Hello... um hi... is this thing on?

Etinfall

Hi all. Quick rundown on me I guess. I’m very new to the Cosmere. I have read/listened to The Stormlight series many times. I can not get enough of them. I have only recently been wondering what the Cosmere actually is. It all started with, what I thought, was a simple Google search. Cosmere, Hoid

Boom, I found these forums. I’ve been drooling ever since and can’t wait to read more so I can understand a tad more of what I am seeing here. From what I can tell I need to read the Mistborn trilogy. Right? Hope so cause I just downloaded it from Audible. 

Anyway, glad I found this wonderful place, now off to read more. Thanks for creating a place like this!

Etin

Hello! As your advisor, I would advise you NOT to eat ANY cookies, or sell ANYTHING of yours to ANYONE. And yes, welcome to the shard. The Mistborn books are a great way to enter the Cosmere!

10 hours ago, Etinfall said:

Hi all. Quick rundown on me I guess. I’m very new to the Cosmere. I have read/listened to The Stormlight series many times. I can not get enough of them. I have only recently been wondering what the Cosmere actually is. It all started with, what I thought, was a simple Google search. Cosmere, Hoid

Boom, I found these forums. I’ve been drooling ever since and can’t wait to read more so I can understand a tad more of what I am seeing here. From what I can tell I need to read the Mistborn trilogy. Right? Hope so cause I just downloaded it from Audible. 

Anyway, glad I found this wonderful place, now off to read more. Thanks for creating a place like this!

Etin

Definately, and you should also read everything else by him as well, of course!  :)

30 minutes ago, Felurian Fae said:

Definately, and you should also read everything else by him as well, of course!  :)

I would second this. The Cosmere draws in many, but his work in general is simply excellent.

And, welcome to the Shard!

I had a similar experience I read stormlight and then found out about the cosmere and it blew my mind. Mistborn is a great choice to read and I would also recommend warbreaker as there are a few characters you'll recognize from stormlight. if you could live in one location on Roshar what would it be?  

17 hours ago, Sorana said:

Hello and welcome to the shard!

Who is your favourite character?

This is so hard to say. I could easily say most of the main characters, the story lines are so in-depth. But I am inclined to shoutout Rock. He makes me laugh and his people’s mysterious ways that allow him to see... let’s just say he sees things. 

16 hours ago, TheCremling said:

Welcome to the shard! If you were a radiant, which one would you be?

I would love to be able to soar through the skies as well as other things Windrunners can do. 

14 hours ago, hoidanalsium said:

I had a similar experience I read stormlight and then found out about the cosmere and it blew my mind. Mistborn is a great choice to read and I would also recommend warbreaker as there are a few characters you'll recognize from stormlight. if you could live in one location on Roshar what would it be?  

Only one location? I can only choose one? Seems evil to make me choose only one. Ummm Purelake or the Reshi Isles. I would like to have fish soup at Maib’s place. 

Thanks for all the welcomes and cookie warnings. 

Etin

• 6 months later...

Hi! Well...I am very new to this thing. I was introduced to Brandon Sanderson by a friend of mine. I just finished Skyward and can't wait to be able to read Starsight. I haven't read them yet, but the Stormlight Archives and Mistborn are top on my ever ending wish list of books. I just can't seem to ever catch them in the library while they are out.

Edited by Allen Spinnet

7 minutes ago, Allen Spinnet said:

Hi! Well...I am very new to this thing. I was introduced to Brandon Sanderson by a friend of mine. I just finished Skyward and can't wait to be able to read Starsight. I haven't read them yet, but the Stormlight Archives and Mistborn are top on my ever ending wish list of books. I just can't seem to ever catch them in the library while they are out.

Welcome to the Shard, @Allen Spinnet! Umm... you're supposed to make your own introduction thread. Just go to Introduce Yourself! forum, click the orange button at the top that says 'create new topic' and well, introduce yourself to us!

6 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Welcome to the Shard, @Allen Spinnet! Umm... you're supposed to make your own introduction thread. Just go to Introduce Yourself! forum, click the orange button at the top that says 'create new topic' and well, introduce yourself to us!

Ah! Sorry about that. Like I said, I'm new to this. I'll try it again.