320 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Emperor Stick said:

Atmose walked over to the door where his sister was. "Vina, what's taking so long?" Atmose noticed Dwig and narrowed his eyes. "Oh come on Atmose, he's not gonna attack me," Vina told him.

"I don't know..." Dwig mused idly "I could draw and fire my pistol in the time it took you to summon your Shardblade. If I hit your head, you'd be dead before anything could be done to stop it."

Atmose started to grab something out of his robes, but Vena stopped him and looked back to Dwig. "You wouldn't want to do that in a public place. Besides, you would've done it already."

Jeb stepped over to the man who had called him "greasy" and smiled. He'd been called far worse.

"How can I help you, sir?"

@Dr. Dapper 

Posted (edited)

The barkeep finally made his way over to Aben and Radyn. "Ah. Good." Aben grinned at the man, tapping his fingers on the table. The barkkeep smelled of alcohol and eagerness. There was also a faint metalic smell on his breath, as if he'd been drinking metal. 

"What'll you have?" the greasy man asked, "Just alcohol, or something more?" 

"First off," Aben responded, "Stop Soothing my friend and I. We don't want what you're selling." Radyn's inherent suspision of the barkeep had become less strong as he'd come over. Whitecloaks were useful for that sort of thing. Aben cleared his throat, then continued, "Just ale to start, for me." As Aben spoke, the man's eagerness turned to suspision, then fear.

Radyn's suspision returned in force as he spoke, "Brandy." was all he said. The barkeep rushed off to get their orders. A smile broke out on Radyn's face. "That was pretty good! You can tell when we're being Soothed?" 

Aben chuckled, "Yup. By reading your emotions by smell. He got real scared there at the end."

Radyn barked a laugh, "Wonder if it was the glowing eyes or the swords."

Ninja'd!

I KNEW DIS WOULD HAPPEN!!! I FORSAW DISSS!!!

Edited by Dr. Dapper

2 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

No involvement besides influencing AV characters, that is.

In that case, whoever is in charge (Zinc probably?), can you look over this?

Hide contents

Name: Garth Nightshade

Investiture: Iron Compounder

Skills: Whittling, gunsmithing

Weaknesses: Physically weak, emotionally sensitive, OCD

Appearance: White hair, brown eyes, dark skin, black vest and gloves, red t-shirt, blue jeans.

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCuMWrfXG4E

Backstory: Garth was born to a average wealth family, but a man with violet eyes and white hair murdered them when Garth was ten. Garth lived on the streets, angry with the man. Only his desire for revenge kept him alive. Eventually, when he was sixteen, he was able to get a job as an apprentice's blacksmith. He had snapped during that time, and he quickly discovered his iron allomancy. His master was a Coinshot, and taught him the art as well as he could. When his master died, he took over the shop, and later discovered his iron feruchemy. Knowing of compounding, he tried it, quickly discovering the potential.

Iron compounding can border on the OP, and even without taking it into account the compounding that's 85 M points. Not sure that the weaknesses could cover the gap.

Attayl sat down, relaxing in the comfortable room. She felt good, but there was this quiet voice insisting, that what was going was wrong. That she should be careful.

"How long have you been working here?"

She asked the woman, to distract herself from the eerie feeling.

@ZincAboutIt

6 hours ago, Voidus said:

If someone wants to make a Scadrian native with no off-world heritage, no worldhopping, no knowledge of other Shardworlds and no involvement with main Alleyverse plots then they can go over 5.

Ok :)

Character:

Spoiler

Name: Brillin Suovar

Investiture: None, but is Koloss-blooded.

Skills: Has all the perks of Koloss-blood (slightly faster healing and slightly more physical strength average). He’s knowledgable about Scadrial through years of travelling around, and is street smart. He is also diplomatic, trying not to make anyone upset with him. His Koloss appearance can also make him look intimidating.

Personality: Quite passive, mellow. He tries his best not to get on anyone’s bad side, and shies away from confrontation despite being Koloss-blooded, and he has an increased drive to travel Scadrial as a hitchhiker. Dislikes how people profile him for being Koloss-blooded. 

