18 hours ago, Snipexe said:

While he was waiting for the women’s response, Snip called out to his assistant, while holding out the boxing’s , “Declan, could you please take this to the safe?” (The name misspelling is intentional).

@xinoehp512 

Dedne came out from the back room and surveyed the room with eyes that were dead inside.

Why even bother? he thought. It's not like I like working here. I hate scissors, I hate the customers, and my employer doesn't even remember my name.

He'd given up on correcting Snip's misnomers after about a hundred attempts. In fact, he didn't think he'd ever heard his employer get it right.

With a sigh, he took the box and put it in the safe.

It was me saying "Oh Lord Ruler why is it so late"

*A large white bird flies into the stores display window, then regains composure and hovers outside the window, glaring at Aname. Closer inspection shows a large, white owl that seemed unnaffected by the ash

It had been nearly a week since a deal had been struck with the fabric shop, and Cadoxi's first shipment of scissors should have been available for sale today. It was time to formally introduce himself in person to his business associate. 

Walking up to the shop, he saw what looked like good news. There were crowds of people on the street. It seemed like a busy day in this part of Luthadel. That was good. More people to spread the word.  As he entered, he had the pleasant greeting of a few quiet shoppers spread around the store, and another person leaving with a package that appeared to carry a pair of 14-inch long obsidian Shears. Almost certainly the Omega-large. He didn't understand the purpose of that size personally. But people sure liked to buy large, so he agreed to make them. Personally, he preferred the 10-inch, Medium. The shears were all easily detachable, to be used as daggers, or atachable to be used as simple shears. 

Turing his attention back to the store, he noticed that there was an unusual amount of satin available for sale.  Are times really that bad? Cadoxi wondered to himself. It was a good thing Cadoxi always made his own clothing out of the scrap leather at the armory. He always had leather outfits, and most of the time, his outfits could have passed for fine leather. 

At last, there was a break at the front counter, so he approached the man that must have been Snip. "Mighty fine shop you've got here" He began. Does any of your apparel have hidden pockets capable of holding a medium sized self-defense weapon?" That was the code phrase. As long as the man was Snip, and Snip recognized the code phrase, they would be able to more freely discuss the more...questionable... parts of their business. 

@Snipexe

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

Only Lord Renaux brought this ball any semblance of propriety. The idiot Hadrian had invited anyone on Elend's new Assembly, which included skaa! How undignified. Luckily, none had yet gathered the nerve to ask her to dance with them. She quickly burned zinc to Riot their shyness anytime one began to look or wander in her direction. So maybe it wasn't so much luck as it was ability. Another distinguishing trait that supported the Ministry's doctrine of superiority over skaa: they had no Allomancy. Oh there were stories of skaa Mistborn, but there were also stories of blue flowers. Ridiculous! 

Laila sat at her table by herself, wishing the Lord Ruler had been able to grace this ball with his presence. There was a lack of men these days in the courts, the fool Elend being the latest fop. But the Lord Ruler! If only there were more like him. Laila would have to sate herself with the dregs of the nobility that was left. Maybe one of these fools deserved more credit than she gave them. She made sure to Riot the emotions of any possibly promising noble man to make him more likely to seek her company. Maybe the ball wouldn't be a complete waste of an evening. 

Snip watched as a large heavy set man walked up to the counter. He prepared his usual spiel about the sale on Satin and the shears, but paused when he heard what the man was saying. "Does any of your apparel have hidden pockets capable of holding a medium sized self-defense weapon?" the man finished. This was Cadoxi then. He looked him over. Basic Skaa soldier's gear, though it was well oiled. That would have to change. He could not have a man seen regularly entering his shop wearing such unfashionable drab clothing like that! Even Derick wore nicer clothes. As his thoughts turned to what would be the proper suit size and style for a guard, not too stylish as to outshine the noble, but subtle and understated, he remembered that he had a response phrase to utter, to verify that it was him. "Of course, but it will require custom measurements." 

