Possibly Trell

22 minutes ago, AnywhereYouGo said:

Also, I feel like there is a perpedicularity in the Seran Ranges on Scadrial. If you read one of the broadsheet entries in either Shadows of Self or Bands of Mourning, the contributor mentions coming across a lake described very much like the one in Elantris. This is the same broadsheet entry that depicts the red and black masks of the Mawlish (which to me seem very much like stylized representations of the Parshendi). We know that Odium is having the voidspren patrolling the perpedicularities on Roshar. So here's part of what I've come up with: Odium may not be directly on Scadrial, but his Voidbringers are, and the Mawlish at some point in their history have encountered them, or other Parshendi, and it has influenced their masks. Or the broadsheet contributor saw a Voidbringer. On Roshar, the representations of the Shards in the Physical are the spren; on Scadrial, they are mists that condense into metals. So if you have Voidbringers (and their voidspren) that have worldhopped onto Scadrial through a perpendicularity that Odium controls, you could make a Hemalurgic spike from the voidspren once on Scadrial. And then you spike a kandra, and boom, Void-kandra that Odium has a direct link to on Scadrial. So there's the glowing-eyed being that kills Edwarn, which he even remarks upon as Trell's kandras.

But I also feel like the humans that fled to Roshar came from Scadrial, since the last trilogy of Mistborn is supposed to be space-agey, and Odium wants to destroy Harmony. Is there anywhere where Brandon has said where Mistborn and Stormlight are occurring at the same time? So perhaps Odium hasn't been tied down in the Rosharan system yet, and the Desolations haven't even started. Maybe the Parshendi are just living peacefully with Honor and Cultivation, Odium is floating through the cosmere and decides to destroy Harmony, attaches to the humans that then flee Scadrial, end up in Roshar, and then the Desolations start. I don't know how this timeline fits with anything Brandon has said.

There is a discussion about the broadsheet page here. Brandon said about the supposed Parshendi:

Questioner

So, in [Shadows of Self], was that actually a Parshendi in the broadsheet?

Brandon Sanderson

No, it's not. It was one of the Southern continenters. I just wanted you to think it was.

Calamity Seattle signing (Feb. 17, 2016)

So that one's a red herring.

As for the chronology of Mistborn and Stormlight: Yes, Era 2 Mistborn takes place right between the two 5 book arcs of Stormlight. So it is very well possible that the things happening in SA1-5 influence what's happening on Scadrial at the time. That said, there's also this thing worth mentioning: Before writing sequels to it, Brandon had Alloy of Law placed behind all of Stormlight. Trell was already mentioned in there, so his interference with Scadrial can't be dependent on whether the book takes place before or after Stormlight's back 5. Given that it's very unlikely that Rayse is gonna survive Stormlight (why spent 3+ million words with a story if you don't even want to solve its main problem?), it's just as unlikely that he is directly tied to Trell.

I personally am convinced Trell is an avatar of Autonomy (yet not necessarily assisted/approved by Bavadin herself in his actions) and maybe backed by Odium due to their shared interest in having Harmony dealt with.

Also, mind that as of Stormlight, the Fused, as spren, are probably tied to their system and will have problems leaving it. Although there seems to be a way around that. Who knows, maybe Trell has some help by one or two Unmade. That would explain Miles' death rattle.

Edited by Elegy

I haven't read White Sand yet, just like you but from what I've seen in the WoBs, all questions on connection between Trell the character and the being(?) from Mistborn are RAFO. 

The chronology is like that: Wax and Wayne series is somewhere between Stormlight 5 and 7.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/91/#e809

Greg Ellner

When does the Wax and Wayne series take place compared to The Stormlight Archive?

Brandon Sanderson

Just after.

Greg Ellner

Thank you! So after Stormlight 10, then comes The Alloy of Law? I have noticed a change in Hoid in these books since.

Brandon Sanderson

Alloy is somewhere after Stormlight 5.

And as I believe the pool has been confirmed as a perpendicularity, but even if it wasn't directly confirmed, Brandon has been tricky as he wanted it to look like Parshendi. 

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/4/#e5159

Questioner

So, in [Shadows of Self], was that actually a Parshendi in the broadsheet?

Brandon Sanderson

No, it's not. It was one of the Southern continenters. I just wanted you to think it was.

