26 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

Did I really trust Maill though? I never trusted Maill in this game. When I made a deal with him, it was all about testing his role. I voted on him twice. AND, he wasn't even a villager.

I. literally. Have. Never. Said. In. This. Game. That. I. Trusted. Maill. Just because I PMed with him a lot does not mean I trusted him.

Why did you tell him my role then? I think that's enough on this matter...

Oh, also, you voting on and finding the Mistborn, in no way clears you from being an elim.

28 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

Also. Me not voting on Devotary was done for completely different reasons than not taking Maill's advice. For the village to win, the Mistborn have to be eliminated first. And yes, Maill knew information about who the remaining elims are. That is why I was trying to lynch Stick, not Maill.

Are you implying that you knew Devotary was Senn? Or at least, an elim?

30 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

As for roles: The elims already had a Seeker 2, an action scan role. That combined with Tineye 2 would consist of a disproportionate number of scanning roles.

Seeker 2 is a pretty dead role by itself. You need to have a second scanning role just to make it useable. Seeker 1, Tineye 2...

Also, why do you say 50% of the elims couldnt have scanning roles? I think that is completely reasonable. There are several types of scanning.

34 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

Look. Not only did I vote on Steel D3, I was one of the earlier votes and wrote up my reactions to every one of his posts up to D3. Bandwagoning on an ally to gain trust is one thing. The post I wrote about steel is a totally different realm.

You were the 4th vote on Steel... that's not early in any sense of the word. Also, Steel was one of the most suspected people in the game at that point. Bussing him is not unlikely in that scenario.

Honestly, my biggest doubt on your allignment, is how much I know Steel hates open flowing information. So he would be adament against you roleclaiming C1. But that doesnt significantly change my opinion.

38 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

I think the last remaining elim is Fura or Ark. For now, though, I'm voting Maill. The mistborn need to die first. But Fura or Ark still needs to die.

Why? Instead of acting all defencive, convince me Ark is the elim. Also, why do you think I am the elim?

3 minutes ago, Straw said:

Did anyone else get a mist whisper? Mine was short enough that I can't really paraphrase it. It didn't really make any sense and said it was from Senn.

I got it too. I think it's a message to the last elim, and therefore was likely sent out to everyone. I believe, Devotary isnt too happy with Lum's kill choice of Aman. I think that's what the message means.

8 hours ago, Lumgol said:

I think the last remaining elim is Fura or Ark. For now, though, I'm voting Maill. The mistborn need to die first. But Fura or Ark still needs to die.

Ok, that makes me really suspicious.

I'm also voting on Maill, because we'll lose if the mistborn kill the elims before we kill them.

But I don't see a good argument on either Fura or me, so I'm now suspicious that you are the last elim.

7 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Are you implying that you knew Devotary was Senn? Or at least, an elim?

Hadn't Devotary practically outed themselves?

7 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Why? Instead of acting all defencive, convince me Ark is the elim. Also, why do you think I am the elim?

I can't really say I'm suspicious of Ark per se, but it's more of him being an elim makes sense. He's been a lot more NAI than I remember him being in games before this one where he was village, and has been active enough to participate without doing that much analysis (although I'd say that's pretty normal for Ark). Him claiming Tineye 1 may very well be used to persuade people not to kill him because it would be closer to taking away PM's, and I can definitely see how it can be used to balance out the roles of Smoker/Seeker/Senn/Assassin.

As for Fura:

If I were elim, would I really have sent you the names of my teammates as the people I told?

No. I would have given you villager/mistborn names to frame.

Why, then, would you intend to redirect the kills onto them?

Edited by Lumgol

31 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

As for Fura:

If I were elim, would I really have sent you the names of my teammates as the people I told?

No. I would have given you villager/mistborn names to frame.

Why, then, would you intend to redirect the kills onto them?

Um, you didn't? You told me Maill(MB), CadCom(Village) and Elandera(Village). None of which are elims.

Correct. Which you did...

I never did intend to redirect the kills to them. On all my redirects this game (with the exception of last night), I have redirected players to themselves. I wanted you to give me the names of who you told so I could do damage control. I went and PMed them all to double check you were telling the truth.

41 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

Hadn't Devotary practically outed themselves?

No, she hadn't. I just double checked. This happened on D3, Devotary didn't out herself until D4.

Devotary heavily suggested that she was Conrad on D3 I believe. I could be off by a day, but it was the one before she was lynched. Or at least the night before. 

Getting lynched for winning for you sucks. :P can I join Elend again? 

Edited by Mailliw73

7 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Devotary heavily suggested that she was Conrad on D3 I believe. I could be off by a day, but it was the one before she was lynched. Or at least the night before. 

