Mid-Range Game 35: Final Flight

However, if the Traitor is not flying M-Bot and is forced to eject, they will gain the Serial Killer win condition.

This is from the night section of the rules. It gives me the impression that the traitor doesn't have to have gained the SK win-con in order to have MBot, but now that they have MBot, if they're shot down they won't gain the SK win-con.

23 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Ah, so Sart does have to be the traitor then... And I just didn't realize how activating M-bot worked

Edit: Just read Elandera's post... So... Ok... I need to do a full reread of the rules it seems.

What. I'm not the traitor, Stick is! He was the one who was lynched.

Brenna looked to the skies, klaxons blaring across the base. They had another chance. A Krell fleet was approaching.

Her lips parted in a wolfish grin. They would be more prepared this time.

She darted toward the launchpad to ready her ship. Soon enough she was back in the cockpit, engaging her acclivity ring.

Bad Wolf was on the hunt.

---

41 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

1B, 1E, 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, and 2E, which are at 5 health, and 1C, 1D, and 1F which are at 4 health

We should probably start planning now how we want to take down the Krell. It appears 1C, 1D, and 1F can be taken down by ships with 4 destructors (Largos, M-Bot). @Steeldancer, can you confirm the excess damage after removing the shield will still hit the rest of the ship? If you're in a Largo or M-Bot, targeting one of those three would be the best bet.

Pocos and Fresas can coordinate attacks on the rest.

Regarding Bard, DA said Bard claimed to be able to take out a ship all his own. That's well within the realm of possibility outside of being a gunner considering some roles available to Pilots. I wouldn't say it confirms him to be a Gunner, but the persistent votes on Stick at the end did seem very odd, despite the reason for votes on Stick being flimsy at best.

3 minutes ago, Elandera said:

can you confirm the excess damage after removing the shield will still hit the rest of the ship?

Indeed it does. Otherwise the Turrets wouldn't be able to one shot Krell. 
Also, I may have messed up the votes again. I am the worst at counting votes. I was thorough this time and I STILL messed up. It doesn't change anything, but it's still annoying. 

Edited by Steeldancer

6 minutes ago, Elandera said:

We should probably start planning now how we want to take down the Krell. It appears 1C, 1D, and 1F can be taken down by ships with 4 destructors (Largos, M-Bot). @Steeldancer, can you confirm the excess damage after removing the shield will still hit the rest of the ship? If you're in a Largo or M-Bot, targeting one of those three would be the best bet.

Regarding Bard, DA said Bard claimed to be able to take out a ship all his own. That's well within the realm of possibility outside of being a gunner considering some roles available to Pilots. I wouldn't say it confirms him to be a Gunner, but the persistent votes on Stick at the end did seem very odd, despite the reason for votes on Stick being flimsy at best.

I shall target 1-B again- and will require assistance.

Yeah, true, he could be a sniper. But he specifically told me that by him telling me he could take down a Krell on his own, I would know what ship he has. However, no ship can take down a Krell on their own- unless you're a Gunner. Hence my leaning towards there.

And just for clarification- M-Bot rose but the Sk wasn't lynched? So there's no SK win-con activated yet? In which case neither Stick or Devotary is the SK?

Personally, I think it's pretty likely at this point that one of the people who voted on Stick is an elim.

....okay, I know that wasn't very helpful, but I needed to get my thoughts about that out.

Also, why are we suspecting either Stick or Devotary of being the SK? Is there something about the rules I'm forgetting that makes it possible that they're still alive?

So, uh, lorewise i don't think M-Bot rising means it has to be an SK. It could mean that the traitor fixed the ship early somehow. Maybe a certain ship.had to get shot down for them to get a piece they needed? I think it could be that M-bot is on our side until.we lynch the pilot, then they will become defected.

Just now, A Joe in the Bush said:

So, uh, lorewise i don't think M-Bot rising means it has to be an SK. It could mean that the traitor fixed the ship early somehow. Maybe a certain ship.had to get shot down for them to get a piece they needed? I think it could be that M-bot is on our side until.we lynch the pilot, then they will become defected.

Skyward spoilers:

Spoiler

Lore-wise, M-bot existing should stop there being an SK.

So I am not taking Lore super seriously here.

2 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Ah yes, secrets!

Right, so a lynch formed on me about 5am my time, which is fun. This is probably the most awkward time for me - it's early enough that it's just before I wake up most days, so I'm not there the last 6/7-ish hours before rollover, more unless it's the last thing I check before bed. So, I missed a PM by Drake discussing his thoughts on light-lances Night 1, which probably would have changed my action, and I missed the lynch on me Day 2. Fun.

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

And I do believe Bard pretty much confirmed himself to be Elim to me.

