Public Opinions   32 members have voted

  1. 1. How would you rate your experience participating in/reading Phase 1, A Shadowed Dawn (ASD)

    • Excellent :D
    • Good :)
    • Average :|
    • Bad :(
    • Terrible >:(
      0
    • Didn't read or participate/No opinion
  2. 2. Will you participate in Phase 2, Rivers of Blood (RoB)?

  3. 3. Who do you think will win? :P

    • PlasmaCore
    • The rest of the Alleyverse

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

705 posts in this topic

Laurelai deliberated as Lita and KanMien made their points. KanMien was right, there would be an element of risk in trying to infiltrate any of the great guilds, but that risk came with an easy way to gain information. The precursors would certainly be easier to spy on but also less likely to have any useful intelligence or insight into the matter. The last option would be to try to infiltrate PlasmaCore directly to see what they could learn, but that would be the most dangerous in all likelihood, given what she'd already seen.

"There is the possibility of formally approaching one of the other guilds I suppose." Laurelai mentioned. "We don't have to acquire all of our information covertly after all."

She didn't particularly like the idea of approaching any of the other guilds like that, most of them held some negative preconceptions of the DA which could lead to some issues, but given that TUBA at least had proactively approached seeking an alliance they could probably be trusted to some degree, and their agreement of nonaggression meant that at least they wouldn't be attacked on sight.

"Or we could start with the precursors to gain a little information then use that as a foothold, assess the situation and decide our next step from there."

She took another small, measured sip of port from her glass.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Silva said:

The young man stared at the message, trying to understand what she was saying. Abbreviation was a foreign language to him. Was it "da" as in "the" and was "abom" some shorthand for a code? Then he chuckled to himself as realization dawned on him. DA abomination.

Maybe. he replied, hoping he'd understood correctly and wouldn't have to explain that he was incredibly socially inept. 

He looked back at his work, sighed, then put it into a folder. The man picked up his phone again. Do we have any record of abominations absorbing people before?

Far as he was aware the answer was no - he'd spent quite a bit of time researching abominations to determine how much damage different ones could cause if they trampled through a bakery. 

Quote

I'm sorry for Deteca's awful grammar while texting :P

She eyed the screen worriedly before shooing away bakery notifications and tapping on the text box. whatd it look like?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Tena spoke on the phone, Daa continued.

"I suppose we cannot entirely rule out some sort of DA 'rouge faction' being the cause of these phenomena. I must admit, it does seem quite like their style... but then again, it doesn't seem like something that would happen to the DA, if only because Voidus would never let it happen."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Eiran's been texting me. He saw something that could've been a DA abomination," Deteca volunteered.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darkness fell from a drop ship, electric guitar on his back. He fell through the city, hitting the ground and absorbing the kinetic energy from the impact.  He slowly stood, and it crackled on his fingers.

He took the electric guitar from his back, and powered it with the energy in his body.  Peals of music echoed off of the walls, and he began to yell, "YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?  YOU IN THE JUNGLE BABY!  THE GUNS N' NINJAS HAVE ARRIVED!"

Then he reported to Mike that it was all clear.

@Sorana

@Sherlock Holmes

@Turtle373

@Ark1002

@I think I am here.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vargo Seldon said:

Darkness fell from a drop ship, electric guitar on his back. He fell through the city, hitting the ground and absorbing the kinetic energy from the impact.  He slowly stood, and it crackled on his fingers.

He took the electric guitar from his back, and powered it with the energy in his body.  Peals of music echoed off of the walls, and he began to yell, "YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?  YOU IN THE JUNGLE BABY!  THE GUNS N' NINJAS HAVE ARRIVED!"

Then he reported to Mike that it was all clear.

@Sorana

@Sherlock Holmes

@Turtle373

@Ark1002

@I think I am here.

Zan waited for the drop ship to land then walked out, shaking his head at Darkness' display, "We have ninja in our name, shouldn't we at least try to be stealthy?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Lusk got the message from Zokora and froze. He laughed a bit. Full access to information on TUBA, the DA and the Ghostbloods?

Tell him no, he texted back. Storming no. This spren really overestimates how much we’re willing to pay, tell him we could probably trap him in a gemstone and torture him for info but for once we’re doing it the normal way.

He paused. Then sighed. Actually, don’t tell him that. We’re here for diplomacy. Make a counter-offer, way lower than whatever rust the spren’s thinking of.

