1 minute ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I count votes backwards, not forwards, therefore retractions are only necessary should you wish to cast no vote at all after having previously voted. 

Ah, you subscribe to the weird backwards Joe way? What about tradition? :P

I did remove my vote from Stick a few posts before voting on Devotary, so recanting is a moot point in this particular instance.

Vote count:

Stick (5) - Fura, HH, Rath, Straw, Lum
Devotary (3) - Adavantos, Maill, Elandera

I'm going to leave my vote where it is for the moment, but I do need to sleep. I'll be back on before rollover to see if anything has changed.

One thing I will be considering when it comes to where my vote ends up is the number of votes. It's quite likely the elims will all be voting on Stick (with maybe one on Devotary for distancing). If there aren't enough votes on Devotary, or independent votes on Stick, we could be facing a last-minute elim hammer.

I don't plan to let that happen, as I see at this point a lynch on either Stick or Devotary would benefit the village greatly. I do, however, see more potential benefit from working with the Mistborn for now.

This is what happens when you don't do enough post editing I guess. I also forgot the update option 1 with the offer to kill Maill tonight. @Mailliw73, @_Stick_, at this point the only fair thing to do is for you to announce the elim team, and for the village to decide who they trust. I can throw in my vote for Stick at this point. I'll be around to answer questions periodically throughout the day.

Just now, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

This is what happens when you don't do enough post editing I guess. I also forgot the update option 1 with the offer to kill Maill tonight. @Mailliw73, @_Stick_, at this point the only fair thing to do is for you to announce the elim team, and for the village to decide who they trust. I can throw in my vote for Stick at this point. I'll be around to answer questions periodically throughout the day.

Fair? Why would this game be fair? If it were supposed to be fair like that, Fifth would’ve started the game with everyone’s Alignments known. 

1 hour ago, Adavantos said:

(3) Devotary of SpontaneityAdavantosMailliw73Elandera

Thanks guys, much appreciated! 

An elim team with 4 players makes more sense than 3 because unlike us, the elims have two factions to deal with (village and MB) so starting off with 4 elims seems to be more suited to their wincon.

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

(with maybe one on Devotary for distancing)

With the vote count so close, I doubt it. But I guess we’ll see what happens. 

Devotary

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

It's quite likely the elims will all be voting on Stick (with maybe one on Devotary for distancing).

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

With the vote count so close, I doubt it. But I guess we’ll see what happens. 

Devotary

InZane plot twist: I'm an eliminator using this opportunity to get on the Mistborn's good side. No one would ever suspect me. Bwahahaha.

Also sorry Rath, I just didn't see your vote. My bad.

• (6) _Stick_FuramirionindHemalurgic_HeadshotRathmaskalStrawLumgolDevotary of Spontaneity
  • (4) Devotary of SpontaneityAdavantosMailliw73Elandera_Stick_,

9 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

InZane plot twist: I'm an eliminator using this opportunity to get on the Mistborn's good side. No one would ever suspect me. Bwahahaha.

Not a bad strategy :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

the elims have two factions to deal with (village and MB)

Forgot to mention Joe here. None of his apparent wincons are compatible with the elims’.

2 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

There’s literally no reason for you to vote for Stick. You should vote for Devotary to scan if she’s Conrad if Stick is being lynched. If we lynch Devotary, then you can scan whoever.

Now, if the lynch on Stick solidifies, I'll definitely vote for someone else to scan them. However, the lynch is close and I'd rather not kill Devotary yet at this point, as they might still be able to give us clues later on about who the other elims are. If it comes to a tie, I'll keep my vote, and if Stick is clearly in the lead, I'll vote for someone else.

10 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

However, the lynch is close and I'd rather not kill Devotary yet at this point, as they might still be able to give us clues later on about who the other elims are.

As an outed elim, Devotary is going to be super careful about every word they say from now on so it’s very unlikely that you’ll learn something new from their posts. If anything it’ll get even more misleading. What can be done is analysis of their previous posts for clues about the rest of the team. 

14 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

Now, if the lynch on Stick solidifies, I'll definitely vote for someone else to scan them. However, the lynch is close and I'd rather not kill Devotary yet at this point, as they might still be able to give us clues later on about who the other elims are. If it comes to a tie, I'll keep my vote, and if Stick is clearly in the lead, I'll vote for someone else.

