Mid-Range Game 35: Final Flight

Just now, Elandera said:

Would you propose a better one? Lynching yourself is ineffective, as is a tie. Even if we don't like a lynch, it's better than no lynch.

Almost done with my post now, and it seems everyone is either Neutral or village except Drake, who while I have yet to do a thorough reading of, I still think is the SK.

Thanks Steel for posting!

This is what I have... I was afraid I was going to die, but if I do die, Maill and Elandera are not elims, as I don't think an elim would want me dead after how non-non-nonsensical I have been EoD. (Striker just got on, though I don't think he'd have time to read my posts and change the kill)

StrikerEZ, Seth "Striker" Johnson: Slight Village

My village read of Striker is mostly gut based. However, where most gut reads are based on tone and language and stuff, this gut read is based on interactions with other players. I don't agree with all his instincts, but the intent feels pure.

Young Bard, Rivelda "Topsy-Turvy" Kline: Village

I still don't believe the "hard clear" they claim to have, but I don't see elim!Bard trying to "fake" hard clear himself. That would be funny though, so I kind of hope that is what happened. : )

Anyway, their post last night seems very village to me. Thinking he is hard cleared and he is going to be killed, he quickly writes down all his thoughts on the game. Very village thing to do. Also seems to be one of the few players actually trying to solve the game right now.

Sart, Sarah "Seraph" Potts: Village lean

I didn't like Sarts posts until he started solving. He explained the quote that originally got suspicion as out of context RP, which makes sense, and made a good case on Bard, which I am not going to double check as I am rushed, but it sounds like good reasoning.

Last game I played with Sart was MR32 where he came in as a pinch hitter. He played very different (and was evil), so I am willing to vouch for Sart for the time being.

Darkness Ascendent, Noel "Skinny Ship" Miller:

Walin, Ildem "Isekai Inbred": Neutral

That's really all there is to say, though @Walin did say he was going to do an analysis post today and has yet to show up

XXGaea, Iradesca "Paradise Song" Aleh: Neutral

I am kind of getting tired of all the neutrals. I think this is uncommon even for me... I hope we can maybe here 1 post from @xxGaea per cycle if your schedule only allows that?

A Joe in the Bush, Knowstoo "Number 4" Much: Mild Elim

Several posts, 1 post meaningful content, generally sounds like he is unsure. Very suspicious how he said something I said makes sense this game. What does "Keeping your hands clean from the court marshall" even mean?

Drake ":ph34r:" Marshall: Serial Killer

good call sign. fitting

The turn is over. I might need to make a change to the lynch rules, the lack of death could be problematic for this game ending in a reasonable amount of time. 

Also don’t hold your breath for the next turn. My family is just... inconvenient. I’ll get it up as soon as I can. 

Edited by Steeldancer

Night 3- Like Stars, Pinpricks of Light
Steel was chasing bunnies. Someone's pet rabbits had escaped into Alta base, and were eating everything. This was despite strict rules against pets. But, Seraph had decided to bring bunnies to Alta base. And now his entire flight was chasing the little rodents. 
Steel stalked into the hangar, and spotted eyes on the far side. He walked slowly, hoping that perhaps the bunny wouldn't startle. He was armed with a net, and managed to catch the thing before it leaped into the bottom of a ship. Which, incidentally, were looking a lot better. The pilots had really come together and fixed them up, and they should be ready to fly if the Krell attacked. But until then... how many more bunnies were there? Steel sighed, wondering if perhaps they had started multiplying. That would be thrilling. 
He wasn't surprised that Seraph was already gone when he got back, more bunnies in hand. Cute little monsters. Ironsides probably hadn't been thrilled about finding bunnies all around the base, and Seraph probably hadn't lasted long beyond that. Not that Seraph was a rebel or anything. Just a bunny loving pilot. 
They had collected about a dozen of them. How many had Seraph had? It didn't seem that anyone really knew. He was looking into the beady eyes of a white one when the alarms went off. Yet another division of Krell were trying to attack the base, probably. Hopefully no one would get shot down tonight. 
But somehow, Steel knew deep down, this wasn't going to go as well. There were going to be casualties tonight. 
Against his better judgement, he grabbed the white rabbit. "I'm going to call you Mr. Fluffers." He put the bunny back down, and took off for the hangar. Maybe he could get a bunny or two back to Seraph. Poor guy. 

Doomslug didn't like bunnies at all. They chewed on everything. Including her. She had gotten away from the plague of rabbits that had covered the base. But if they had eaten what she was looking for, or if they were wherever she needed to be, that could be a problem. Plus, her flutes were much more majestic than those stupid ears the bunnies had. 
Drake (1): Joe
Joe (1): Fura
There is no lifebuster. The ships are 1C, 1E, 2A, 2D, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3D, 3E. All have 5 health. 
PMs are open. You will receive your PMs soon, hopefully. I'm also probably going to switch the lynch rules to random in the case of a tie. Too few people have been dying. The turn will end at 8:00 PM EDT, on 6/1/19. 

