Mid-Range Game 35: Final Flight

Day 2- To Unleash the Light Beyond
Steel touched down in his Fresa. That had been a touch and go battle, and he was mildly frustrated with how disorganized it had been. If they had just been a little smarter in who they attacked, they could have destroyed more than just half of the krell, and finished off those that limped away. But the threat was gone, for now anyway. Now to face the backlash for their perceived incompetence. 
Sure enough, as Steel got out of his cockpit, he saw Ironsides storming into the hangar. She walked right over to a group of pilots who had never even gotten off the ground. 
"CADCOM! INBRED! STRIKER! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!" She screamed. Steel decided it would be a good idea to get over there and intervene. 
CadCom stammered. "I'm so sorry, commander, if you talk to the doctor I had a medical reason for not flying today-"
"YOU THINK I GIVE A DAMNATION ABOUT MEDICAL REASONS? ALL OF YOU ARE STRIPPED OF YOUR RIGHT TO PILOT A PLANE, RIGHT NOW!" She interrupted. 
Steel slid between Ironsides and the pilots who had failed to take flight. "Commander, I think you should give them a chance. We don't have many pilots right now, and we can't afford to just kick them out willy nilly. We do need to get rid of the rebels, but this isn't the way to do it."
Ironsides breathed in, her anger visibly dimming at seeing Steel. She spoke in a more quiet voice to the pilots behind Steel. "You're lucky one of the most respectable pilots under my command spoke in your defense, or I would have your badges right now. As it is, I'll happily see you court-martialed if you do ANYTHING suspicious. If this happens again, I will not be so forgiving." With that, Ironsides walked out of the hangar. 
The pilots breathed a sigh of relief, and Steel turned to them. "You better not screw up like that again. I know you probably had your reasons, but even I only have so much pull with Ironsides. Don't let it happen again, or I won't be able to help you. And we needed your help up there. There were 3 krell ships that only just scraped away. If we had had you, they each would have gone down. And maybe we wouldn't have lost Yawn to a swarm of Krell and the rebels commanding our own bases turrets."
He walked away, leaving them to stew. He really hoped he hadn't just burned through whatever pull he had with Ironsides. He suspected at this point, he wouldn't be able to get his medical leave until the rebels had been purged. Hopefully today they could actually get something done about that. On the bright side, no ships had gone down besides Poco-6. A few were scratched up, but that was nothing they couldn't fix before the next battle with the Krell. Hopefully, next time they could just be a bit better about finishing them off. 
CadCom (1)
StrikerEZ (1)
Walin (1)

Spoiler

Largo-1

Largo-2: Shields down

Largo-3

Fresa-1

Fresa-2

Fresa-3

Fresa-4

Fresa-5

Fresa-6

Poco-1: 3/6 health

Poco-12

Poco-3

Poco-4

Poco-5: 3/6 health

Poco-7

Poco-8

Poco-9

Poco-10

Poco-11: Shields down

Remember to submit a ship assignment. Priority is given to those who request the same ship they used the previous night. Remember you can also submit actions to repair ships. 

Spoiler

1. Snipexe, "Scissors"
2. Xinoehp512, "Llerk"
3. Elandera "Bad Wolf" Brenna 
4. Mailliw73, Millis “Storm” Stromberg
5. Devotary, “Yaw(n)” Yafrion Pilot
6. Ark1002, Bard "Bastard" Dominion
7. Furamirionind, Julis "Junior" Elliot
8. Cadmium "CadCom" Compounder
9. StrikerEZ, Seth "Striker" Johnson
10. Young Bard, Rivelda "Topsy-Turvy" Kline
11. Sart, Sarah "Seraph" Potts
12. Darkness Ascendent, Noel "Skinny Ship" Miller
13. Walin, Ildem "Isekai Inbred"
14. XXGaea, Iradesca "Paradise Song" Aleh
15. A Joe in the Bush, Knowstoo "Number 4" Much
16. _Stick_, Stick "somethingcool" stick
17. Drake "
:ph34r:" Marshall

Edited by Steeldancer
I think that might be the first time I've actually caught the swearing filter :P

Bad Wolf had reigned in the sky. Nothing could stop her. She had danced through the debris field and Krell ships, even taking one out of the battle. 

Even then, a part of Brenna knew much of what happened was luck. Luck that had lead her to an already damaged ship. Luck that had allowed her - on her first flight as a full pilot - to shoot it down.