Yeah you are off by a day.
Devotary posts D3:

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/85159-long-game-55-disquiet/?do=findComment&comment=872911

Oops... That's a link... Ok then...

Then D4 she says this:

She is then lynched D5.

Gotcha. That’s what I was thinking of. Thanks for doing the research. 

Also, everyone might like to know that Devotary protected Fura the night before she was lynched. Do as you wish. 

Vin cried out to her love. “Elend, don’t let them kill me! I was only doing as you wished.” She had flirted with Zane, and thus a dark path of killing, but she was making her way back now. All she’d done was search for Elend’s enemies. That was all. But the Assembly didn’t get it. They thought she’d gone rogue. But without her and Zane, the Assembly would be ruined by now and the infiltrators would have won. 

I am at work right now, so progress is slow going, but I am currently rereading through Steel, Devotary, and Rath's interactions with other players.

But I felt I had to share this gem:

https://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/85159-long-game-55-disquiet/?do=findComment&comment=868901

Ironically now I'm playing the part of Seonid, my nemesis... well whatever.

Steel basically claims elim D1. xD

Their voting pattern is also super interesting. That’s how we found Rath. Their doc must’ve been quite the doc. 

Vin returned to the crowd. Head bowed, she apologized for all she’d done. Her lies. Her fake betrayal. Her kills. She begged them to remember her well, as a hero, one who took a dark path, but a hero who wanted to save the people of the city nonetheless. “Remember my fight for you. I won’t ask you to remember me as good, but I ask you not to remember me as evil either. Just as one to kill things.” First the Lord Ruler, now the infiltrators from Lekal. She’d now die, but it would be for the best; the city could now root out the last infiltrator. 

Maill.” Vin smiled wanly at the people in the square and Rioted them. Not as Laila would have done, with guilt, but with joy. With the feeling of glory, of accomplishment. These were her people. She didn’t like all of them, but she loved them all. Elend would take care of them. 

13 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Their voting pattern is also super interesting. That’s how we found Rath. Their doc must’ve been quite the doc. 

Vin returned to the crowd. Head bowed, she apologized for all she’d done. Her lies. Her fake betrayal. Her kills. She begged them to remember her well, as a hero, one who took a dark path, but a hero who wanted to save the people of the city nonetheless. “Remember my fight for you. I won’t ask you to remember me as good, but I ask you not to remember me as evil either. Just as one to kill things.” First the Lord Ruler, now the infiltrators from Lekal. She’d now die, but it would be for the best; the city could now root out the last infiltrator. 

Maill.” Vin smiled wanly at the people in the square and Rioted them. Not as Laila would have done, with guilt, but with joy. With the feeling of glory, of accomplishment. These were her people. She didn’t like all of them, but she loved them all. Elend would take care of them. 

Abe, a skaa in the crowd, applauded. 

The Day had broke in conflict, strife,

As voices loud their wills imposed, 

Till some, seeking to take a life,

Would kill, and then

The cycle closed. 

Night followed Day, the players knew

Yet certainty seemed distant, small, 

For though they were but a mere few, 

The troll GM

Would frustrate all. 

Dockson motioned his men forward, beckoning at them wordlessly to drift up to the deserted rooftop of Keep Lekal. Supposedly, the Mistborn had been using this as their lair the entire time they’d been in the city. Dockson was sceptical, but the fact remained that this Keep was Elend’s best shot at finding Vin. His Hazekillers followed silently, well trained to keep noise to an absolute minimum. He doubted it mattered much to one burning Tin—then again, he could easily check that through other means. 

Holding up a fist, and giving the Hazekillers time to form up behind him, Dockson peered from behind the parapet. Vin was there, kneeling on the cold stone. She looked to have been crying, and given her emotional speech earlier in the day, Dox could hardly blame her. His heart reached out to the poor skaa girl—she’d been so thoroughly mired in the political muck of Luthadel he feared she may never find her way out. Still, his orders were clear. He raised a hand quickly, and another one was quickly raised in acknowledgement on the other side of the rooftop. A deafening clang was heard, the tremor caused by a set of cymbals made specifically to disorient Tineyes, and as Vin cried out in shock and pain, falling to the floor, Dockson quickly moved his Hazekillers in around her. Shaking her head, she flicked the hair out of her eyes defiantly and stared up at the ring. “I suppose you’ve come to finish what you began earlier, then,” she sighed. “Well, make it quick.” 

“Quick?” Dockson was taken aback. “Vin, we’re here to bring you home!”

“Home where?” she retorted. 

