19 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

And Devotary is definitely on the table. As you can see, a good portion of the village wants to lynch her. At least one of which is the only confirmed good player we have. 

Why are you so passionate about saving Devotary? It doesn’t make sense. I’ve begun to suspect you more and more the last day or two, but I don’t get it. Why? You’re protecting her at least as much as I did Stick. 

To your 3rd, I’ll reveal that to selected villagers at the end of the night. But now I won’t. Sorry if that doesn’t let you trust me. But logically, it doesn’t make sense for there to only be 3 original elims and 2 Mistborn and Kelsier and a Marsh(?).  

1. I assume you are talking about Elandera. And just because she is confirmed good, doesn't mean her analysis can't be wrong.

2. The safest way to win is to kill Devotary tomorrow. I'm not protecting her from the lynch, I am protecting the village from your night kill... If we were to give each faction a percentage of winning right now, the village already has the greatest percentage. However, until Stick is dead, the MB still have a percentage. Once she dies, that's a faction essentially out of the game.
Also, I'd have to be an idiot to try to hard defend Devotary after she outed herself as an elim. Stick was still pretending to be a Seeker.

3. While in this situation I would normally defer to someone who has experience being a GM, That only works if the GM is village aligned. Sorry. : /

Edit: Also, it would make sense for there to be 3 original elims if they had vote manip and/or extra lifes.

Edited by Furamirionind

1 hour ago, Furamirionind said:

@Lumgol voting on Devotary is pointless. if you get a chance, could you vote on Elandera? I have a paranoid (ok, a really paranoid) theory I would like checked : )

Any chance to share what the theory is? 

Look. If we lynch Devotary, we'll still have both an elim kill and a MB kill. Lynching Zane will provide more of a direct benefit to the village. Vin will still be alive to communicate with Kelsier and/or tell us people's roles or who the elims are. Although I see some reasons why it might be good to lynch Devotary first, Stick just seems like a much better choice to me.

That said, if I'll switch my vote, it will definitely be on someone other than Devotary. Probably someone who hasn't survived a night kill (since there's almost definitely 4 elims and having a Coinshot 2 or Thug 2 as one of them would likely be a bit overpowered), so Rath, Straw, and HH are out. If I also leave out all the people that I've voted on before (Maill, Fura, and Joe), That leaves Elandera, Adavantos, Coop, Snipexe, and Ark.

Sooo, this is a fun conversation.  Maill, if you know who the elims are, why did you just post this?

1 hour ago, Mailliw73 said:

Why are you so passionate about saving Devotary? It doesn’t make sense. I’ve begun to suspect you more and more the last day or two, but I don’t get it. Why? You’re protecting her at least as much as I did Stick.

Given how adamant you are about knowing who the elims are, I'd think 'suspect' shouldn't be in your vocabulary?

19 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

That said, if I'll switch my vote, it will definitely be on someone other than Devotary. Probably someone who hasn't survived a night kill (since there's almost definitely 4 elims and having a Coinshot 2 or Thug 2 as one of them would likely be a bit overpowered), so Rath, Straw, and HH are out. If I also leave out all the people that I've voted on before (Maill, Fura, and Joe), That leaves Elandera, Adavantos, Coop, Snipexe, and Ark.

Where did you get that there is almost certainly 4 elims? A Rioter elim would work with there being 3. As would a Thug 2. I find a Lurcher or Coinshot 2 unlikely as it doubles up with Conrad, but Thug 2 doesn't double up as it protects from both Lynch and NK.

19 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

Any chance to share what the theory is? 

Umm, I think I'll tell you tonight. PMs are nice.

Edited by Furamirionind
oops, I don't want to go into my theory in-thread

34 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

Sooo, this is a fun conversation.  Maill, if you know who the elims are, why did you just post this?

Given how adamant you are about knowing who the elims are, I'd think 'suspect' shouldn't be in your vocabulary?

What Stick said. And on the off chance there are more than 4 original elims, then that’s what I’m starting to be paranoid of. 

