20 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

I was kidding about the Coinshot. Well, I mean, I wouldn’t mind. But I don’t expect it. 

Huh. That’s an...interesting item. 

:P

The results seemed entirely based on chance. Two coins were flipped, both came up heads, which resulted on my vote being doubled. I'm curious what the other combos would do.

Welp. I wasn't around during rollover so I didn't vote for someone other than Stick because I wanted to keep it at a tie but then it wasn't a tie.

Well, Stick is confirmed Zane, so there's that.

I wrote this before rollover and didn't post it as I actually thought Stick would die. But rereading it, it reads way better being posted now. lol

Ford ran outside his house and saw a similar glint in the same location! Excited, he raced over, to see an angry Astick marching towards him.

Well, now was a good a time to die as any, Ford thought. Without his quills, how was he ever supposed to stand against the power of a full Mistborn?

As Astick approached, Ford contemplated his life. Ah, at a mere 200 years old, he had contributed greatly to the book he was researching for. He had discovered gods still unknown to the Cosmere. And he had learned to harness the power of words. Yet, without Arthur staring back at Ford in confusion, he felt nothing he did truly mattered. He could not rollover and wait for his death!

He grabbed a cinder-block and placed it, and ran backwards 20 paces. There! Maybe Astick would trip on it and go away!

Umm, Astick did, in fact, not trip on the cinder-block. And just walked around it.

"What have you done with my quills?!" Ford called out, "I know you stole them so that I would be unable to get you killed!"

@_Stick_

4 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Ford ran outside his house and saw a similar glint in the same location! Excited, he raced over, to see an angry Astick marching towards him.

Well, now was a good a time to die as any, Ford thought. Without his quills, how was he ever supposed to stand against the power of a full Mistborn?

As Astick approached, Ford contemplated his life. Ah, at a mere 200 years old, he had contributed greatly to the book he was researching for. He had discovered gods still unknown to the Cosmere. And he had learned to harness the power of words. Yet, without Arthur staring back at Ford in confusion, he felt nothing he did truly mattered. He could not rollover and wait for his death!

He grabbed a cinder-block and placed it, and ran backwards 20 paces. There! Maybe Astick would trip on it and go away!

Umm, Astick did, in fact, not trip on the cinder-block. And just walked around it.

Barely having survived the day, Astick approached the man - Ford - who had tried everything in his power to kill him. 

As Astick drew nearer though, he found that Ford had a particularly pensive look on his face...almost as if he were reminiscing about how at just 200 years old, he had contributed greatly to the book he was researching for, had discovered gods still unknown to the universe, and had learned to harness the power of words.

Weird man. 

Then, Ford made his move. He grabbed a nearby cinderblock and - ah. That trick won’t work on Astick any longer. Even so, as Astick approached the block, he couldn’t help but fear the immense power its kind had had over Astick in the past few weeks. He had to remind himself that the whole of Luthadel now knew of his true identity - Zane did not trip over things. 

So he walked around it. 

4 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

“What have you done with my quills?!" Ford called out, "I know you stole them so that I would be unable to get you killed!"

What? Why couldn’t Ford just accept Astick’s willingness to help him and the rest of Elend’s loyalists? What’s this talk about quills? Astick didn’t let his confusion show, though. Maybe he could use this. 

“Ah, yes,” Astick called back, “I indeed got you stripped of your greatest weapon - the mighty quills!”

“I will, however,” he continued, “return them safely to you if you agree to put our differences aside for a minute and just let me kill one of Lekal’s men tonight. It would be most preferable if you didn’t use your Zinc to mess with my head.”

————————-

6 hours ago, Elandera said:

I got an item a while back called "Alvron's Carpet" and finally got the chance to activate it today because I didn't need/want to use Rioting.

Ooooo fun

5 hours ago, Lumgol said:

Well, Stick is confirmed Zane, so there's that.

oh no my secrets 

24 minutes ago, Elandera said:

So you're the one who soothed a vote off Stick, and not Stick?

I got rid of Straw's vote on Stick, yeah :P

ED1T: Oh yeah. Somebody stole all the vowels in my name, so if anyone knows where they went that'd be great.

Edited by dvnts

It is once again entirely possible that I will not be around at 9 PM EDT sharp. However, as with last cycle, the turn will still end at that time irrespective of my presence or lack thereof. You should therefore strive to submit any actions before then, meaning you have a little less than six hours to finalise them.

9 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

“Ah, yes,” Astick called back, “I indeed got you stripped of your greatest weapon - the mighty quills!”