@Cadmium Compounder

Edited by Snipexe

As Snip waited for Cadoxi's response, Derin walked up to the Venture Armorer. Snip turned to him. "Didn't I tell you you could take your break? If you aren't then go help out the lad in by the coat rack. By the looks of what he's doing, he'll knock over a whole row a merchandise! You and I both know Derk that we cannot afford that in trying times like these." It was indeed true, there was man, well really a boy in a man's clothing, struggling in vain to properly hang up a suit coat.

"Of course," He gestured to the door, " It should just be the first door on your left. Let me just make sure my assistant has everything in working order." He quickly walked over to Dennis. "I hate to do this to you, but I've got a custom order to take care of. Would you mind watching the shop for a bit? Don't worry about the shear prices, I've got them written out on the inside of the counter. Sound good?"

@xinoehp512

@Cadmium Compounder

Cadoxi followed Snip's directions and found himself in a small back office, waiting for the shopowner to arrive. Cadoxi knew that he would need a new wardrobe. Despite being of noble descent, he did not dress the part, having associated with more Skaa throughout his life than actual Noblemen. He preferred his more rugged look of a well-to-do Skaa than the look of a lower-class nobleman. It just fit his personality a bit better. 

After a few minutes, Snip arrived and sat down at his desk. Cadoxi began, while Snip was still organizing a few papers. "As you know, Snip, Elend does not know that I have this side business, and I believe if we want to profit from this for any extended period of time, we must keep it that way." He paused, "but I feel it only fair to inform you that you are protected under Elend's new laws of privacy for businesses. As long as you do not make it look like you are doing anything illegal, you can sell these shears at your will. I am running into problems with supply though, so you shouldn't expect more than about 40 pairs per size each week. At least not for the next few months. Does that make sense?" Cadoxi finished.

Snip nodded, he understood. When he had rebranded his chapter of the You reap what you sew and operated from the company, he'd had to do an in-depth read of the laws Cadoxi was talking about. They quite the interesting read, with many a loophole that the lawmakers were still trying to fix. A product of its times. In a way they all were. Almost no one had made it through the previous year without losing someone. For some it was their old life, for others it was simplicity. For him, well... He'd moved on. "Yes, I understand what we are doing is within the law. Now about the supply problem. I believe I may have a solution to remedy that. I have a contact hidden in the city, a former Cett sympathizer. He may know of the location of the hidden Cett weapon caches. Those should have the supplies you need, as well as allowing us to broaden our stock. I see him occasionally, and I'll get word to him asking if he knows anything."

@Cadmium Compounder

@A Joe in the Bush Would you be willing to rp Finn as this contact?
Edited by Snipexe
Added CadCom tag

21 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Snip nodded, he understood. When he had rebranded his chapter of the You reap what you sew and operated from the company, he'd had to do an in-depth read of the laws Cadoxi was talking about. They quite the interesting read, with many a loophole that the lawmakers were still trying to fix. A product of its times. In a way they all were. Almost no one had made it through the previous year without losing someone. For some it was their old life, for others it was simplicity. For him, well... He'd moved on. "Yes, I understand what we are doing is within the law. Now about the supply problem. I believe I may have a solution to remedy that. I have a contact hidden in the city, a former Cett sympathizer. He may know of the location of the hidden Cett weapon caches. Those should have the supplies you need, as well as allowing us to broaden our stock. I see him occasionally, and I'll get word to him asking if he knows anything."

@Cadmium Compounder

@A Joe in the Bush Would you be willing to rp Finn as this contact?

That would be fun. I'm down to do that.

Just now, A Joe in the Bush said:

That would be fun. I'm down to do that.

Sweet, thanks!

"I'll go ahead and send him a message" Snip stood up, walking back into the store proper. He walked over to the counter, where Dent was working, and drafted a simple message. 

F.S., 

I have a man, who is interested in acquiring some of the leftovers from your friends who moved away. If yes, where do you want me to send him?

S.E.

He walked out of the store, looking for a messenger. He saw a Skaa boy sitting in the street. "Lad, would you be willing to run a message to the red house, Canal Street, Hotel District?" The boy nodded, and Snip tossed him the message and 3 boxings. The lad dashed off as Snip returned to the store, and walked back to the private room. "When you come with the next shipment of shears, I'll let you know if the contact is interested."