Yaw(n) hadn't the same luck, for it wasn't skill that mattered when supposed allies were turning on their pilots.

Their squad hadn't the same luck, for what could be done when some pilots never even answered the call?

But Bad Wolf lived. And Bad Wolf would return.

"I am the Bad Wolf."

---

CadCom, StrikerEZ and Walin can be cleared of at least being an elim to submit the kill order, though they can't be cleared entirely.

At first glance, the choice to kill Devotary doesn't seem to give any obvious hints. I'll have to go back and review what's happened, though. It could be they chose her because she's a pretty good strategist for a game like this.

More thoughts to follow when I have a bit more time to actually review things. I'm at work, so time is limited.

Edited by Elandera

We need to lynch Gunners, before more of us get shot out of the sky. I'm voting on Stick. I'm always in favor of a Day 1 lynch, and him being so happy about not having one seemed off.

I have a couple weird reads on Drake and DA. Drake is just a gut read - I can't shake the feeling that they're trying to pocket me. But there's nothing specifically I can point to to analyse, and I can confidently say they did not perform the Elim kill last cycle, so at the moment I'm just putting this down to paranoia. (Also, they have funny RP and I kind of want to see more. :P)

DA's playstyle seems quite different from normal - they're much more active and analytical than I remember them being. However, those are also attributes that I don't want to discourage, so I'm again reluctant to put a vote on them for it. 

On top of that, IIRC, both of them are also players that have just returned from a hiatus, which makes me even more hesitant to lynch them so early in the game.

Which leaves me precisely nowhere. I'm not opposed to a Stick lynch, but for the purposes of variety I'll put a vote on Fura. Looking at their activity, they are very active in LG55 compared with here, so I'd like to hear a bit more from them about this game. (And their number on the signup list came up on the RNG. :P)

I'll also poke @Walin, @Cadmium Compounder and @StrikerEZ while I'm here.

7 hours ago, Sart said:

I'm voting on Stick. I'm always in favor of a Day 1 lynch, and him being so happy about not having one seemed off.

What xD I wasn’t happy about not having a lynch, I decided to just let it be. I was and am happy, however, about the no vote manip thing.

Also, her* :P 

6 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

For now I'll join Sart's lynch of Stick, but that will probably change

Quick to start a train, eh? Nice.:P

2 hours ago, Young Bard said:

I can confidently say they did not perform the Elim kill last cycle

Wait why 

11 hours ago, Elandera said:

At first glance, the choice to kill Devotary doesn't seem to give any obvious hints. I'll have to go back and review what's happened, though. It could be they chose her because she's a pretty good strategist for a game like this.

Yeah, it points out that the Elims found her (? Is devotary female, never knew they were) threatening. My guess is that the Elims are either inexperienced or just not willing to take any risks with this game.

10 hours ago, Sart said:

We need to lynch Gunners, before more of us get shot out of the sky. I'm voting on Stick. I'm always in favor of a Day 1 lynch, and him being so happy about not having one seemed off.

Wow Sart thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation, ignoring my query as to why you voted on Cadcom instead of Ark when you wanted to lynch someone, making a ridiculous point about Stick which is absolutely unfounded oh right, We need to lynch Gunners you say? Isn't that what you said last time too.

No ship sherlock.

Weird how both Sart and Ark are distinctly inactive whilst continually attempting to start lynches. This is called Calculated Inactivity- a prime elim technique to stay out of the limelight. Cept if they're elim they're doing it very badly. Oh and "That will probably change"- that is probably not true.

5 hours ago, Young Bard said:

I have a couple weird reads on Drake and DA. Drake is just a gut read - I can't shake the feeling that they're trying to pocket me. But there's nothing specifically I can point to to analyse, and I can confidently say they did not perform the Elim kill last cycle, so at the moment I'm just putting this down to paranoia. (Also, they have funny RP and I kind of want to see more. :P)

DA's playstyle seems quite different from normal - they're much more active and analytical than I remember them being. However, those are also attributes that I don't want to discourage, so I'm again reluctant to put a vote on them for it. 

On top of that, IIRC, both of them are also players that have just returned from a hiatus, which makes me even more hesitant to lynch them so early in the game.