“I will, however,” he continued, “return them safely to you if you agree to put our differences aside for a minute and just let me kill one of Lekal’s men tonight. It would be most preferable if you didn’t use your Zinc to mess with my head.”

"How about you return them first?" Ford said hopefully, but as he said this, he saw another glint in the distance, and raced towards it instead.

When he arrived, he saw quills just floating in the air.

Facinating

Ford reached into his pocket for his notebook, opened it, and started to scribble down this new phenomenon.

Then he went to proof read whelat he had scribbled, and remembered he had no quills... Oops.

He reached up to grab one of the many floating quills, but his hand passed right through it.

The glint caught his eye again, and saw a vial of metals floating similarly, also incorporial.

They all started floating away.

Ford made chase.

--------------------

@Fifth Scholar are we supposed to RP our recovery of the items, or are we supposed to get close, and then you tell us if we got them or not?

As night fell, Doma waited.  She'd used the day to rest...and plan.  The Mist Spirit would be back soon, she was sure of it.  The Mist Spirit never left a victim unaccounted for, and Doma had survived for quite some time since the initial attack.  She was sure the fact that she'd moved to the city after the attack had confused the spirit for a time, but even more so, she was sure the spirit was confused by how she'd survived the initial attack.  What the Mist Spirit didn't know was that she could burn pewter.  That's how she'd survived when the Mist Spirit collapsed her house on her entire family, and that's how she'd destroy the Mist Spirit the next time it came back. 

Doma reached behind her chair and pulled out a new piece of wood to carve.  She didn't think about it; in fact, she didn't think about what she was carving most of the time, but she already knew as she picked up the piece of wood what it was going to be.  The owl.  Clearly the Mist Spirit had sensed her connection with the ivory owl.  She could use this one to draw it back in.  She knew every line on that owl and could recreate it without thinking.  She wasn't sure what her next move was, but she was pretty sure would be able to survive another attack from the spirit.  And if she was able to survive, maybe she could kill it as well.  And if she couldn't?  Well, she could always carve another owl and take another shot.

~~

Btw, I will be rather inactive over the weekend - going to be playing in an ultimate tournament all weekend.  Assuming I survive, I'll try to make sure I check in early morning, late evening, but I'll likely have a vote on Sunday morning that I won't have a chance to change.

Edited by Rathmaskal
Blue text

Vin slept. For the first time in days, she really, really slept. Saving Zane to kill Varuun during the day had drained her. Tonight, Zane would do all the hard work; she was safe burning iron as she slept to notify her if anyone came. 

That's really all the RP that Vin needs. :P

In her dreams, Vin dashed after the figure in the mist. She'd heard whispers for weeks, she'd seen someone directing her, and now this thing had stolen her favorite glass daggers. She Pushed off the boxing she dropped and launched up above the figure. It vanished just as she shot a coin toward it, reappearing a few buildings over. She ran and ran and ran and, typical of dreams, she never could catch up with the figure. They ran further than Luthadel should've extended, but, in that dream way, it all felt right that she could run for so long and never leave the city. The figure finally stopped and turned to her. Vin froze. As dreams often did, the figure morphed into something from her memories. Kelsier. The figure wore Kelsier's face and Vin couldn't move. The mist-Kelsier smiled viciously and stabbed toward her with her own dagger. 

Vin started awake, reaching for the daggers near her bed. Still there. It was just a dream. Kelsier was still dead. 

Edited by Mailliw73

2 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

The honorable 5th scholar wants me to tell you the turn is over.

Vin heard a whisper. More than a whisper really. This time it sounded like someone was actually talking in her ear. 

Era bent, aching at every joint, and knelt at the foot of one of her beloved plants. Water cupped in her hands carefully, she poured it gently onto the brown leaves, watching as they gratefully soaked in the moisture. She scowled. Not only had the Lord Ruler messed up her plants, converting them from green to brown, but now a spirit from the mists themselves had made off with her watering can. This was her solution until a new one could be procured—with Luthadel in the state it was, she suspected it could be a while. No matter. She had outlived old age, attacks from Spiked, the burning of her city. She would survive this as well. Reaching into the bucket at her side again and dousing her hands in the cool water, she felt a light tap on the shoulder. 