“Home,” Dockson repeated. “To Elend, to Keep Venture. Where you’ll be safe from this madness. Safe from the political stupidity of this whole rusting city!” He kicked a coin Vin had presumably dropped, watching as it hopskipped over the ramparts and fell to the ground beneath. “This is the first time you can break free from us, when you’re not tied to anyone, aren’t obligated to anyone. Don’t you see, Vin? You, me, we were never meant to be politicians or leaders or anything else other than a crew working towards a goal. Let the nobility, let Elend deal with this madness, with the koloss. You need to rest from this.”

“I can’t, Dox,” she sighed. “I’m needed. Everywhere, and I can’t be everywhere. I thought...well, I thought Zane and I...could do something important here. That we could cleanse Luthadel of corruption. But...we missed the point. Dox, there’s a whole conflict outside even this mess...I can’t let up, can’t rest, as you put it.” She looked up, eyes red-rimmed. “The world needs me too much for any of that.”

“The world can wait, Vin,” Dox implored. “Please. Come back with me. If you won’t continue with Elend, I don’t care. Just come back. Perhaps the city needs you, but it needs to see you back with us, with Elend, if it wants to preserve hope these coming days.” He paused, looking into her eyes. “Please,” he repeated. 

Vin wavered. “They have Elend already,” she said. “Let them look to him as their guide. What do they want with me—a rogue, a skaa, a vigilante?”

“The Ascendant Warrior?” Dockson cut in. “The woman who slew the Lord Ruler, who saved this city once already? You’re a hero, Vin. But most importantly, you’re missed. The greatest service you can give Luthadel is to come back with us and regain your strength. You’ll accomplish nothing in this state.” He reached out his hand. 

Vin hesitated, a brief look of indecision etched onto her features, then reached out and grabbed it. “With you, then,” she answered gravely. “And there’ll be no returning this time.” 

Mailliw73 was lynched! He was Vin!

Vin possessed the item: OreSeur.

OreSeur: This Kandra allows the user to target one player each Night; the owner learns who their target performed their action on. Passive metals will not show up to this scan.

Vote Count:

Maill (5): Maill, Lum, Fura, Ark, Straw

Night 7 has begun! It will end in about 22-23 hours, on Thursday 6 June at 9 PM EDT (-4:00 UTC).

PMs remain open during the Night. Please abide by all restrictions on their use.

Good luck!

Player List:

1. Mailliw73 as Laila, a noblewoman whose pretentiousness is rivaled only by her disdain for Elend Vin

2. Elandera as Era, an old Terriswoman too stubborn to evacuate a ruined city Village Rioter 1

3. Lumgol as Aname Plees, a skaa representative of Elend wanting to fight Lekal

4. Furamirionind as Ford Prefect, a hidden, delusional researcher and author

6. Snipexe as Snip, a fabric cutter in the local quilt chain, Reap What You Sew

7. Araris Valerian as Hadrian Penrod, a versatile man with a versatile definition of mortality Village Soother 2

8. Xinoehp512 as Dedne, a depressed man working long hours at Reap What You Sew Village Smoker 1

9. Young Bard as Lethir, a man with self-confidence and an axe to grind Village Thug 1

10. Devotary of Spontaneity as Varuun, a Kandra given a second chance at accomplishing her goals Count Senn Conrad III

11. Arraenae as Needa Naime, a slightly oblivious girl who loves her mother The Librarian

12. Steeldancer as Zane the Mad, who likes singing about killing and death (normal?) Assasssin Smoker 1

13. Ark1002 as Abe, a skaa who knows his place within the established order of things

14. Rathmaskal as Doma, a recluse who spends her life making small wooden statues Eliminator Seeker 2; Spiked

15. Cadmium Compounder as Cadoxi, an armourer from House Venture fleeing Straff’s displeasure Village Thug 1

16. Hemalurgic Headshot as Makail, an unemployed skaa enjoying his free lifestyle

17. STINK as Jumae II, a colourful and enigmatic character Village Rioter 2

18. _Stick_ as Astick, an old man with a wooden leg that secretly contains vials of metal Zane

19. Straw as Oramen Hausk, a minor noble reduced to begging in the aftermath of the Lord Ruler’s fall

20. Adavantos as Ixiom Renaud, who believes that no supposition should be held as axiomatic Village Soother 1

21. Coop772 as Heer Kilyal II, a snowy owl struggling to escape extinction

22. Randuir as De’Tess, a Kandra given a second opportunityVillage Smoker 2

Aname Plees: Hey Ford you still around

Aname Plees: Mind making me kill myself tonight if I think about killing anybody? XD 

Ford Prefect: Sure thing, was planning on it. I’ll always take requests to redirect any murderous thoughts you might have : )

Ford Prefect: Btw where did everyone else go

Aname Plees: Dunno, maybe they’re asleep

Ford Prefect: Hey that’s not a bad idea : P

Ford Prefect: What could possibly go wrong with us all sleeping with at least one murderer trying to kill Elend lol

Aname Plees: Ikr 

Aname Plees: Well, I’m to bed. Night

Ford Prefect: Night

Aname Plees has left the chat

Ford Prefect: Fynn I see you lurking there. You can talk now

Ford Prefect: There’s nobody around but us lol

Ford Prefect: Fynn like seriously

Ford Prefect: All the Mistborn are dead now

Ford Prefect: are you gonna help Elend or what

Ford Prefect: FYNN

Fynn Seidel: I have nothing more to say to you. You all tried to kill Vin. You failed. So I’ll fail you until I get evidence you’ll stop working against me. You’ll see no more of me until later. 

