Just now, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

We messed up somewhere. I think there would have to be at least three elims on the Rae lynch to kill Elend, but I also don't think we can safely vote for anyone other than Rae.

I'm not switching just for even extra protection we might need when no one is voting for Elend. Integrity. :P

“Are we sure we want to be putting any trust in the words of a dying kandra, and whispers that we only thought we heard?” Needa held her hands out, as if waiting for the answer. “There’s no literature on the subject of the mist speaking to us, but there is literature on the subject of those under a lot of stress experiencing auditory hallucinations.”

“The church of the Survivor teaches us that the Mists were claimed by the Survivor after his Ascension.” Aname stepped forward, gently stroking a silver pin shaped as a spear. “I believe that these voices are true, that the Survivor of Hathsin speaks to us even now, telling us what we must know in order to survive.”

There were murmurs of agreement from the crowd. Needa resisted rolling her eyes as the superstition. Her whole life, she had been raised to believe that The Lord Ruler was god. Obviously, he had been lying. He was just a powerful man who took control. Now that he was dead, people were looking for a new god. "You really believe that Kelsier wants you to kill Heer Kilyal, an owl, in order to survive the army of Koloss."

There was more hesitation now, but Aname nodded. Needa rubbed her forehead and turned to go. "I'm not going to participate in this tomfoolery. I'm going home." She ignored the gasps of indignation from behind her. She had heard the same whispers they had, and was pretty sure it was imagined, possibly a result of a enemy Rioter inflaming their paranoia and fear. Actually, that was a good theory. She could probably find some evidence of that in the old histories, and show people that they needed to be hunting a rogue Misting, not searching for a new God.

She took the steps up to the Library two at a time, sparing no time as she hurried to the histories. She pulled one down from the shelf, skimmed its chapter headings, then grabbed another. Then a treatise on Allomancy. Then a treatise on Inquisitors. Almost two glorious hours of uninterrupted studying later, there was a crash and a woosh from the front door. She dropped her book and ran for the entryway. It was on fire. The front door was down, and fire was consuming the long carpets, tapestries, and furniture. Outside, she could hear a large crowd chanting, “Death to the non-believer! Kelsier died for us, and Survived that death! Kill those who impugn his glorious name!” There were more crashes from deeper in her library, and Needa knew she would not be escaping this. There was nothing else she could do.

Senn Conrad III stood out with the jeering mob of Survivorists in the late twilight hours, surrounding the library of Needa Naime. So that was where that skaa girl had been hiding herself all along. Among rows and shelves of books—not the typical hiding place for an inferior peasant. Though was she skaa? The former occupants had been illiterate, and perhaps a much better man, so anything was possible. Conrad dismissed the thoughts from his mind. He had more important things to focus on here. Namely, some inconvenient rumours that Lekal’s men could be traced back to documents in the very building held under seige by the Survivorists. 

As he stood in thought, one particularly inspired Survivorist leapt to his feet. “We need to break in there and give the heretic that runs this place a taste of the Survivor’s true power!” Some of the mob roared assent. Conrad smiled thinly. A perfect chance to rid Luthadel of its records which might trace him—mobs could be useful like that. Donning his hood, he projected his voice, using a trick he had learned to make it carry just above the hubbub of excited voices. “Burn her out! Take down this symbol of apostasy!” There was a brief pause, and some of the crowd around him took up the chant hesitantly. Conrad bellowed again, clear and loud. “Burn her out! Death to the unbeliever! Death!”

The chant was spreading now. Soon, nobody would recall its source. Which was all the better for him. Secrecy of identity was necessary for their mission. And another obstacle to that secrecy had been removed; the mob had already lit torches and begun their work. Taking one last glance into the freshly kindled flames which dotted the roof of the library, and which were starting to consume the building, Conrad stood aside, fading back into the emerging mists. Soon, nothing would stand in his way. Not even that Mistborn. 

“Is it Kelsier?” Elend looked around the hall, meeting the eyes of each of the Survivors former crewmembers in turn. “I’ve heard lots of myths about the man, but none like this. I know he had that Kandra, OreSeur, impersonate him after his death, but by all accounts, this is something else.”