Yeah, that was just a rushed brainfart on my part - I mixed up the health and destructive power of my ship. :P I realised a bit later, but reasoned I'd try and find another player in a Poco to take a ship down together, since I still didn't like the idea of a single player having so much knowledge (and had mild suspicions about DA's behaviour in particular), and I figured it couldn't be too hard to make my own arrangements (until I ran out of time...). If I had been an Elim, I'd have probably been much more careful about my claims, and wouldn't have so carelessly outed myself like that.

Stick - mostly gut read, which I can't respond to - they have a trust read on Drake and DA, but I feel I was justified in what I said.
Elandera - mostly going after a lynch, and my death provided more info than Walin's. That's fair, honestly - I might have done the same in Elan's position.
CadCom (now Lumgol) - no reasoning given. I have a bad gut read about CadCom, but I'll leave that for a big post I'll try and get out tonight.
DA - already addressed above.

Also, per Steel's clarifications last cycle, apparently Elims can't light-lance? Which seems to me like it becomes way too easy to hard-clear people, but OK, sure. Once I realised I didn't have time to find another Poco to shoot down a Krell ship, I light-lanced Drake last cycle (which is why I knew they didn't submit the Elim kill) - by the lack of a counterclaim, that hardclears me, I think? (Which is actually kind of a problem - at least there's no protect from the Elim kill, but it means the Elims will have to kill me tonight or tomorrow just to keep the game balanced, which... yeah, I'm not thrilled about that fact, but the Elims have to do what the Elims have to do.)

I think I have a soft trust read on DA. I feel like an Elim would probably have dropped the argument on my lynch when they saw it wasn't going their way, but that's an IKYK.

Since I'm 90% certain I'm dying tonight I'll prepare one big post on my thoughts on all the players before the end of this turn. Since I don't think it matters anyway, I'm flying Poco 3, which is good, since we're not going to lose a really good ship like a Largo. I will IMP 2D tonight, so someone with a Fresa can finish them off.

One note on balance and fun: Given that it seems as though only villagers (and the SK) can light-lance and IMP, I can think of a couple easy ways to break the game for the villagers by hard-clearing players (unless Steel does a quick change-up of the rules). I encourage people not to do this. There are a few games where a loophole like that was tried (QF16 is one, off the top of my head), but it ultimately isn't as much fun for anyone, especially the Eliminators. If you lightlance or IMP someone, try not to claim publicly that you did so, because that makes you too easy to clear. (Feel free to claim in PM's, though, since it leaves open the possibility that you're an Elim who duped a villager not in the PM into performing that action for you. If you hear a claim like that, don't drop it into the thread.)

13 hours ago, Elandera said:

Brenna looked to the skies, klaxons blaring across the base. They had another chance. A Krell fleet was approaching.

Her lips parted in a wolfish grin. They would be more prepared this time.

She darted toward the launchpad to ready her ship. Soon enough she was back in the cockpit, engaging her acclivity ring.

Bad Wolf was on the hunt.

---

Okay, so Largo 1-3 take down C, D, & F respectively?

Bleh. I promised analysis, but I'm lazy, and it's now 2am and I haven't even started.

1. Snipexe, "Scissors" - @Snipexe hasn't posted much, would like to hear more from them. Neutral.
2. Xinoehp512, "Llerk" - Most of their posts that I was able to find involve trying to figure out who's targeting which ships, which is fairly NAI. Mentions a trust on DA for their annoyance at Sart. I'm actually inclined to give them a soft Elim read for trying to fly under the rader a little with NAI posts - I'd appreciate seeing them respond to lynch discussions a little more (though given this has been a fairly low activity thread, they're certainly not alone, and this level of activity isn't unusual for Xino.)
3. Elandera "Bad Wolf" Brenna - Breaks the tie by moving their vote from me to Stick in order to guarantee a lynch. This is fairly consistent with their behaviour (they broke the game against themselves in the Nalthis game I ran for basically identical reasons), so I'm inclined to give them a soft trust read for that.
4. Mailliw73, Millis “Storm” Stromberg - Less active than normal, but that's due to NAI stuff and having a stronger focus on the other game. Neutral.
5. Devotary, “Yaw(n)” Yafrion Pilot - I was trying to think of if anything can be gleaned by this, and the answer is yes, but only with random speculation. Devotary's died a lot recently, and there are some players who tend to factor that into their thought process more than others generally. So I'm less inclined to believe Maill, Joe, and possibly Fura are Eliminators (there are possibly more, but I don't know all of your opinions on this and how much you keep track of this stuff.)
6. Ark1002, Bard "Bastard" Dominion - Mainly RP - I'd like to hear a little more in the lynch discussion from them ( @Ark1002). They join the lynch on Stick early on with little reasoning, which is fairly par for the course for them.
7. Furamirionind, Julis "Junior" Elliot - Soft village gut read? They mix up Sart and Straw when discussing last cycles lynch, which feels more like a villager brainfart than anything else (not too unlike my own :ph34r:).
8. CadCom/Lumgol, "Preciousss" - CadCom was inactive, and we haven't really seen much from Lum yet. CadCom was one of three not to submit any action Night 1, but was online in that time (I'm inclined to just put that down to IRL reasons). They join the bandwagon on me for no reason given - so slight Elim read overall? Would like to hear more from Lum.