We also can tell you who the elims are, so that’s kinda pointless. 

25 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

An elim team with 4 players makes more sense than 3 because unlike us, the elims have two factions to deal with (village and MB) so starting off with 4 elims seems to be more suited to their wincon.

In LG41, there were 13 villagers, 3 elims, and 1 Mistborn, and the Mistborn won. With the number of Mistborn doubling in this game, we would logically double the size of the elim team, for a total of six elims. We could have hammered on Elend almost every day, but we didn't want to win like that.

16 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

Supposedly, the Mistborn can tell you the elim team just as well as I could. If they decide to do so, I will confirm their accusation.

As always, I’ve forgotten how to do colors on mobile. But let it be known that Stick and Devotary. My internet has been not working so I’m using cellular data right now.

This has now become a game of information. Trusting Maill’s word on Devotary, we are a step closer to uncovering all of the Elims and we already know both MB. The we just lynch ‘em.

Edited by Hemalurgic Headshot
Fixed colors

So, I'm trying to figure out reasonable ways in which Maill and Stick would know who all of the elims were.

Maill, as Vin, has potentially two different ways to get information it looks like.  Either rolling Tineye 2 or Seeker 2. 

With Tineye 2, we can easily see who would have been targetted and information gained:

• D1 - Steel
  • D2 - Xino
  • D3 - Steel
  • D4 - Devotary

Since we know that Steel was elim, Xino wasn't, and Devotary is admitting to it, I don't think this is where the information is coming from.

With Seeker 2, it's a bit more complicated because there can't be any definitive information gained.  You see what metals targeted a player.  I guess if Maill rolled Seeker 2 and correctly targeted whatever elim Conrad was defending on a given night, you could infer that person is likely to be an elim.  We're not entirely sure whether or not there is a village Lurcher 2 though...and I don't think that would eliminate the player from being a Lurcher 1.

For completeness' sake, I don't see how Vin could have received information from rolling Tineye 1, Lurcher 1, Thug 1, or Smoker 1.

Stick, as Zane, I feel could only really gain information from using Seeker 1.  I'm not sure how Seeker 1 would show up for the elim kill since it's not explicitly noted as Coinshot 1 like Zane's kill is.

And again, to make sure I'm not missing anything, Zane should also have Coinshot 1, Thug 2, Soother 1, Soother 2, and Smoker 2  (A couple of ninjas right now, but it looks like they're on the next page, so I'll look at them after I post)

The only other option for them to know is if there's an as-of-yet-unrevealed secret that the MB team has access to that is providing this information.

Other than that, just by sharing information, I could definitely see them having a really good idea of who else may be on the elim team, but nothing with the confidence they seem to be displaying.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything there.

39 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

As always, I’ve forgotten how to do colors on mobile. But let it be known that Green:[Stick] and red:[Devotary]. My internet has been not working so I’m using cellular data right now.

This has now become a game of information. Trusting Maill’s word on Devotary, we are a step closer to uncovering all of the Elims and we already know both MB. The we just lynch ‘em.

@Hemalurgic Headshot, I will not count these votes. As Mailliw said, simply use the codes [colour=green]Retraction[/colour] and then [colour=red]Vote[/colour] to cast votes on mobile. Except you spell colour the colonial heathen American way. :P 

Also, a brief note—I may not be around at precisely 9:00 PM EDT tonight, depending on how long church lasts, but the cycle will still end at that time. Even if I am a few minutes slow in returning to the Shard, I will not accept votes and actions sent after the usual rollover time, so please get them in sooner rather than later. You all have fewer than seven hours in which to do so. 

Edited by Fifth Scholar

Ugh. When counting player numbers, I used the 6 next to Snipexes name, which also includes Joe...

With 13 players, 3 elims:

D5: 8-2-3

N5: 8-1-3 (lynch Stick)

D6: 7-1-3 (elim kill)

N6: 7-1-2 (lynch Devotary)

D7: 6-1-2 (elim kill)

N7: 6-0-2 (Lynch Maill)

D8: 5-0-2

--------------

If we lynch Devotary first with 3 elims

D5: 8-2-3

N5: 8-2-2 (lynch Devotary)

D6: 7-2-1 (elim kill, MB kill)

N6: 7-1-1 (lynch Stick)

D7: 6-1-1 (elim kill)

N7: 6-0-1 (Lynch Maill)

D8: 5-0-1

------------

13 players, 2 elims:

D5: 9-2-2

N5: 9-1-2 (lynch Stick)

D6: 8-1-2 (elim kill)

N6: 8-1-1 (lynch Devotary)

D7: 7-1-1 (elim kill)

N7: 7-0-1 (Lynch Maill)

D8: 6-0-1

----------------

If we lynch Devotary first with 2 elims:

D5: 8-2-2

N5: 8-2-1 (lynch Devotary)

D6: 7-2-0 (elim kill, MB kill)

MB win the game.