Spoiler

1. Snipexe, "Scissors"
2. Xinoehp512, "Llerk"
3. Elandera "Bad Wolf" Brenna 
4. Mailliw73, Millis “Storm” Stromberg
5. Devotary, “Yaw(n)” Yafrion Pilot
6. Ark1002, Bard "Bastard" Dominion
7. Furamirionind, Julis "Junior" Elliot
8. Cadmium "CadCom" Compounder
9. StrikerEZ, Seth "Striker" Johnson
10. Young Bard, Rivelda "Topsy-Turvy" Kline
11. Sart, Sarah "Seraph" Potts Pilot 
12. Darkness Ascendent, Noel "Skinny Ship" Miller
13. Walin, Ildem "Isekai Inbred"
14. XXGaea, Iradesca "Paradise Song" Aleh
15. A Joe in the Bush, Knowstoo "Number 4" Much
16. _Stick_, Stick "somethingcool" stick Pilot
17. Drake ":ph34r:" Marshall

Well there goes another Pilot.

Tonight (IRL night) will be the last good chance I have to get on before rollover, so if you want to PM me, do so now. I will try to get everything I need organized in game done now as well.

For some reason, I thought the elim kill happened during the day? I am so confused by myself literally an hour ago. Was that even me? I think Maill summed it up best.

We need a system to kill the Krell, or at the very least, we need it better organised. I don't have time right now as I am about to go see family who just got in town, but once I get back, that is our #1 priority.

Also, Sart's death I think is mildly suspicious. Keep your eye out for M-bot. (And yes, I still think Drake is the SK, I just think Sart's death is also suspicious.)

Alright, so if anybody makes plans to take down a Krell in PM's, please also state it here so that I can later compile a list of who's attacking which Krell.

I'll be working on 3A for the time being. I'd like to see some good, open coordination this turn. Not only does it damage the Krell more effectively, but if people are open with their plans, it can help expose suspicious activity.

If someone who’s piloting a poco will attack 2A, I can finish it off.

I’ll give me thoughts on the results of the lunch tomorrow once I’m back from Austin. 

Edited by StrikerEZ

Well there we go, the power of doubt. This is why I retracted my vote on Sart... I think there may be something to be seen in the votes that did occur that might be indicative of elim behaviour. Just a possibility.

@StrikerEZ I'll target 2A alongside you

I'll try and get some good analysis in by the end of the night...

Nine bunny rabbits. Their numbers aren’t droppin’ near as fast as I’d like. I’m lead to believe the number that survives does adversely impact the number of new ones that pop up, but I’m still left wonderin’ if whether or not we’d have less of ‘em on our hands now if’n we’d shot more of ‘em down already.

While you probly already knows this (feels like there’s been a lotta conversation about how shields work), I should also like to point out that the more Krells are destroyed before they can shoot one of us, the less likely it is for the reb gunner to land a hit that doesn’t just slide off of our shields.

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

And yes, I still think Drake is the SK

What’s an SK an’ why’re yous suddenly thinkin’ I’m one of ‘em? No, I am most definitely not a sauerkraut, or the province of Saskatchewan, or Stephen King (though come to think of it, l wouldn’t much mind the last one).

OOC: As far as we know, the SK win con only activates if they are lynched, so even if I am the potential SK (which I am not) it probably wouldn’t matter.

If it helps convince you that I am not the SK role, know that I had the doomslug yesterday. While I have no idea what the lore is for the doomslug since I haven’t read Skyward yet, I am assuming that it is connected to this secret role, that if the potential SK role got the doomslug, something special would happen, and that it would probably stop getting passed around (I am conjecturing based on what other people in this game have said about doomslug and/or the SK, so correct me if I am off base here). However, the doomslug passed on to another person, so that should probably confirm that I’m not the SK, assuming the person who has it speaks up and nobody counterclaims my having it this last cycle.

Also, if I had a role of this description I am pretty sure I would have already gotten you to lynch me.

I had no convenient way of explaining this through the eyes of my character, since my character knows even less about this than I do. Shame on you for making me drop my RP temporarily :P back to RP

Alright, so for 3A, I'd like to coordinate with a Poco or Largo. If a Largo would like to work with me, I can block the ship with my light lance and deal 1 damage, and the Largo can deal the remaining 4. A Poco can use an IMP or its destructors to deal damage while I finish the Krell off with my own destructors.

Is there anything stopping us from just going down the list of ships and assigning 1 or 2 to each Krell?  Also, is there a way we could get half the players to light lance eachother in a circle while the other half kill krell?

Also, I am free tomorrow, so i'll be able to actually start analyzing tomorrow morning. Work is terrible right now for some reason.

Hmmm... with mention of bunnies in the base in the RP, I feel like that's GM speak for "Seriously, you need to get your act together because the base is being overrun by Krell." Which is kind of worrying. I don't think we know the health of the base, but I get the sense that it's probably not healthy after how disorganised we've been.

I'll IMP 3A, and @Lumgol can finish it off.

Why am I still awake? 1:30am...

5 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Well there we go, the power of doubt. This is why I retracted my vote on Sart... I think there may be something to be seen in the votes that did occur that might be indicative of elim behaviour. Just a possibility.

