Public Opinions  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your experience participating in/reading Phase 1, A Shadowed Dawn (ASD)

• Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
    • Didn't read or participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Will you participate in Phase 2, Rivers of Blood (RoB)?

3. 3. Who do you think will win? :P

• PlasmaCore
    • The rest of the Alleyverse

Bellatrix paused, looking down at the phone.

A look of hurt flashed across her face.

Of course. Everyone does this... I really thought...

Then her face became a steely mask. EVERYONE.

She texted back, It's alright.

Then she stormed into the night, buildings around her bursting aflame.

@Sorana

4 hours ago, ApatheticTeenager said:

Bellatrix paused, looking down at the phone.

A look of hurt flashed across her face.

Of course. Everyone does this... I really thought...

Then her face became a steely mask. EVERYONE.

She texted back, It's alright.

Then she stormed into the night, buildings around her bursting aflame.

@Sorana

Mike saw the buildings burst aflame not far away and when he received another message from Bella, he knew that it was a lie.

With a groan he stared at his squad and then back at the burning houses.

"I'm sorry."

He started, then held up the flowers.

"There's this girl and she has a breakdown. I'll catch up to you later. I'm sorry, but she's..."

Without giving them a chance to reply he rushed off into the night.

It was easy to follow Bella, the fire like a compass to point him in the right direction. Bella was going fast, but wolf was faster. Mike allowed him a sliver of control, just enough to run through the city, the flowers taken into his mouth. Wolf was afraid of the flames, but Mike's own fear pushed them forward, past the burning buildings, closer and closer. He shoved Wolf away as soon as he could see her, grabbed the flowers again and sprinted towards.

"Bella."

He called, holding out the flowers in an awkward gesture.

"Bella. I know you are angry and disappointed. I know how it looks like."

His voice shook and he pulled his shoulders up against the heat around them. Then he hastily went on, spoke without giving her a chance to reply.

"I wrote you a letter, but I didn't find anybody to deliver it."

He held the sheet of paper up in the air, waved it around.

"I only wanted to protect you Bella. Syndicate wanted to use you, to sacrifice you, you had no chance to decline, he'd already moved his people into the building before approaching you. I looked for a way out to save you, to make sure you could keep your face and the gang."

Another deep breath, that almost hurt and he felt the sweat drenching his cloths. The fire would kill him, not directly, but soon enough. It was too hot between the burning buildings.

"You were the one who took me in, the one who helped me get back on my feet. I owe you everything. Everything. You taught me about responsibility, so I hoped you would understand."

No that was the wrong way to approach this.

"I never wanted to hurt you. Bella, you are my idol, the one I look up to and I wish I could be like you one day."

Running out of words he paused, only stared at her figure, fox crawling to the surface. Foy was sly, and strong. Mike feared fox. One day he would be fox and not find his way back.

12 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mike saw the buildings burst aflame not far away and when he received another message from Bella, he knew that it was a lie.

"I'm sorry."

"There's this girl and she has a breakdown. I'll catch up to you later. I'm sorry, but she's..."

It was easy to follow Bella, the fire like a compass to point him in the right direction. Bella was going fast, but wolf was faster. Mike allowed him a sliver of control, just enough to run through the city, the flowers taken into his mouth. Wolf was afraid of the flames, but Mike's own fear pushed them forward, past the burning buildings, closer and closer. He shoved Wolf away as soon as he could see her, grabbed the flowers again and sprinted towards.

"Bella."

His voice shook and he pulled his shoulders up against the heat around them. Then he hastily went on, spoke without giving her a chance to reply.

"I only wanted to protect you Bella. Syndicate wanted to use you, to sacrifice you, you had no chance to decline, he'd already moved his people into the building before approaching you. I looked for a way out to save you, to make sure you could keep your face and the gang."

Another deep breath, that almost hurt and he felt the sweat drenching his cloths. The fire would kill him, not directly, but soon enough. It was too hot between the burning buildings.

