Teachers

*inhales*

Spoiler

Once upon a time, there was a happy, little wind spren named Syl.

She loved making things stick! Stick, stick, stick. That was Syl's favorite thing to do!

Syl once found a grumpy man, so to cheer him up, she stuck his boot to the ground. Instead of being happy though, the grumpy man became even more grumpy.

Syl wanted the grumpy man to be happy, so she went with him. Eventually, she sticked things enough that he finally talked to her! 

They became the bestest friends in the whole wide world, and the grumpy man helped Syl find out she was a honor spren!

They lived happily ever after, the end!

After that, they went on a murdering spree of a bunch of creatures they found on the shattered plains, where a violent war was going on because a king was assassinated.

Anyone want to do the illustrations?

Edit: worth the double post

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

I was the student who would read in class after all the work was done. Never had a teacher confiscate a book from me though. Did have other students steal stuff from me, once in middle school a student from the classroom next door tried stealing my copy of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and I got it back because I knew the binding was pretty weak and a certain page had a rip on it.

The one thing I find annoying about working in a school now is how the place is trying to 'promote' reading but they have no idea how to incorporate it or even get the teenagers interested. Some books they put at a much lower grade level but then they'll have Clifford and Dr Suess for the high schoolers. Then there were a couple books they had assigned to the recommended grade level and pulled them because one had some language (think like how 80's kids films had strong language and rated PG) and the other complained about a scene that talked about an abortion, but not in detail, and she described it as being explicitly graphic. What made that second one silly was that it was a required reading for that grade and she was the only teacher to complain about it.

Oh and recently we had a read-a-thon and the way it was set up to record your minutes was actually discouraging reading since they wanted only 1-2 hours a day and I read more than that.