Did Dalinar write about Evi's death in his biography

Ruti

So Dalinar wrote a biography at the end of oathbringer and I was wondering how much he actually revealed in his book, or mainly, how Evi actually died, that would have major implications for RoW, cause now everyone would know, right? like Renarin can read now and Shallan could walk in and be like 'Adolin you need to see this' but I just can't belive that Dalinar would go far enough to publish that, but idk, thoughts?

I don't know if it's been confirmed or not, but I'm 100% certain he included that in the book. I'm sure that he'll tell his family and inner circle ahead of time, cause you don't make your kid hear about that in the news, but he wants to clear the air. Dalinar doesn't go for half measures. And yes, I'm excited to see the impact it has.

Considering the preface that we read in part one, telling the world about the atrocities he committed and taking responsibility for his actions seems to be the entire point of writing the book. 

I will confess my murders before you. Most painfully, I have killed someone who loved me dearly.
—From Oathbringer, preface

I would imagine that Dalinar would tell Adolin and Renarin himself in person prior to the book's release. Since there will be a year time skip between Oathbringer and Rhythm of War, I do not think we will see "on screen" Dalinar opening up to Adolin and Renarin about it. Not saying there will be no consequences from it, but from what I understand the information would have been "out" regarding Adolin and Renarin for about a year by the time we see the characters again.

"I did kill the people of Rathelas," Dalinar shouted. "You might have been there, but I made the choice. I decided!" He stilled. "I killed her. It hurts so much, but I did it. I accept that. You cannot have her. You cannot take her from me again. ... If I pretend I didn't do those things, it means I can't have grown to become someone else.

Journey before destination," Dalinar said. "It cannot be a journey if it doesn't have a beginning."

That is basically the core theme of his confessional in-world work, Oathbringer.

I wonder if Moash is being set up to hear this read somehow, and be inspired to "take back his pain" from Odium in some way.

I mean, why did Dalinar feel the need to write this so strongly? He feels "the other light" while he writes it. I'm thinking it's Cultivation inspiring him, pruning him further if you will, to spread the word about the true nature of resisting Odium: reclaiming one's pain, one's faults, from the "Void" that he represents.

5 minutes ago, robardin said:

That is basically the core theme of his confessional in-world work, Oathbringer.

I wonder if Moash is being set up to hear this read somehow, and be inspired to "take back his pain" from Odium in some way.

I mean, why did Dalinar feel the need to write this so strongly? He feels "the other light" while he writes it. I'm thinking it's Cultivation inspiring him, pruning him further if you will, to spread the word about the true nature of resisting Odium: reclaiming one's pain, one's faults, from the "Void" that he represents.

I like this theory. Not sure if it could result in Moash resisting Odium, but it is certainly an angle I have not heard before, and very cleverly thought of. 

• Chaos locked this topic