"You were the one who took me in, the one who helped me get back on my feet. I owe you everything. Everything. You taught me about responsibility, so I hoped you would understand."

"I never wanted to hurt you. Bella, you are my idol, the one I look up to and I wish I could be like you one day."

Running out of words he paused, only stared at her figure, fox crawling to the surface. Foy was sly, and strong. Mike feared fox. One day he would be fox and not find his way back.

I'll respond to this later, using my phone won't do it justice.

22 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Earlier...

Edahs paused on a rooftop as the blue mist rolled in over the city. As it approached him, he reached out gingerly to touch it.

@ApatheticTeenager

The must engulfed him, then paused. It wrapped around his, covering him completely.

It spoke into it's mind, haltingly, slowly.

You. Know us?

Darkness raised his eyebrow as Mike ran off.  "Some girl," he muttered.

To the rest of them, he said, "Well, I'm forcibly taking command now.  Wes, Zan, cover me right and left flanks.  Seom, hang back to heal us if we get injured.  It's time to go in."

He ran forwards, killing a guard with a punch to the throat on his way.

Hope I didn't forget anyone.

@I think I am here. @Turtle373 @Sherlock Holmes

1 hour ago, ApatheticTeenager said:

The must engulfed him, then paused. It wrapped around his, covering him completely.

It spoke into it's mind, haltingly, slowly.

You. Know us?

Edahs hesitated.

Maybe? he thought.

It certaintly felt familiar, like some trace of his old power was resident in this new being. Unable to decide, he continued making his way towards the Plasmacore building, making slight inquisitive explorations into the mind that had spoken to him.

@ApatheticTeenager

1 hour ago, Vargo Seldon said:

To the rest of them, he said, "Well, I'm forcibly taking command now.  Wes, Zan, cover me right and left flanks.  Seom, hang back to heal us if we get injured.  It's time to go in."

Who's gaurd?

"No fair! You're cheating!" Dawn yelled.

"Am not!" Brethren retorted. "Tapping is perfectly legal, right Free?"

"It hasn't been made against the rules. Yet," Unity said. 

"Actually, it has been," Compile piped up. "as of two days ago. The Rules of Racing, Part 17, Article 4: The use of Investiture hereby disqualifies one from winning."

"Why are we arguing over this?" Unity asked.

"Because we're us. First one to the hangar wins!" Precious called.

The sound of retreating footsteps carried down the hallway towards Crow.

Last I checked you had yet to have her leave the ship. 

Besides, what better way to spend my 1,900th post than with some of the Acutes?

@ApatheticTeenager

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Edahs hesitated.

Maybe? he thought.

It certaintly felt familiar, like some trace of his old power was resident in this new being. Unable to decide, he continued making his way towards the Plasmacore building, making slight inquisitive explorations into the mind that had spoken to him.

@ApatheticTeenager

@ApatheticTeenager

On 5/24/2019 at 6:52 PM, Silva said:

Concern flashed across Light's face. "They're here?! Who's stupid idea was that?!" Light exclaimed. Whoever it was was going to face her wrath. 

She drained some Identity away and took a breath to calm herself. "All of them? Pry, Precious, Freedom, Unity, Brethren, Dawn, Lineage, Compile, Warmer, and Eon? Every rusting one?"

"It would be stupid," Pietr replied, "if they were wandering around the Invincible Reason. They're on a Stormraven gunship. At the first sign of trouble, they'll fly right out into the safety of the void." He shrugged. "That, and enough weapons systems to crack a planet watching over them. Besides, Crow isn't getting out of her cell, ever."

Azrael coughed awkwardly.

@Silva @ApatheticTeenager

2 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

Besides, Crow isn't getting out of her cell, ever.

heh

6 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Edahs hesitated.

Maybe? he thought.

@ApatheticTeenager

A sense of happiness washed Edahs.

We wish to live, wish to stay.

5 hours ago, Silva said:

"No fair! You're cheating!" Dawn yelled.

