138 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know! Sorry! Having trouble keeping up with stuff, but I'm catching up. Sorry!

Shae started breathing consciously a few minutes after he came in- he didn't show any signs of being awake other than that though. 

@Blessing of Potency

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

Cinder notes the change in breathing, but keep reading. Content to let his guest start off the conversation.

LinBli strolls into the room and leans against the wall causally.

Posted (edited)

Shae listened for a while, letting whatever had drugged him slowly wear off entirely, then sat up and looked around. "Okay... where am I? I was... supposed to be painting someone a picture...?" He felt very wary, but he'd been abducted before, by men who didn't respect sleeping people. The situation was different, and he'd been drugged, but it was familiar enough that he was only mildly panicking. They had managed to get Dan to leave him behind... what could they have done to the man?

@AonEne

@Blessing of Potency

LinBli continues to lean against the wall causally, existing. He likes existing, and also likes Cinder's plans.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:12 AM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Shae listened for a while, letting whatever had drugged him slowly wear off entirely, then sat up and looked around. "Okay... where am I? I was... supposed to be painting someone a picture...?" He felt very wary, but he'd been abducted before, by men who didn't respect sleeping people. The situation was different, and he'd been drugged, but it was familiar enough that he was only mildly panicking. They had managed to get Dan to leave him behind... what could they have done to the man?

@AonEne

@Blessing of Potency

“Where you are is not relevant, and you won’t be painting a picture. I want something a little more than that.” Cinder says, closing his book with a snap.

Shae bit his lip, looking around and attempting to stand up off of the table. "And what exactly would that be...?" He tried to burn tin, hoping he could see the man's face a little better. He hated being near-sighted.

“A soul stamp, which I hear your pretty good at making them. You made the one your church uses did you not?”

He nodded, watching them warily. "I did... what kind of stamp do you need...?" He knew people sometimes generalized all of forgery as a series of soul-stamps, but he hoped that's what they'd done. He hadn't even finished gathering information on Dan yet to make him a soul-stamp. It would be so difficult... especially if they didn't give him the right resources. A thought occured to him. "Why me? Aren't there plenty of other forgers in AlleyCity? What makes me so special?" Was he just the easiest to kidnap? Or did they have another reason for taking him...?

@Blessing of Potency

“There are things that make you special, however all you need to concern yourself with is the forgery.”

He hummed. "Granted. Regardless, that doesn't explain what you want me to do." He knew he already had no choice other than to obey. He used to life threatening situations.