Mutare Omnes

Lunar Blessing

2 hours ago, Blessing of Potency said:

How would you like to help? (I know nothing about hemalurgy, so I'm waiting for ene...)

@AonEne

If you wanted, you could just say you give him a book about hemalurgy, and then wait. :)

@Blessing of Potency

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

Shae took it hesitantly, looking at it. "Alright... If you give me a few hours, I can probably get a grasp of it, but..." He read a few lines on the first page. "It says the kind of metal used in the spike is important. I'll need that information and access to the spikes once I've made my stamp..." He mentally prepared for the job, not even thinking to simply say 'NO'. He didn't believe they'd be unwilling to kill him, and wasn't willing to risk his life just yet- it wasn't like they had threatened anyone he loved or anything. To his knowledge...

@Blessing of Potency

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cinder steps into the room. Without even looking at Shae he starts speaking, “you have contributed much to our cause, and though, originally, it was against your will I would like to see you join us. Before you answer, I have something to show you.”

He nods and the lights dim. A screen descends from the ceiling and a video starts playing.

It shows the meeting from the perspective of a security camera. In the video Shae is unconscious, Cinder and Dan appear to be in the middle of a conversation.

“From you I want something very simple.” Cinder says, “I want you to go home, act like nothings wrong. Then, after three days I want you to tell your high priest that Shae has gone missing, and that’s it. No mention of us or this meeting.”

"No"

“That is your only option.” Cinder says, “if you do I will return Shae safe and most likely unharmed, if you don’t you forfeit his life.”

"What are you going to do to him?" Dan asks.

“If you play your part, nothing. If you don’t, quite a lot.”

"I don't believe that," Dan says. He picks Shae up. "I'm going to give you two options here. You can tell me what you're going to do to him, or I can kill him." He squeezes his claws around Shae's throat. 

The video ends.

“You can replay that if you wish,” he sets down a remote, “I’ll let you think about it.”

He steps out of the room again.

@ShadowLord_Lith

@Sherlock Holmes (you can't actually respons, but I want yout to know what's happening)

Shae blinked, confused, though the video started before he could say no, and after it ended, the man left before he could try and ask what the heck was happening. He blinked, trembling softly as he looked back at the screen, touching his neck and the mark on it absently, he replayed the video. And then did it again. He watched it three times before doing and going back to his books. He breathed, grabbing a journal and detailing everything he could about the situation, everything about how Dan held him and all of his thoughts on the matter. Then he wrote down his conclusion, looking at the page and its scrawled, barely legible notes. He'd written it in short hand, and a combination of Mai-pon symbols that translated into Scadrian words, the Scadrian symbols I'd which translated into Hallendren words that reflected what he was trying to say. He was used to thinking his thoughts like this, and understood the writing easily. Anyone else would need to know which languages to translate into and know all the languages, then guess the right order and direction to read in order to understand it. He closed the journal, sitting on the bed and waiting. He trusted Dan, but something here was off. He wanted to know why these people wanted him so badly they'd try to trick him like this. So he waited, planning to agree. Actually, they were probably watching him right now- why wait? "If you can hear me... I... I agree... I'll join you." His voice trembled, cracking slightly near the end. Mainly from his worry that he was betraying The Church, but he was grateful for it. It made his attempt to seem like a distraught man hiding his emotions seem more real. Honestly, with only that, he could tell Dan had been serious- he'd seen himself struggling to breath. That part hurt, but... he trusted Dan. After all, he hasn't seen what his new employer had said or done after the video cut off. Rather suspiciously in his mind. 

@Blessing of Potency

@Sherlock Holmes

Tags and info.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 11:59 AM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

"If you can hear me... I... I agree... I'll join you."

Cinders voice plays through the speakers, “Thank you, I look forward to working with you. In the meantime you are allowed to leave your room, however not the facility, at least, not yet.”

He blinked, paling slightly but nodding. He hesitantly stood, nervously going to the door- or where he assumed it was- and paused, looking around to try and find a way out. "Then... may I leave?" He looked around at the room he'd been stuck in for the past few months. He was almost scared to leave- but also very glad he would finally be able to actually move around. He'd felt so cooped up in recent months... He started gathering his journals while he waited- the rest of the books completely useless to him. He held the dozen or so journals against his chest, looking back in the direction of the door. He wished he had some tin. Seeing anything more than five feet away was almost impossible without it. 

@Blessing of Potency

Shae saw the blur of light appear, walking forward and finally making out the bag and the open doorway. He hesitantly stepped out into the corridor, bending down to pick up the bag. He had the sudden, irrational desire to go back into the room and hide until Dan could save him. He just wanted to go home... He shivered, forcing down the desire and stepping away from the door before beginning to look around. He absently brushed his longer hair out of his face. He hadn't trusted them or himself with sharp objects near him, so his hair was longer than it had been in a long time. He had even managed to develop a barely visible layer of facial hair- which was saying something for him. He started walking, hoping he'd figure out the building soon- carrying both the bag and his journals with him. 

LinBli strolled along the hallway, stopping when they saw Shae outside of the room. Must be a new development or I'd have heard about this already, they mused, and took another step forward. "Hello, there."

Edited by AonEne

Shae paused, looking at the newcomer. "Oh... hi. I am very new, and... I don't quite know where anything is... Sorry, I'm Shae. What's your name?" He held out his hand, forcing an-albeit uneasy- smile. It had been six months- if LinBli had been at his kidnapping, he'd still have no idea who he was. Memory was a fickle thing... 

@AonEne