4 minutes ago, Elandera said:

He's welcome to do what he wants. It was a simple request.

Oh wait...

Kelsier... Vin... <_<

Just now, Mailliw73 said:

Yeah, not sure why he'd do what you guys want. He's not really aligned with you. 

Well, he claimed he had 2 wincons. 1 MB aligned, the second Village aligned (If Zane dies first). Things aren't looking great for the MB, so I wouldn't be surprised (if he was telling the truth about his second wincon) if Joe started helping the village.

My only thing is there is no guarantee he was telling the truth about the village wincon.

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

Well, he claimed he had 2 wincons. 1 MB aligned, the second Village aligned (If Zane dies first). Things aren't looking great for the MB, so I wouldn't be surprised (if he was telling the truth about his second wincon) if Joe started helping the village.

My only thing is there is no guarantee he was telling the truth about the village wincon.

True. But he has to trust you not to kill me, and rather kill Zane first. Or he could stick with those who know who the elims are. ;)

Edited by Mailliw73

Just now, Elandera said:

I feel a bit like this at the moment...

tumblr_mh9n9yuV7X1qgzdhjo1_250.gif.7179e42bec3c4c21cefa648d32e0c194.gif

That's the thing about bluffs. You never know if they're true or not till the cards are down. 

And this isn't a bluff. It's a statement about Joe's situation. 

2 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

That's the thing about bluffs. You never know if they're true or not till the cards are down. 

And this isn't a bluff. It's a statement about Joe's situation. 

"Joe's situation"? Are you claiming you can communicate with Joe? And/Or Joe worked out you were a MB? He called you an elim a cycle ago...

9 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

"Joe's situation"? Are you claiming you can communicate with Joe? And/Or Joe worked out you were a MB? He called you an elim a cycle ago...

No. Joe now knows I'm Vin. He can contact me. He could side with you, but his win on that is dependent on you and the elims killing Zane before me. Or he could keep trying to help us, since we know the elims. 

18 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

And this isn't a bluff. It's a statement about Joe's situation

It's the latter half I'm more concerned is not a bluff... That you apparently know all the elims, but have yet to take action against any of them.

12 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

What else am I supposed to do now that i'm outed? 

Umm... Help us? That is technically an option. : P

I mean, you could die silent, making it easier for the elims, the people you are working so hard to kill, to win.

Or you could tell us what you know, and while dying, get your revenge on the elims!

Your choice. : P

43 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

True. But he has to trust you not to kill me, and rather kill Zane first. Or he could stick with those who know who the elims are. ;)

Obviously, the solution was to claim Mistborn N1. If you had, Joe would have been able to contact you in a Mistwhisper and tell you who the elims were. 

Aname Plees took the stairs 2 at a time, leaving the poor doctor behind in his living room, yelling after her. He said it was the second door on the left. She skidded to a stop before it, just barely avoiding slamming it open. She breathed in, then opened the door quietly.

"Oh hey Aname! Here to check up on me?"

Aname exhaled loudly, and laughter bubbled up before she quelled it. Of course he was alive, the doctor had said he survived. "Hello Oramen. How are you feeling?"

The older gentleman was sitting in a bed, bandaged almost beyond recognition, yet still beaming in the morning light. A long wooden pole had been tied to one arm in order to keep it straight, and it looked like his leg had the same treatment under the blanket. "Definitely been better. But I'm alive! That never happens!"

She came all the way into the room and shut the door behind her. She walked over to his bed, hesitated as she realised she didn't want to hurt him on accident, then dragged a rickety chair over. "The Doctor said you walked all the way here from Tin Street?" She glanced at his leg again. It definitely had a pole strapped to it.

Oramen nodded sagely. “And a long walk it was, but I couldn't die! I had to keep moving, had to Survive! Something protected me Aname."

She settled into her chair backwards, leaning forward onto its backrest and looked him right in the eyes. “Tell me everything.”