Zokora was about to try to trap the spren, when she received his second message. Lusk suddenly seemed like a guy she could work with. Maybe she should try to capture the spren after she was done with the negotiation.

A counter-offer, way lower than whatever the spren was thinking of. She had no idea, what that could be, no idea what they could like to have appart from - an idea sparked and suddenly she felt like she had a solution.

"We could give a ton of pineapples?"

She offered. It was crap and she knew it, but what he had demanded had been crap as well. So maybe they could stop this stupid back and forth and start getting to some real talking. Or maybe not. A dark spren. It would be interesting to see how he looked like in Shadesmar, what he would do when she trapped him.

@Ark1002

===================================

Mike winced at Darkness entrance. Guns n' Roses would have fit them better. Whatever. The most important thing was, that they were here and that they would do something productive. He followed Darkness to the ground and then reported to the guy in charge that they had arrived. He kept his mesage short, but informed him, that they planed to infiltrate the building. After a short pause he added a line asking for a separate set of orders, should the first ones didn't fit the plans at the moment. (= Lusk)

Then he pulled out his phone and texted Bella:
I'm close to the Plasma Core building. Where are you? Are you alright?-Mike

Turning around he waited for the rest of the squad to arrive as well.

@I think I am here.

@Vargo Seldon

@Sherlock Holmes

@Turtle373

Edited by Sorana
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turtle373 said:

Zan waited for the drop ship to land then walked out, shaking his head at Darkness' display, "We have ninja in our name, shouldn't we at least try to be stealthy?"

Quote

Zan was promptly teleported out of the Alleyverse for making too much sense.

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seom followed Zan, whistling.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mike winced at Darkness entrance. Guns n' Roses would have fit them better. Whatever. The most important thing was, that they were here and that they would do something productive. He followed Darkness to the ground and then reported to the guy in charge that they had arrived. He kept his mesage short, but informed him, that they planed to infiltrate the building. After a short pause he added a line asking for a separate set of orders, should the first ones didn't fit the plans at the moment. (= Lusk)

Then he pulled out his phone and texted Bella:
I'm close to the Plasma Core building. Where are you? Are you alright?-Mike

Turning around he waited for the rest of the squad to arrive as well.

Lusk got a message. He furrowed his brow, infiltrate? They were just about to try out diplomacy, and even then, there was a squadron ready to be deployed of marines.

Who are you? Lusk typed back. I don’t remember anyone named Mike.

—-

Wes followed after Mike, hearing Darkness announce them, the Guns n’ Ninjas. It felt a little cool to be part of a team like that.

“Woah,” he said, looking up at the dark swirling fog. “That doesn’t look good.”

—-

The Haunt was a massive figure of fog, now taller than a skyscraper. That gave him some perks. He could hear awes and gasps as he strode forward, he of course could hover as well, but it gave a certain satisfaction to hear the thus of his own steps and crowds trying to avoid being crushed by his weight.

Of course, as a being made of fog, he had no weight. However, his great size did suffocate some people with fog who were unlucky enough to get in his way. Because, surprisingly, he wasn’t attempting to kill civilians. He was walking towards that large marine ship in the distance.

When he was near he grew bigger and enveloped the ship in his mass, now far taller and larger than any two skyscrapers combined. While fully enveloping the ship did not harm it in any way, it did block all view of the outside world, only being able to see thick fog. He rumbled in amusement.

@Grey Knight

—-

Lusk watched in silence as the ship was veiled in foggy darkness. He cursed.

Edited by I think I am here.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Lusk got a message. He furrowed his brow, infiltrate? They were just about to try out diplomacy, and even then, there was a squadron ready to be deployed of marines.

Who are you? Lusk typed back. I don’t remember anyone named Mike.

Mike thought about his reply and then shrugged. He would stick with the truth.

We're the squad Guns n' Ninjas. Mr. Itiah told us we could come here to help with the crises. Then someone else told me that you're in charge, so I figured you're the right person to report to. Was I mislead, in that case could you please point me to our superior?

Mike's glance followed Wes upwards and cursed. That was looking bad. Like a huge strange could, except that it seemed to be alive. How were they supposed to do something against that thing?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sorana said:

Zokora was about to try to trap the spren, when she received his second message. Lusk suddenly seemed like a guy she could work with. Maybe she should try to capture the spren after she was done with the negotiation.