Which leaves me precisely nowhere. I'm not opposed to a Stick lynch, but for the purposes of variety I'll put a vote on Fura. Looking at their activity, they are very active in LG55 compared with here, so I'd like to hear a bit more from them about this game. (And their number on the signup list came up on the RNG. :P)

I'll also poke @Walin, @Cadmium Compounder and @StrikerEZ while I'm here.

Ya yeet. I'm a changed man. 

Equally chaotic

Just with far more refined style.

Why aren't you opposed to a Stick lynch? its reasoning is ludicrous and the parallels between Ark and Sart's behaviour is a little strange.

Personal headcanon is that Sart could be the SK (does the Sk know they're the SK before they get lynched?). If not then just a really bad elim.

yeah and same deal with @Mailliw73, I thought you'd be more active than this man come on! :P First game I've played with you and this is the show I get of all the legends passed through the ages.

2 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

What xD I wasn’t happy about not having a lynch, I decided to just let it be. I was and am happy, however, about the no vote manip thing.

Yeah, I don't like how Sart's reasoning is that thin.

Also what ship would be able to take out a single Krell target on their own?

@Darkness Ascendant Sorry man! I never supported those legends; I think they’re trumped up more than anything else. :P I’ve also been occupied with another game and a busy weekend, so no guarantees to my activity. I can promise that I’ll be around and I’ll try to figure this out, but I don’t have any leads yet. I would've gone for a lynch, but I forgot what MRs are like. I trust Elandera too, but that’s pretty common for me. I didn’t get any PMs :( 

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Also what ship would be able to take out a single Krell target on their own?

21 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Any of the three, if they use their IMP I think 

Unfortunately, no Pilot ship does enough damage. Largos and MBot are the closest with 4 destructors, meaning 4 damage. Only one action also means they have to work in coordination with someone else for an IMP to be effective.

Gunners, however, can 1-shot a Krell ship, as AA turrets do 10 damage.

I'm not really a fan of the Stick lynch, because it's kind of baseless. DA would be the better target for a lynch based on reaction to not having one last cycle. He was the one really pushing for that.

Also, DA, why not vote on Sart if you're so suspicious?

I'm of half a mind to vote on you, but won't because you are just returning and lynching you now would be unfortunate.

I'll need to give more thought before I vote. I'm just waking up still.

How about we just not lynch people based on them being against the D1 lynch? :P If anything, elims would want a D1 lynch, as the lynchee is almost always a villager. Anyway, that's a discussion for another day. My very unsubstantiated reads at this point are as follows. Xino, Ark, DA, and Drake seem like villagers to me. Consequently, Bard's suspicion for DA and Drake kind of makes me suspicious of Bard. However that's barely a reason for me to cast a vote on him so I won't do that until I have a better reason.

I guess I'll vote in a while. Would help if more people posted. I need something to analyse. :P

OK! Show over for the week, I'm free until next weekend. And will be significantly more active in analysis and PMs and such.

With the Devotary kill, that's a pretty typical one. She gets killed N1 typically when she isn't evil.

@Young Bard, well so far this game I have been extreamly busy. But things will hopefully be a bit better the next couple days.

With no squad leader, and no sense of direction, we all took to the skies. Someone opened a private channel.

"Hey Junior!" The voice said, "with no flight leader, we need some sense of direction, and I was hoping you could help with that. I included Yawn and another in this channel. Perhaps we can work some things out?"

They all started talking, but I didnt really contribute. I was preoccupied with my flying.

As we approached the Krell, our scanners started to pick them up. There were 10.  "I've got 1J!" I called out into the radio, and I took off towards the Krell. I 

I weaved in between 2, and shot at 1J. It dodged. What I hadn't considered, is what those 2 ships I passed would do after I passed them. They spun around and started tailing me, firing their Destructers.  I stopped following 1J and just started focusing on evading. I pulled down sharply, and tried to loop around them, but they followed too close. One of them hit, and my shields went down. Then they both exploded. Yawn and BadWolf had destroyed both ships tailing me.

I thanked them over Comms as Yawn fell in beside me. 1J was right in front of us. "I'll go IMP it, you take it out." They called to me. I nodded. And they flew off.

Right as Yawn hit their IMP, the sky lit up with desructer fire from... above? It was all aimed at Yawn. She tried to accelerate out of the zone of fire, but it was too late as she spiraled into the ground.

Oh right, then I remembered 1J. I shot one blast of the Destructers at it and it blew up.

Edited by Furamirionind
speeling

I'm so sorry I didn't get on to perform an action yesterday. I turned out to be much busier than I thought I would be, though I'm much more free now.

