1 minute ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

What the... :blink::blink:. You can't do this to us, Elandera. I doubt there's enough time to do anything anyways.

If Devotary is basically admitting to being elim, then that narrows things down to not her being MB. I want to lynch an MB this turn, or we likely lose to them

Edited by Elandera

Era leaned most of her weight on Astick’s bony shoulder as she carefully climbed onto the wooden crate. She settled herself, then accepted her cane as Astick handed it up. “Bless you sir.” Astick grinned a toothless grin and gave a little bow as he backed away. Era grasped the cane tightly before her, and stood ramrod straight. “We’re at an important crossroads here, so you young’uns listen up.” She waited as people began to quiet, elbowing others into paying attention.

“Luthadel is beset by enemies, both on the outside and the inside. Lekal’s goons are running around in the Survivor’s mist, killing us left and right, and we have a group of Rogue Mistborn trying to kill them, mostly by killing any of us that even might be taking Lekal’s coin. We all have a few people we suspect have their pockets full, but that’s no longer the issue. We have to find the most dangerous of our enemies first, as they’ll be killing us the sooner. So I’d like to call a vote.” She raised her cane and pointed at three people. “Astick, Doma, and Varuun.”

Astick, the nice old man started, and mouthed “but I helped you.” Varuun carefully made his way towards her, then stood with hands clasped, watching attentively. Doma leaned against the wall, making no moves.

“I’m fairly certain, given everything we’ve seen since Lekal’s arrival, that one of those three is Zane the Mad. Does anyone disagree?”

Amid the low rumbling of assent, Laila, the Noblewoman who had been so outspoken against Elend, stood up on her own table with the help of a servant. Era cursed under her breath. Anyone but her, please, let me die of old age before I hear that pretentiousness again.

“I agree that the Mistborn must be hunted. And I would like to direct everyone’s attention to Varuun.” Everyone looked at the man, who looked back stoically. “Everyone has seen Zane the Mad before. He was used as a messenger when our ‘noble King’s Father arrived to assume his place. And yet, none of us can find a man who looks like Zane anymore.” She pointed dramatically at the man again, emphasizing her words. “This man can change his appearance faster than anyone I know. I once saw him duck into an alley, and come out with a different color of skin! He’s a master of disguise! Far more likely to be Zane than Astick!”

“Hear hear!” Astick called out, shaking his cane at Varuun.

Huh. That was actually somewhat logical, if hard to verify. “Well, I tend to agree. Varuun needs to go.” Snip and Makail both yelled out their agreement.

Varuun cocked his head. “Why do you lie to defend Astick so much Laila? Are you so desperate to kill me? Did you not hear the excellent arguments posed by the honorable Era?” He turned and nodded to the old Terriswomen. “Your argument is correct madam. Zane is the greatest threat to everyone in this city, and out. Killing me would only hasten his slaughter of everyone in this building.”

Era hesitated as the man’s eyes burned into her. But before she could say anything, Astick spoke up. “Laila is right, you heard her, Varuun is extremely suspicious, and needs to be killed before he kills anymore of us!”

Era looked back and forth between the two of them. Varuun nodded his head, directing her gaze to Doma, still leaning against the wall, not intervening whatsoever. She made a snap decision. “It’s Doma. It’s definitely Doma.”

Varuun turned to the room at large. “Doma is Zane everyone. Aname, Ford, will you help me restrain him?”

Ford looked to Era, who nodded. He stepped up. “I will. We will deal with You and Astick later.”

Aname slowly shook her head. “I think it’s Laila, I think she’s Vin. That’s why she dislikes Elend so much, she abandoned him.”

Makail stepped up in her place, ignoring her words. “I’ll help.”

The three strode purposefully towards Doma, who continued to not move. Ford and Makail both lunged forward, each grabbing an arm, Varuun was a step behind, and grabbed the man’s neck, slamming him backwards into the wall.

The two dimensional body fell away, leaving each of them awkwardly holding an appendage. Varuun tilted the papery head of Doma sideways, then looked around the room, mouth agape. “What, what is this?”

Ford knelt, and picked up the thin body. “It weighs practically nothing! Was he ever even here?”

“Well no one just stand around!” Era’s shout snapped them to attention. “Don’t let him survive! Go out there and find him!”

A Divine Image

Cruelty has a human heart, 

And Jealousy a human face.

Terror the human form divine, 

And Secrecy the human dress. 

I know you checked this Fura

The human dress is forgéd iron, 

The human form a fiery forge,

The human face a furnace sealed, 

The human heart its hungry gorge.

—William Blake

Rathmaskal was lynched, but survived!

Vote Count:

Rath (4): Elandera, Fura, Devotary, HH, Ada

Devotary (3): Maill, Snip, Stick

Maill (1): Lumthanks for vote consistency

HH (1): Arkyou too Ark

Night 4 has begun! It will end in about 22-23 hours on Tuesday 28 May at 9 PM EDT (-4:00 UTC).

PMs remain open at Night. Please abide by all restrictions on them.