Weaknesses: Non-confrontational, and he doubts himself and his abilities lot. He is easily intimidated and is culturally confused, as he is the only person in his family who did not accept the full Koloss spikes.

Appearance: Tall and thin, though he hides it by wearing long sleeved clothing. Deep blue, mottled skin, and a strong face with dark blue eyes.

Backstory: He grew up in a family that had all accepted the Koloss spikes. He denied, which made family reunions a bit awkward. So he left to travel Scadrial, and has been doing so for a while.

10 hours ago, Voidus said:

Not sure quite what you mean here?

11 hours ago, Sorana said:

"How long have you been working here?"

She asked the woman, to distract herself from the eerie feeling.

@ZincAboutIt

Nerin bit down on the tiny flicker of irritation the rose at the girl's chatting, pushing down just a little more on the girl's nervousness. She let none of it reach her face, which remained calm, pleasant. Soothing.

"Just under a year," Nerin said lightly, keeping her tone even and smooth. She sipped at her glass of wine and steered the conversation towards business. "Is there something in particular I can help you with? Some emotion you wish me to ease?" 

9 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Nerin bit down on the tiny flicker of irritation the rose at the girl's chatting, pushing down just a little more on the girl's nervousness. She let none of it reach her face, which remained calm, pleasant. Soothing.

"Just under a year," Nerin said lightly, keeping her tone even and smooth. She sipped at her glass of wine and steered the conversation towards business. "Is there something in particular I can help you with? Some emotion you wish me to ease?" 

Attayl relaxed even more, not even able to feel irritated at the strange sensation anymore.

"No thank you."

She replied.

"I'm just waiting for someone."

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"No thank you."

She replied.

"I'm just waiting for someone."

Ahh, Nerin thought, looking at the girl with a more critical eye. Anxiety, no need for that right now. A little dread, perhaps? That's unhelpful. You'll want to keep your anticipation, but let's take away some of the fear. Are you doubting yourself? Not anymore...

She took another sip of wine, watching the subtle changes in the young woman before her and feeling a slight thrill of satisfaction. 

15 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Ahh, Nerin thought, looking at the girl with a more critical eye. Anxiety, no need for that right now. A little dread, perhaps? That's unhelpful. You'll want to keep your anticipation, but let's take away some of the fear. Are you doubting yourself? Not anymore...

She took another sip of wine, watching the subtle changes in the young woman before her and feeling a slight thrill of satisfaction. 

Attayl leaned back, relaxed. She wondered what her contact would want of her, what her boss had promised him. She could do it, she could do whatever he wanted her to do. When had she become that person? When had she lost herself that much? She lost that thought as well, started to float in nothingness. Out of habit she burned bronze, felt the pulses coming of the woman. She could tell her to stop, but wanted she her to do that?

Posted (edited)

EDIT: yeah, turns out that post didn't work

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

4 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels walked into the parlor, then came to a stop almost as soon as he passed through the door. "Sands," he said, "that feels good. What ever your doing, keep doing it." He walked over to the counter, set down some coins, swiped a couple of spheres when no one was looking, and then went over to a chair in the corner.

Hold up, isn't this character in the Alleyverse proper? The soothing parlor is in Elendel. Are you moving him here?

Posted (edited)

*looks back at first post in thread* 

*looks at last alleyverse post*

...yeah, I should probably edit that post, just ignore that it's there

the whole "Scadrial Thread" should've tipped me off:P

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

Posted (edited)

Hi Zinc, is my character good? It’s above :) 

@ZincAboutIt

Edited by I think I am here.

Sorry Itiah! He looks fine to me, I can't think of any problems with this character especially if he doesn't have any Allomancy. Should be good. ^_^

@I think I am here.

The barkeep scurried back with their drinks and set them on the table. "Many thanks, friend!" Aben called happily as the man stalked away. Radyn swirled his brandy, regarding Aben. He was interested in something, likely Aben's proposal. He cleared his throat, then spoke

"So what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Hum?" Aben responded, "Oh yeah, I found this guy looking for swordsmen. He runs an fighting ring." 