"So, late last night, we were all at the great inn, the one where Jenny accidently dropped a whole pot of soup on Marley, remember that? Anyway, Era jumped onto a table and said 'Yo dudes, we gotta find the Mistborn, and it's totally Doma, so everyone go kill him' and we all tried to! He had just been standing in the corner, but turns out, he was just a cardboard cutout! I didn't even know we had those yet!"

Aname blinked. Cardboard? Yet?

"But Era was like 'oh no he got away! Everyone go run around and chase him down, except me, because I'm an old lady!' So I grabbed that old dude Astick and say 'yo dawg, I bet Doma's hiding in the old Canal!' Oh hey, did you know that one of Astick's legs is made of wood? Pretty cool for an old dude. But he said 'no way, if Doma is a mistborn, he'll be high as a kite! We should check out the tallest rooftops in the city!' And I was like 'great idea man,' so we were on top of Keep Hastings. You know where that is right?"

Oh, he was looking at her like he was waiting for something. This was difficult to follow. "Uh, how does he walk with a wooden leg?"

"I know right? But so on the roof of the Keep, we saw a dude sleeping, and Astick was all like, 'haha found you now Zane! Now we're going to kill you!' But then the figure looked up, and we realized it was Zane, and we remembered, we're just like, an old guy with a wooden leg and a broke nobleman, and how were we gonna defeat a Mistborn? Oh hey, can I Borrow some money to pay the Doctor? I'll pay you back later."

Aname nodded, still trying to process what he was saying. Wasn't Keep Hasting on Machmuller street?

"Awesome, I owe you one! So Zane is like 'come on guys, I was taking a nap, I was having a great dream where my dad got eaten by dogs, and now I'm gonna kill you for waking me up!' And he grabbed Astick's wooden leg and ripped it off, which is how I learned it was wooden, and then he smacked Astick in the head with it! Knocked him right off the rooftop! He just went up and then down, screaming like he was dying or something! So Zane turns to me, and I'm just praying to someone, whoever, to save me, and then a door bangs open, and a dozen Lekal soldiers pour onto the roof to fight Zane! I'm thanking the Lord Ruler for sending soldiers to save me, but one of them sees me and shoves me off the roof as well! I fall through the mist, perfectly quiet cause I'm brave like that, and smash into a cabbage cart at the base of the keep. I'm laying there, and I can hear Astick right next to me, moaning about how in his day, kids didn't throw their elders off of roofs or whatever. But then we hear a voice, is real spooky, and it says 'Yo dudes, it's not your time to die yet, you gotta go tell everyone that Steeldancer reports that devotary is lying about being Conrad, and that his team believes that Hemalurgic headshot is Zane.  Kill HH before you kill Mailliw.

I have asked Young Bard if he role claimed, but he has not yet responded.' Then we walked here."

"You walked here." Aname raised an eyebrow at him. "Astick was missing a leg, and you guys had both fallen from the roof of a Keep. But you walked here."

Oramen nodded. "I think I deserve a Keep named after me, since I found where Zane sleeps ya know?"

She nodded and stood, reaching forward to pat him.on the head. "I will go tell Elend to give you a Keep. You just keep resting. Okay? Okay good. Buh bye!"

Introducing a New RP Challenge:

So I realise that despite getting to do some cool writeups along with Joe (all credit to Joe here, by the way), I’ve not been giving you guys a ton of opportunities to interact with the story. Usually as a GM, I’ll have one character that I develop throughout, or I’ll do a pattern of writeups or something to keep RP coming, but I’ve been more inconsistent this game. So, instead...we’re going to have a little fun with this. 

