Mid-Range Game 35: Final Flight

1 minute ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Also: CadCom said in another thread that he totalled his car and has to deal with all that so I also don't think its fair to lynch him D1 

That's fair. CadCom.

11 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Not day 1 we don't, Ark

I do not, however, agree with this. Yes, our D1 lynch has a high probability of hitting a villager, but if we ignore the lynch today, that's just likely going to be the case tomorrow. At least with a lynch, we get a starting point. 

Stick, because they've posted enough it might give us more info. Plus they were the first to suggest no lynch today.

8 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Stick, because they've posted enough it might give us more info

I do not understand your reasoning here, nor did they suggest a no-lynch, they said they were fine with there being no lynch.

Ark

Elandera

I admit I'm a little suspicious of Elandera and mildly curious as to why Sart choice to follow her as opposed to the vote on Ark.

(I am so sorry Steel for all the vote changes)

EDIT: I just noticed this and don't understand it either

if we ignore the lynch today, that's just likely going to be the case tomorrow. At least with a lynch, we get a starting point. 

1. No, that is not likely going to be the case. How is it likely going to be the case?

2. We will have the actions taken N1, and tomorrow's Write-up to be an effective starting point as opposed to shooting blindly in the dark.

3. Instead of shooting blindly in the dark, D1 can be effectively used in discussing strategies and forming connections which can also be called on later to be used to inform lynches.

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

3 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I do not understand your reasoning here, nor did they suggest a no-lynch, they said they were fine with there being no lynch.

Ark

Elandera

I admit I'm a little suspicious of Elandera and mildly curious as to why Sart choice to follow her as opposed to the vote on Ark.

(I am so sorry Steel for all the vote changes)

If I were to choose between a lynch and no lynch, I always opt for the former, no matter which alignment I have. No lynch means very, very little can be learned. It means we're delaying the inevitable by a whole turn, basically leaving one turn as a free-kill for the elims. Even if the chance is low, there is at least a chance of hitting an elim if we have a lynch, compared to a 0% chance with no lynch.

How would no lynch benefit anyone?

9 minutes ago, Elandera said:

If I were to choose between a lynch and no lynch, I always opt for the former, no matter which alignment I have. No lynch means very, very little can be learned. It means we're delaying the inevitable by a whole turn, basically leaving one turn as a free-kill for the elims. Even if the chance is low, there is at least a chance of hitting an elim if we have a lynch, compared to a 0% chance with no lynch.

How would no lynch benefit anyone?

Yes I agree late game, but not with turn 1. Turn 1 lynches are harmful to ourselves only. The Eliminators serve to gain far more from a D1 lynch than the villagers ever could. We are not giving them a free-kill tonight but denying them 2 free kills. The probabilities of hitting a villager is far too high.

Also if you could respond to my Edit of the post above that would be appreciated

You also didn't respond to my questions regarding Stick: You've posted far more than her and have actively engaged with lynch discussion etc, following your own logic you should be lynched today as you would give the most information.

12 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

1. No, that is not likely going to be the case. How is it likely going to be the case?

2. We will have the actions taken N1, and tomorrow's Write-up to be an effective starting point as opposed to shooting blindly in the dark.

3. Instead of shooting blindly in the dark, D1 can be effectively used in discussing strategies and forming connections which can also be called on later to be used to inform lynches.

Sorry if that was unclear. My saying it would likely be the case tomorrow was indicating we're just as likely to hit a villager D2 as D1, from my experience.

One struggle I am having with this lynch is the lack of participation D1. There's very little from anyone to inform any kind of decision. It's a lot of why I'm just going to leave things as they are. Though I'd prefer a lynch, no one else is chiming in, and there's been enough people saying no that I'll oblige.

Hopefully the night turn will change that, though I don't really see how actions will be any information in that regards. As far as I've read (though I'm horrible about only skimming rules), there aren't really any role/action scans. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also regarding write-ups, I rarely put stock in those, as I consider them to usually just be for style rather than realistic results of the game.