9. StrikerEZ, Seth "Striker" Johnson - Hasn't said much - @StrikerEZ . That said, they said that at least one Elim probably voted on Stick (which, assuming a standard number of Eliminators, is statistically likely, even if they didn't find something fishy about some of those votes). They also voted on Sart - if Sart turns out to be an Eliminator, I'd put a slight trust on Striker, since it doesn't feel like distancing to me.
10. Young Bard, Rivelda "Topsy-Turvy" Kline - Extremely charming and handsome, and obviously a villager. Also thinks he has a sense of humour at 2:30 in the morning (he doesn't.)
11. Sart, Sarah "Seraph" Potts - Moderate Elim read. "We need to lynch Gunners, before more of us get shot out of the sky." - I agree with DA that this line seems suspicious, since it feels like it's trying a little hard to make themselves seem like one of the villagers, and also saying nothing of substance. If I'm still alive tomorrow, they'd probably be my top lynch candidate at the moment.
12. Darkness Ascendent, Noel "Skinny Ship" Miller - I was slightly suspicious of them earlier, but I'm leaning towards trusting them now, actually. I still don't think they should be entrusted with singular knowledge of who has what ships, though.
13. Walin, Ildem "Isekai Inbred" - Basically entirely inactive. @Walin - Neutral.
14. XXGaea, Iradesca "Paradise Song" Aleh - @xxGaea- Has posted once since the start of the game, to mention that they might be inactive for a day or so.
15. A Joe in the Bush, Knowstoo "Number 4" Much - @A Joe in the Bush
 - Hasn't posted all that much - what they have I find fairly NAI. Neutral.
16. _Stick_, Stick "somethingcool" stick Pilot
17. Drake ":ph34r:" Marshall - I discussed this earlier - part of me really wants to trust Drake (especially since I love his RP this game), but another part feels like he's pocketing me. He mentioned in a PM that he's not typically known for doing that, which might be true, I don't remember, so... who knows. Neutral, but worth keeping a particularly close eye on.

The biggest challenge this game will probably be inactives, which is a shame. I think it's just that time of year where everyone has IRL stuff to deal with, and there's another game going on that prevents people from giving this their full attention. To the people who I pinged - try and say something, about this post or one of the people who've died so far - it would be a great help. 

Drake is not known for pocketing people? *cough* LG49, where he pocketed (if it can be called that) almost everyone in the Woman's Circle doc. I call it pocketing because people suspected Aesudan would have an anti-majority wincon.*cough* 

I have read a few of Drakes old games, and I just generally like Drakes playstyle. I would need to play with him more before I'd be confident I could analyse him though.

I'd put a village read on Bard for that post, even without the hard(?) Clear.

DA has been focusing hard on the Krell. This could be either village!DA having fun with the new unique mechanic, or this could be elim!DA using the Krell as an excuse to make lots of NAI content. I dont see a SK!DA however.

@Squad Leader, I think you are the only one who can 100% find the SK. So make sure to use your ability on your highest SK suspicion. There is an arguement for sharing it just in case you are killed, but idk yet if that's a good idea. My thought though, is the elims dont care if you scan them, and village doesnt care if you scan them, and the elims want the SK dead almost as much as us. So the only person who will kill you is the SK. So sharing results is ok? Thoughts?

Edit: sorry, I usually try to do more in depth analysis, but I only got 1 hour of sleep last night. And trying to be more active in this game as well.

Edited by Furamirionind

41 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

. StrikerEZ, Seth "Striker" Johnson - Hasn't said much - @StrikerEZ . That said, they said that at least one Elim probably voted on Stick (which, assuming a standard number of Eliminators, is statistically likely, even if they didn't find something fishy about some of those votes). They also voted on Sart - if Sart turns out to be an Eliminator, I'd put a slight trust on Striker, since it doesn't feel like distancing to me.

Well, I guess I better hope Sart is an elim, in that case. :P

Seriously though, I've started thinking about things, and I just really don't trust Sart. He's the only one that I've been getting an intense elim vibe from, though I wouldn't be surprised if Drake is just a masterful elim in hiding. I think DA, at this point, could probably swing either way. I don't have much of an opinion on everyone else.

As for the Stick lynch, I have a few ideas. I'm thinking that if either Sart or Ark is an elim, it's pretty likely one of the next three people who voted on Stick was an elim. It could make sense for an elim to put a lynch vote on Stick, then once the lynch started gaining traction, another elim could hop on the bandwagon and take out a villager. If this is the case, I think Elandera is the most likely to be the second elim out of the three people who voted on Stick after Sart and Ark. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, I think they switched their vote pretty last minute.

I was gonna write more, but I'm in a tornado warning right now, so I gotta go.