Hadrian sealed the last envelope, and then passed the stack to a messenger. His House had moved into Keep Hasting following the departure of Cett, and to show off their new station, and their total confidence in the face of yet another army, House Penrod was throwing a ball. The messenger set off with the pile of invitations. While the Penrods couldn't afford the extravagance that had been present in balls during the days of the Lord Ruler, Hadrian was certain that the nobility would appreciate a diversion. Also, after the Cett fiasco, it was clear that the skaa and the merchants were not a force to be trifled with. To that end, the ball was open to all members of the Assembly and any guests they chose to invite.

1 hour ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Hey, I'm Makail. I am unemployed, which means my idle hands are Ruin's workshop, if that's how the saying goes. Eh.

The Executive’s Scissors are always hiring (unless you can't appreciate the high art of clothing production, in which case you may find yourself on the business end of a pair of shears)

1 hour ago, Snipexe said:

The Executive’s Scissors are always hiring (unless you can't appreciate the high art of clothing production, in which case you may find yourself on the business end of a pair of shears)

Hey, perhaps we could partner. I work in an armory making shields and weapons. Have you ever considered weaponizing scissors? Obsidian of course. So they can't be effected by the metallic arts. 

On 07/05/2019 at 2:36 AM, Young Bard said:

The Elend Venture role reminds me of LG15a, which means the village will really need to watch out for last minute bandwagons...

As someone experienced in the art of last minute bandwagons if the rollover is good enough, I feel obligated to sign up for this game.

Character name and behaviour and all that jazz TBD, but I'll be in.

16 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Hey, perhaps we could partner. I work in an armory making shields and weapons. Have you ever considered weaponizing scissors? Obsidian of course. So they can't be effected by the metallic arts. 

With war coming, it does make sense to move into weapons... consider a partnership made.

Aname Plees banged on the shop's door for the third, fourth time. Sigh. "Someone's got to be in there, right? It says the shop is open..."

Sigh.

Just as Aname was about to scamper away in frustration, a man came to open the door. 

"FINALLY," Aname scoffed. "Lord Ruler, what took you so long to open that door? Anyways, I'll be needing those obsidian scissors." 

Obsidian scissors. With those, Aname could finally be free. She closed her eyes and began to fantasize, like she so often did, about koloss falling like logs, sheared from the battlefield with a snip powerful as the mists themselves. Finally. After months, years, of saving up her meager earnings, of training to punch harder and run faster. Aname Plees was going to crush that koloss army and no one could stop her. 

@Cadmium Compounder @Snipexe

Cadoxi was a loyal armorer. He would never betray house Venture. But Straff was so corrupt. He ditched that old man as soon as Elend showed any promise of potential. Now Elend had stood as the most powerful figure in the entire dominance. Cadoxi knew he'd chosen well when he left Straff. 

But loyalty didn't mean he couldn't have a side hustle. 

Cadoxi had been planning for years to create a successful business. One that he didn't have to report to Elend himself. With the upcoming war, many smaller local businesses were beginning to lose hope of survival. Desperation was a gateway for willingness to try new things. Executive's Scissors was the perfect place. No one would expect an illegal side hustle of small weapons to come through a local quilt and fabrics shop. 

Cadoxi sat down to write the letter. 

Snip,

With this upcoming war, you must be worried about staying above ground in your business dealings as a fabric cutter. Please respond to this letter if you are interested in a mutually beneficial business partnership.

Cadoxi,
Chief Armorer, House Venture

Perfect. Vague, yet intriguing. Surely Snip would take the bait. 

Cadoxi sealed the envelope, and placed a return address on the front, and slipped it under the back door of the quilt shop.

----

Ninja'd by Lumgol

“Hello miss, welcome the Executive’s Scissors. How may I help you?”

edit:ninja’d by CadCom

Snip had gotten letter a few nights before from a venture armorer. They’d worked out a deal. The armorer would get a small room in the back to work out of, in exchange work on the obsidian shears. Today was the first day they were being sold. 

@Lumgol

Edited by Snipexe

“Wonderful, glad the word is getting around.” Snip let himself grin. An early customer was always a good sign. “We have 3 models, the Small, the Medium, and the Omega-Large. The smallest is 30 boxings, 40 for the Medium, and 60 for the Omega.”

Meanwhile, at an undisclosed location, Makail was wrapping up one of his "pet projects." By that, he means the tediously balanced and interlocked disks of stone and iron rods he had inserted into the side of a building, within the brickwork, perfectly placed so that if an unknowing Coinshot or Lurcher flew past...

The entire building would collapse.

Makail was partially beside himself with amusement. It was an interesting feeling to have, being partially beside oneself. He had never done anything of this magnitude before! The intricacy, the engineering feat! Truly, one could call this art.

Makail did.

Finally, he was finished. Wiping the dust on his pants, Makail leaned back to admire his work. Hardly noticeable! Perfect. With that, he leaped off the wall and landed with a whoomph of ash on the ground. He glanced back up at the wall. It was even harder to tell it was there from below. Incredibly pleased with himself, he set off for the next project.

Zane landed outside of Luthadel, humming to himself. It had been a while since he had last graced this city with his skill with steel. 

“God, what do you want me to do?”

“It is time to kill those in this city. You and Vin, my servants, you must free me.”

Zane looked at Vin, who was staring quietly at Luthadels wall. 

“Are we going to kill Elend?” She asked quietly. 

“Eventually, yes. But right now? Probably not. His authority is thin now with you gone. He’s not as important to destroy as he once was. Our focus is going to be on killing those who seek to destabilize the city before we find what we’re looking for.”

”And what is that? Does it have to do with the thumping?” Asked Vin. 

”I think so, but I’m not sure. I think I’ll worry about taking care of the destabilizers. You find out where that thumping is coming from. We can meet up at the Bronze Gate tonight.”

With that, the couple that wielded death seperated. But fate had some twists and turns ahead of them. For Luthadel had acquired new secrets since last Zane had prowled the streets... 

Another grin went to Snip's face as the women held out the the money. He quickly pocketed it, and then lead her over to a display case filled with shears. He unlocked it, and then carefully picked up a pair. He handed them to the women, and then asked, "Will that be all miss?"

@Lumgol

Aname held the scissors in her hands as if it were a child. She was almost afraid to touch the serrated obsidian edges, sharp on both sides rather than just in the middle. The scissors' grip was balanced just like a sword.

"... It's wonderful." @Snipexe

“Glad its up to scratch. Oh! I almost forgot!” He turned around and grabbed a file. “Free, complimentary of being the first customer.” he said, handing it to her. “All Shears come with a 30 day warranty, so if they break in that time, just bring the broken ones to us, and we’ll replace it free of charge.”

@Lumgol

4 hours ago, Adavantos said:

I may RP later, but for now please sign me up as Ixiom Renaud. Also I should probably go back to Amanuensis.

You’re back! And still Ada... 

10 minutes ago, Coop772 said:

I'm here to kill y'all. More rp when it's not Lord Ruler Why at night

What does that mean?