D1 would have been nice to discuss strategies, but as I said earlier, there hasn't been anything until the last 20 minutes. We should have started this a while ago.

Ark(1): Fura
CadCom(1): Sart
Stick(1): Elandera
Elandera(1): DA

With a two vote minimum required for a successful lynch, these numbers would result in a no-lynch. We're not anywhere close to having the base destroyed, so the main reason to avoid lynching today is to ensure that there's no traitor tonight. It is true that having more people makes it less likely that the elim kill will be successful, but the odds don't shift that much.  

Just now, Elandera said:

As far as I've read (though I'm horrible about only skimming rules), there aren't really any role/action scans. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the closest thing we have is if a ship gets damaged and the squad leader saw who was flying that ship, it's proof that that player isn't a gunner.

1 minute ago, Elandera said:

Sorry if that was unclear. My saying it would likely be the case tomorrow was indicating we're just as likely to hit a villager D2 as D1, from my experience.

One struggle I am having with this lynch is the lack of participation D1. There's very little from anyone to inform any kind of decision. It's a lot of why I'm just going to leave things as they are. Though I'd prefer a lynch, no one else is chiming in, and there's been enough people saying no that I'll oblige.

Hopefully the night turn will change that, though I don't really see how actions will be any information in that regards. As far as I've read (though I'm horrible about only skimming rules), there aren't really any role/action scans. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also regarding write-ups, I rarely put stock in those, as I consider them to usually just be for style rather than realistic results of the game.

D1 would have been nice to discuss strategies, but as I said earlier, there hasn't been anything until the last 20 minutes. We should have started this a while ago.

Ah I see, true however the chances increase in my opinion with enough deducing; I'm not as suspicious of you anymore but I'm certainly suspicious of Sart and would like to keep an eye on him.

Yeah true, its been pretty sad and quiet.

The night turn *will* change this,we will have a write-up to give us information- this also extends to the solid information given (Who was killed, who was attacked etc).

Well yeah, I did start the discussion way earlier- I suggested making a Poco Network (Which I am still very open to so all Pocos PM me!)

Night 1- To Break the Firmament
"Skull Flight! You're up! We've got company attempting to attack the base itself. The other flights are engaging the rest of the Krell forces farther away near some debris, but 10 of them peeled off towards this direction. Go go go! Get in your ships NOW!" yelled Hot Stuff, Steel's flight leader. 
The flight sprinted towards the ships. There was a brief scuffle over who got to be in Largo 1, which Steel didn't understand at all. He had always preferred a Fresa himself. He was best at being high speed, but in combat rather than as a scout. Scouting had never much been his thing. 
Once one person managed to get themselves in Largo 1, the others trudged over to various other ships, and Skull Flight took off. Indeed, there were 10 Krell incoming. Perhaps they had intended to circumvent Alta Base's defenses. As if it would get by the Turrets... which had been seized by the Rebels. Right. That... could be a problem. 
Steel scoffed at that thought. Like an AA gun would be able to shoot him down in a Fresa. He whooped, and maneuvered his acclivity ring to get some extra push forward, the way he liked it. Speed past the Krell, faster than they could react, and then hit them from behind.

Meanwhile, a small blue and yellow creature began an epic journey. The creature named Doomslug would not, could not be stopped in its singular mission. A mission that would change the balance between life and death on the world of Detritus. 
Ark (1)- Fura
No one was lynched! 
The forces of the Krell consist of 10 ships, no Lifebuster. They are labeled 1A-1J. They each have 5 health, of which 3 is their shields. They will do 3 damage if allowed to attack. PMs are now open. If you do not submit an action tonight, you will incur an additional vote on you during the following day. Your ship assignments will arrive in PM shortly. The night will end in 24 hours, at 8:00 PM EDT, 5/27/2019. And remember to include me in your PMs. You ARE allowed to make group PMs if you so desire. 

