Public Opinions  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your experience participating in/reading Phase 1, A Shadowed Dawn (ASD)

• Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
    • Didn't read or participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Will you participate in Phase 2, Rivers of Blood (RoB)?

3. 3. Who do you think will win? :P

• PlasmaCore
    • The rest of the Alleyverse

Aln stared out the window of her small library as the fog blanketed the city. Fear blended with wonder inside of her, and she instinctively reached for the books in her satchel. They're mists, almost like Scadrial, she thought. But, that phenomenon was caused by the Shard of Preservation, and later Harmony, manifesting power into the Physical Realm. A chill ran through her. Not a... No, surely not a Shard. Not here. Aln stepped outside, squinting at the sky.  If it was Investiture, it was no kind she had ever read about. This must be something new. Something to do with that strange new building. PlasmaCore. She took a step toward the center of town, itching to know, but stopped herself. No. Stay out of it, Aln. You're a scholar, and this screams of conflict. Still, she gave a last, lingering look at the fog before stepping back into her softly lit study.

The cool darkness washed over Damon as he ran across the narrow street. All was silent but the beating of his heart. He was supposed to find a certain Dark Crusade building but he just kept getting turned around. Despite how accustomed he was to dark, it was never this dark. Hell, he could't even see his own hands! He herd soft footsteps ahead of him and he stopped dead still, cocking one of his aluminium revolvers in such a manner as to not click when the hammer reached full cock, uncertain of what lie ahead.

A twisting swirling portal of colors opened.  It stood there for a moment, consuming everything, before collapsing in on itself.  Once the final colorful swirl had disappeared, a large group of men stood in it's place.  And yetis.  

The leader of the men, a large man who carried himself with confidence, began to yell orders to the rest.  They wasted no time in slaughtering the yetis.  Though the battle was a bit one-sided, the yetis put up a valiant fight.  Many of men were killed.  

Stormbreaker panted after the skirmish.  The dark streets were empty, and stained with the blood of the snow-beasts.  And blood of his men, he noticed.  He turned to his third-in-command.  "Hasharan, how many did we lose?"

Hasharan saluted and said, "Sir, we lost 15 men in this skirmish.  There are only 12 of us left, including us three.  Most of my elites survived."  

Stormbreaker nodded.  He looked up for the first time, and noticed the sky.  "What in my name is that?" He said.  

"Who knows," his second, Edalb said.  "The Plasmacore people have been meddling with things they shouldn't have for quite a while."

Stormbreaker rubbed his head.  "I need another drink," he said.  

Silphio was walking the streets when the fog came. It enveloped the city.

Hell. He thought to himself, taking his staff off his back while Fluffy padded beside him, Chiri-chiri and his Aviar circled the city from above. He quickly dismissed his Whitespine and flew into the air, high above the city.

When there's a serious and legitimate crisis in Alleycity, your first course of action is to assess the threat. Once you have enough information about your enemy, appoint someone to take care of the civilians and make sure rioters, looters or opportunistic thieves emerge during the chaos, Then do what any Canton leader would do in this situation.

Assess, Locate, Eliminate. Threat by threat until there aren't any. The words echoed in Silphio's mind, read from Devaan's black book, he sent a message to Seymour, telling him to send some people out to quell the chaos that might arise. He then flew around, searching the city for Crusade members, they might know more about this.

@Grey Knight

The canton has finally joined the main plot fully!

The woman paused. "You have very unique powers." She looked her up and down. "Would you be willing to join PlasmaCore?"

@Dr. Dapper

The fact that it's a completely different spren?

One that doesn't drain investiture and affect the physical realm to large extents?

And has the power to duplicate and send information instantly to a clone spren?

@xinoehp512

On 11/05/2019 at 0:07 AM, Sorana said:

Zokora nodded. The Warp. That was bad news. Psychic anomalies and the warp. She shighed. Why did that have to happen when her boss was away? She was earning way to less to take care of such things.

"Will you lead the way?"

Lusk nodded, looking to the marine for an answer. Looking back to Zokora, he heard the voices echo in his head, the Council, the Righthand.

Focusing, he tried concentrating on the link, that binded them all. Like strings. And the thing with strings, was that they could be pulled.

Looking to Zokora, Lusk tried his control, trying to make her turn, to look at him.

"Yes. Unique powers. Someone got a bit to carried away by the whole idea of vampires and used the One Power to make their dreams a reality. The first new living construct of the One Power in quite a while." Cakuin smiled grimly, "Me. I doubt you could replicate what was done to me without the device that did it. I'll join you, just so I can find those bastards and give them due payment." as she said this, rage blazed in her eyes. Her mood had changed from flippant to enraged, just by talking about her former captors.

She nodded. "Good." She stepped back, and the chains released.

"We will help you, but there is two things in our way, currently."

"The Crusade, and the Great Guilds."

She handed her a map, showing the last five Crusade bases. "Would you attack these for us?"

@Dr. Dapper

Edited by Ark1002

45 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Looking to Zokora, Lusk tried his control, trying to make her turn, to look at him.

Zokora waited for the marine, her nerves taunt. She turned and looked at Lusk to see if he wanted to say something.

"Not these. Others are attacking other bases." She gestured, and a suit of slick black armor, along with a large gun, slid out of the wall. Each had Aons pulsing on them.