But he can also be tricky enough to say this and later make use of the fact that the mask looks similar to the Parshendi. Nobody knows. 

EDIT: missed Elegy's comment somehow, so my comment is similar. 

Edited by Nnatel

Argent

Eh, it's alright. The more we wait to see her, the more practice writing you will have when you do write her, and the more awesome she will be to us :) Are we going to see her in White Sand first though, or elsewhere?

I've also been talking with a couple of friends about Ambition, who happens to be a Shard I love unconditionally just because of his?her? mandate. So I should ask - how tight-lipped do you intend to be with information about it? Can we prod for a little bit of trivia, or is it too early for that?

Brandon Sanderson

I'm going to be pretty tight-lipped for now. Let's at least let White Sand finish first--you will find her in there, though her touch on the story (directly) is light. She prefers to allow her personas to become the focus of attention.

*Emphasis mine*

So, Bavadin prefers to let her Avatars do the direct work.  Okay.

Do all of Bavadin's Avatars appear as gods?  Or does she create 'minor' Avatars that appear in Society to nudge it along as 'simple' humans?

If yes, the kindly-ish Lady Judge Heelis, who sets the task to Kenton of securing a unanimous vote - which forces the Sand Masters to be more independent and to contribute more to society.  And who maybe appears on the cover of white sand volume three?  Is she a good candidate for being a minor avatar of Autonomy?  

If not her, are there any other named characters who influence Kenton's journey that you might consider to be a candidate for being a minor Avatar of Bavadin, presuming dhe can make minor Avatars.  (If Honor can have Avatars/splinters as big as Stormfather and as small as Syl, It stands to reason that the shard who created Patji could create splinter/avatars of minor to no power)

Welcome to the Shard!  This is a pretty good theory that you have (much better than I could do when I first joined), but there are a few things that are off.  

14 hours ago, AnywhereYouGo said:

But I also feel like the humans that fled to Roshar came from Scadrial, since the last trilogy of Mistborn is supposed to be space-agey, and Odium wants to destroy Harmony. Is there anywhere where Brandon has said where Mistborn and Stormlight are occurring at the same time? So perhaps Odium hasn't been tied down in the Rosharan system yet, and the Desolations haven't even started. Maybe the Parshendi are just living peacefully with Honor and Cultivation, Odium is floating through the cosmere and decides to destroy Harmony, attaches to the humans that then flee Scadrial, end up in Roshar, and then the Desolations start. I don't know how this timeline fits with anything Brandon has said.

The Rosharan humans fled from Ashyn, a neighboring planet in the Rosharan system, not Scadrial.  Odium came to Roshar at approximately the same time, which was long, long before the Stormlight books.  As others have mentioned, Mistborn era 2 takes place during the second half of Stormlight.  

Have you checked out the Coppermind yet?  It's basically the Cosmere version of Wikipedia.  Here's a good overview of the history: https://coppermind.net/wiki/Cosmere (beware tons and tons of spoilers).  

• 1 month later...

I don’t think Trell and Odium are the same. Trellium, as has been stated is silvery with a reddish cast to it and red spots like rust. However if we take Vyre’s knife, SPOILER FOR OB. (The knife used by Moash to kill Jezrien for good) as being Raysium, it was described as being a light golden white colour. 

That leads me to believe, despite red eyes, that they are completely different shards. 

Edited by Dunadan Windrunner

On 7/20/2019 at 1:05 AM, Dunadan Windrunner said:

I don’t think Trell and Odium are the same. Trellium, as has been stated is silvery with a reddish cast to it and red spots like rust. However if we take Vyre’s knife, SPOILER FOR OB. (The knife used by Moash to kill Jezrien for good) as being Raysium, it was described as being a light golden white colour. 

That leads me to believe, despite red eyes, that they are completely different shards. 

Red in the Cosmere frequently symbolized corruption (i.e. corrupted Investiture).  

On 7/19/2019 at 10:05 PM, Dunadan Windrunner said:

I agree with this theory. In fact, I specifically mentioned this to my friend and he was like "woah hang on you might be on to something". So, we might be on to something.

50 minutes ago, Scion of the Mists said:

Red in the Cosmere frequently symbolized corruption (i.e. corrupted Investiture).  

Yep! This is confirmed by WoB. When a shard corrupts or co-opts a different Shard's investiture, the color red somehow becomes prevalent in the end result.

• Chaos locked this topic