I will now be commanding the Hostile Mist Spirit. This cycle, the Mist Spirit has decided to go around and steal a small, personal item from every player. Whenever I have time in this cycle, you will receive a PM that details the item you lost, with a short paragraph of RP along with it. Respond in-thread to the loss, in RP, with any potential plans to regain your item or a long contemplation on how you’re going to accept this loss (or anything else you want to do with it, if it makes sense to your character and to the story). I will give arbitrary points and awards to players who have good RP at the end of the game, up to and including small statues, Emerald Broams, and other assorted odds and ends. :ph34r: Most importantly, though, I just want you all to have fun with this and hopefully liven up the thread a bit more. 

Straw was attacked, but survived!

_Stick_ was attacked, but survived!

Day 5 has begun! It will end in about 46-47 hours on Thursday 30 May at 9 PM EDT (-4:00 UTC).

There is a lynch today, with no vote minimum required to kill.

Please remember that PMs remain closed during the Day.

Good luck!

Player List:

1. Mailliw73 as Laila, a noblewoman whose pretentiousness is rivaled only by her disdain for Elend

2. Elandera as Era, an old Terriswoman too stubborn to evacuate a ruined city

3. Lumgol as Aname Plees, a skaa representative of Elend wanting to fight Lekal

4. Furamirionind as Ford Prefect, a hidden, delusional researcher and author

6. Snipexe as Snip, a fabric cutter in the local quilt chain, Reap What You Sew

7. Araris Valerian as Hadrian Penrod, a versatile man with a versatile definition of mortality Village Soother 2

8. Xinoehp512 as Dedne, a depressed man working long hours at Reap What You Sew Village Smoker 1

9. Young Bard as Lethir, a man with self-confidence and an axe to grind Village Thug 1

10. Devotary of Spontaneity as Varuun, a Kandra given a second chance at accomplishing her goals

11. Arraenae as Needa Naime, a slightly oblivious girl who loves her mother The Librarian

12. Steeldancer as Zane the Mad, who likes singing about killing and death (normal?) Assasssin Smoker 1

13. Ark1002 as Abe, a skaa who knows his place within the established order of things

14. Rathmaskal as Doma, a recluse who spends her life making small wooden statues

15. Cadmium Compounder as Cadoxi, an armourer from House Venture fleeing Straff’s displeasure Village Thug 1

16. Hemalurgic Headshot as Makail, an unemployed skaa enjoying his free lifestyle

17. STINK as Jumae II, a colourful and enigmatic character Village Rioter 2

18. _Stick_ as Astick, an old man with a wooden leg that secretly contains vials of metal

19. Straw as Oramen Hausk, a minor noble reduced to begging in the aftermath of the Lord Ruler’s fall

20. Adavantos as Ixiom Renaud, who believes that no supposition should be held as axiomatic

21. Coop772 as Heer Kilyal II, a snowy owl struggling to escape extinction

22. Randuir as De’Tess, a Kandra given a second opportunityVillage Smoker 2

This situation was rapidly getting out of hand. The Mistborn that had tried to kill him last time was still at large, and the Koloss army was getting entirely too close. Just yesterday, Varuun had almost been torn to shreds by an angry mob, and if they'd found his spikes, there would be no guarantee he'd ever get them back. As the night ended and the Mists receded, Varuun went back to check on his only material possessions, save for his spikes, his skeleton, and his garments. True, the remainder of his possessions were also bones, and a bag sewn out of the clothes that had been shredded by Zane's last attack, but it felt like luxury to own things that he didn't have to carry with him. 

There were downsides to not carrying all of his possessions with him, as Varuun found when he opened up his bag. When he'd gone out for the night, he had left the quartzite skull of his first True Body atop the cranial fragments of Varuun's last body. Now, it was gone, the bone shards underneath it barely disturbed. Where could his skull have gone? Quartzite wasn't particularly valuable, and anyway, what sort of thief would find a bag filled with bones dating back centuries, and only take one piece? Well he would just have to find the culprit and get his skull back. Perhaps one of those pesky Mistborn had stolen it. If he ever finished this Contract, he would commission an entire quarzite skeleton, something with a bit more strength than the fragile human bones he currently wore, and then never leave the Homeland again

Snipexe, I'm a Lurcher 1. I finally get a role that prevents me from being killed at night, and then I don't get attacked four nights in a row. Well, technically I have had roles that allowed me to survive night kills before, but I was an elim in those games.

