1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

Well obviously that’s the case. The question is it an evil role?

I’d say no but would you believe me 

1 hour ago, Steeldancer said:

I’ve seen how nefarious evil stick can be before.

whaaaaaat xD 

Gah, can someone post a vote count?  I'm on my way out the door from work.  I'll annoy my wife and check in when I get home as well instead of going straight to dinner.  It LOOKS like we still have a solid lynch, but I don't want to be the reason that doesn't happen.

10 minutes ago, Coop772 said:

I am not. Not today. 

Here is the vote count:

Straw (1) - Rath
Rath (1) - HH
Steel (5) - Ela, Coop, Stick, Lum, Straw, Maill, Steel, Fura
Coop (0) - CadCom
Maill(0) - CadCom
Fura (1) - Lum
Stick(1) - Steel

I think that is updated, but a reminder I am really bad at picking the reds out from the blacks.

Edit: Forgot to add my thing on Coop: Why aren't you going to vote? the purpose of votes is to provide data for analysis.

Edited by Furamirionind

Fura, you only missed one. Here's the current vote count.

Straw (1) - Rath
Rath (1) - HH
Steel (6) - Ela, Stick, Straw, Maill, CadCom, Fura
Fura (1) - Lum
Stick (1) - Steel

It seems we do have a pretty solid lynch at this point on Steel, so long as no one else removes the vote.

2 hours ago, Lumgol said:

@Mailliw73 

1) Does the false PM refer to something that was intended to be a PM?

2) If yes, I want to be cautious about not doing something potentially worthless.

For now, I'll keep my vote where it is, because I don't have that much of a motivation to change it.

It refers to the one that was not used more than initially. There were only 2 messages in it. If you use the first message of the other PM, then it's U.

Edit: and I can explain my reasoning tonight. It's not perfect, but probably my next best. 

Edited by Mailliw73

2 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

It refers to the one that was not used more than initially. There were only 2 messages in it. If you use the first message of the other PM, then it's U.

Huh. Interesting. I trust that person, if I understand your clues correctly.

Just now, Lumgol said:

Huh. Interesting. I trust that person, if I understand your clues correctly.

Sorry, I added an edit. I did too, but recently have lost a lot of trust in them. I'll explain more in PMs soon. 

3 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

So, one point I want to make clear is that Steel telling me his smoking targets always happened at the night turn, so it would be after the votes were visible. Two potential elim options(and I recognize this is with the assumption he's evil): 1. He's Vin and chose to claim one of the powers he can actually have. 2. He chose a role that was easy to fake and used the tallies to make his claim work. The second only works if someone else actually smoked Coop or if Elandera is lying about being a Rioter. We have yet to see Elandera actually Riot. Given my reads of them before, I generally trust Elandera much more than I do Steel. Another option is that he's just a village/elim Smoker and is actually jsut smoking at random like he claims, but that gives no real reads to his alignment. 

I am more than willing to bus Steel, as anyone who played that Secret Hitler game with us can attest. :P But, yes, it seems pretty clear that we aren't on the same team. 

An anti-village(elim and/or mistborn) Smoker still works. For the elims, it gives them some element of voting control without actually giving them vote manipulation abilities. And then Vin obviously has that ability. 

It's not him supporting the CadCom lynch without voting for CadCom that I have a problem with. It's the way he voted for Rae with contradictory reasons and then left it, supposedly knowing it would do no good, and then got angry at everyone else who voted for Rae. 

A dangerous game for Vin!Steel to play, but potentially successful between apathy and well-timed assistance from Zane. I don't particularly think Steel would have claimed to be the one to smoke Coop if he didn't, so that's unlikely. I do think he's probably a smoker 1, but as he never fully addressed why he's a village smoker, I can send Steel off the same way Maill departed, with an overwhelming lynch.

Elandera being a rioter should be testable today, when she moves someone's vote. @Elandera, be sure to submit your Riot.

Well. 

I've totalled my car, so I will no longer be camping this weekend. (Or at least until tomorrow) I dont know how much analysis I'll be doing though. I've got insurance stuff to do. 

@Steeldancer, it has been wonderful playing alongside you over the year or so I've been part of this community. I am sorry we had to lynch you so early in your final game before your mission, but I do feel a bit vindicated, you being a Lekal after all.

Just a few thoughts for you before you go. I feel much the same as Fifth. You were one of the first people to really make an impression as I started getting into this community. We were teammates during LG45, the House War. It was my first LG, and you did a lot to help me as we worked our way into helping House Elariel dominate (also dealing with my neurotic doc rants along the way). That game helped shape me as a player and sparked my obsession with this forum. 

Thank you for all of that. You're one of the players I most enjoy playing with, despite me trying to lynch you. Good luck on your mission. I'm sure you'll do great!

---

On to the rest of things. I'd like to take a closer look at Coop. While it's possible he was set up, that's just a lot of coincidence.

Normally I would go into PMs and say this stuff, but I dont have a lot of time as I am running sound for my theater today. (And the next 2 days, but setup is hard)

I am also curious if Joe can make use of this at all.

First of all, I encourage those Maill told he would vote on Steel to PM me or publically claim.

I ask this, because I went into my reread of Maill thinking he wasnt an elim, but could be a Mistborn. I didnt think he was an elim because in general, he has had several posts that seem really good to me. I think I pointed out a couple in thread.

The more I reread Maill/Steel interactions... there just arent any... Sure there are some, and Maill cast some shade on Steel D3, but it wasnt condemning really, and was preceded by a vote for Rath which also takes some power away from what he said about Steel. He then was the 4th vote on Steel.  I see this as a potential distancing attempt that picked up too much momentum, forcing him to bus.

I will re-evaluate if I get claims that Maill was planning on voting for Steel as early as N2.

That's pretty much all the time I have for now. I will probably be able to follow the thread loosely, and will try to respond to PMs.

If I die tonight, I trust Lum and Elandera.

Edit: no one has mentioned it, but it is worth noting that Steel is the Assassin as well. I dont think more need be said.

Edited by Furamirionind

I told Elandera and Lum that I wanted to try to lynch Steel. I told Coop before Xino died that Steel was my second suspicion. I had that whole post at the end of D1/start of D2 about Steel and my suspicions of him.