Luckily, as a Kandra, Varuun was able to survive Zane's hail of steel. Somewhat painful perhaps, but far from life-threatening. The abuse rained down upon him as punishment for failing his mission was far more agonising. Every bone in his previous body had been shattered, and he was shut in a safe for a week in his useless shell. Now though, Varuun had been given a second chance. This time, maintaining Elend's reign was not necessarily the highest priority. Instead, Varuun merely had to preserve Luthadel and keep its buildings intact in preparation for his master's eventual takeover.

4 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

I find it interesting that the Village needs to kill all Unstable Mistborn... There may be more than one? 

Vin is literally right there in the rules? Like, i just checked, she's not a secret role or anything, she's right there. :P

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

9 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

LG51. I dont think I did much RPing in that game.

Actually, Karn killed you. ;) I was busy Smoking that night. 

6 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

I find it interesting that the Village needs to kill all Unstable Mistborn... There may be more than one? :P

The Elend Venture role reminds me of LG15a, which means the village will really need to watch out for last minute bandwagons...

Hmmm... The QF will probably be over by the time this starts, so...

Captain Marianas Urbain never understood why people made such a fuss about sides. There was only one side, as far as he was concerned - the winning side. And that was obviously whatever side he was on. If the enemy knew what was good for them, they would be begging for mercy right about now. Because Marianas had never met a problem he couldn't solve with his axe.

Vin and Zane. Oh, looks like Joe beat me. :P 

3 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Vin is literally right there in the rules? Like, i just checked, she's not a secret role or anything, she's right there. :P

...I knew that. (Guess I was too quick getting into character - shoot first, ask questions later. :P)

Needa sat at the fountain, kicking her feet. To be honest, she didn't want to be here. Mommy had said that the King was going to do something, but Needa didn't see anything much. He was just talking. He'd mentioned something about an army and Needa had perked up at that, but then he had gone on talking about boring stuff and Needa had lost interest again.

Needa gave up on watching the king and turned her attention to the sky. Clouds drifted westward, forming and reforming various shapes. In the distance, she thought she could see two dark spots streaking across the sky. A pair of Mistborn? But friends or enemies? Needa drummed her fingers as she thought. Maybe they could be old enemies that had become friends. Like Mommy and the skaa informant! Mommy was always talking about how unreliable he was and how he wasn't worth the money, but then one day she'd started being a lot nicer to him. Needa hadn't actually seen what had happened, of course. All she knew was that Mommy said that because of the revolution, they had to be friends with all the skaa now.

She picked up a rock and idly threw it into the water, pretending that it was a coin and that she was Steelpushing it. It made a satisfying splash. Needa bent down to pick up to pick up a few more rocks, and threw one further. This one landed on the far edge of the fountain. It, too, made a good splash. Needa threw her third rock --

--and winced when it went too far and hit a pretty lady on the opposite side of the fountain.

Oops.

@Mailliw73

Edited by Arraenae

1 minute ago, Steeldancer said:

Am I totally going get lynched day 1? Absolutely. Am I joining this game as Zane the Mad? HECK FREAKING YES! 

Theres gonna be blood tonight begins whistling about death

*Watches Steel roll Zane*

This is why I am not a gm. xD

Nah, I’m not going to be Zane, because the village isn’t going to put up with me being alive and being a potential Zane, and will lynch me mercilessly day 1. And I’ll spend the entire time RPing as Zane, and it’ll be enormous fun. 

If only you could see the stupid grin on my face right now. There is nothing that makes me happier than LG41 and serial killers. I just shrieked when I saw Vin was a fellow serial killer. I am so excited to be lynched day one I can’t even. 

Edited by Steeldancer

5 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Nah, I’m not going to be Zane, because the village isn’t going to put up with me being alive and being a potential Zane, and will lynch me mercilessly day 1. And I’ll spend the entire time RPing as Zane, and it’ll be enormous fun.

No, you'll be RPing as Zane, and roll Vin. : P

Laila was turning to leave the square and the fool king when a stone hit her thigh. Who? Laila turned her neck in the direction the rock had been thrown and spotted a young girl there, a guilty and apologetic look on her face. Laila couldn't believe it. Whoever this girl was, why would she throw a stone at a lady, and one so obviously higher in status than anyone the girl had ever had in her home? She briefly considered going over and slapping the child, but decided to maintain her appearance of a courtly lady. Laila smiled kindly at the girl and waved. Then she Rioted the little one's feelings of shame and misery. She Pulled hard on the feelings, not caring for subtlety. It wasn't such an overwhelming Pull that the girl would drop to the ground in shock, but it was forceful. Figuring this girl was probably a very low noble or a skaa, Laila Pulled on the girl's hunger in a slower, longer Pull that would start as a growl and then deepen into a real ache. 

Zinc was the best medicine for an annoyed Lady Leurange. Laila smiled as she resumed her walk away from the square. 