Dockson leaned forward onto his elbows and clasped his hands together. “I’ve know him the longest, and I’m quite certain that if the dead could speak to the living, Kelsier would be the one to figure out how to. But,” he raised his arms and shrugged, “I’m open to other options.”

“Well, whatever this mistspirit is, Vin mentioned seeing it before she was taken.” Elend turned around and began to pace, pointedly ignoring the looks the others shot each other. “I believe it is real. If it can actually communicate with the dead, then we need to figure out how to talk to it. There are plenty of secrets that the dead can tell us.”

“You’re talking about the Lord Ruler’s Atium stache?”

Elend looked back and gave a tight smile. “Breeze’s plan notwithstanding, I’d still like to bribe the armies to go away. It’ll be easier than hunting down all their agents in the city.”

Hammond cleared his throat and stood up, “Speaking of, there was another riot today. Ms. Naime was killed. Her library was burned down with her inside. We need to maintain order in the city. I don’t think we can waste time ghost hunting.”

“On the contrary my dear Ham,” Breeze pointed, “if it is Kelsier, Vin will obey him. If we get Vin back, she can rally the people behind him, Ascendent Warrior and all, and order and morale will be restored.”

If he deigns to support our noble led government.” said Dockson. “If.”

Arraenae was lynched! She was the Librarian!

Vote Count:

Rae (7): Elandera, Fura, Xino, Devotary, Steel, Rath, CadCom

CadCom (2): Coop, HH

Maill (1): Lum, Stink

Rath (1): Stick

Xino (1): Maill

Night 2 has begun! It will end in about 22-23 hours, on Wednesday 22 May at 9 PM EDT (-4:00 UTC).

PMs are currently open. Please remember all rules regarding the use of PMs; namely, make sure that I am in all of them, that they are only one-on-one, and that you refrain from PMing anybody who is not living and on the player list. Enjoy flooding my inbox again. :P 

Player List:

1. Mailliw73 as Laila, a noblewoman whose pretentiousness is rivaled only by her disdain for Elend

2. Elandera as Era, an old Terriswoman too stubborn to evacuate a ruined city

3. Lumgol as Aname Plees, a skaa representative of Elend wanting to fight Lekal

4. Furamirionind as Ford Prefect, a hidden, delusional researcher and author

6. Snipexe as Snip, a fabric cutter in the local quilt chain, Reap What You Sew

7. Araris Valerian as Hadrian Penrod, a versatile man with a versatile definition of mortality Village Soother 2

8. Xinoehp512 as Dedne, a depressed man working long hours at Reap What You Sew

9. Young Bard as Lethir, a man with self-confidence and an axe to grind Village Thug 1

10. Devotary of Spontaneity as Varuun, a Kandra given a second chance at accomplishing her goals

11. Arraenae as Needa Naime, a slightly oblivious girl who loves her mother The Librarian

12. Steeldancer as Zane the Mad, who likes singing about killing and death (normal?)

13. Ark1002 as Abe, a skaa who knows his place within the established order of things

14. Rathmaskal as Doma, a recluse who spends her life making small wooden statues

15. Cadmium Compounder as Cadoxi, an armourer from House Venture fleeing Straff’s displeasure

16. Hemalurgic Headshot as Makail, an unemployed skaa enjoying his free lifestyle

17. STINK as Jumae II, a colourful and enigmatic character

18. _Stick_ as Astick, an old man with a wooden leg that secretly contains vials of metal

19. Straw as Oramen Hausk, a minor noble reduced to begging in the aftermath of the Lord Ruler’s fall

20. Adavantos as Ixiom Renaud, who believes that no supposition should be held as axiomatic

21. Coop772 as Heer Kilyal II, a snowy owl struggling to escape extinction

22. Randuir as De’Tess, a Kandra given a second opportunityVillage Smoker 2

Good luck!

Edited by Fifth Scholar
[hr] is such a fickle code

Well bummer, now maills argument that the rae switch was an elim hammer seems more valid, which makes it seem like me or one of the other previous lynch candidates is evil.

I just want to point out that the reason I removed my vote from Coop and onto rae was to still vote for someone who I did find suspicious, but also allow the lynch to move towards being consolidated on me. When I have time, I'll look at everyone who voted on rae after my vote, and after the votes started leaving me.