Lum, you’re right that killing Zane reduces a kill. Problem is, the village wants a kill so they can kill the elims tonight. 

If I counted the votes correctly, Stick and Devotary should be tied at the moment. Now, I could leave it at a tie (potentially rendering my scan useless) or vote on someone other than Stick or Devotary. Although I have stated before that I would rather have Stick lynched, Devotary, as an outed elim, wouldn't be a bad choice either. So someone else it is. Now the question is who to scan.

Wow, you guys talk a lot. Good!

Lum's correct. The votes are tied:

Stick (5) -  Devotary, Lum, Straw, Rath, Fura
Devotary (5) - HH, Stick, Ela, Maill, Ada

We could always just agree to keep it that way, and promise no vote manipulations, so we can just lynch them both :P. I'll be keeping my vote on Devotary for now, though, since I do believe 5 is enough to avoid an elim hammer.

4 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Wow, you guys talk a lot. Good!

We could always just agree to keep it that way, and promise no vote manipulations, so we can just lynch them both :P. I'll be keeping my vote on Devotary for now, though, since I do believe 5 is enough to avoid an elim hammer.

Thanks, I was just trying to make a vote count.

Elandera, you know what else is able to avoid a hammer? 6! 6 votes is enough to avoid a hammer! Join us on Stick!

Do you disagree with what I am saying, or are you just ignoring me? Devotary is a bad lynch until after Stick is dead.

The best scenario is to keep it a tie, and have both die. But that leaves it to luck.
Therefore, the best strategy is to lynch Stick, then lynch Devotary.

Edit: @Lumgol In a tie lynch, each player has a 50% chance to die. At least 1 will die, perhaps both.

Edited by Furamirionind

1 minute ago, Lumgol said:

Wait we can actually lynch both of them??? That would work!

Yup. Tied lynches end with all candidates dead.

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

Do you disagree with what I am saying, or are you just ignoring me? Devotary is a bad lynch until after Stick is dead.

I'm not ignoring it, but I do feel we have a few options that make the prospects not quite so bad. You'll just have to trust me on this one, and I'll try to explain better tonight.

The part I can explain is that leaving the vote count this close would force some hands. We still haven't see proof of elim vote manipulation. Leaving it close or at a tie might force their hand in order to save one of their most important roles.

I'm honestly okay with either Stick or Devotary being lynched. I'm interested to see what happens if we leave things where they are.

Just now, _Stick_ said:

What

That is literally what I have been saying this entire turn. Lol

1 minute ago, Elandera said:

I'm not ignoring it, but I do feel we have a few options that make the prospects not quite so bad. You'll just have to trust me on this one, and I'll try to explain better tonight.

hmm

1 minute ago, Elandera said:

I'm honestly okay with either Stick or Devotary being lynched. I'm interested to see what happens if we leave things where they are.

Ok... I don't think... I will. I don't... you can't...

I'll just pretend you didn't make that sentence, and I will focus on the one I quoted above. Lol

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

Ok... I don't think... I will. I don't... you can't...

I'll just pretend you didn't make that sentence, and I will focus on the one I quoted above. Lol

:P What I mean is that I don't plan on using my own vote manipulation (unless I see a last-minute Elend hammer, then I'll step in and try to stop it). But I am curious to see what other manipulation might happen.

12 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Yup. Tied lynches end with all candidates dead.

Note quite true:

There is no vote minimum to lynch. In a tied lynch, each player has a 50% chance of death, but at least one person will die.

That's from the rules page.  SO, there's a chance they both die, but there's a chance only one dies.

19 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Devotary is a bad lynch until after Stick is dead.

12 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

What

What I'm getting out of this, and I thought it was explained fairly well, is that if there are only 2 elims remaining (3 with Steel obviously) and you know who they are, by lynching Devotary, we're giving the MB a free win.

With that, I'm leaving my vote on Stick.  Tomorrow I will vote for Devotary.

Edit: Oh, for some reason my page didn't refresh to show most of that was responded to.  Sorry.

