Scadrial Thread

ZincAboutIt

Attayl made some tea and put it on the table in front of the two of them. His eyes were so blue. Nerin was right, he had beautiful, blue eyes, but she kept quiet, left them alone. She felt strange, unsure of her role here, her place. Nerin was in no shape to direct anything, Brillin had made clear he wanted to be left alone. But then he had walked over to her. So maybe it had been no hint to go, but a suggestion to help the others. Maybe he had meant, that she was doing a good job.

She shook her head and continued to wash the glasses. For years she had only had one goal. Survive. She had known the rules. Here, right now, she had no idea what to do. She had never been in a similar situation before. Realizing she had stared at them she blushed and averted her glance.

She busied herself behind the bar, cleaned it up as well and then looked around, to see who else was in the room.

Where is Lance right now?

@Invocation

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

“What is that thing, that makes noises?”

"Hmm?" John looked up at Attayl. "Oh, it's called a mobile. It can do different things, like contacting other people." Attayl nodded and groaned, walking over to Nerin and Brillin. As he watched them, another pang of discomfort rang through him as he saw them interacting in a familiar way, even though some of them were drunk. He felt like someone was watching him. He looked behind him, but there was nothing. What the hell was going on with me? I should go back go Silverlight. It would be for the best. But he had already influenced the locals. He couldn't leave. 

1 hour ago, Invocation said:

Oh. My continuity is all messed up. Oops.

I guess he's probably on the roof again, then, just chilling.

-.-

Alright. I'd hoped to be able to talk to him.

"Thank you."

Attayl replied to John, although she had no idea how you could contact someone. Maybe it helped you write some letters. He seemed lonely and so filled him a glass with something to drink as well, unconciously looking back to Nerin and Brillin. Nerin, Brillin, Lance, their futures were intervoven with her own, somehow, but she knew that it was the case. Maybe she could help them. Be a thera- whatever. Brillin had said she was good at it. A smile touched her lips, then she poured herself a drink as well.

Vena had gone up to her room to change, doubting they'd be attacked again this night, while Atmose was downstairs dismissing the Chalklings and other lines.

Vena walked back downstairs and pulled Atmose aside. "Why'd did you do that to those men?" "They were going to kill us! I had no choice!" Atmose responded. "Yes you did, you could've boxed them in or whatever it's called, but you had your little monsters chew them to bits!" Vena sighed. "Just, don't use rithmatics for a while, okay?"

6 minutes ago, John Flamesinger said:

John accepted the drink from Attayl. "Thank you," he said. He began slowly sipping it.

"Where are you from? You mention so strange things, know about the chalk lines. You are from the south? I heard they have foreign traditions and tools there."

She asked him, never stopping to polish the glasses.

"The south?' John looked at her blankly. "Oh, no. I'm from off this planet, so... not North, South, East, or West." He smiled. "I've been so many places. So has my family." He stopped himself from rambling on. He barley knew her. John looked at his drink. Already half gone. This was going to be a bad night.

@Sorana

Edited by John Flamesinger
You should play Halo.

Attayl sighed when John fell asleep in a corner. Putting the cloth she held in her hands away she hesitantly walked over and sat down next to Nerin and Brillin. Hopefully it wasn't too much if she joined them, and she didn't disturb them. She brought her drink and some water, in case they prefered something cold.

A shy smile on her lips as greeting she looked at the two of them. It was a real smile, none of her masks, no part of the armor she usually wore. She liked them and here, right now she wished nothing more, that they liked her as well.

Nerin looked over at Attayl when she sat down, sipping her tea and returning a small shadow of the girl’s smile.

”Thank you,” Nerin said, eying Brillin’s mostly-full glass of whiskey. She hooked one finger against the inside of the rim and dragged it across the table, lifting it to her mouth and sipping slowly. “You didn’t have to do all this cleaning, you know. This isn’t your parlor it’s J-“ 

Nerin took another sip. “It’s...mine.”

Rusts, how would that work?

Don’t think about that now. 

@Sorana

1 hour ago, Emperor Stick said:

Rudo walked towards the parlor, where they said Lance ran off to and saw him on the roof.

He climbed up onto the roof quickly using pewter and walked over to him.

"At least you didn't break any windows."

@Invocation

"I've broken enough around here, I think," Lance replied. "But it still would have been fun."

2 minutes ago, Emperor Stick said:

Rudo nodded.

"They attacked this place ruthlessly, and it's not even important. If they're willing to dedicate that much to a simple parlor, who knows what they'll do to the canal?"

"Fair enough. Guess we should get going. Keep up if you're able!" Lance said as he jumped off the edge of the roof, Pulling towards the nearest metal in the canal's direction.

"I," Aben announced, "Am going to take a nap." he took a seat on the floor, closed his eyes, and focused on the Void. The state of mind came easily to him, even now, when he was preoccupied with thoughts of death and betrayal flowing through his mind. Aben took a deep breath and began to count backwards from five. The moment he reached one, everything went dark and he appeared in the wolf dream.

He was crouched on the roof of the parlor, wearing a black miscoat. No, wait, I'm not that loony. Aben shook his head, willing his clothing back to its normal state. "Right." he mused, "So the canal." the world around him blurred and he was standing on the bank of a sluggish waterway edged on either side my a multitude of docks and warehouses. 

What's the Scarlet's plan, exactly. Are they gonna attack a warehouse, a lot of warehouses, some boats?

On 21/06/2019 at 10:41 PM, ZincAboutIt said:

She wandered towards Attayl and Brillin, sitting quietly across from the drunken man and setting her chin in her hand, looking at him.

”Your eyes are so blue,” she said on impulse. “Did you know that?”

Even in his drunkenness Brillin was taken aback, and it showed on his face. He looked as Nerin took his whiskey and he frowned deeply, picking up his tea and drinking from it. But he poured too much tea down his throat too quickly and he slightly burned the inside of his mouth.

“Ow, no I didn’t,” he responded, staring deeply into the tea. “Nobody says that to me,”

39 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Ow, no I didn’t,” he responded, staring deeply into the tea. “Nobody says that to me,”

Nerin set Brillin’s glass back on the table and nudged it back toward him, noting the shock on his face. She directed a Soothing at him, making him feel less uncomfortable, less unsure. His surprise at her remark struck Nerin as terribly sad. It was markedly obvious that he had beautiful eyes - well beyond the scope of a typical human’s shade of blue. 

“Well,” Nerin said, sipping at her own tea, “perhaps they were too busy staring at them to say anything.”

Her mind felt raw and ragged; there was much that she was holding behind the walls of the Beautiful Room, much that would eventually come forth. For now, it was enough to feel as though this one sliver of interaction was under her control.