Good luck!

Player List:

1. Mailliw73 as Laila, a noblewoman whose pretentiousness is rivaled only by her disdain for Elend

2. Elandera as Era, an old Terriswoman too stubborn to evacuate a ruined city

3. Lumgol as Aname Plees, a skaa representative of Elend wanting to fight Lekal

4. Furamirionind as Ford Prefect, a hidden, delusional researcher and author

6. Snipexe as Snip, a fabric cutter in the local quilt chain, Reap What You Sew

7. Araris Valerian as Hadrian Penrod, a versatile man with a versatile definition of mortality Village Soother 2

8. Xinoehp512 as Dedne, a depressed man working long hours at Reap What You Sew Village Smoker 1

9. Young Bard as Lethir, a man with self-confidence and an axe to grind Village Thug 1

10. Devotary of Spontaneity as Varuun, a Kandra given a second chance at accomplishing her goals

11. Arraenae as Needa Naime, a slightly oblivious girl who loves her mother The Librarian

12. Steeldancer as Zane the Mad, who likes singing about killing and death (normal?) Assasssin Smoker 1

13. Ark1002 as Abe, a skaa who knows his place within the established order of things

14. Rathmaskal as Doma, a recluse who spends her life making small wooden statues

15. Cadmium Compounder as Cadoxi, an armourer from House Venture fleeing Straff’s displeasure Village Thug 1

16. Hemalurgic Headshot as Makail, an unemployed skaa enjoying his free lifestyle

17. STINK as Jumae II, a colourful and enigmatic character Village Rioter 2

18. _Stick_ as Astick, an old man with a wooden leg that secretly contains vials of metal

19. Straw as Oramen Hausk, a minor noble reduced to begging in the aftermath of the Lord Ruler’s fall

20. Adavantos as Ixiom Renaud, who believes that no supposition should be held as axiomatic

21. Coop772 as Heer Kilyal II, a snowy owl struggling to escape extinction

22. Randuir as De’Tess, a Kandra given a second opportunityVillage Smoker 2

3 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Well.

Should we lynch the MB or go for Elims?

Honestly, we should probably still be going after MB, though maybe not Maill. Zane is the real threat, considering they're the one with the coinshot kill. Vin!Maill can wait... probably. If we have no lead on Zane, I'd be willing to lynch Vin to at least cut Zane off from her abilities.

I will attempt tonight to go through past cycles and see what I can come up with, but at the moment, I'm most suspicious of Stick being Zane. Through some PMs, I feel like her story of scanning might be more lie than truth. If there are any roleblock abilities out there, I'd appreciate you targeting Stick tonight.

There's also the possibility Rath is still Zane, especially since he survived. From what I understand of the rules, that means they have to be a Thug 2, as there's no other ability that would allow him to survive a lynch. Zane has Thug 2, so that's plausible. However, Maill has voted on Rath several times.

Again, I'll do some more analysis on patterns to see if I can find a link there, but Stick and Rath remain in my top suspicions for Zane.

Lord Ruler, it was hard to play another role. Vin was almost glad Aname had finally spotted her. Being Valette for Kelsier was one thing, but she got to make up her own character. Being Laila Tourange? Vin had to contort her personality so much it was going to be hard to drop the pretentious air. Playing Lady Tourange by day and going out with Zane at night left her exhausted. Exhausted and a failure. Elend had sent her to use his brother to help the budding empire. She'd been so close too. She and Zane had finally tracked down the infiltrators, but then the common people had turned on them. They had decided they'd rather kill those willing to kill to protect them than those who were actively killing innocents. The hypocrisy still rampant in Luthadel was now apparent. And Vin detested it. She knew she could never trust anyone. How often had Reen warned her? Never trust anyone else. Not even the leaders of the community. Not skaa. Not noble. Not merchant. Only Vin could be trusted. And now the town would fall to the infiltrators. Lekal would win the war before he even arrived. Kelsier, why? If he had been here, he'd have been able to save the city. Laila was in love with the Lord Ruler, but Vin loved the first man to ever love her. But she'd failed. Vin had failed this city. 

Vin pulled off the wig and extravagant dress she'd worn as Laila and threw on her mistcloak as night approached. She jumped out into the mists, leaving Luthadel in the shadows. Here in the mists, she was home. With Zane, she'd be safe. Luthadel held no hope for her and Elend kept no promises. She was done with the people of the Lord Ruler's corrupted empire. They had failed her. 

Okay guys I know I look bad. Really bad. 

But hear me out 

I don’t know exactly why but from what I’m able to speculate, Maill pushed so hard for the Devotary lynch because he suspected her role/alignment. Like I said last turn, I told a couple of people about the scan in PMs. i.e. Maill. I also told Ada but that’s not really indicative of anything. He’s most likely a villager imo. 

5 hours ago, Elandera said:

However, Maill has voted on Rath several times

How many times has it actually stuck around long enough to make a difference though? Never, as far as I remember.

Regardless, we’ve basically won the game now at this point.  