1 minute ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Well bummer, now maills argument that the rae switch was an elim hammer seems more valid, which makes it seem like me or one of the other previous lynch candidates is evil.

I just want to point out that the reason I removed my vote from Coop and onto rae was to still vote for someone who I did find suspicious, but also allow the lynch to move towards being consolidated on me. When I have time, I'll look at everyone who voted on rae after my vote, and after the votes started leaving me.

Again, I don't know if any of the candidates were evil. You have moved down my suspicions list. Coop, I have no idea. I'd bet there's much more village votes on Rae than elims. 

Obviously, I'm not staying in character as Laila anymore. It's been too hard to actually explain my ideas in such a role. I will try to RP frequently still. 

My scan on Maill returned no result. This could mean a few things.

1) Maill is roleless.

2) My scan was roleblocked or someone Smoked Maill, but judging from the rules, that doesn't seem possible. @Fifth Scholar could you clarify?

3) Someone holds some kind of a secret role that can obfuscate my scan results. I find this rather unlikely but theoretically possible.

4) Some roles (presumably Senn Conrad, and/or the Mistborn) don't show up in scans for balance reasons - they would automatically be outed as elim or Mistborn. Again, Fifth, could you provide some clarification on this?

But yeah. I find the first option the most likely, or maybe the 4th. What do people think?

9 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

1) Maill is roleless.

2) My scan was roleblocked or someone Smoked Maill, but judging from the rules, that doesn't seem possible. @Fifth Scholar could you clarify?

3) Someone holds some kind of a secret role that can obfuscate my scan results. I find this rather unlikely but theoretically possible.

4) Some roles (presumably Senn Conrad, and/or the Mistborn) don't show up in scans for balance reasons - they would automatically be outed as elim or Mistborn. Again, Fifth, could you provide some clarification on this?

But yeah. I find the first option the most likely, or maybe the 4th. What do people think?

Smoking only specifically blocks Soothers, Rioters, and Seekers. I don't think it'd block Tineyes. And, your 4th point doesn't work. If powerful elims didn't show up because they'd be automatically outed, the fact that they aren't showing up makes them automatically outed. 

What

the 

heck

my leaving my vote on Rae was NOT an open invitation to lynch her! I didn’t intend to get her lynched? I point the finger of suspicion at each individual who thought it was a good idea to lynch her. I’m really kind of pissed off right now. Why’d you think that was a smart lynch?! 

4 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

What

the 

heck

my leaving my vote on Rae was NOT an open invitation to lynch her! I didn’t intend to get her lynched! I point the finger of suspicion at each individual who thought it was a good idea to lynch her. I’m really kind of pissed off right now. Why’d you think that was a smart lynch?! 

Not to be rude, but I don't think you have any right to be "pissed off". You may not have intended to lynch her completely, but you put a vote on her for the exact same reasons anyone else did. The only difference was the timing. And for the first 3 or 4 people, that's exactly the same. The last few only did it to ensure no Elend lynch happened. 

28 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

your 4th point doesn't work. If powerful elims didn't show up because they'd be automatically outed, the fact that they aren't showing up makes them automatically outed. 

If there's roleless people in the game, the whole point is to make the powerful elims look like roleless people, so that there would be uncertainty as to their role.

If this game is Role Madness, however, you're right; pretty much the only thing that 4th point would achieve is obfuscating exactly which powerful elim they are. And that would get them lynched regardless.

46 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

1) Maill is roleless.

2) My scan was roleblocked or someone Smoked Maill, but judging from the rules, that doesn't seem possible. [Fifth] could you clarify?

Both you and Stink voted for Maill, but the writeup indicates that there was only one vote. @Fifth Scholar, if a Tineye 2's vote was soothed, would they still learn the role of the player they voted for? There weren't any roleless players last time around, so I don't think that's the reason.

Just now, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Both you and Stink voted for Maill, but the writeup indicates that there was only one vote. @Fifth Scholar, if a Tineye 2's vote was soothed, would they still learn the role of the player they voted for? There weren't any roleless players last time around, so I don't think that's the reason.

As stated in the existing rules clarifications, a Tineye 2 will not receive results if Soothed or lynched.

Quick question: A bunch of people received pms from Joe that Coop was an elim right? But Coop claimed that he had received a pm that Lum was an elim, right? Did anyone else receive this pm, or was this addressed in thread, and I missed it?