"And he wants us to fight?" 

"No... he wants us as guards. He's a bit odd, this guy." Aben shrugged, "But he's rich and pays good, so his quirks are easy to overlook."

Radyn shrugged, "Sounds okay to me. Where do I talk to this guy?" 

"Sixth Octant, abandoned train depot. Tell them I sent you." Aben grinned, "I know how that sounds." 

~~~

Dwig spun a bullet in his fingers, considering a fight between him and the kid. "No, no. You're right. I'd wait until you left, then knock you out and take your Plate." he shrugged, "But there's really no point. I don't need or want Shardplate."

Rilen walked into the soothing parlor, looking around the room he looked like a predator with his hard, golden eyes. He spotted Aben and walked over to his table and sat down. Rilen began to feel the effects of the soothing, first getting rid of the anger he uses to cover up the guilt and self hate he always felt, but soon that too was gone, and he just felt hollow. He began to rile himself up like he did when he went berserk , but he made sure not to go far, just so that he could feel something. 

"I hate these places" he said to Aben.

@Dr. Dapper

hey can I be added to the Pm?

and Dapper no one knows that Rilen was the one that killed their brother.

Posted (edited)

Attayl looked up when she heard someone enter. It was a man she'd never seen before, but he flipped her the right sign and so she straightened, waited for him to sit down.

"Hello beauty."

He drawled and she grimaced, kept silent.

"You've got something for me?"

His voice was deep, rasping in his throat. Attayl quietly handed him the package, forced herself to smile at him. She hated it, when she was part of the bargain, but it was neccessary and the part of her that was disgusted had died years ago. Her body was her money, better to use it than to starve or die. But still, she looked at his dirty hair, smelled his unwashed body, hopefully he would wash himself before tonight.

"You know when and where?"

He asked and Attayl inclined her head, felt trapped by his eyes roaming over her body, as if she was naked.

"I will be there."

She told him calmly, unworried, mostly because she wasn't really worried right now. It was a job, like everything else. But still there were some rules, and one was to always have someone from her own gang close by. She insisted on that. You never knew when something started to go wrong. She got to her feet, smiled in farewell at the woman and started to leave the room. The man grabbed her wrist, pulled her close and she snatched it back.

"You could also pay now."

He murmured and she drew herself up.

"I've got another appointment here."

She told him regally and walked out of the room, leaving enough money on the table to pay for the service. He followed her, and she felt his eyes on her back, while she quickly stepped into another room, one where she had seen some strangers enter earlier. Hopefully they were still there. Hopefully they would play along. It would be easier if she could convince them she was helpless, so she made sure to add a quiver to her voice.

"Hello, I apologize, I am late."

She greeted them and sat down, then added quietly.

"Please play along. I'm gone as soon as that guy left?"

Her eyes darted over to a window. If they didn't she would have to take a fast route out. Or deal with him now. She would find a way.

@Dr. Dapper

@Turtle373

Edited by Sorana

Brillin entered the parlour. “Quite late at night,” he narrated to himself quietly. He planned what he would write about this place in his book, whenever he got around to writing one.

“The Soothing Parlour is one place where you can find men and woman from all echelons of society, packed up a building with nothing in common save for a need to have their minds relaxed beyond normal means. Why? Well, you’d have to ask the natives.”

Walking forwards he tried to ignore anyone looking at his bluish Koloss-blooded skin and headed to the main bar.

“Are you still open for Soothings?” He asked.

8 hours ago, Turtle373 said:

Rilen walked into the soothing parlor, looking around the room he looked like a predator with his hard, golden eyes. He spotted Aben and walked over to his table and sat down. Rilen began to feel the effects of the soothing, first getting rid of the anger he uses to cover up the guilt and self hate he always felt, but soon that too was gone, and he just felt hollow. He began to rile himself up like he did when he went berserk , but he made sure not to go far, just so that he could feel something. 

"I hate these places" he said to Aben.

@Dr. Dapper

5 hours ago, Sorana said:

