1 hour ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I’d like to quickly interject that I’m absolutely loving the RP from all of you, but especially what @xinoehp512, @Snipexe and @Cadmium Compounder are doing and the story they’re building. Also shoutouts to @Mailliw73, @Arraenae and @Lumgol for the considerable RP they’ve put out. You are all deserving of upvotes :) 

Also, as this game will start in three days’ time (72-ish hours), if you’re still on the fence about joining, please make a decision within that time. In particular, anyone who played LG41 and wants a second chance to avenge their defeat is more than welcome to join (thinking especially of @Sart, @MrakeDarshall and @manukos as the co-GM). Thanks to everyone that’s signed up already, and I hope to get this going in three days or so. :) 

Sorry, but I'm busy Thursday through Sunday. I can be a pinch hitter if needed.

Zane crept around in the alleyways of Luthadel, following his God's directions. 
"Where am I even going?"
Stop asking questions. Just follow the directions and wait patiently.
Zane eventually came upon a small closed off area, which was only led into by alleys. He waited there, as instructed. Burning tin, he heard the clear steps of another individual approaching. 
He didn't see much of the person, as they were underneath a cloak. But he did see two spikes in his hands. Were those duralumin? He began to react, but then he felt God's will to not move, so he did not. The individual moved swiftly then, with Zane unable to move, and stabbed themselves and Zane with spikes.
Zane lost something in that moment. Who was he? Where was he? Then, awareness returned.
But he was looking at his body from inside the cloaked one's body. He began to panic. What was this? Where were his powers? 
You are too recognizable. I need your skills, but not with that face. You now can move quietly, and my new servant will kill.
But... his powers. They were gone! 
You can aquire new ones. Simply find some mistings, and I will grant you their powers. 
His panic was now in full swing. How would Vin know this was him? Would she even love him anymore? What would she think if the person now in his body, using his powers, didn't know who she was? What if she went back to Elend?
Vin does my work. Be at peace. Elend will not survive, and you will be returned to your proper body at the end of this. 
Trembling, Zane explored his new body. Did he have any powers? He wasn't sure, whoever this was hadn't been carrying metals. He would need to find some to find out. Otherwise, he would apparently need to hunt some mistings like God had told him to. 
But, there were advantages to having an unknown face. They would not know him for who he was, now. He could work death from the shadows, unknown to any of the people of Luthadel. All thanks to Duralumin, a metal Vin had revealed to him so long ago. 
He looked over to where his body had been, and it was long gone. He ached for the loss of the lines of steel and iron, but God had promised him he would regain those at the end of this. And God did not lie. 
Panic averted, he began to whistle. It appeared this body was a decent singer, although from the voice tone it was a bass, not Zane's tenor. But that would do fine for now. He would take out his remaining anxieties on his victims. 
"Where to next, God?"

I was going to sit a couple of games out to focus on my master's Thesis. However, I just realized that this is the post-championship game, and those are generally intersting as people are fired up from spectating the championship, so I'll be Joining up as De'Tess, a kandra that unfortunately got stuck in a city under siege after her last contract ended early with he death of her client.

I probably won't have time for much RP, but I'll do my best to keep up with reads and everything else related to solving the game.

"Ah!", Ford Prefect said, jumping out of a Dark Alley, "while I appreciate the flattery kind sir, I am afraid you have mistaken me for someone else."

Ford reached out to shake the stranger's hand, "I'm Prefect. Ford Prefect. Nice to mee... are those spikes you have in your hands? How fascinating. Is that a common thing on this planet?" Ford reached into his bag and grabbed a notebook and pen, and looked up at this man expentantly.

@Steeldancer

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

"Ah!", Ford Prefect said, jumping out of a Dark Alley, "while I appreciate the flattery kind sir, I am afraid you have mistaken me for someone else."

Ford reached out to shake the stranger's hand, "I'm Prefect. Ford Prefect. Nice to mee... are those spikes you have in your hands? How fascinating. Is that a common thing on this planet?" Ford reached into his bag and grabbed a notebook and pen, and looked up at this man expentantly.

@Steeldancer

Kill him. 
Zane lunged, spike in hand at the man. 

As Cadoxi took a late night stroll back to the armory, he happened to glance down an alley, and saw what appeared to be a crazed mistborn jump at another man with a spike. 

Perhaps that man is actually using hemalurgy. Cadoxi thought. Best not to get involved. And he continued his stroll. 

When he arrived back at the armory, he noticed that while he was gone, he had received a new order of breastplates and spears from Elend Venture himself. 55 new breastplates, and 100 new spears. A typical order size, however, the deadline was only 10 days away, significantly quicker than the typical 15. 