Spinning, she prepared to tap a concealed Pewter metalmind, but the mist spirit simply drew itself away from her, gazing at her curiously. In its hand, it held her silver watering can, and it gazed at Era with a bemused expression on its face. Feeling a surge of relief and joy, Era took the can with trembling hands, then let out a loud whoop of joy, uncharacteristic of her advanced years. Flicking some of the water at the spirit, which recoiled, she set out to the rest of her watering with a renewed vigour and joy. A small miracle, but the first she may have witnessed in decades. 

Then two figures descended on her deserted field. 

The first came walking, a long spear in his hand. He was garbed like a soldier, yet oddly carried a variety of small wooden statues at his hip. Their carved faces and forms stared at Era as the rarely seen Doma approached her at a constant speed, in no particular hurry. Era frowned. “Is something wrong, Doma?”

“Yes, he answered simply. “My master has ordered your death.” Raising the spear, he slammed it into Era’s chest, and her eyes widened as she hit the dirt row in between her vegetables, tapping Pewter in a desperate attempt to gain the vitality she needed to fight the wound. “Do not...disturb my plantings...” she sputtered as her breath began to leave her. “Had enough...gardens ruined...by callous fools...” Her voice trailed into nothingness as she slowly slipped into unconsciousness, unable to recover from the initial shock of her wound. Doma regarded her for a second, and then gently moved her head off a small lettuce. She had deserved better. Still, orders were orders, and he did not have to like them to execute them. 

The second figure came flying, a small clip hitting the hardpacked earth as a trailing dark form appeared against the rising sun. Zane. Doma’s heart seethed with rage as the Mistborn descended, and he threw his spear at the flying Mistborn, seeking to impale him. Of all the places for that Mistborn to find him!

Suddenly, the Mistborn changed course. Snatching Doma’s spear out of the air and twirling it around, he suddenly Pulled himself toward Doma, spear extended. The two hit the ground, Doma first, Zane’s weight driving his sturdy iron-tipped spear through his heart. As the man gurgled and choked, his life failing him, Zane stood and regarded the neatly planted rows around him, moving Doma’s body, which had fallen in a row of the hardened dirt which Era used as a path, into a more parallel position with the garden. He studied his nemesis’ face for another brief moment, then dropped another coin, soaring back towards the heart of the besieged city. Behind him, a garden stood untouched by the ravages of two conflicts—yet as their blood watered the soil under which they lay, the presence of Era and Doma was already departing that sacred place, leaving for other realms, and the protective hand of the gardener and the calloused hand of the soldier, both shielding and supporting in their own ways, would be gone perhaps forever.

Elandera was attacked and killed! She was a Elend’s Loyalist Rioter 1!

Rathmaskal was attacked and killed! He was a Subordinate Seeker 2 with an Inserted Hemalurgic Spike!

Hemalurgic Spike: While a player holds this item, they may choose to Insert, Remove, or Pass the spike. While the Spike is inserted, the user gains the passive abilities of Thug 2 and Tineye 1, but cannot be Smoked. The extra life from Thug 2 may only be used once.

Day 6 has begun! It will end in about 46-47 hours on Sunday 2 June at 9 PM EDT (-4:00 UTC).

Please remember that PMs remain closed during the Day.

There will be a lynch today, with no vote minimum required to kill.

Good luck!

Player List:

1. Mailliw73 as Laila, a noblewoman whose pretentiousness is rivaled only by her disdain for Elend

2. Elandera as Era, an old Terriswoman too stubborn to evacuate a ruined city Village Rioter 1

3. Lumgol as Aname Plees, a skaa representative of Elend wanting to fight Lekal

4. Furamirionind as Ford Prefect, a hidden, delusional researcher and author

6. Snipexe as Snip, a fabric cutter in the local quilt chain, Reap What You Sew

7. Araris Valerian as Hadrian Penrod, a versatile man with a versatile definition of mortality Village Soother 2

8. Xinoehp512 as Dedne, a depressed man working long hours at Reap What You Sew Village Smoker 1

9. Young Bard as Lethir, a man with self-confidence and an axe to grind Village Thug 1

10. Devotary of Spontaneity as Varuun, a Kandra given a second chance at accomplishing her goals Count Senn Conrad III

11. Arraenae as Needa Naime, a slightly oblivious girl who loves her mother The Librarian

12. Steeldancer as Zane the Mad, who likes singing about killing and death (normal?) Assasssin Smoker 1

13. Ark1002 as Abe, a skaa who knows his place within the established order of things

14. Rathmaskal as Doma, a recluse who spends her life making small wooden statues Eliminator Seeker 2; Spiked

15. Cadmium Compounder as Cadoxi, an armourer from House Venture fleeing Straff’s displeasure Village Thug 1

16. Hemalurgic Headshot as Makail, an unemployed skaa enjoying his free lifestyle

17. STINK as Jumae II, a colourful and enigmatic character Village Rioter 2

18. _Stick_ as Astick, an old man with a wooden leg that secretly contains vials of metal