Anyway my gut guesses for who could be an elim right now are Sart and/or DA. Reading their exchanges, I just feel really uncomfortable. Something about them sets off elim signals in my head, but I can't tell why. I'm leaning more towards Sart being the elim of the two, but if he isn't, then I'd say DA is probably an elim.

I'm pretty sure Drake is village, because he's been very valuable in helping with the village strategy to fight off the Krell (even though my inactivity ultimately hurt us). He could just be an elim who is great at acting (and is using his hilarious roleplaying to hide his status as an elim), but I find that unlikely.

I guess to keep things moving, I'll go ahead and vote on Sart.

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I'm pretty sure Drake is village, because he's been very valuable in helping with the village strategy to fight off the Krell (even though my inactivity ultimately hurt us). He could just be an elim who is great at acting (and is using his hilarious roleplaying to hide his status as an elim), but I find that unlikely.

That's NAI in this game. Neither elims nor village want the krell to win.

3 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

That's NAI in this game. Neither elims nor village want the krell to win.

Ohhh, I keep forgetting that. My bad.

I guess Drake isn't as cleared as I thought he was. I'm still gonna leave my vote on Sart though, because I trust him way less than I do Drake.

4 hours ago, Elandera said:

I'm not really a fan of the Stick lynch, because it's kind of baseless. DA would be the better target for a lynch based on reaction to not having one last cycle. He was the one really pushing for that.

Sorry, I'm not really joining it, more just choosing a lynch with a bit of grounding in case I don't have time for my own analysis. 

uhh okay right now I'm up for the lynch so we need to do something about that

Bard I know my reasoning isn't really something you can defend yourself against so I'm sorry, but this is the only gut read I have at the moment.

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Anyway my gut guesses for who could be an elim right now are Sart and/or DA. Reading their exchanges, I just feel really uncomfortable. Something about them sets off elim signals in my head, but I can't tell why. I'm leaning more towards Sart being the elim of the two, but if he isn't, then I'd say DA is probably an elim.

Hm I'd say it was more of a village/village interaction

edit: I reread your posts, Bard, and the only thing that stood out was this post of yours, where you say a lot of things (even offer an idea and immediately discard it) but it's mostly just fluff

Edited by _Stick_

43 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Krell 1J and 1H were destroyed. Do we get a post of how many krell were destroyed and which survived? 1E and 1F are still alive.

1A was also destroyed.

With so few hours left (scud, is it really 2 PM already?!), I don't like that Stick is in the lead. The reasoning against them is flimsy. Even if I do disagree with them about a D1 lynch, I don't think that's a reason to lynch anyone. Same goes for the vote on Sart.

The following people have yet to post this turn: @Snipexe, @Cadmium Compounder, @Walin, @xxGaea, @MrakeDarshall

I am a bit concerned that Maill, Sart, and Gaea all apparently submitted actions, but didn't post at all. I definitely don't think that's an elim!Maill style, but I can't say for sure on Sart and Gaea.

CadCom and Walin posted, but didn't put in an action. To me, that seems more out of confusion that lack of desire to help.

Unfortunately, even with a quick review of the last two turns, I haven't come up with anything substantial. Devotary's posts didn't seem to include much in the way of clues about her death and there weren't a whole lot of interactions with others either.

I feel this is very much like a classic D1 lynch, rather than a D2. Not having a lynch last time, I feel, has set us a bit behind.

Since I don't feel I have much to go on, Walin. Between you and CadCom, I know you were around at least a little bit, and could have asked questions about who to target. It's not much reasoning, but it's something.

Vote Count:

Stick (2) - Sart, Ark
Fura (1) - Young Bard
Sart (1) - StrikerEZ
Bard (1) - Stick
CadCom (1)
StrikerEZ (1)
Walin (2) - Elandera, (no action)

Edited by Elandera

10 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I'm willing to change my vote later on to prevent a no lynch but right now, I don't know if we'll gain much info with a Walin lynch

That is true. What might we learn from a Bard lynch? I'm not entirely against that one, but I also don't fully see why.

2 minutes ago, Elandera said:

That is true. What might we learn from a Bard lynch? I'm not entirely against that one, but I also don't fully see why.

hm he's expressed suspicions, so maybe we could start from there. He only has 2 other posts though, so I'll admit there isn't a lot to go off by.