"Am not!" Brethren retorted. "Tapping is perfectly legal, right Free?"

"It hasn't been made against the rules. Yet," Unity said. 

"Actually, it has been," Compile piped up. "as of two days ago. The Rules of Racing, Part 17, Article 4: The use of Investiture hereby disqualifies one from winning."

"Why are we arguing over this?" Unity asked.

"Because we're us. First one to the hangar wins!" Precious called.

The sound of retreating footsteps carried down the hallway towards Crow.

@ApatheticTeenager

Crow turned, her acute hearing (pun intended) picking up the sounds of...

She turned, clanking, and put the helmet on. She dismissed the shardblade, and tapped a fabrial on her shoulder. It made her look like a regular marine, just another. She quitely approached the Acute's. Her voice came out, male and calm.

"Greetings, honored ones."

21 hours ago, Sorana said:

"I'm sorry."

"Bella."

She heard the voice, his voice. Her heart beat quickly, before she realized.

It's a lie. I'm lying to myself, it can't happen, it won't, nobody will ever want to be around me, they hate me...

The voice came again, and tears burst out, trails covering her face. She sobbed deeply, wishing, wishing so hard, wishing for it to be real.

But it couldn't be.

She turned, slowly, finally, towards the voice, willing it to be real. She saw him, saw Mike, saw his beautiful face. Her heart beat faster, and she almost fell over. He was there, real, he cared. Then she stopped. No, no, I'm hallucinating, it's not real, he's right to leave me, I destroy everything I touch. She looked around, seeing the fire, and her tears got worse. I've killed so many... so many... Then she realized. I need to stop. This is why Mike doesn't want to be around me, doesn't like me, why this is happening, why my life went back to hell. She tried to stop the fire, but it didn't work. Another building burst aflame, burning a brilliant white, outlining a skeleton for a second, then the building collapsed, flaming. She sobbed.

No, no, NO. I chose, he left, I don't deserve him, he was right in his choice, why, why, why. Then she realized this was something different. I never would have thought of Mike this way. He was always so nice, so kind, but so strong. He was the one I looked up to. Buildings burst aflame, one by one, and screams echoed through the night. She tried to stop, tried and tried, but she couldn't. Mike, Mike, Mike, I'm so sorry.

She smiled slightly, then looked closer. He's dying, it's my fault, my fault, my fault. A beam of red shot from her hand, melting through stone nearby. She collapsed to her knees, staring at him. I'm killing him, and I CAN'T STOP IT. Tears soaked her face, but evaporated just as quickly.

A torrent of fire appeared seven meters behind her, melting the stone and bursting into the sky. The beam from her hand hit it, and refracted into a nearby building.

She spoke, voice scratchy and scared.

"No, Mike, Mike, Mike... Don't idolize me, I'm killing you, I've killed so many..."

More tears, more steam.

"You, Mike, you're beautiful, strong and kind, always there..."

The torrent moved closer, leaving a path of molten stone.

"Mike, I'm scared. I don't think I can stop it..."

14 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

“Um, sir?” Wes asked, trying to keep up with Darkness’ running. So, Darkness was the leader now? Mike had left, ran away for a girl who was having a breakdown. “Where are exactly are we running to?”

11 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

"It would be stupid," Pietr replied, "if they were wandering around the Invincible Reason. They're on a Stormraven gunship. At the first sign of trouble, they'll fly right out into the safety of the void." He shrugged. "That, and enough weapons systems to crack a planet watching over them. Besides, Crow isn't getting out of her cell, ever."

Azrael coughed awkwardly.

"Thank you," Light said, gratitude swelling through her. They were safe, that's what mattered.

Stupid hormones. she thought, but gave Pietr a quick hug anyways. What good was teenagehood if you couldn't use it as an excuse?

Someone coughed. She turned around to see Azrael. Light looked up at him, cautiously. 

