Mid-Range Game 35: Final Flight

I am very suspicious of Gaea.

They've been active enough, supposedly, to submit an action each night. They haven't stated what their action each night are, as far as I'm aware. The elim team is also likely containing an inactive. This may very well be Gaea, as they haven't been active this game.

Frankly, I'm not too concerned about the Krell at this point. We're in the late-game, and so long as we find the last Eliminator (which I believe we can accomplish in at most one and a half cycles) before the Krell kills us all or destroys the base. The Krell will be a minor nuisance tonight, and tomorrow night it will be more painful but easily surviveable, by which time the game will most likely be won.

1 hour ago, Young Bard said:

Frankly, I'm not too concerned about the Krell at this point. We're in the late-game, and so long as we find the last Eliminator (which I believe we can accomplish in at most one and a half cycles) before the Krell kills us all or destroys the base. The Krell will be a minor nuisance tonight, and tomorrow night it will be more painful but easily surviveable, by which time the game will most likely be won.

I'm 80 percent sure it's Gaea

2 hours ago, Young Bard said:

You are assuming there is only 1 left... If there are 2 we are in trouble.

At this point, things are looking pretty bad for the elims too I think. I am now questioning a Bard SK.

Bad Wolf took to the skies - maybe for the last time. She wasn't sure why, but her flight was turning on her. Hadn't they seen her flying?

Now wasn't the time to worry about that. It was time to take down the Krell. If everyone wanted to kick her out of the DDF, she'd make her last flight an unforgettable one.

---

That was going to be longer, but I'm suddenly on a time crunch. On to more important things.

2. Xinoehp512, "Llerk" - Neutral. Too little contribution to say one way or another. Could be inactive elim. @xinoehp512
3. Elandera "Bad Wolf" Brenna - Me. Village. Because village.
6. Ark1002, Bard "Bastard" Dominion - Neutral, though possible elim lean. He's been able to fly under the radar due to his normal style, but he could still be an elim using that as a cover.
7. Furamirionind, Julis "Junior" Elliot - Slight elim lean. Possible distancing votes with Joe earlier in the game, along with the strange refusal to vote on Maill once things started turning away from me.
9. StrikerEZ, Seth "Striker" Johnson - Village. Can't remember why, but I feel like he's proven it (again, time crunch won't let me look and confirm)
10. Young Bard, Rivelda "Topsy-Turvy" Kline - SK or Village. I don't like that he says we can ignore the Krell, but that also doesn't seem like something an SK would suggest. Probably village.
14. XXGaea, Iradesca "Paradise Song" Aleh - Same as Xino, too little info to say for sure. @xxGaea
17. Drake ":ph34r:" Marshall - Probably village. I know this is a flip, but his statement yesterday saying he was certain I was elim would be a dangerous move for an elim to say against someone who'd flip village.

7 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

You are assuming there is only 1 left... If there are 2 we are in trouble.

At this point, things are looking pretty bad for the elims too I think. I am now questioning a Bard SK.

What is your reasoning for Bard as an SK?

Just now, Ark1002 said:

What is your reasoning for Bard as an SK?

9 hours ago, Young Bard said:

This post. I think it is true if there is only 1 elim remaining, but if there are 2, it is possible the Krell will kill us before we will both elims if we just focus on them. Especially if one of our reads is wrong, which on inactives, is very possible.

The SK wins with the Krell, which is why I am saying this.

Just now, Furamirionind said:

This post. I think it is true if there is only 1 elim remaining, but if there are 2, it is possible the Krell will kill us before we will both elims if we just focus on them. Especially if one of our reads is wrong, which on inactives, is very possible.

Ah. That makes a lot more sense, thank you,

51 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

The problem I have with this is that if Bard is the SK, his Krell win-con wouldn't have been activated yet. If he does believe we're this close to the end of the game, it would be dangerous to side with the Krell, especially if he really does believe we're close to getting the last elim. If the win-con hasn't been triggered, he wins with village.

1 minute ago, Elandera said:

The problem I have with this is that if Bard is the SK, his Krell win-con wouldn't have been activated yet. If he does believe we're this close to the end of the game, it would be dangerous to side with the Krell, especially if he really does believe we're close to getting the last elim. If the win-con hasn't been triggered, he wins with village.

Hmm. Your right.

@Steeldancer if the krell shoot down the SK, will their SK wincon be activated?