"I'm not going to have much time to scavenge for spare obsidian this week, Snip will have to suffice with a smaller shipment than normal next week." Cadoxi mumbled under his breath as he began to gather the supplies for the breastplates and spears. 

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

Kill him. 
Zane lunged, spike in hand at the man. 

"Woah woah woah!" Ford yelled as he jumped backwards. Too late.

The spike ran through his hand, and he felt a searing pain. Not physically, but like a part of his mind was struggling to rip itself off. He looked down at his hand, confused at this new sensation. Ok then, this was going to be a really strange world.

He took a deep breath, breathing in more than just air. With a little coercion on his part, his skin rejected the spike and spit it back out.

Zane jumped back at him, but this time, Ford was ready. he spun to the side with increased dexterity, and summoned his Shardblade.

24 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Wow, we haven't even started and a shardblade is already out.

Well, after I posted, I figured Ford having breath would be more in charecter, but oh well.

16 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

And there’s been a kill attempt. Steel

14 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Fifth said not to kill him Day 1, but this is Night 0.

Steel

I was just about to say that. : P

Zane the Mad

Edited by Furamirionind

5 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Zane dodged the giant sword, and decided to make a hasty retreat. 

"But Sir, you never answered my question!" Ford called after the man. "People these days," He continued under his breath, "not even the decency to talk after trying to kill another."

The death of the Lord Ruler made things more fun for Makail. Under the new... king? Elmo, his name was? Honestly, Makail didn't care who was running Luthadel these days, he simply knew that it was now much less likely to have an Inquisitor after him. Of course, the Lord Ruler's death had been a key reason for Makail's current state of employment, but he had decided to look on the bright side.

Which meant projects.

Makail perched on a roof overlooking the River Channerel. The soot-slogged water drifted on its course, off to the ocean somewhere. Every now and then, there was a boat too. Makail sat in thought, considering what marvelous project that he would cook up this time. He knew it had to involve the river; it was its theme. But how did one exactly turn a large body of water into a trap for Mistborn? or an Inquisitor, or just an ordinary Allomancer, Makail wasn't picky. He had already considered explosives (the water would render them useless), collapsing bridges (too hard, those bridges are just built too well!), and fire (again, with the water). Thus Makail pondered.

That is the cycle. No votes will be counted after this post. 

LG55: Night 0

A Divine Image

Ford swung his blade downward at the hand of his assailant. Faced veiled in shadow thanks to the strange cloaks these Mistborn wore, the attacker’s identity was impossible to pin, but it would not matter. Once the man was dead, his identity would be all too easy to figure out. The hooded figure dodged just barely, Shardblade whistling down within inches of the man’s fingers. Bringing it back into a guard position in front of him, Ford spun, whipping his head to try and get a good look at his foe. For his own part, the Mistborn recoiled, obviously chagrined at the failure of his attack. Under the cowl shadowing his features, Ford caught the glimpse of a snarl, and the man’s hands moved to his belt. 

A sudden pain in his knuckles flared, and Ford dropped his Shardblade involuntarily with a curse. Oddly enough, it failed to vanish, lying on the cobblestones with the coin that had just hit him. The Mistborn grinned, but didn’t press the attack. Not even Pushing on the coin, he ran away into the mists that rose with the setting sun. Ford cursed again. He’d failed to so much as identify his assailant, much less kill him, and his Shardblade stances were clearly rusty. He bent down to pick up the Blade. 

It was gone. 

Steeldancer was lynched! He was a Roleless, and survived!

Furamirionind was attacked, but survived! One Shardblade has gone missing. 

Reap What You Sew was raided! Three pairs of Omega-Large Obsidian Scissors have been stolen. Only RP can defeat the thief. 

Vote Count:

Steeldancer (3): A Joe in the Bush, Araris Valerian, Furamirionind

Elend Venture (1): Lumgol

Night 0 has begun! It will last approximately 50 hours, ending at 21:00 EDT on Thursday 16 May. 

This night, all players, including those not playing, have access to the ability Sign Up. This ability will guarantee the user an alignment and role at the beginning of D1. All players on the current player list will perform this action automatically. 

In addition, the character Lerdar has been introduced! He is an Unaligned Thief, and currently possesses the items Omega-Large Obsidian Scissors

Writeup to be edited in whenever I get the chance. 

Edited by Fifth Scholar

Ford Prefect can be seen hanging up a sign in front of the main city gates:

My spren, Arthur Dent, has recently gone missing. If any of you see him, please contact me immediately. His return may or may not be imperative to the survival of this planet and everyone on it.

-Ford Prefect.