A counter-offer, way lower than whatever the spren was thinking of. She had no idea, what that could be, no idea what they could like to have appart from - an idea sparked and suddenly she felt like she had a solution.

"We could give a ton of pineapples?"

She offered. It was crap and she knew it, but what he had demanded had been crap as well. So maybe they could stop this stupid back and forth and start getting to some real talking. Or maybe not. A dark spren. It would be interesting to see how he looked like in Shadesmar, what he would do when she trapped him.

@Ark1002

The spren's face moved faster, dragon, lion, cremling, axehound, tiger, lion, wolf, human, parshendi, chasmfiend. 

"We had our terms, assassin. That is what it would take for what you asked."

"If you want something lesser, there is more of a chance."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

The spren's face moved faster, dragon, lion, cremling, axehound, tiger, lion, wolf, human, parshendi, chasmfiend. 

"We had our terms, assassin. That is what it would take for what you asked."

"If you want something lesser, there is more of a chance."

Involuntarily she stepped back when his face moved between the different faces almost faster than she could grasp them.

Something lesser, what could she ask for, that was lesser, but still helped them?

"What do you want for keeping your creatures in check, to call them back? Including the one clouding the sky. You can stay here, but you won't harm our population anymore?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Involuntarily she stepped back when his face moved between the different faces almost faster than she could grasp them.

Something lesser, what could she ask for, that was lesser, but still helped them?

"What do you want for keeping your creatures in check, to call them back? Including the one clouding the sky. You can stay here, but you won't harm our population anymore?"

It froze entirely, not a single movement. It stood there ten seconds, frozen perfectly. Then it grew agitated, spiraling through faces a hundred times faster than the previous.

Chasmfiend, whitespine, axehound, parshendi, larkin, cremling, crab, angler fish, shark, orca, mink, wolf, coyote, lion, tiger, bear, tyrannosaurus rex, dragon, and in the midst of it all, it spoke, voice surrounded by a high pitched sound, like a shrieking tea kettle.

"What would you be willing to give, assassin?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

It froze entirely, not a single movement. It stood there ten seconds, frozen perfectly. Then it grew agitated, spiraling through faces a hundred times faster than the previous.

Chasmfiend, whitespine, axehound, parshendi, larkin, cremling, crab, angler fish, shark, orca, mink, wolf, coyote, lion, tiger, bear, tyrannosaurus rex, dragon, and in the midst of it all, it spoke, voice surrounded by a high pitched sound, like a shrieking tea kettle.

"What would you be willing to give, assassin?"

Sera hissed at the creature, wrapping herself tighter around Zokoras neck, almost strangling her. Almost. Zokora took another step back, realized, that she was to completely wrong person to deal with the spren. She had no idea what she was allowed to grant and diplomacy wasn't her strength. Althea would have known how to handle it, she always knew. And she was kind and patient, she would have discussed before rushing into a negotiation what they were willing to give, what they could give. She hadn't. She come here, waving the flag and somehow asumed that it would work out. Which it wasn't. It was a catastrophy.

"What do you want to have?"

she replied, hoped she could buy some time to think of something. She needed to think more, to plan and not to rush blindly into everything. She was proud of her position, but onyl now she realized how much Althea usually prepared, how often she lead her along, helped her through her notes and rules, plans and todo lists. Here and right now, she was screwed. Could she contact her? Lusk was here, but Althea would listen, she would find a solution. Wait for his reply and maybe then, she would ask for help.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edalb stepped forwards, and said, "What would you have the Diagramists grant you if you were to leave the Alleyplanet and never come back?"

@Ark1002

———

Darkness followed Mike, watching as Mike contacted superiors.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It turned. "Your precious diagram. And the DA resources." It spun ever faster through the insane spiral of faces, adding in the pattern of Crypitcs, random shapes not even faces.

"The secrets. The secrets of the universe."

@Sorana @Vargo Seldon

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zokora shook her head. That was even more abstract than before. The secrets of the universe. He had to know that they couldn't provide that. In return it meant, that they weren't really willing to solve this peacefully.

She turned towards the man speaking for the Diagram and made a questioning gesture, silently asking if he thought they should spend the time to go on with this farce.

@Vargo Seldon

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AonEne said:

"Eiran's been texting me. He saw something that could've been a DA abomination," Deteca volunteered.