Day 6- And I Am So Much Better For It
6 ships. Surely they should have been able to handle 6 ships. 
But no, :ph34r: had insisted on never shooting a single Krell, but always shooting at people to see whether they were actually in their ships or not. But that had backfired on him tonight, hadn't it. 2 Krell had ripped through his weakened hull, and he had crashed to the ground. Steel ground his teeth in frustration, looking out the hangar doors, cursing the stupidity of the sniper for not doing what he was told to do- to fight the Krell. 
Not only that, but another of Steel's good friends had been shot down. Striker, the Ace pilot of his flight had been shot down by the rebels. He clenched his fists, silently vowing revenge against whatever Rebel had decided it was a good idea to shoot down one of the best fighters against the Krell. 
A small blue and yellow creature with flutes on its back came up towards him. He had no idea what it was, but he needed the comfort. So he started petting the odd creature, who began to make pleased noises out of its flutes. 
"You know, little guy, I wonder if perhaps there's a way to cut off the Krell forever. A way to permanently end the threat from above. What do you think?"
The little creature tooted, then inched a way again. Steel sighed, and looked out again on the desolate landscape. What a barren place. According to the stories, Earth had been lush and beautiful, once. He wondered why they had ever even left. Or for that matter, how they had gotten here. 
xxGaea (2)
The turn will end in 23 hours, at 8:00 AM, EDT, 6/7/19. The Base is at 23 health. 

Spoiler

Largo-1

Largo-2

Largo-3

Fresa-1

Fresa-2: shields down

Fresa-6

Poco-1: shields down

Poco-12

Poco-3

Poco-7

Poco-8

Poco-10

Poco-11

Spoiler

1. Snipexe, "Scissors" Pilot, Wingmate to Joe
2. Xinoehp512, "Llerk"
3. Elandera "Bad Wolf" Brenna 
4. Mailliw73, Millis “Storm” Stromberg Rebel Gunner
5. Devotary, “Yaw(n)” Yafrion Pilot
6. Ark1002, Bard "Bastard" Dominion
7. Furamirionind, Julis "Junior" Elliot
8. Lumgol "Preciousss" Pilot
9. StrikerEZ, Seth "Striker" Johnson Ace Pilot
10. Young Bard, Rivelda "Topsy-Turvy" Kline
11. Sart, Sarah "Seraph" Potts Pilot
12. Darkness Ascendent, Noel "Skinny Ship" Miller Pilot, Wingmate to Walin
13. Walin, Ildem "Isekai Inbred" Pilot, Wingmate to DA
14. XXGaea, Iradesca "Paradise Song" Aleh
15. A Joe in the Bush, Knowstoo "Number 4" Much Rebel Pilot, Snipexe's Wingmate
16. _Stick_, Stick "somethingcool" stick Pilot
17. Drake ":ph34r:" Marshall Sniper Pilot

Edited by Steeldancer

I get the impression from the write-up that Striker was shot down by the Rebels, probably taking a hit or two from Krell as well. That tells me that Gaea is probably not an elim, unless there really are two left.

That leaves us with:

• Xino
  • Ark
  • Fura
  • Bard

Of all these, I'm starting to really suspect Fura, so that's where my vote will start.

Sorry this isn't longer, I don't have a ton of time before I get off work and go to sleep.

OK. So, I should mention that Striker told me yesterday that they were light-lancing/attacking Drake. That, on it's own, would not have been enough to kill Drake, but the combination with 2 Krell ships certainly does. Striker's death is fair, given that they'd been cleared by most people, so is probably a good Elim target.

The other thing I should probably mention is that Drake told me that he knew Elandera was either in M-Bot or was a Gunner, presumably for the same reasons we knew Maill was a Gunner. Fura can confirm I passed this information onto them last night, in the event that I died. I was somewhat suspicious of this claim at the time, since I viewed Drake as the most likely active Eliminator, but now that they've flipped village, it looks pretty bad for Elandera. 

I was in the Poco-1 - I assume it was a Krell ship that attacked me. Which means that if Gaea isn't a Gunner, they must be in Fresa-2. If anyone could please counterclaim this, that would be great, just in case there are 4 Elims (or if Elan is the Traitor.)

Also, why does Gaea have 2 votes on them and not just 1?

I intend to have a more in-depth post tomorrow, with a 'just-in-case' analysis of all the remaining players (because my analysis has been great so far... /s) but I figure I should put out the most important information tonight to give everyone time to comment and add anything relevant to the conversation.

So, I'm suspicious of Gaea.

The elims have failed to make kills multiple turns in a row. If Gaea is the inactive, that makes a lot of sense.

They've also stated that they do take actions at night (though they haven't for the past two turns), showing that they are doing something.

But this only works if there really is two elims left. If that's true, I'm worried.

On the other hand, we have Elandera. Bard says Drake passed on this information to him. I was suspicious of an Elim!Bard in the past, but with a Village!Drake, I don't think it's gonna happen.

So I'm going to trust the information Bard got, and place my vote on Elandera.

So the suspicion is that I've been shot by people, but the damage hasn't shown? I don't really know what to say to that, as I wasn't aware I'd been hit. I thought I was just getting really lucky and not taking damage, since my ship is fine. Do you know who claims to have shot me?

4 minutes ago, Ax's Boyfriend said:

Exactly.

Cause you're elim or serial killer.

But if I'd been shot, I'd still know I'd been hit, especially as an elim or SK. I'm not sure what happened, but I wasn't aware I'd been shot at all.