Attayl looked up when she heard someone enter. It was a man she'd never seen before, but he flipped her the right sign and so she straightened, waited for him to sit down.

"Hello beauty."

He drawled and she grimaced, kept silent.

"You've got something for me?"

His voice was deep, rasping in his throat. Attayl quietly handed him the package, forced herself to smile at him. She hated it, when she was part of the bargain, but it was neccessary and the part of her that was disgusted had died years ago. Her body was her money, better to use it than to starve or die. But still, she looked at his dirty hair, smelled his unwashed body, hopefully he would wash himself before tonight.

"You know when and where?"

He asked and Attayl inclined her head, felt trapped by his eyes roaming over her body, as if she was naked.

"I will be there."

She told him calmly, unworried, mostly because she wasn't really worried right now. It was a job, like everything else. But still there were some rules, and one was to always have someone from her own gang close by. She insisted on that. You never knew when something started to go wrong. She got to her feet, smiled in farewell at the woman and started to leave the room. The man grabbed her wrist, pulled her close and she snatched it back.

"You could also pay now."

He murmured and she drew herself up.

"I've got another appointment here."

She told him regally and walked out of the room, leaving enough money on the table to pay for the service. He followed her, and she felt his eyes on her back, while she quickly stepped into another room, one where she had seen some strangers enter earlier. Hopefully they were still there. Hopefully they would play along. It would be easier if she could convince them she was helpless, so she made sure to add a quiver to her voice.

"Hello, I apologize, I am late."

She greeted them and sat down, then added quietly.

"Please play along. I'm gone as soon as that guy left?"

Her eyes darted over to a window. If they didn't she would have to take a fast route out. Or deal with him now. She would find a way.

@Dr. Dapper

@Turtle373

"Ah," Aben said, nodding to them, "You're both late, but that shouldn't matter too much." From the smell of the woman, she was worried, but less than her voice suggested. Not a big problem. His brother, however.... "What are you doing here?" Aben whispered, "And what's got you so bloody angry?"

1 hour ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"Ah," Aben said, nodding to them, "You're both late, but that shouldn't matter too much." From the smell of the woman, she was worried, but less than her voice suggested. Not a big problem. His brother, however.... "What are you doing here?" Aben whispered, "And what's got you so bloody angry?"

Rilen had originally come here to tell Aben about their brother, what he had done. But he couldn't now that he was here, he couldn't tell him so instead he whispered back,

"I wanted to talk to you, we haven't seen each other in a while." The lie sounded stupid, but Rilen had never been good at lying. "and I'm angry because I HATE MY EMOTIONS BEING MESSED WITH."

Some people nearby might've heard that last part, but Rilen didn't care. He was shaking a little bit and breathing hard, and he realized he had pushed himself too far and began calming himself down, the soothing actually helped with that. And pretty soon he felt that emptiness again, but that was better than losing control, he couldn't lose control again not after what had happened. Lowering his voice back to a whisper he said,

"it's ok, I'm fine, I just hate these places. And do you know who that is?" nodding towards the woman who had sat down, she smelled worried but not as much as she had been acting. 

8 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Walking forwards he tried to ignore anyone looking at his bluish Koloss-blooded skin and headed to the main bar.

“Are you still open for Soothings?” He asked.

Jeb smiled, though internally he was slightly worried about the Koloss-blooded fellow. Still, he seemed genteel enough. Jeb knew what it was to be maligned. He nodded his head towards the back room.

"Just through that door, sir," he said. "It's ten clips for each half an hour to sit, fifty if you want the whole room to yourself. Nerin will take good care of you."

4 hours ago, Turtle373 said:

"it's ok, I'm fine, I just hate these places. And do you know who that is?" nodding towards the woman who had sat down, she smelled worried but not as much as she had been acting. 

"I'm Attayl, thanks for asking."

She smiled at him, although it was distorted by her scar.

"And I used you for cover to evade that filthy guy standing close to the entrance. Sorry to disturb your conversation."