8 hours ago, ApatheticTeenager said:

Crow turned, her acute hearing (pun intended) picking up the sounds of...

She turned, clanking, and put the helmet on. She dismissed the shardblade, and tapped a fabrial on her shoulder. It made her look like a regular marine, just another. She quitely approached the Acute's. Her voice came out, male and calm.

"Greetings, honored ones."

*upvotes the pun* I've been waiting months for someone else to take advantage of it. ^_^

However, there were no Acutes there. The only sign that the six owners of the voices had been there moments before were some childsized fingerprints trailing on the wall, close to the ground.

In front of Crow stood a closed door. Through it, the sound of children frolicking could be heard.

On 25/05/2019 at 6:52 AM, Silva said:

Eve watched the Haunt. The feeling of helplessness was all too familiar and she hated it. There had to be something she could do. Some way to protect. She swallowed as something came to mind. At first she dismissed it as foolish and not worth the risk.

Then she saw the people suffocating in the fog. And every ounce of hate in her body was enflamed. 

She took off running with only a half-formed plan.

The Haunt laughed, the sound a deep rumbling as he glided and moved past city blocks. He thought he recognised some people in the crowd, but they had gone too quick for him to know. Besides, he had spied on almost all of the civilians at this point, he was bound to see some old faces.

Some more people were choked by the fog making his body.

59 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

The Haunt laughed, the sound a deep rumbling as he glided and moved past city blocks. He thought he recognised some people in the crowd, but they had gone too quick for him to know. Besides, he had spied on almost all of the civilians at this point, he was bound to see some old faces.

Some more people were choked by the fog making his body.

Her footsteps pounded against the ground, one step at a time. The tops of her boots flopped back and forth, wapping her legs on each pass.

Next time you're chasing a giant fog being, you're wearing gym shoes, Eve. she told herself.

What did she know?

She knew he called himself the Haunt.

She knew he was normally invisible.

But that was about it. 

Eve stopped running, out of breath, and let herself lean on a building.

What did she know?

What had he said?

She'd asked who'd cursed him. He'd said...the spren that lives in the valley.

Spren.

Roshar. Narrowed down to a planet of where he'd once been. Really helped there.

There's something more. she thought. Something bigger...

She rewound the conversation back in her head. He'd asked her who taught her to watch. She hadn't answered. Then he'd told her...

What had he storming told her?!

Her eyes traveled down the empty street, falling on an old newspaper stand. The fog papers there were water damaged with ink that had run. She'd learnt to read on one of those. Taught herself...

Taught herself...no one taught her...

No one taught me to watch. I was forced to. For three hundred years.

Three hundred years. Spren in the valley.

Something else popped into her head. The last second to last thing he'd said to her.

“Death...” he'd paused. “Is not good. “But being immortal, but also being invisible, untouchable, unhearable? It does things to you. I can speak now, but the damage has already been done.”

Rusts. Eve slid down the wall to sit like she had back in the PlasmaCore building, what felt like forever ago.

The pieces had fallen into place in her head, and now, more than before, she had absolutely no idea as to what to do.

A man cursed by Nightwatcher to be ignored for centuries finally had a chance to be noticed. And Eve Tacet-Yin-Dove needed to figure out how to get him away from the attention.

Her luck most definitely was not improving.

Sorry for the long post.

10 hours ago, ApatheticTeenager said:

A sense of happiness washed Edahs.

We wish to live, wish to stay.

Edahs withdrew, puzzled. Oh well, he thought. I'll figure it out later.

He continued his approach towards the building. In a few minutes, he had arrived.

18 hours ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Edahs paused a block or so away from the building, watching a small group of people begin to fight their way in. What was this?

When Bella fell to her knees Mike stumbled over, his skin blistering from the heat all around him. The flowers the letters, were already burning, lying somewhere on the ground. Stop it, she had to. She had to stop it. There was no way she would die here, too. She thought he was beautiful. Strong. Kind. He reached for her hands, took them into his, his skin ripping open when he moved his fingers, blood running over his skin. He look into her eyes for a half heartbeat, then had to close his eyes, lower his head. Black spots danced in front of his eyes, when his body started to shut down. His head swam and he was glad he was kneeling, knew he wouldn’t have been able to stand anymore.