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

Okay guys I know I look bad. Really bad. 

But hear me out 

I don’t know exactly why but from what I’m able to speculate, Maill pushed so hard for the Devotary lynch because he suspected her role/alignment. Like I said last turn, I told a couple of people about the scan in PMs. i.e. Maill. I also told Ada but that’s not really indicative of anything. He’s most likely a villager imo. 

How many times has it actually stuck around long enough to make a difference though? Never, as far as I remember.

Regardless, we’ve basically won the game now at this point.  

So for the record, a total of three people have PM'd me this game. One of them was Steel, who was revealed to be an Assassin, while the others were Mailliw and Stick, the first of which is apparently Vin? I'd be willing to bet money that Stick is good as a result, since I doubt more of Lekal's Subordinates or Zane would reach out to me when their allies already did, or vice versa.

Like HH, I'm curious about the "we've won now" comment. How is that, exactly?

EDIT: Oops I lied. STINK PM'd me too, but I think he died before I responded? Him being a villager might help prove my point. 

Edited by Adavantos

Yeah, I guess it's not a great idea to be away for an entire cycle.  Sorry about that folks.  Looks like you lynched me as punishment. :(

I'll try to get a bit more caught up today.  I'm sure there are plenty of things people would like me to respond to.

3 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Who is "we?"

2 hours ago, Adavantos said:

Like HH, I'm curious about the "we've won now" comment. How is that, exactly?

Well we know Vin and Conrad, Rath is almost confirmed Zane (to me at least), and I have a pretty good idea of who the rest of the elims are. Won’t say in thread though.

At best, we have 8 villagers left (13 - 2 MB - 3 Elims = 8). Hopefully a few of those have some survival abilities, so we won't get weeded out quite so quickly.

Something I just realized about the suspicion on Rath. It was mostly based on Rath's vote on Bard, a Thug 1 killed by MB N1. However, since we know Maill is Vin, if we assumed Rath was MB as well, he'd be Zane. Except, Zane doesn't have a vote-scan. It's seeming more and more than Bard's death was just a fortunate accident, rather than a deliberate attack on a Thug 1. It's possible he was targeted to narrow down elim suspects more quickly, as pointed out by Randuir in this post:

Unless... @A Joe in the Bush and @Young Bard, please use a mistwhisper tonight to answer this question (or relay it in the writeup), if you can. Bard, did you claim your role to anyone before you died?

Stick and Maill have had very little interaction, beside the end of D2 when everyone was considering a swing to a different candidate. At that time, Maill suggested Rath as possible candidate, along with HH and Xino. While it could be distancing, that's a bit of a late attempt to appear to be willing to swing the vote toward Zane!Rath. Granted, he did switch the options from "Rath and HH" to "HH and Xino." So it's not outside the realm of possibilities.

Both Rath and Stick were on after Lum voted Maill that turn as well, so that doesn't help narrow down Zane candidates.

Another question for the dead doc. @Steeldancer, you mentioned in the following post that you believed Rath to be MB based on PMs. Could you say what was in those PMs that led you to that conclusion?

Steel, you also voted on Stick in a final effort before you died, believing Stick then to be a MB. What are your thoughts now?

Regarding the Lynching of Steel, Stick and Maill were both for it, while Rath was against. I could see a Maill/Rath team intentionally being on separate sides for distancing purposes. On the flip side, MB do want elims dead, so going all in on a lynch they could be fairly certain would get rid of one is reasonable. It also wouldn't draw a lot of attention because there was proof behind the reason the Steel lynch started.

Here are my notes as I went through the cycles:

Spoiler

Stick:

Suggests discussing suspicions in PMs only will make it difficult to get solid lynches. Possible MB using village-aligned excuse to keep information open (Vin!Maill makes the same argument).

Rath:

Also says having analysis and suspicions in the open wouldn’t be a bad thing. Possible MB excuse to keep info open (Vin! Maill makes same argument).

Stick:

Seems confused by Joe saying STINK was smart (likely now for Vin!Maill suspicion). Stick says she’ll look into Maill, but never does. (instead looks into Rath, apparently for their vote on Coop)

Stick:

Disagrees with Maill about elims on the Rae lynch. Possible distancing.

Rath:

Votes on Rath to start, but with PMs the night prior, he could have easily known the vote would swing to Steel. Possible distancing.

Stick:

Seemed to jokingly tell Lum not to vote scan her. Could be MB knowing what it would turn up. Many villagers or even elims with benign roles might say something more similar to “why not? It’s not like it’ll harm me in the end.”

Starts arguing with the Stick lynch early on, suggesting lynching the potential Conrad would be a good way to verify Stick

The edit contains a brief summary of his thoughts on Stick, which summarized is nothing.

Rath:

Casts suspicion on Rath again, where is vote sat, but said he was considering switching to Devotary, seeing her a more likely MB and Rath more likely elim. Possible distancing, but dangerous distancing.

TL;DR: I have no idea. Rath and Stick both seem to have an equally high chance of being Zane.