@Arraenae

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

No, you'll be RPing as Zane, and roll Vin. : P

Wow, that'd be quite the split personality.

Zane whistled. His God had commanded him to return to Luthadel, but this time, Vin had agreed to help him in his task of imparting death. A part of him worried about his old romantic rival, Elend- his half brother, no less- but at the same time, Zane was a far superior partner to Vin than Elend ever could have been. He rode a storm of horseshoes, a trick Vin had originally figured out. Steel and iron, back and forth. It was a wonderful feeling, almost like the feeling of killing. Something his god was likely to ask him and his new partner to do. What could possibly go wrong? And so he whistled a merry tune as he prepared to deal death to those at Luthadel. 

Actually, I'd like to change my name to Lethir.

Why? Because Lethir has two syllables. Gaston from Beauty and the Beast also has two syllables. And it's much easier to change the names and parody a song when you don't have to mess around with the meter. :P

Just now, Young Bard said:

Why? Because Lethir has two syllables. Gaston from Beauty and the Beast also has two syllables. And it's much easier to change the names and parody a song when you don't have to mess around with the meter. :P

No... one... 

dies like Lethir when I kill a Lethir Fire a coin from my pouch it impales that Lethir 

the blood from his wound is exaggerated 

oh what a death has Lethir! 

1 minute ago, Young Bard said:

Another potential roleplay partner? :o:D 

Also, I just noticed your signature quote and I love it. 

Snip stood in the back Executive’s Scissors, and carefully cut fabric, prepping for tomorrow’s business. Some companies may have suffered during the Skaa rebellion, but not the seamstresses. Those Skaa merchants only meant even more suits to be made, and sold. Still, those rumors about the second army worried him. People weren’t exactly begging to buy a suit when they could barely afford food. And how the price of fabric would skyrocket. He would barely be able to afford Satin with what the economists were predicting. Satin! He shook his head. How could an artist like him work with mere Satin. He let out a sigh, and then returned to his work.

31 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Laila was turning to leave the square and the fool king when a stone hit her thigh. Who? Laila turned her neck in the direction the rock had been thrown and spotted a young girl there, a guilty and apologetic look on her face. Laila couldn't believe it. Whoever this girl was, why would she throw a stone at a lady, and one so obviously higher in status than anyone the girl had ever had in her home? She briefly considered going over and slapping the child, but decided to maintain her appearance of a courtly lady. Laila smiled kindly at the girl and waved. Then she Rioted the little one's feelings of shame and misery. She Pulled hard on the feelings, not caring for subtlety. It wasn't such an overwhelming Pull that the girl would drop to the ground in shock, but it was forceful. Figuring this girl was probably a very low noble or a skaa, Laila Pulled on the girl's hunger in a slower, longer Pull that would start as a growl and then deepen into a real ache. 

Zinc was the best medicine for an annoyed Lady Leurange. Laila smiled as she resumed her walk away from the square. 

@Arraenae

Wow, that'd be quite the split personality.

Needa hung her head as she watched the lady go. Somehow, seeing her kind response, without a hint of any anger, had made Needa feel even worse. She blinked back tears.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean it!" Needa called. She brought her sleeve to her eyes, to wipe them, then remembered that she was in public. Mommy had told her never to wipe her nose in public, it made her look like a skaa. She hung her head even lower, for almost forgetting that.

Hopefully she hadn't hurt the lady. Needa sat on her hands, to make sure that she couldn't throw any more rocks or use her blouse as a tissue. She resisted the urge to kick her feet, too, just in case it might disturb someone.

Meanwhile the king droned on. Needa tried paying attention to him, but all his words seemed to slide out of understanding. It was just so boring. Needa hoped he would end his speech soon, since she was starting to get hungry,

The girl was definitely skaa. No noble woman, young as she may be, would act so pitifully disgraceful. Especially in public! Laila turned back briefly as the girl shouted an apology. Everyone in a twenty yard radius turned at the outburst. Now everyone was glancing at Laila. Normally she adored attention, but when half the attention was from dirty skaa men, she did not want to be in the middle of it. And now she'd have to address the child in one way or another. 

Laila Rioted most of the closest people's sense of adulation and adoration. She would use this to her advantage. She went over to the child and whispered. "Little skaa should be more careful. Especially with powerful people." She Rioted the child's feelings of gratitude and joy as she breathed out her threat. Then she dropped a clip into the child's lap and smiled at those watching. They watched with smiles as their wonderful, generous, kind Lady Leurange comforted a poor child. She gave them her most gracious smile as she walked away. 

Lord Ruler, those skaa men gave her the chills. She swore they were always ogling her like she was some streetside whore. At least noble men had the decency to pretend like they weren't staring at her. She knew she was beautiful, and she knew how to play with their perceptions of her, but she didn't present herself for skaa. Hopefully someone would throw a ball tonight, even if they had just ousted Cett's minions. Lord Ruler knew she needed one. 

@Arraenae

Edited by Mailliw73