“Bella.”

he started to speak but the heat forced him to close his mouth again and he leaned towards her, tried to protect his face from the worst heat.

“If … you can’t stop it…”

he forced himself to speak, his voice strained with pain.

“Flee.”

His shirt started to smolder in some places and he groaned from the pain, wanted to scream, but there was something he needed to tell her and he forced the scream down, his heart beating fast in his chest. The world spun in circles around him and he held on to her, slowly dropping forward. His spikes burned through his chest, their metal heating up quickly, turning the skin and his flesh around them to a blackened burning mass.

“You… are … a good … person. Better, than … the flames, more… than your … powers.”

The pain became unbearable, so strong that there was nothing but the pain, but his skin burning. She was crying and he wished he could reach out for her face, tell her to stop crying, that everything would be alright, that she was strong enough, that they could weather this together, but the words would have been a lie and he couldn’t speak anymore anyway. Pain, so much pain, so much excruciating pain, ripping its claws into his body, tearing his mind to pieces until it was nothing but a whimpering, screaming mess. And then, thankfully it was over.

His body sagged against hers, when finally, thankfully darkness claimed him.

@ApatheticTeenager

Damon felt a searing pain in his left arm. He tried to raise the gun in in his left hand, but already knew that the arm was broken. A bullet had flown right through it, shattering the bone. He dropped to the ground to reduce his silouette and returned fire, sending two bullets toward each occupant of the room (except for himself). He rolled to the right, springing up and jumping through a doorway into an adjoining room. He shut the door, though that would only hold so long against the inhuman strength of that hulking figure back there, assuming he was still alive after all the gunfire. Damon turned to survey the room. It appeared to be empty, but had doorways at the back. No windows and poorly lit. He groped in his pocket for a tourniquet and tied it around his left arm, tightening it until bloodflow was cut off. He raised his revolver with his good hand and walked into the next doorway, which, according to the map, would have the targets in it, alegedly at conference.

@Grey Knight

Edited by ElendVenture

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

When Bella fell to her knees Mike stumbled over, his skin blistering from the heat all around him. The flowers the letters, were already burning, lying somewhere on the ground. Stop it, she had to. She had to stop it. There was no way she would die here, too. She thought he was beautiful. Strong. Kind. He reached for her hands, took them into his, his skin ripping open when he moved his fingers, blood running over his skin. He look into her eyes for a half heartbeat, then had to close his eyes, lower his head. Black spots danced in front of his eyes, when his body started to shut down. His head swam and he was glad he was kneeling, knew he wouldn’t have been able to stand anymore.

“Bella.”

he started to speak but the heat forced him to close his mouth again and he leaned towards her, tried to protect his face from the worst heat.

“If … you can’t stop it…”

he forced himself to speak, his voice strained with pain.

“Flee.”

His shirt started to smolder in some places and he groaned from the pain, wanted to scream, but there was something he needed to tell her and he forced the scream down, his heart beating fast in his chest. The world spun in circles around him and he held on to her, slowly dropping forward. His spikes burned through his chest, their metal heating up quickly, turning the skin and his flesh around them to a blackened burning mass.

“You… are … a good … person. Better, than … the flames, more… than your … powers.”

The pain became unbearable, so strong that there was nothing but the pain, but his skin burning. She was crying and he wished he could reach out for her face, tell her to stop crying, that everything would be alright, that she was strong enough, that they could weather this together, but the words would have been a lie and he couldn’t speak anymore anyway. Pain, so much pain, so much excruciating pain, ripping its claws into his body, tearing his mind to pieces until it was nothing but a whimpering, screaming mess. And then, thankfully it was over.

