893 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

I am so, so sorry. I had a camping trip and didn’t have service, and I totally forgot to post about it. I should be able to be active from now on. Why are we voting for Lum?

Welcome back to the land of the living Snipexe! : )

This post explains why I am suspicious of Lum:

I redirected her to herself last night, however, there was no kill to redirect. As she knew I was redirecting her, she would have died if she had submitted the kill... Hence why there was no kill.

I have not been able to do a thorough reread of Lum's interactions as I was intending, however, if I am able to today, I will post what I find.

So, bear with me while I try to explain why I think Fura is elim.

Part 1

I'll say my weakest argument first. Although I never really trusted Maill this game, he did happen to be right. He suspected Steel and Devotary early on in the game, he told me that Rath was an elim the night during which he was killed, and that same night, Maill told me in PM's that he suspected Fura.

Part 2

Now, looking at PM's: When I told a few people what Fura's role is, Fura threatened to redirect the elim kill onto those people. Even though Fura stated later that that wasn't their actual plan (which I'll go into later), this threat implied that Fura knew who was going to submit the kill.

Fura stated later that they intended to redirect the kill onto whomever I mentioned to them. Why? Village!me wouldn't tell Fura's role to people who I think are evil. Elim!me would give Fura the names of some villagers to frame. Either way, there is no reason to suspect the people I mentioned to Fura for that reason alone.

Which brings me to my next point. CadCom was one of the people to whom I told Fura's role. CadCom died that night. What I gave Fura was a list of people who knew too much information and therefore needed to be killed.

Part 3

Early on in the game, Fura mostly just analyzed mechanics. I don't remember Fura ever starting or really spearheading a suspicion of someone early in the game. They were just lying low.

There's almost certainly only one elim left now. If it's Fura, Fura's probably on their own. With a large portion of the players cleared, Fura is one of the remaining people who hasn't really been cleared yet, so they need to deflect suspicion onto someone else. Namely myself. If Fura really suspected me for a while, why did they only suddenly mention it today? Fura's posts look less like genuine suspicion and more like a desperate framing attempt strongly based on the assumption that Fura is innocent.

Last night, the elim failed to submit a kill, obviously to frame me since it was openly stated that Fura was going to redirect the kill onto me. To that elim, keeping the suspicion on me is, for some reason, more important than killing another villager. With most players at least somewhat cleared, and Fura not being one of the cleared players, it must be especially important to keep me both alive and under suspicion. That, I think, is why no kill was submitted. It would benefit Fura in this situation to keep suspicion alive more than it would benefit Fura to actually get closer to outnumbering the village.

Conclusions?

The more I look into Fura this game, the more it makes sense for them to be elim. If you've been a less active player this game, I urge you to look at this post and put in some votes, whomever they may be for. Fura is certainly the most active player right now, and if little to none of the rest of the players vote, we'll have another mislynch and the person I most suspect as elim will be pretty much the only active player in the game. If you haven't voted or posted yet today, I urge you to come forward and vote for Fura.

Quick question before I vote, is the elim kill an action or is it separate?

2 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Quick question before I vote, is the elim kill an action or is it separate?

I don't think it says so in the rules. @Fifth Scholar, can you please clarify?

1 minute ago, Lumgol said:

I don't think it says so in the rules. @Fifth Scholar, can you please clarify?

It’s not in the rules, but it is in the clarifications. :P But to reiterate, the Eliminator kill is an action, yes. 

So I assumed it wasn't, so I actually have a few more questions:

What did Fura claim in thread/in pms regarding their role?

Have they proved their role? (this is related to the elim potential by the way)

1 minute ago, Snipexe said:

So I assumed it wasn't, so I actually have a few more questions:

What did Fura claim in thread/in pms regarding their role?

Have they proved their role? (this is related to the elim potential by the way)

Fura has claimed Rioter 2, and I've voted on them D3, thus scanning their role and it also came up as Rioter 2.

Data connection is inconsistant and I am at my theater. I can address everything Lum has said about me, some is just plain false, though her biggest arguements are good. but as I am running sound, I dont have time to address them.

The quickest response I can give is, if I am an elim, and I am casting suspicion on you, I wouldnt want you dead, as once you die, I am now a suspect. So I still would have submitted a kill to minimize the chance of getting lynched imidiately after you.  I also would be pushing for someone I dont think I will imidiately get lynched, as that way i have another turn before suspicion of me gets too high.

Hopefully this post makes sense as it is rushed.

That's all the time I have. I will try to be on before rollove

Also, I redirected stick to herself twice. That's how we caught stick. I saw she was smoked, claimed a role Zane had, then I forced her to attack herself.

3 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Also, I redirected stick to herself twice. That's how we caught stick. I saw she was smoked, claimed a role Zane had, then I forced her to attack herself.

