite his best efforts, he felt pent up, like if he didn't break something soon he would explode.

I need to leave before I hurt someone else.

"Excuse me but I need to leave" he said standing up, and looking at Aben "I'll see you tonight"

He walked out of the parlor and ran off into the night.

@Sorana @Dr. Dapper

Nerin felt her measured, calculated smile turn into something rather genuine when the man, Brillin, mentioned Elendel's reputation for soothing parlors.

"Well Harmony, I didn't know I'd be representing all of Elendel's Soothers this evening," she said, letting some warmth color her voice. "Lucky for you, this is the best parlor in the city." She winked.

A flat lie, that. Nerin knew of at least four that were better, and that wasn't even counting the parlors she wasn't high-born enough to know about. Still, Nerin knew her trade. She heard some kind of scuffle out in the bar room and sent out a more general dampening, careful to also ward off any disappointment of the parlor inhabitants over the noise.

"Are you sure you don't want a drink?" Nerin barely soothed Brillin for that one - it was best to leave patrons some choices unaltered. Still, she didn't miss him glancing at her own wine. It's only courteous to ask.

@I think I am here.

20 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

“Are you sure you don't want a drink?"

Brillin looked down and softly laughed. She was good, he hadn’t even said anything about drinking, and yet now he was even more tempted to try some of the spirits they were selling. But he shook his head again and looked back up to Nerin.

“No, thank you.” He looked around the large room they were in, it evoked a calming architecture, even without the soothers. “I have to say, though, I don’t really know how these parlours work, let alone the best one in the city,”  He looked back at Nerin and smiled again, he knew every parlour would say the same thing, but it didn’t really matter.

“Do I tell you what to soothe, or do we just talk and it happens, or something else? The man at the front didn’t seem to give me too much detail.”

Attayl observed Rilen ran off into the night and turned to his companion.

"I am sorry. I seems, I have disturbed your friend. I hope he doesn't need any help?"

she apologized, although she didn't really feel guilty right now. She was sorry, she'd used them for cover, when they obviously had enough problems of their own, but it was a distant feeling, covered beneath her relief, that she had some more hours, that she would be able to use a secured location. It was the way they all lived, use or be used. And she used them. It polite to apologize, but it didn't mean she was wading in misery because of that right now. She didn't know them, and she had to be strong. Only the strong ones survived.

"It was never my intention to cut your visit here short. I only wanted to - postpone something."

her voice wavered slightly, when she thought of the man again. He disgusted her, but it couldn't be helped, not if she wanted to have a roof above her head. Once again she wondered if she might find a job if she told someone about her allomancy, but the fear to be used more than she was right now sat deep, ate at her. One day, one day she would meet her prince and he would offer a way out. He would buy her flowers and love her for who she was, he would look past her scar and past her current occupation. Until then she would just have to make do.

@Dr. Dapper

Edited by Sorana

On 5/16/2019 at 11:03 PM, Dr. Dapper said:

Dwig spun a bullet in his fingers, considering a fight between him and the kid. "No, no. You're right. I'd wait until you left, then knock you out and take your Plate." he shrugged, "But there's really no point. I don't need or want Shardplate."

Wait, Vena wondered, Is he serious, or not? Either way, he's dangerous. Vena walked inside, away from the man, Atmose following her. "Hey, bartender, what are the age laws in Elendel?" 

8 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Do I tell you what to soothe, or do we just talk and it happens, or something else? The man at the front didn’t seem to give me too much detail.”

“Well,” Nerin said, thinking. “Oftentimes people simply come to sit. I ease their worries, their troubles. Depending on the night, I may focus on a select emotion.”

She flattened each one as she spoke the word. “Anxiety. Fear. Hunger. Regret.”

Nerin looked into Brillin’s deep blue eyes. Quite a color, but I imagine no one tells him that very often. “You can tell me what you’d like me to ease for you,” she said. “Or, I can guess. It’s been quite a while since a first-timer has been in.”

12 hours ago, Emperor Stick said:

"Hey, bartender, what are the age laws in Elendel?" 

"If you can see over the counter, you can drink," Jeb said, grinning.

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

Garth Nightshade walked into the soothing parlor, exhausted after a night of work.

"Good evening!" Jeb called to the newcomer. "How can I help you tonight sir?"