Fynn Seidel has left the chat

Ford Prefect: ...okay then lol

Ford Prefect: Talk in the morning. Night all

Nobody was attacked. 

Day Eight has begun. This cycle will last the full 48 hours, until 9 PM EDT (-4:00 UTC) on Saturday 8 June. However, in an effort to speed the game along in its final stages, I am implementing the following rules modifications: 

1. I have been extremely lenient with my two-cycle inactivity filter. However, it’s too late in the game for people to be MIA—it takes away too much of the discussion that should be prevalent with smaller playercounts. As such, any player who does not post by the end of the Night turn will die. @Lumgol @Furamirionind @Snipexe @Ax's Boyfriend @Hemalurgic Headshot @Straw @Coop772 You have all been notified. Please remain active participants in discussion. And my thanks to Lum and Fura for actually bothering to comment on something last Night. :P 

2. If a majority of living players vote for it, I will shorten any Day turn by 24 hours. As such, this cycle may end at 9 PM EDT on Friday 7 June should the majority of you will it so.

Please remember that PMs, as always, are closed at Day.

Good luck to all. :) 

Player List: 

1. Mailliw73 as Laila, a noblewoman whose pretentiousness is rivaled only by her disdain for Elend Vin

2. Elandera as Era, an old Terriswoman too stubborn to evacuate a ruined city Village Rioter 1

3. Lumgol as Aname Plees, a skaa representative of Elend wanting to fight Lekal

4. Furamirionind as Ford Prefect, a hidden, delusional researcher and author

6. Snipexe as Snip, a fabric cutter in the local quilt chain, Reap What You Sew

7. Araris Valerian as Hadrian Penrod, a versatile man with a versatile definition of mortality Village Soother 2

8. Xinoehp512 as Dedne, a depressed man working long hours at Reap What You Sew Village Smoker 1

9. Young Bard as Lethir, a man with self-confidence and an axe to grind Village Thug 1

10. Devotary of Spontaneity as Varuun, a Kandra given a second chance at accomplishing her goals Count Senn Conrad III

11. Arraenae as Needa Naime, a slightly oblivious girl who loves her mother The Librarian

12. Steeldancer as Zane the Mad, who likes singing about killing and death (normal?) Assasssin Smoker 1

13. Ark1002 as Abe, a skaa who knows his place within the established order of things

14. Rathmaskal as Doma, a recluse who spends her life making small wooden statues Eliminator Seeker 2; Spiked

15. Cadmium Compounder as Cadoxi, an armourer from House Venture fleeing Straff’s displeasure Village Thug 1

16. Hemalurgic Headshot as Makail, an unemployed skaa enjoying his free lifestyle

17. STINK as Jumae II, a colourful and enigmatic character Village Rioter 2

18. _Stick_ as Astick, an old man with a wooden leg that secretly contains vials of metal Zane

19. Straw as Oramen Hausk, a minor noble reduced to begging in the aftermath of the Lord Ruler’s fall

20. Adavantos as Ixiom Renaud, who believes that no supposition should be held as axiomatic Village Soother 1

21. Coop772 as Heer Kilyal II, a snowy owl struggling to escape extinction

22. Randuir as De’Tess, a Kandra given a second opportunityVillage Smoker 2

Wow... it's kind if sad that Fifth was able to basically say exactly what happened over the entire previous turn in the writeup... like, those were almost litterally the words Lum and I used.

Also, is the response indicitave of a Joe response, or is that just flavor?

I meant to post more last turn, but I have spent most of today sleeping due to being sick.

Oh, thanks Fifth for tagging me as well. I might have forgotten to post otherwise. : P

---------------------

No one was attacked. I have checked everyone's profiles, and everyone save Snipexe and Coop were online last turn.

Coop was already hard cleared, and Snipexe publically implied Hazekiller and has claimed it in PMs. If anyone wants to counterclaim Snipexe, do so now.

Assuming Snipexe then is hardcleared, that means the elim intentionally failed to submit a kill. As Lum couldnt submit a kill, and due to my previous analysis on her, she is where my vote is.

Lumgol