19. Straw as Oramen Hausk, a minor noble reduced to begging in the aftermath of the Lord Ruler’s fall

20. Adavantos as Ixiom Renaud, who believes that no supposition should be held as axiomatic

21. Coop772 as Heer Kilyal II, a snowy owl struggling to escape extinction

22. Randuir as De’Tess, a Kandra given a second opportunityVillage Smoker 2

55 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Rathmaskal was attacked and killed! He was a Subordinate Seeker 2 with an Inserted Hemalurgic Spike!

Ooooo

Spoiler

If I had to guess an ally was trying to save him, I think Rath is at the top of my list for what I remember of his D1 play. Specifically, him laying a vote on me when I was the last person not to post, but not at all putting any meat into it. Because of that first fact, I believe it was one of the latest, if not the last, poke vote, which makes me think he could have been an elim doing whatever to look like he's participating, but not really putting his neck out there to push another candidate closer to the lynch.

Honestly it's nothing damning. Villagers do it too. But given your placement on the Rae bandy, I could see it being another piece of evidence toward you not seeking elims (due to being one yourself). I also automatically assume every Straw lynch ends in him being a villager, so that's not really helping my feelings toward you, either :P. That said, I'll go ahead and read all your posts before I vote. Going to see if I can have another game of voting on elims only (Zane and Vin included).

Very happy to see my gut and patented people-who-vote-straw-are-evul assumptions validated. TY very much Stick. Sorry that we kinda need to lynch you now and stuff.

ED1T:

• (1) _Stick_: dvnts

ED2T:

To make everyone's lives easier going forward, if future voters can end their posts with a vote count like I did above, I will love you forever ^_^

Also going to bed now. Good day / night peoples

Edited by dvnts

Well, this is annoying.

Maill said he told Elandera who the (I'm guessing) last remaining elim is. Now Elandera is dead.

Stick. There may very well only be one elim remaining, and we don't want them killed during the night, making the Mistborn win.

Ok, while I still think the right thing to do was to kill Stick yesterday in the lynch, this means today we lynch Stick, tomorrow we lynch Maill, and then we are left 5-0-1.

Maill was talking to me in PMs yesterday about there potentially being 5 starting elims, but the existence of a Thug 2 elim basically guarantees there only being 4. Just a heads up, Maill is going to try to talk his and Stick's way out of this lynch, again, and this time we can't let them.

Now analysis on the Mistborn is 100% done. Time to work out who the final elim is. (Also just a heads up, I am running sound for my theater this weekend as well, so I will be minimally active over the weekend. After that I will have time)

46 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

Well, this is annoying.

Maill said he told Elandera who the (I'm guessing) last remaining elim is. Now Elandera is dead.

Did he not tell you as well?

Stick

4 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Did he not tell you as well?

Last night, he told me that Rath was elim. This knowledge is now useless because Rath is dead. He didn't tell me who the 4th elim was, and he said he'd told Elandera.

Edited by Lumgol
added a sentence

Come on Fura, don’t ruin the fun. My biggest supporter already died(thanks Rath...), so now I already have to work harder. Warnings don’t help anyone. 

Did you think I’d actually give you guys all the info we had? What would be the point of that? 

Also, why did you elims never kill Lum? That would’ve made my life so much easier. 

Alas, now life is not worth living. Maill

• (3) _Stick_: dvntsLumgolFuramirionind,
  • (1) Mailliw73Mailliw73,
4 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

Come on Fura, don’t ruin the fun. My biggest supporter already died(thanks Rath...), so now I already have to work harder. Warnings don’t help anyone. 

Did you think I’d actually give you guys all the info we had? What would be the point of that? 

Also, why did you elims never kill Lum? That would’ve made my life so much easier. 

Alas, now life is not worth living. Maill

Interesting. I don't really see a point in killing Vin at all though. Given Kelsier's existence, it seems feasible for you two to win with us? Maybe?

2 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

K guys so I actually started off with 3 lives you can’t get rid of me

I prefer "fulfill our duty as villagers" over "get rid of you", since it makes things less personal. Terminology aside, we gotta start somewhere.

ED1T:

Also isn't the last elim obviously Coop?

Edited by dvnts