Edited by Rathmaskal

4 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

if you get a chance, could you vote on Elandera? I have a paranoid (ok, a really paranoid) theory I would like checked : )

Paranoid theories are great! For instance, did you know that if Zane dies before Vin, Elend becomes an Unstable Mistborn that we'll have to kill? 

3 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

We didn’t say the village can’t pull it off without us, just that it’d be easier and quicker if we help.

Why? As Maill said, we want to get the elims lynched just like you guys, so I don’t see why we won’t tell you.

Which is why we’re trying to get Devotary lynched? The elims wont have any protection on them once Conrad is out of the picture. And why would I target a villager? I’m not an elim :P 

What happened to going full blown elim? As near as I can figure, the only way you could win with three elims still alive is if an elim kill is redirected to sender via a Thug 1 or a Rioter 2. Otherwise, it doesn't matter if you can kill two elims this cycle, as you and Maill will be the next two lynches. I suppose I did promise to kill Maill if Stick was lynched today, so there may be a bit too much animosity between us.

56 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Tied lynches are exciting, especially tied lynches where both parties have a chance to die. Alv is apparently showing blatant favouritism towards the SKs, so I think I'll lose this one. Stick probably won't even need to use Soother 2 to stay alive.

10 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

Ah, you subscribe to the weird backwards Joe way? What about tradition? :P

I do it the weird backwards Joe way when GMing because it saves time. :P 

The cycle is closed! Stand by for rollover. Aftermath should be up in an hour or two. But only the aftermath of this lynch.

Now when it was known that Zane had escaped from their grasp once again and pursuit was unavailing, Elend’s Loyalists remained long seated in darkness in the quiet of their rooms; but the Subordinates for the most part returned to their plots and mourned for the lost opportunity. Through the dim alleys of Luthadel mists drifted in from outside the city walls and mantled the storefronts, and the lamps and torches of many men began burning pale against the gloom of the setting sun. 

Then suddenly Senn Conrad appeared in the city and called on all to come to the courtyard of Keep Venture upon the summit of its highest turret; but the doom of banishment and exile that had been laid on him by Elend was not lifted, and he openly defied the Loyalists. The multitude gathered swiftly, therefore, to hear what he would say; and the turret and all the passages and walls of the Keep were lit with the light of many torches that each one bore in hand. Conrad was a master of words, and his tongue held great power over hearts when he would use it; and that night he made a speech to the Loyalists which they ever remembered. Fierce and fell were his words, and full of frustration and pride; and hearing them the Loyalists were stirred to madness. His wrath and his hate were given the most part to Astick, and yet it was with him and from him that well nigh all the words which issued from his mouth had their ultimate source; but he was distraught from grief from the slaying of his companion, and with anguish from the loss of his quartzite skull. He claimed now the leadership of all the Subordinates now that Zane the Mad was dead, and he scorned the decrees of Elend. 

“Why, O people of Luthadel,” he cried, “why should we serve the jealous Elend, who cannot keep us nor even his own city safe from the ravages of Mistborn? And though he be now their foe, was not his date and Zane of one kin? Vengeance calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kindred of my comrade’s slayer and of the thief of my treasure. Yet I am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have not all ye lost a friend to this war? And what else have ye not lost, being cooped up in a narrow city between Straff Venture’s horde and an army of koloss?” 

“Here once was life, which Elend begrudged to Scadrial, but now death levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless for ever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain arrows on an innumerable horde? Or shall we return to our lives? In Luthadel under the Lord Ruler ran sweet the flow of free commerce through plains unclouded with armies. Wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still, awaiting us who in our folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city and police its laws!” 