I'm pretty certain the write-up was narrated by this guy:

5KGh5HP.jpg.afd296125bf8d8271c9cc7f051d7baf3.jpg

3 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

But then we hear a voice, is real spooky, and it says 'Yo dudes, it's not your time to die yet, you gotta go tell everyone that Steeldancer reports that devotary is lying about being Conrad, and that his team believes that Hemalurgic headshot is Zane.  Kill HH before you kill Mailliw.

This is a very interesting suggestion. It is possible, but that would have meant Zane attacking himself and sacrificing his extra life for a WGG. It's within the realm of possibilities, but I don't know enough about HH's style to say for certain.

Also, I don't really have an interest in lynching Mailliw at the moment. Zane is the larger threat of the two MB.

I'll wait to hear some results of experiments before I post further. Instead, some RP.

--- 

Era was too old for this. Running around, chasing murderers was a young person's game. But the search still excited her. There was plenty she could do without the energy of youth. She tapped a metalmind, offering just a bit more clearness of mind to weed through all of the problems.

Lady Laila had seemed helpful, despite her pretentiousness. It almost surprised Era to learn she'd been Vin - the Mistborn who'd freed her people, turned almost rampaging murderer. Despite the deception, there was still something useful there. She knew more than she was letting on.

Era shuffled through the square, waiting for one of her contacts to return with news. It was difficult work, and made her wish she had some strength to tap. It was becoming impossible to store that ability in her old age. There weren't many occasions she had enough strength to store and still function. Such it was for a woman as old as she. A woman who'd seen time tick by, leaving many behind in the dust.

What's wrong with me? I have actually had motivation to RP this past week! : )

I apologize my RP isnt very good. I am not sure if Fifth confiscated my shardblade because it didnt fit the setting or if it was just too powerful... but if it was the latter, don't worry, I am sure I wouldnt RP something that powerful agai... wait, you just read my RP? Oh...

-----------------------------------

Ford Prefect approached the person he had been chasing. For the past 4 days and nights he had been looking for this person. "Hey you!" He called out. The figure turned around slowly. Cloak draping over their face, masking their identity. This didn't fool Ford however, he knew exactly who this was. "What have you done with Arthur Dent!?" Prefect demanded.

"I dont know what you are talking about!" The voice said. Ford felt a suffocating force in his head. It made it hard to think, hard to feel. It made him want to trust this person. NO! Arthur is in trouble! 

Ford took a step forward. "Here is the thing," he continued, "would you rather keep Arthur and have all of history regard you as a monster, or," another step forward, "would you rather hand him over and walk away to your little life?"

Ford saw anger an the figure's eyes, and knew there was no way out of this. This was going to turn In to a fight.

The figure lunged, something flashing in their hand. Ford didnt flinch. Instead, he held his hand out to summon his shardblade. 2 heartbeats passed, wait, Arthur was gone. That was the entire reason he was chasing this person!

The knife dug itself into Ford's chest. Ford crumpled to the ground in pain. He knew he only had moments before he blacked out from blood loss. So he pulled a stained towel out his back pocket, wrapped it around his torso twice, and tied it into a knot. "aahhhh, much better" he said.

He stood up and looked at the figure, who sneered. At that moment, Ford realized he didnt have a weapon to defend himself. ok, Don't Panic. He looked around and saw someone sneaking through the bushes. Ford was confident he knew who this was as well, and... both of them at once? This was not a good sign. He started to Panic.

He pulled something out of his pocket. His most treasured possession. He needed to get it back home. It had a lot of important information in it, and he couldn't allow such power to fall into the wrong hands.

