Young Bard

QF37 Epilogue:

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My apologies for the delay - I was really hoping to have a closing writeup and GM Thoughts here before I posted, but I'm tired and I'd rather not rush it, so I'll get to it tomorrow when I'm not feeling rushed and tired.

Let me be the first to congratulate the Villagers on their victory this game - my condolences to the Elim team, who would have won two cycles ago if it hadn't been for Joe roleblocking Rand and preventing the kill that cycle. I was really impressed with how both teams played this game.

Kidpen was lynched! They were the final member of the Black Shadows!

Vote Count:
Kidpen(3): Joe, CadCom, Maill
CadCom(2): Kidpen, Strawman

GM Spreadsheet
Hallandren Restaurant (Elim Doc)
Court of the Gods (Spec/Dead Doc)

Edited by Young Bard
Removed the title for a writeup I haven't posted yet. :P

Yes! Props to Joe on that rope save! That really cinched the game for us. But we’ll done to the Shadows, you did great and Rand and Kidpen really had me fooled for most of the game. Thanks Bard for running this! It’s always fun to have a Nalthis game. 

Darn, I was really hoping my death would have propelled my team mates to victory. It really came down close at the end... this also means I can't procrastinate getting my skyward rules finalized anymore... welp. 

Thanks Bard! I really enjoyed the mechanics and seeing how people chose to use them. This has been a fun game to watch.

To the rest of the village, sorry I suicided, but with how this week has been for me, I don't think I could have played more than maybe one more round.

Good game! Honestly I can't help but feel like I could've pulled through in those last two cycles to get a win for us. Ah well. 

Great game by everyone, especially Kidpen, Rand, CadCom, Maill, and Joe (basically, the final 5 survivors).  Not saying anyone else played poorly (actually, I'd argue that top to bottom, this is one of the best-played SE games I've been a part of), but the fact that the final couple cycles played out the way they did made for great theater.

Also, terrific write-ups by Young Bard.

Just read the Shadow doc. Thanks for changing your mind and not killing me C2, Steel. :) Also, I should’ve remembered that I totally figured it out at the end of C5. :P I forgot I had done that. 

3 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Just read the Shadow doc. Thanks for changing your mind and not killing me C2, Steel. :) Also, I should’ve remembered that I totally figured it out at the end of C5. :P I forgot I had done that. 

that was an entirely selfish move. You said you had no breath. So I chose to kill Lum instead. 
Which, incidentally, was a risky move given that I went to bed way before Lum's lynch ever was actually not at risk of happening. 

Asterion whistled quietly to himself as he worked.  It hadn't taken much effort to recover the body but the damage was far worse than last time.  The mob had done a number on poor Izzy.  They had stabbed her multiple times, likely after finding out how ineffective it was to hang someone that doesn't breathe.  Asterion carefully stitched up all the wounds and replaced the ichor-alcohol that served as blood for Izzy.  Once finished he gave up one of his few remaining Breaths to reawaken poor Izzy.

"Blood of a Ghost.  Awaken and obey my Commands.  Blood of a Ghost."

Izzy's eyes opened once more as the Breath took hold.  Asterion helped her off his worktable and slowly stand.

"Now, lets try that again shall we?"

Izzy Dedyet shall return.

I literally roped Rand based on nothing but a hunch, because he seemed too village.

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

that was an entirely selfish move. You said you had no breath. So I chose to kill Lum instead. 
Which, incidentally, was a risky move given that I went to bed way before Lum's lynch ever was actually not at risk of happening. 

Worked out for you. :P Lots of breath and she didn't get lynched. 

Bard: 

I’m impressed by how smoothly Maill lies. I knew no-one had made any PM’s, so Maill definitely couldn’t have gotten any offers yet, but I still went to double check to make sure. :P
Fifth: He’s quite practised, certainly.

Thank you, Bard. I appreciate it. Yes, Lum was the only offer on the table, but I've learned that if you leave it only to offers people actually make, you don't get as good a deal as you could. 

Alv: One should always auto suspect Maill

Hey now. :P 

Fifth: Maill might be able to worm his way out of this... (referring to me being roped C7)

I didn't even have to. Joe didn't make a big deal about it. :P The OoA cleared it all right up. 

Rath: 

A piece of rope walks into a bar and tries to order a drink, bartender refuses to serve it.  The piece of rope walks outside, tangles itself up and messes up its hair, walks back into the bar, bartender says, “Hey, aren’t you the piece of rope that I just told I wouldn’t serve?”

“I’m a frayed knot”

Copied so that everyone can see it. Thank you Rath. :lol:

Edited by Mailliw73

54 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I literally roped Rand based on nothing but a hunch, because he seemed too village.

You know what the worst thing was? I'd woken up just a bit before the end of that cycle, and after seeing Maill's post I was seriously considering asking Kidpen to submit the kill instead. So not only did you have a hunch, I had a counter-hunch. It's just a shame I didn't act on it.

I died first turn so this game wasn't really anything important to me

3 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

I died first turn so this game wasn't really anything important to me

Sorry about that. First cycle deaths are the worst. I once had 3 (I believe) in a row. So I do apologize for that. It was an experiment that didn't reveal much to me.