4 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Quick question: A bunch of people received pms from Joe that Coop was an elim right? But Coop claimed that he had received a pm that Lum was an elim, right? Did anyone else receive this pm, or was this addressed in thread, and I missed it?

As far as I know, I was the only one who received a PM saying that Coop is evil.

8 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

As stated in the existing rules clarifications, a Tineye 2 will not receive results if Soothed or lynched.

Ah, looks like we figured it out. Someone likely soothed Lum. Interesting. I wonder if that was someone not on to see that she switched her vote off Coop. 

4 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

Just Coop got one about Lum and vice versa. The only PM multiple people claimed was the emoji if you're a mistborn one. 

1 minute ago, Mailliw73 said:

Ah, looks like we figured it out. Someone likely soothed Lum. Interesting. I wonder if that was someone not on to see that she switched her vote off Coop. 

Just Coop got one about Lum and vice versa. The only PM multiple people claimed was the emoji if you're a mistborn one. 

So that’s what was mixing me up, glad that I don’t have to do a reread to check

Yeah, I'm thinking I was probably soothed. I haven't considered that. Assuming I was Soothed, that leaves a few possible conclusions:

1) Maill is elim/mistborn, and he or one of his teammates soothed me to cover for him showing up as a special role or something.

2) Coop is elim/mistborn, and he or one of his teammates didn't notice me switch my vote and kept their soothing action on me.

3) Someone might be trying to discredit my role and then frame me? I think that's less likely.

There are many many other possibilities, these are just a few that stick out to me.

10 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

Yeah, I'm thinking I was probably soothed. I haven't considered that. Assuming I was Soothed, that leaves a few possible conclusions:

1) Maill is elim/mistborn, and he or one of his teammates soothed me to cover for him showing up as a special role or something.

2) Coop is elim/mistborn, and he or one of his teammates didn't notice me switch my vote and kept their soothing action on me.

3) Someone might be trying to discredit my role and then frame me? I think that's less likely.

There are many many other possibilities, these are just a few that stick out to me.

Another could be that they were simply confirming your role. Soothing you, and then seeing what you say in thread is a good way to check if you are in fact a tin

43 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

In addendum to 3, or to frame me/Coop (depending on who your vote was on when they soothed it).

@Rathmaskal

Elandera    - Early on at least I'm concerned with the low activity level.  Not used to seeing this.

I definitely understand the concern here. The activity level I've shown this game is definitely not in line with my usual play style. I attribute it somewhat to still recovering from a very bad illness and general business with work and life. In less than a month, I'm helping host a writer's retreat and have had to put together several extra presentations since one of our people just dropped out. It's made my life a bit more hectic.

Also, I'm trying to play a little bit more reserved this game with voicing suspicion. At least until we find the Mistborn. That means I'll be making fewer posts with slightly more guarded content. 

Regarding Lum's apparent soothing, I think our best bet would be to lynch either Coop or Maill next turn to see how they flip. We can drastically narrow down a suspect pool of cohorts depending on who flips which way. If it's Coop and he's elim/Mistborn, then his companion was likely not among the several people on in the last hours. If it's Maill who's elim/Mistborn, it would likely be the opposite.

First of all, I’m going to say that everybody that voted Rae = super sus

at least until I look a bit more into it

7 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

I'd bet there's much more village votes on Rae than elims. 

I doubt that. As I said earlier, she was gaining votes way too quick in succession for it to be mostly villager votes. 

I’d even say the elims would have considered going for the Elend lynch is there weren’t like 10 people online near the end of turn. There wasn’t a solid enough lynch by the last 5 hours of rollover, which resulted in that...mess of a last hour. 

7 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Maill (1): Lum, Stink

hMmmM. The vote was not counted and doesnt appear to have moved elsewhere. So we can assume it was probably soothed off.

3 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

What

the 

heck

my leaving my vote on Rae was NOT an open invitation to lynch her! I didn’t intend to get her lynched! I point the finger of suspicion at each individual who thought it was a good idea to lynch her. I’m really kind of pissed off right now. Why’d you think that was a smart lynch?! 

Was this post an accident? You posted the exact same thing quite a bit ago.