Long he spoke, and ever he urged the Loyalists to follow him and by their own prowess kill Astick and win great valour with the forces of Lekal. Yet recalling their separate callings Astick and Laila his supporter therefore spoke against Conrad, and fierce words awoke, so that wrath came to the edge of swords. Divided into two camps, the Loyalists arose; but though the split had seemingly been even, the influence of a few voices, spoken in underhanded tones in choice words, would prove the deciding factor. Conrad was therefore stripped of his vials of metal, and forced to burn aluminum in preparation for his execution, on the outskirts of the keep, there to throw him down from the sheer walls of the city. And Astick stood by and said nothing; but at the last Conrad cried out: “So you forsake your city and your kin, ill-gotten fiend! Here shall you fail of all your hopes, and here may you yet die the same death as I.”

Then they cast Conrad over the walls of the Keep, and so he ended. 

Devotary of Spontaneity was lynched! She was Count Senn Conrad III!

Vote Count:find it now?

Devotary (6): Maill, Elandera, HH, Stick, Ada

Stick (4): Lum, Fura, Devotary, Rath, Straw

Night 5 has begun! It will end in about 22-23 hours on Friday 31 May at 9 PM EDT (-4:00 UTC).

You have one more turn to find your items before they’re lost forever to the Hostile Mist Spirit.

PMs remain open during the Night. Please continue to abide by all restrictions on their use.

Good luck!

Player List:

1. Mailliw73 as Laila, a noblewoman whose pretentiousness is rivaled only by her disdain for Elend

2. Elandera as Era, an old Terriswoman too stubborn to evacuate a ruined city

3. Lumgol as Aname Plees, a skaa representative of Elend wanting to fight Lekal

4. Furamirionind as Ford Prefect, a hidden, delusional researcher and author

6. Snipexe as Snip, a fabric cutter in the local quilt chain, Reap What You Sew

7. Araris Valerian as Hadrian Penrod, a versatile man with a versatile definition of mortality Village Soother 2

8. Xinoehp512 as Dedne, a depressed man working long hours at Reap What You Sew Village Smoker 1

9. Young Bard as Lethir, a man with self-confidence and an axe to grind Village Thug 1

10. Devotary of Spontaneity as Varuun, a Kandra given a second chance at accomplishing her goals Count Senn Conrad III

11. Arraenae as Needa Naime, a slightly oblivious girl who loves her mother The Librarian

12. Steeldancer as Zane the Mad, who likes singing about killing and death (normal?) Assasssin Smoker 1

13. Ark1002 as Abe, a skaa who knows his place within the established order of things

14. Rathmaskal as Doma, a recluse who spends her life making small wooden statues

15. Cadmium Compounder as Cadoxi, an armourer from House Venture fleeing Straff’s displeasure Village Thug 1

16. Hemalurgic Headshot as Makail, an unemployed skaa enjoying his free lifestyle

17. STINK as Jumae II, a colourful and enigmatic character Village Rioter 2

18. _Stick_ as Astick, an old man with a wooden leg that secretly contains vials of metal

19. Straw as Oramen Hausk, a minor noble reduced to begging in the aftermath of the Lord Ruler’s fall

20. Adavantos as Ixiom Renaud, who believes that no supposition should be held as axiomatic

21. Coop772 as Heer Kilyal II, a snowy owl struggling to escape extinction

22. Randuir as De’Tess, a Kandra given a second opportunityVillage Smoker 2

Edited by Fifth Scholar
Wars=/=Words. At least not yet

37 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

You had me worried when you said "aftermath" when you closed the turn. Luckily, the game isn't over yet.

Read the white text in that announcement. 

12 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Heh, no wonder the hazekiller didn’t work

Well, you could always give your friendly neighborhood Vin some Coinshot 1 abilities. 

16 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Heh, no wonder the hazekiller didn’t work

When did you target her with Hazekiller? That would have been good information early, as only two people would have returned with that kind of result (depending on chance).

Also, please don't give Maill any Coinshot abilities... despite how zinctongued he might be.

Regarding the vote count, sorry. I accidentally did some vote manipulation. I got an item a while back called "Alvron's Carpet" and finally got the chance to activate it today because I didn't need/want to use Rioting. Turns out that by chance, it doubled my vote. Not that it would have mattered, as Zane apparently soothed away a vote.