-----------------------------

Do you want to play a high stakes gamble, or just win the game? Worst case scenario we end up 5-2, which really isnt bad.

Maill, why do you have absolutely no confidence in the village catching the elims without you? You keep saying we need you for that, and while I have not been focusing on finding elims in this part of the game, we definitely have enough info to do so.

Personslly, assuming you know who all the elims are. I 100% dont think you will tell us.

If we keep Stick alive, we shouldn't kill Devotary however. If the MB are confident there are 3 elims, and they know who all of them are, they can make the judgement call on who will and wont be protected. However, killing Devotary means if there are only 2 elims, the MB win.

Therefore Devotary isnt on the table. If for the sake of arguement we really want to keep Stick alive today, we kill Maill. As that saves us a lynch down the line.

But that raises the question, if Stick attacks someone, wont they probably just be defended unless they are a villager?

Yes.

So that means they will kill any villager they target, but have a 50% chance of killing an elim they target. Which gets rid of the entire point of keeping Stick alive.

And now we are back to lynching stick.

@Lumgol voting on Devotary is pointless. if you get a chance, could you vote on Elandera? I have a paranoid (ok, a really paranoid) theory I would like checked : )

Edited by Furamirionind
Didnt finish a sentance...

12 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Maill, why do you have absolutely no confidence in the village catching the elims without you? You keep saying we need you for that, and while I have not been focusing on finding elims in this part of the game, we definitely have enough info to do so.

We didn’t say the village can’t pull it off without us, just that it’d be easier and quicker if we help.

13 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Personslly, assuming you know who all the elims are. I 100% dont think you will tell us.

Why? As Maill said, we want to get the elims lynched just like you guys, so I don’t see why we won’t tell you.

15 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

So that means they will kill any villager they target, but have a 50% chance of killing an elim they target. Which gets rid of the entire point of keeping Stick alive.

Which is why we’re trying to get Devotary lynched? The elims wont have any protection on them once Conrad is out of the picture. And why would I target a villager? I’m not an elim :P 

Just now, _Stick_ said:

We didn’t say the village can’t pull it off without us, just that it’d be easier and quicker if we help.

Why? As Maill said, we want to get the elims lynched just like you guys, so I don’t see why we won’t tell you.

Which is why we’re trying to get Devotary lynched? The elims wont have any protection on them once Conrad is out of the picture. And why would I target a villager? I’m not an elim :P 

1. Fair enough

2. Well, what's it matter to you if you share what you know now or later?

3. Can you guarantee there are 3 elims left? And how can you guarantee that? If you can, then there is a good reason to keep you alive. But if you can't we should kill you. It's as simple as that. =)

I was going to reply, but Stick nailed it. With Conrad still in the picture, we can’t kill any elims at night. 

And Devotary is definitely on the table. As you can see, a good portion of the village wants to lynch her. At least one of which is the only confirmed good player we have. 

Why are you so passionate about saving Devotary? It doesn’t make sense. I’ve begun to suspect you more and more the last day or two, but I don’t get it. Why? You’re protecting her at least as much as I did Stick. 

Ninja’d. To your 2nd point, if we give it all up now, we lose every bargaining chip we have. 

To your 3rd, I’ll reveal that to selected villagers at the end of the night. But now I won’t. Sorry if that doesn’t let you trust me. But logically, it doesn’t make sense for there to only be 3 original elims and 2 Mistborn and Kelsier and a Marsh(?).  

@marsh, contact us tonight. I’d love to hear what you can do. 

1 hour ago, Mailliw73 said:

Don’t forget the 3-5 secrets in this game. :)

Don't forget?

1 hour ago, Rathmaskal said:

The only other option for them to know is if there's an as-of-yet-unrevealed secret that the MB team has access to that is providing this information.

You mean that?