@Cadmium Compounder

I’d like to quickly interject that I’m absolutely loving the RP from all of you, but especially what @xinoehp512, @Snipexe and @Cadmium Compounder are doing and the story they’re building. Also shoutouts to @Mailliw73, @Arraenae and @Lumgol for the considerable RP they’ve put out. You are all deserving of upvotes :) 

Also, as this game will start in three days’ time (72-ish hours), if you’re still on the fence about joining, please make a decision within that time. In particular, anyone who played LG41 and wants a second chance to avenge their defeat is more than welcome to join (thinking especially of @Sart, @MrakeDarshall and @manukos as the co-GM). Thanks to everyone that’s signed up already, and I hope to get this going in three days or so. :) 

Fynn Seidel sat at the window, peering out through the old curtains. There was lots of movement in the street below. None of it seemed suspicious, but then, if anyone experienced was after him, they wouldn't.

He didn't know who would be coming after him, but he had no shortage of enemies now. Elend would be after him, and Zane would probably kill him if he found him. Even Cett might decide to close loose ends. He had only a few contacts left, and fewer allies.

A boy rounded the corner, and began to weave through the crowd, heading towards his house. Fynn's hand drifted to the crossbow on the table next to him as he watched. No one seemed to be watching the boy, so it might just be a message. He stood, and slowly made his way downstairs, crossbow in hand. One of his swords leaned unsheathed next to the door, and he grasped it, aiming it at where the boy would be. Just in case.

Footsteps on the other door, and then a rapid knock. "Message for the Red House, Canal Street! Anyone home?"

Fynn put the sword down, and cracked open the door. "What's the massage?" 

The boy proffered forth a folded piece of paper, as well as an open empty hand. Fynn opened the door further, and dropped 3 boxings into one, amd grabbed the message. "Stay for a moment. I may need to send a reply."

"Of course sir."

Fynm closed the door and opened the paper.

F.S., 

I have a man, who is interested in acquiring some of the leftovers from your friends who moved away. If yes, where do you want me to send him?

S.E.

Interesting. He did have more weapons then he could use at the moment, and less money then he needed. And Snip had proven trustworthy last time they had worked together.

He carefully wrote out an affirmative, and a list of possible time the man could come. Things were looking up indeed.

"No, Heer, these scissors aren't for you, it's okay," Aname sighed, breath misting onto the shop window. She exited Snip's shop and wove through the gathering crowd, gait still sharp and hurried despite her lightened mood. Aname held out her fingers for the fluffy owl to land on. She smiled faintly as she scratched Heer Kilyal's head.

Softly, Aname spoke: "Look, I'd love to crash home today and I know you do too. It's cold, I get it. You must be real tired from flying around all day. But could you do me a favor and listen in on what's going on in the back room, with the shop owner?"

@Coop772

Edited by Lumgol
grammar

Snip showed Cadoxi to the door, and said, maybe a little too loudly, “I’m glad you’re happy with your suit, we’ll send it over as soon as possible.” Once the man left, he began to clean up the store. The sun was beginning to set, and his store didn’t serve the kind of patrons who were likely to be out after dark. Especially not in times like these. He folded up the satin, checking carefully moths, and was pleased to note that they had made some good sales. That was good. Maybe he would finally be able to import some velvet from the Eastern Dominance. Rumor had it that there the fabric market was alive and well out there. What he would do to get some velvet in a time like this. Someone knocked on the door, and he started. A customer? At this time? Walking to the door, he saw the young boy from early, holding a message. He grabbed the message, gave the boy another boxing, and read it. It was in the affirmative, and listed a time for them to come. It was before Cadoxi would make his next shipment. He opened the door again, looking for the boy. He was gone. By the ash, he would need to deliver a note to Cadoxi, but how? Suddenly he turned to Dal. No, too risky. The lad was a hard worker, and good with the fabric, but a little too nosy for his own good. He sighed, then turned to his assistant. “Sorry about making you run the shop for so long, you know how it is with these guardsmen. How did everything go?”

@xinoehp512