Spoiler

1. Snipexe, "Scissors"
2. Xinoehp512, "Llerk"
3. Elandera "Bad Wolf" Brenna 
4. Mailliw73, Millis “Storm” Stromberg
5. Devotary, “Yaw(n)” Yafrion
6. Ark1002, Bard "Bastard" Dominion
7. Furamirionind, Julis "Junior" Elliot
8. Cadmium "CadCom" Compounder
9. StrikerEZ, Seth "Striker" Johnson
10. Young Bard, Rivelda "Topsy-Turvy" Kline
11. Sart, Sarah "Seraph" Potts
12. Darkness Ascendent, Noel "Skinny Ship" Miller
13. Walin, Ildem "Isekai Inbred"
14. XXGaea, Iradesca "Paradise Song" Aleh
15. A Joe in the Bush, Knowstoo "Number 4" Much
16. _Stick_, Stick "somethingcool" stick
17. Drake "
:ph34r:" Marshall

Edited by Steeldancer
what are you talking about, forgotten votes?

Okay just for clarification: To destroy the krell ships we need to target them using 1A-1J? In which case we all should state what our ships are so we can co-ordinate our attacks on the Krell.

Also- Did Furariomind retract his vote on Ark? To my understanding, there's still1 vote on Ark.

Ok. I'm back. And exausted. Way way more than I was yesturday. Today everything that could have gone wrong, basically did... though somehow the audience didnt seem to realize most of the time...

Anyway. I will probably just be checking up, and then take a nap or something. Sorry.

I already skimmed what happened D1, but I will also actually read it

Ninja'd: I didnt retract from ark.

I just got back online; I've been in the presence of WiFi but not with a computer, so I forgot to check in on the 17th Shard.

I'll be reading last night's backlog, and responding in a few hours; for right now, though, I'm just saying that I'm here and about to enter activity.

And thanks for tagging when I hadn't responded, Elandera. Notifications are good at reminding me that a game is going on.

45 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

what are you talking about, forgotten votes?

:ph34r:

Calling all Pocos!

Yo all Pocos!

we will be Pocoyo

What Pocos think they look like:

Image result for Badass pilot

What they actually look like:

Poco.jpg.cf53a421d262e44d17de7ebb1e04816c.jpg

(Sorry I couldn't help myself)

EDIT: Also @Steeldancer what are all these slug references?

33 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

EDIT: Also @Steeldancer what are all these slug references?

There is a slug in skyward that gets named, "Doomslug". : ) its literally that simple.

If anyone wants an extra PM, I am more than willing to respond to PMs. And I encourage people to reach out to me.  However, I dont think I will be sending out PMs tonight, as I dont feel up for that level of work.

Just a quick bit of analysis. Since unused attacks will be reassigned to the next available target, one option may to all be target 1A, then let RNG trickle down. It may not be the best option, but it's there. :P

In reality, we should probably be going on PM networks to get certain ships working together. It would probably be most effective if we can get some IMPs working in coordination with damage. If the Largo ships can coordinate IMP usage with 3 Pocos, we can take down a good portion of the Krell fleet.

I'll start sending some PMs.

Actually, scratch that- Everyone contact me with the ship you've been assigned to. I've already gotten contact with a few people and i reckon I could co-ordinate the attack on the Krell fairly easily. Good thing to note that since they are a common enemy- trust is irrelevant.

Responses within the next 7 hours will be appreciated (since I'll only be able to be active in time to co-ordinate by then)

Hi guys!

So, I'm gonna read day 1, then comment

EDIT: So Fura just voted on me cause I was inactive, ok

Bard Dominion, Callsign: Bastard, was ready to fly. He stepped into the ship. The Krell would be coming, and he would fight. Bastard grinned.

"Callsign: Bastard, reporting."

Edited by ApatheticTeenager