This does not make you more village in any way. Elims have just as much motivation to go after Mistborn as the village.

4 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

The quickest response I can give is, if I am an elim, and I am casting suspicion on you, I wouldnt want you dead, as once you die, I am now a suspect. So I still would have submitted a kill to minimize the chance of getting lynched imidiately after you.  I also would be pushing for someone I dont think I will imidiately get lynched, as that way i have another turn before suspicion of me gets too high.

Exactly. You need to keep me suspected, but you also need to keep me around, which is why you didn't kill either me or anyone. Not killing anyone is the only choice for you, since it's the only option that both keeps me alive and suspected. As for pushing for someone who "won't immediately get lynched", how would you go about that? Would you, then, try to vote for someone who's been cleared? That would only make you more suspicious. As someone who's currently leading discussion, people will at least consider suspecting those who you suspect. Your arguments against me make sense. I don't think there's a way to cause suspicion on someone and just guarantee that people will keep them around nonetheless, unless the person you suspect is a cleared villager.

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

This does not make you more village in any way. Elims have just as much motivation to go after Mistborn as the village.

Exactly. You need to keep me suspected, but you also need to keep me around, which is why you didn't kill either me or anyone. Not killing anyone is the only choice for you, since it's the only option that both keeps me alive and suspected. As for pushing for someone who "won't immediately get lynched", how would you go about that? Would you, then, try to vote for someone who's been cleared? That would only make you more suspicious. As someone who's currently leading discussion, people will at least consider suspecting those who you suspect. Your arguments against me make sense. I don't think there's a way to cause suspicion on someone and just guarantee that people will keep them around nonetheless, unless the person you suspect is a cleared villager.

The last part (first part in your post) was for Snipexe. Going after the mistborn is NAI especially after they started killing elims.

That is very, very much 100% false. Why am I pushing for your lynch if I want you alive to soak up my suspicions? Killing anyone else would also have been possible? If I am an elim, why didnt I kill snipexe? HH? Coop? Straw? Snipexe is dangerous and HH and straw have shown they arent 100% inactive. Especially straw.

A no kill would have been better a cycle ago to avoid Coop getting cleared (hi @coop772 I see you). Coop was basically a guaranteed mislynch then.

Your logic makes no sense. Also, why are you pushing for my lynch in the one time over the entire week I cant properly respond? I put my suspicions of you out almost a week ago.

If we can get at least coop and another active villager, I will accept my lynch, but currently I am afraid we will lose the game to inactivity tonight with a mislynch.

Edited by Furamirionind

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

Killing anyone else would also have been possible? If I am an elim, why didnt I kill snipexe? HH? Coop? Straw? Snipexe is dangerous and HH and straw have shown they arent 100% inactive. Especially straw.

Submitting a kill onto anyone would have proven that I'm village, since if I were elim and sumbitted a kill and you redirected the kill onto me, I would have died.

3 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Also, why are you pushing for my lynch in the one time over the entire week I cant properly respond? I put my suspicions of you out almost a week ago.

I only really started to consider the possibility of you being elim a couple days ago, and since I was away yesterday, I could only take the time to formulate my suspicions today. My vote on you D3 was mostly out of paranoia rather than real suspicion.

5 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

If we can get at least coop and another active villager, I will accept my lynch, but currently I am afraid we will lose the game to inactivity tonight with a mislynch.

Did you just... out yourself? Implying that a lynch on me would be a mislynch? :blink:

26 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

Did you just... out yourself? Implying that a lynch on me would be a mislynch? :blink:

It looks like he's saying that if he is mislynched, the village will lose due to inactivity.

6 hours ago, Straw said:

It looks like he's saying that if he is mislynched, the village will lose due to inactivity.

That makes a LOT more sense.

Double post, but I'd like to point out that the votes are 2:1 on your side. The person who will be mislynched, if nothing else happens, is me.

If I'm lynched, we'll just have an elim and a bunch of inactive or slightly-active players (That's if Fura is indeed the elim). That looks like a losing situation for the village. The village will lose due to inactivity because of failing to step forward and look for the elim.

If Fura is lynched and flips elim, the village wins (unless there's another elim, which is unlikely). If Fura is lynched and flips village, well then... that won't be good at all, since that will make me look very suspicious and will cause not one but 2 mislynches. Regardless of the situation, however, "loss due to inactivity", per se, is much more likely if I am lynched and it is the situation that will cause my lynch, if any.

Hi All!  I exist! Fura!

2 minutes ago, Coop772 said:

Hi All!  I exist! Fura!

:o You exist!

I do! And given what I read, a Fura lynch seems the most safe for me, as a villager. 

Lum Sorry, but at this current time, the evidence against you seems stronger. If you are not an elim it seems obvious that Fura is.

The cycle is over. As usual, please PAFO to see if the game has concluded with it.