His body sagged against hers, when finally, thankfully darkness claimed him.

@ApatheticTeenager

He was bleeding... bleeding, and it was her fault. She was killing him, killing everyone around her. The gang would die, the entire Alleyverse would die, it would be her fault. She sobbed.

"Bella."

He was leaning towards her, and she stared at him, her violet eyes flashing in the firelight, swimming with tears.

"If ... you can't stop it... flee." 

She howled in desperation, trying, trying so hard to stop it.

"You... are... a good... person. Better, than... the flames, more... than your... powers."

She tried to force the fire away, tried to stop it, but the voice in her head kept going you'll fail Bellatrix. You're useless, a bastard of a father you never met. She grabbed his shoulders, pulling him closer, watching as he blacked out

"No. No. No. YOU CAN'T DIE."

She tried to stop the fire, to channel it. She saw a figure in the distance, The Haunt. She felt anger, looking at him. He doesn't care, doesn't care about us. Then she realized, realized that Mike thought she was strong, stronger than her powers. She took happiness in that, strength. HE ISN'T GOING TO DIE. The fire rushed off of the buildings, the pillar  being absorbed into it, all the fire flying into the sky. It flew into the sky, forming a burning ball, glowing bright even through the mist, brightening the entire city to a day like state. Then she hurled it, throwing it out of the city, into the sky far away, toward the ocean. The light went with it, and tears fell from her eyes.

She stood slowly, holding Mike, then began a march. Don't die, don't die, don't die. "I'm going to take you to the hospital Mike, you're  going to be fine." She kept walking, tears flowing openly, her outfit charred and burned. 

20 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

She stood slowly, holding Mike, then began a march. Don't die, don't die, don't die. "I'm going to take you to the hospital Mike, you're  going to be fine." She kept walking, tears flowing openly, her outfit charred and burned. 

I have to admit, I'm not sure, if there is a way for him to survive this. I really like the character, but I also don't want to stretch the boundaries of what's logical. You just melted stone a few metres away... So I'm a bit unsure what to do?

And to ruin the mood, did you reply for that spren guy? Vargo made a suggestion, and I was waiting for your reply, to see what Zokora might do. But I could have missed it, of course.

Edited by Sorana

Voidus looked over the rapidly emptying Alley. Denizens had quietly begun to leave, either to return to important experiments or to prepare for what was about to happen. Mac was coordinating their intelligence, taking in reports and collating the information together before dispensing it to those who needed it. The Stranger had returned to some of his labs to check up on experiments, and a lucky thing, the last thing they needed to deal with was a rogue byproduct of his research into temporal anomalies wandering the city.

And what do I do? Voidus thought as an area of space was left around him. We're taking the slow and steady approach for now so this isn't the time for grandstanding or elaborate displays.

The other Denizens gave him a wide berth as they moved, many giving nods of respect, a few younger denizens straight up bowing to him.

When did that start happening? He wondered for perhaps the thousandth time. He'd never made any pretenses of godhood, never asked for that kind of behaviour. But slowly it had grown over time, leaving him apart from the others. Well, Mac's coming along nicely and the Stranger's back at least. The thought gave him some comfort. But this still doesn't solve the problem of what to do.

He could still feel it, that slight wayward pull against the Void, the sense of wrongness that might threaten everything.

With a suddenness of movement that seemed to startle his surroundings, Voidus began striding along the Alley. As he moved he took out a small, slender metallic spike and gave it a little twirl.

Checking on the Worldspike. Voidus signed to Mac as he vanished. Let me know if anything changes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appearing in a nearby Alley, Voidus took a deep breath of air. He usually preferred the closed off spaces of the Alleys or the darkness of his sanctum, but with this irritation hanging over him something drove him to action rather than his usual deliberate restraint. It felt good to be outside again for the first time in over a year.

Walking up to the barrier, he inspected it carefully, running one hand smoothly against the air a short distance away and sketching a few Aons out of piercingly bright light.