He opened the book to page 13, where he had a scribbled entry:

Memoirs of an Ordinary Person: Article XI

Now, as there is an infinite amount of space, it follows there must be an I finite amount of planets. However, as very few of these planets are inhabited, there must be a finite amount of inhabited planets. As any finite number divided by infinity is basically nothing, there must be essentially 0 people in the universe.

------

As this was read, the cloaked figure of Laili, or Vin as she was better known, disappeared into thin air. Her single remaining Dagger dropping to the ground. Ford picked it up for lack of a better weapon. And unfortunately, the person behind him was still there. This person would be much more powerful than Vin, and on top of that, it took an immense amount of mental strain to keep Vin from interfering.

Ford turned around to see Zane the Mad glaring back at him. "I propose a trade" Ford said, teeth clenched in strain, "Vin for Arthur." Zane just laughed as she... wait, did Ford just think of Zane as a "she" out loud? Oops, Well, as he approached.

Zane... wait, Ford had never before noticed how spindly Zane looked... oh well.

Zane raised his arm and made a massive swing downwards. Luckily, this time, Prefect was prepared. He pulled a small towel out of his breast pocket (It was a large pocket), and placed it in between Zanes knife and himself. Zane looked surprised and lowered their hand somewhat.

"What's that supposed to be?!" Said Zane. "Well," Ford explained, "it is..." wait, had Ford really never noticed how dry Zane looked? They looked parched! It hadn't rained in a while, but surely they were drinking water right? They looked like if you put a flame near them they would catch fire!

*cough* *cough* "anyways," Ford continued, "this is a powerful tool that should imidiately frighten you and stop you from attacking me. While I might not be able to defeat you, a towel? You should be trembling!"

Zane laughed and swung, aiming at Ford's face through the towel.

As the blade hit the towel, it made a loud CLANG. "I probably should have mentioned... I laced this one in Zinc..."

As he said this, Zane's knife rebounded back onto Zane, making a shallow cut. Not life threatening, but it would take some time to heal.

And Ford ran away. Vin appearing behind him.

He ran and ran, until he found the woman known as Era. "I... Just... Zane... Help..."

@Elandera 

Edited by Furamirionind
Spelling

41 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

He ran and ran, until he found the woman known as Era. "I... Just... Zane... Help..."

"Zane. The Zane? Are you certain? It worked? Then we must act now, before he can get away."

Era stood - too slowly for her liking, as this was a serious matter that needed to be handled immediately. Zane would not so easily escape her. For though she couldn't run or keep up with him in the mists, she could talk. But she hesitated. Would it be enough?

"Ford, did you get a look at their face? For certain you know who it is - or rather, who he's been claiming to be while walking among us?"

11 minutes ago, Elandera said:

"Ford, did you get a look at their face? For certain you know who it is - or rather, who he's been claiming to be while walking among us?"

"Yes! Well, no... I didnt get a great look at her..." (there it was again! Stupid Ford, Zane was male!), "sorry, I didnt get a great look at his face, however, I dont know anyone else who looks like they can catch fire during a drought. The wooden leg probably helps with that as well."

"I am confidently ready to accuse Astick of secretly being Zane the Mad. Murderer, and kidnapper of Spren!"

Edited by Furamirionind

23 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

"I am confidently ready to accuse Astick of secretly being Zane the Mad. Murderer, and kidnapper of Spren!"

"Well, then. I will join you, but we cannot do this alone. Quick, help me up."

Era waved her hand for Ford to support her as she climed up on yet another wooden crate. Her knees screamed at the motion, but it couldn't be helped. She did find it somewhat ironic that only a day ago, the Zane had apparently done this same thing, helping her up.