"Did he give a description?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Voidus said:

Laurelai deliberated as Lita and KanMien made their points. KanMien was right, there would be an element of risk in trying to infiltrate any of the great guilds, but that risk came with an easy way to gain information. The precursors would certainly be easier to spy on but also less likely to have any useful intelligence or insight into the matter. The last option would be to try to infiltrate PlasmaCore directly to see what they could learn, but that would be the most dangerous in all likelihood, given what she'd already seen.

"There is the possibility of formally approaching one of the other guilds I suppose." Laurelai mentioned. "We don't have to acquire all of our information covertly after all."

She didn't particularly like the idea of approaching any of the other guilds like that, most of them held some negative preconceptions of the DA which could lead to some issues, but given that TUBA at least had proactively approached seeking an alliance they could probably be trusted to some degree, and their agreement of nonaggression meant that at least they wouldn't be attacked on sight.

"Or we could start with the precursors to gain a little information then use that as a foothold, assess the situation and decide our next step from there."

She took another small, measured sip of port from her glass.

KanMien nodded. "That sounds good. I suggest we do both though. If we use formal channels we can just ask the PR department to do it for us, it should be easier that way. In the meantime we can go and pay a visit to the Precursors, as well as any possible groups that don't have formal communications with us."
They briefly looked at Kumiko and Whisper. "We might also want to send a few people towards the epicenter, to scout. They don't need to actually do anything, but it might be good to have some of our own people keeping an eye on things."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kenod said:

KanMien nodded. "That sounds good. I suggest we do both though. If we use formal channels we can just ask the PR department to do it for us, it should be easier that way. In the meantime we can go and pay a visit to the Precursors, as well as any possible groups that don't have formal communications with us."
They briefly looked at Kumiko and Whisper. "We might also want to send a few people towards the epicenter, to scout. They don't need to actually do anything, but it might be good to have some of our own people keeping an eye on things."

"Sounds good to me," Lita said, sliding another cookie off the dessert plate. "These are amazing, by the way." She took a bite, chewing happily. If she was going to die soon, at least she'd have this to recall as she slipped into the great beyond.

"It'll be far easier for me to move in the Precursor ranks as myself than if we went into PlasmaCore. As far as I can tell, no one in the Precursors knows me."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Ark, does Bella reply to Mike?

@Ark1002

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mike winced at Darkness entrance. Guns n' Roses would have fit them better. Whatever. The most important thing was, that they were here and that they would do something productive. He followed Darkness to the ground and then reported to the guy in charge that they had arrived. He kept his mesage short, but informed him, that they planed to infiltrate the building. After a short pause he added a line asking for a separate set of orders, should the first ones didn't fit the plans at the moment. (= Lusk)

Then he pulled out his phone and texted Bella:
I'm close to the Plasma Core building. Where are you? Are you alright?-Mike

Turning around he waited for the rest of the squad to arrive as well.

Bella turned away from the Vortex for a second when her phone buzzed. She typed in I'm near the PlasmaCore building as well. I'm fine, for now. She clicked send, then turned back to the Vortex. It grew another foot in diameter as she watched, and a blade came out. It was yellow, a bright yellow, and similar to a shardblade. She grabbed the handle, pulling it out. Lord Ajax ripped it out of her hands, then sent a pulse of purple energy into it. It disappeared. He made a leering smile.

She stepped back. "I have to go, my lord."

She was disgusted at herself for saying that, but she had to convince him.

He nodded absentmindedly, waving her away.

She hurried out, sending another message.

Meet me at the Odd Job Tavern. Text the other gang members too. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Meet me at the Odd Job Tavern. Text the other gang members too. 

Mike paused. Then he slowly texted back. It was Bella, he had to talk to her, he had to explain that he didn't want to betray her, but that his loyalties were split. And right now...

Can we meet here? I'm not sure I can head to the tavern right now. I'm responsible for some others and can't leave them alone for long.

Hopefully she would understand.

@Ark1002

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

"Sounds good to me," Lita said, sliding another cookie off the dessert plate. "These are amazing, by the way." She took a bite, chewing happily. If she was going to die soon, at least she'd have this to recall as she slipped into the great beyond.

"It'll be far easier for me to move in the Precursor ranks as myself than if we went into PlasmaCore. As far as I can tell, no one in the Precursors knows me."

Kumiko raised a hand. "I can keep an eye on that thing," she said. "One of my abilities allows for improved senses, so I should be able to observe it from a distance." She paused. "I might need someone who can interpret stuff for me though."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.