@StrikerEZ I'll target 2A alongside you

I'll try and get some good analysis in by the end of the night...

I never got around to analyzing you. But I have been flip flopping on what I think your allignment is all game. I dont like how you are actively trying to extract village cred by not lynching a villager. This is a common misconception people have. Elims are no more likely to lynch villagers than other villagers. If anything, they are less likely.

4 hours ago, MrakeDarshall said:

OOC: As far as we know, the SK win con only activates if they are lynched, so even if I am the potential SK (which I am not) it probably wouldn’t matter.

If it helps convince you that I am not the SK role, know that I had the doomslug yesterday. While I have no idea what the lore is for the doomslug since I haven’t read Skyward yet, I am assuming that it is connected to this secret role, that if the potential SK role got the doomslug, something special would happen, and that it would probably stop getting passed around (I am conjecturing based on what other people in this game have said about doomslug and/or the SK, so correct me if I am off base here). However, the doomslug passed on to another person, so that should probably confirm that I’m not the SK, assuming the person who has it speaks up and nobody counterclaims my having it this last cycle.

Also, if I had a role of this description I am pretty sure I would have already gotten you to lynch me.

The rules on the SK are a bit wierd. Something I am sure is intentional so that the SK isnt instantly outed when they enter the game.

Something interesting, is we learned the SK was told in their role PM how to activate M-bot. This means the SK knows from the beginning of the game they are the SK. Assuming I understand the rules correctly, the SK basically has 2 wincons. They start with the village one, but if they are killed they get the SK one. To maximize the chance of the SK winning, I think they would start with playing as a villager.

Minor spoiler maybe?

Spoiler

If the SK has read the book as well, it would be a good mirror to the books to try to win as village first

Also, idk what doomslug does this game, just like idk what doomslug does in the books. I dont think doomslug will be related in any way to fixing up m-bot

-------

For the time being, I am going to attack 1E. Will look again when I wake up in 6ish ours from now.

2 hours ago, Young Bard said:

Hmmm... with mention of bunnies in the base in the RP, I feel like that's GM speak for "Seriously, you need to get your act together because the base is being overrun by Krell." Which is kind of worrying. I don't think we know the health of the base, but I get the sense that it's probably not healthy after how disorganised we've been.

Crap I didn't even think about that, I've been assuming the base health would be given to us.

2 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

I never got around to analyzing you. But I have been flip flopping on what I think your allignment is all game. I dont like how you are actively trying to extract village cred by not lynching a villager. This is a common misconception people have. Elims are no more likely to lynch villagers than other villagers. If anything, they are less likely.

Nope, just pointing out how I wasn't 100% in with lynching Sart and my gut-read ended up being right. More self-effacing than anything

4 hours ago, Young Bard said:

The base is still at 25 health. I’ll tell you if it goes down. 

If you all dont mind, I'd like to try this again:

We will gain info on who the elims and the SK is by seeing what ships survive to tommorrow.

@Snipexe @xinoehp512 - Attack 3E
@Elandera @Ark1002 - attack 1C
@Mailliw73 @A Joe in the Bush - attack 3B

@StrikerEZ @Darkness Ascendant - attack 2A
@Lumgol @Young Bard - attack 3A
@Walin @xxGaea - attack 1E
------------------------------------------------

"And :ph34r:, you're with me on 3C" Junior finishes dramatically. And then steps down from the chair he was using to make himself seem more in control.

"I hope people actually listened this time" he thinks to himself

@MrakeDarshall

Edit: starting N4, I will organize this better to whatever ships people are using, but for the moment, I dont have time.

(Side note:

Dear Elims,

Please keep me alive.

Look how helpful I am being.

You dont want the base destroyed either.

I'm helping both of us... if you ignore my second sentance in this post...

Sincerely,

Fura)

Edited by Furamirionind

24 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

We will gain info on who the elims and the SK is by seeing what ships survive to tommorrow.

Yes. Yes. Yes. This transparency is key. It is much easier to catch a liar when people are open about what they are going to do.

4 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

If you all dont mind, I'd like to try this again:

@Snipexe @xinoehp512 - Attack 3E
@Elandera @Ark1002 - attack 1C
@Mailliw73 @A Joe in the Bush - attack 3B

@StrikerEZ @Darkness Ascendant - attack 2A
@Lumgol @Young Bard - attack 3A
@Walin @xxGaea - attack 1E
------------------------------------------------

"And :ph34r:, you're with me on 3C" Junior finishes dramatically. And then steps down from the chair he was using to make himself seem more in control.

"I hope people actually listened this time" he thinks to himself

@MrakeDarshall

Edit: starting N4, I will organize this better to whatever ships people are using, but for the moment, I dont have time.

(Side note:

Dear Elims,

Please keep me alive.

Look how helpful I am being.

You dont want the base destroyed either.

I'm helping both of us... if you ignore my second sentance in this post...

Sincerely,

Fura)

Ok, I did so

3 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

There are about 3 hours remaining in the turn. Remember to submit your actions or you will incur an additional vote on you during the next day turn. 

Wow, that's a good threat