"I am too old to go jumping after people in the mists, but you can bet on the Lord Ruler's corpse that I can talk. Now listen up, and listen well. We know Zane's true - well, false - identity. Astick. Ford was kind enough last night to go on a mission for me. I'd rather have liked to do it myself, if it weren't for these old bones. Anyway, Ford went out to make sure Astick didn't harm anyone but her - eh, himself. Why else would Zane 'attack' Astick?"

"Why'd he hit a stick in the firs' place? Sounds kinda poinless?" a voice called out from the crowd.

Era glared in that direction, but was unable to find the source.

"Not a stick. Astick. Zane would have no purpose to attack Astick when we all thought last night Astick might actually be Zane. It'd have been better to just stay in the shadows, and kill off one of the quiet ones.

"I implore you, good people of Luthadel. Help us hunt and take down Zane today. Then we will be able to find the servants of Lekal and root them out of the city once and for all."

That was all Era could do, so with Ford's help, she stepped back onto the ground and shuffled home, back to her garden.

-----------

The red sun was starting to fade as she raked the soil around her precious plants. If only they were green, but that couldn't be helped anymore. What could be helped was the weeds.

Era tapped a coppermind to try to identify the unwanted plant growing among her precious ones. The outside world became a vague blur as she sifted through old memories about gardening, until she came across what she needed.

A rake wouldn't help. She needed a shovel. The weed needed to be taken out, root and all.

Era put the memories back into the coppermind and turned to grab a hand shovel - a full-sized one was too large for her. Something was out of place. Her shovel was there, but her watering can was gone.

She looked up and saw a vague shape disappearing into the gathering mists, a silver glint catching a faint remaining light. Someone had stolen her watering can. But why?

Era glared and cursed at the shape. Keeping her already struggling garden alive was going to become very complicated unless she could find a new one. And soon.

Edited by Elandera
Grammar will be the death of me...

Ford was a questioner, not a speech-maker. He would much rather argue with someone than rally a group to do the right thing. There was a reason why he was excused from all responsibility of saving the world. He was just lousy at those sorts of things.

Anyway, he was feeling it was time to write another potential entry for the book. Probably something about how when you lose everything important in life, the only direction to go is up.

As he arrived at Cottington, what he nicknamed his house, he saw a glint out of the corner of his eye, when he turned he saw nothing there.

He shrugged and went inside, sat down at his desk, grabbed a quill, dipped it in ink and started writing the title. He barely even started writing the first letter when he noticed ink was streaming off the stick he was holding. This was no quill!

Looking at his cylinder of quills, he saw they had all been replaced with Sticks. He checked his storage of quills for when he needed more. All of them were sticks as well. So, desperate for a quill, he went to a secret compartment he had built into his floor. He pulled up the false panel to find... his special quill! Excited, he ran over to his desk to start writing what would perhaps be his first inspirational entry.

He dipped the quill in ink, but when he put it to the paper, it had ink streaming off it same as all the sticks. Annoyed, Ford tried to bite into one end of it, and found it was a painted stick, made to look like his special quill.

"Funny," Ford fumed, "how just when you think like can't get any worse, it suddenly does!"

He ran outside to find the thief!

So, who is Zane? (Yes, I'm being boring by not RP) And @Elandera, @Furamirionind, why Stick? The writeup, though a bit harder to decipher because of its narration, implied that Stick was attacked by Zane. Unless Zane did what Steel is claiming Zane!HH did and attacked himself to lose suspicion.

If we want to believe that Zane is trying to do a WGG, it would make more sense for Zane!Stick to do so than Zane!HH do to so. Let's look at when I was attacked. Zane was a topic of discussion, but not the forefront of discussion. He might of been on the front page, but only one of those little side columns, not the headline. However, now Zane is on all our minds because we now have a closer chance of lynching him. Headline material.

Thus, it would make more sense to attempt to dissuade the village from attacking you when all their attention is on you. I'll also add that this whole plan would have been formulated with Maill, because PM.

Do I believe all of what I just wrote? Not necessarily, but if Stick were to be Zane, this explains the events of last night.