The gun had Aon Sheo, Aon Ehe, and Aon Daa on a dial on the side.

The armor and the gun had silence, strength, endurance, and grace aons.

"But you will get these."

@Dr. Dapper

Damon continued forward cautiously. Whatever had made the noise did not return. Damon burned steel and looked about. There was little movement in most areas, except for just ahead. There was a flash of light and color and he saw several moving blue lines appear. He turned the corner and saw what he least expected to see: Hasharan and about a doazen other soldiers fighting yetis. Ducking away, Damon smiled. He had also seen which part of the city he was in by the light.  Knowing his position, he reholstered his revolver and steelpushed himself up and away off of a lamp post and began a speedy journey to the Dark Crusade building.

Damon landed on the roof of the building, getting a small, shaped-explosive charge out of his bag and cocked both of his revolvers.

Edited by ElendVenture

*has no TUBA characters either*

...probably a good time to change that.

"I dislike this plan more than you could possibly imagine," Pry said.

She, Freedom, and Eve were in the apartment's kitchen. Freedom was standing in the doorway playing with a strand of hair, Pry was sitting on a stool, and Eve was pacing again.

"You don't need to like it. If the situation weren't like this I wouldn't even suggest it," Eve said. "Look outside. Is this normal?"

"No. But that doesn't explain why it can't be you! Or me for that matter!" Pry said. Her voice was edging away from neutral. "Why does Freedom need to be the one endangered?"

"They want special Investiture. I haven't got any, your F-brass isn't all that uncommon. Atium, however, is not something you find everyday," Eve said.

Freedom thought about her meeting with Lusk. It was true. Atium ferrings weren't a dime a dozen.

"Pry, she's right," she said.

Pry ignored her and looked straight at Eve. "We are not sending my sister into danger unless the situation worsens and absolutely demands it. Do you hear me?"

The knot in Eve's stomach increased. There would be no way to prove that to Pry without Freedom. She nodded anyways, trying to swallow the lump in her throat.

"I'll see you later," she said and exited the apartment.

Freedom made eye contact with Pry. Her sister's expression remained stony and she knew it wasn't about to change.

She sighed. "I'm going to my room for a bit." She needed to space to think. And time. But she had a feeling the second would become hard to come by soon.

Edited by Silva

10 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

"Not these. Others are attacking other bases." She gestured, and a suit of slick black armor, along with a large gun, slid out of the wall. Each had Aons pulsing on them.

The gun had Aon Sheo, Aon Ehe, and Aon Daa on a dial on the side.

The armor and the gun had silence, strength, endurance, and grace aons.

"But you will get these."

@Dr. Dapper

@Dr. Dapper

7 hours ago, ElendVenture said:

Damon continued forward cautiously. Whatever had made the noise did not return. Damon burned steel and looked about. There was little movement in most areas, except for just ahead. There was a flash of light and color and he saw several moving blue lines appear. He turned the corner and saw what he least expected to see: Hasharan and about a doazen other soldiers fighting yetis. Ducking away, Damon smiled. He had also seen which part of the city he was in by the light.  Knowing his position, he reholstered his revolver and steelpushed himself up and away off of a lamp post and began a speedy journey to the Dark Crusade building.

Damon landed on the roof of the building, getting a small, shaped-explosive charge out of his bag and cocked both of his revolvers.

@Grey Knight

11 hours ago, Sorana said:

Zokora waited for the marine, her nerves taunt. She turned and looked at Lusk to see if he wanted to say something.

Lusk saw the turn and smiled, cutting off his control. It worked.

“So, could you lead the way?” He asked again.

@Grey Knight

—-

“So, do you accept?” The Haunt Whispered.

@Darth Woodrack

Just now, Darth Woodrack said:

“Yeah,” Jackal said, and felt his phone buzz with his payment. He checked and noticed a large reduction, “What exactly is that armor?”

@Ark1002 @I think I am here.

“It was organised by others of our group,” said the Haunt, swirling around the Jackal. “I do not know.”

The spirit hovered in front of him, invisible. “And don’t even think of betraying us.”

50 minutes ago, Voidus said:

So when does the Haunt learn how to Soothe and perform a mass scale soothing that can be felt for miles around, thus attracting the attention of... something?

I actually have a plan for how that... something gets summoned. And it will be revealed in time ;) 

40 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

“I’ll complete the mission,” Jackal said, picking up the armor and leaving the room to change, “What I do after that is none of your concern.”

“We will be watching regardless,” the Haunt said. “And should you become a problem, have no doubt we will act.”

The eerie chill disappeared from the air, marking the Haunt’s absence.

46 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"You have any matte paint?" Cakuin asked, pulling a pistol out of her waistband, "Oh. And I can't shoot rifles worth beans, so you got like some sort of machine pistol, or like, an SMG?"

*really wants Ark to pull out a shotgun and give it to Cakuin*

On 5/12/2019 at 10:54 AM, Ark1002 said:

The fact that it's a completely different spren?

One that doesn't drain investiture and affect the physical realm to large extents?

And has the power to duplicate and send information instantly to a clone spren?

So there are multiple varieties of this 'dark spren'. Useful information, to be sure. What other varieties are there? How do they act? And what do they have in common (why are they called dark spren?)

@Ark1002

Edited by xinoehp512