MISTBORN! 

The LORD RULER wants you! 

Contact Lady Laila Tourange via messenger to collaborate in finding the infiltrators. She promises amnesty from all other crimes as you aid in the protection of the greatest city in the Empire! Support the Lord Ruler's legacy and He will bless you in return.

Bren shook her head as she hung the posters her mistress had made. Lady Tourange was in love with the Lord Ruler and he was dead! And he'd been crazy in the first place... What odd people nobles were. 

Edited by Mailliw73
Wow that formatting was off

OK, so the bandwagon appeared on me over my vote on Joe (well, also Lum, but that was a hasty vote made when I was tired late at night, so I acknowledge that was probably a mistake), so we should probably figure out what Joe is in order for me to prope

Here's what we know. When Fura asked about Joe being in the game, Fifth responded by saying:

@Furamirionind, Joe is still in the game. Why wouldn’t he be?

And yet, they have not spoken in the thread, they can not be PM'ed. However, I just received clarification that they are targetable by actions, as a player.

The thing is, there's one role that is fairly similar to this - Elend Venture, Fifth's GM role. Here's a clarification by Fifth last cycle about players not appearing on the player list:

The player list is fully correct. :ph34r: However, it may not contain a comprehensive list of those who are interacting with the game through indirect means. For instance, I can be lynched, even though I’m not in the playerlist (and neither is Elend).

If Joe has a similar type of role, then it would be obvious why they have not responded in thread - they are a co-GM, not a 'player' in the normal sense, and therefore it would obviously be kind of problematic if they were to start talking and acting like a player in the thread. In fact, I found it strange to begin with that Joe would join as a player before since, as someone who was originally going to be GM'ing, they knew many of the earlier secrets. If they are actually a co-GM, just one with a mechanical effect on the game, then that's suddenly not an issue.

So, if Joe is a co-GM, and has a role that is targetable by actions and presumably the lynch, then the obvious next question is what role they have. I believe this would likely have to be Jestas Lekal, which is an excellent counterpoint to Fifth's Elend role, but aligned with the Elim team. I struggle to see Joe as a Village aligned co-GM, for a number of reasons.

The first is a matter of balance. I think there is a certain aesthetic that would be achieved by having two GM's, each of which had a 'player' that worked for one of the main two sides.

The second (and more convincing) reason is that a number of people who defended Joe last round are people who I find suspicious. In particular, after I suggested that Joe may have a role that did not allow them to speak in thread, Fura made a post that I found extremely suspect - I'm including that in the section on the bandwagon on me below.

The third and final reason is that I just don't see all that many alternatives that seem to fit like this does. I am in a PM with somebody that suggested they may actually be a role like Kelsier, who is a Cognitive Shadow, and therefore unable to speak in the thread. I... can't see this being the case. If it were a player-Kelsier, then I would find it extremely unlikely that they would be given such a restrictive role that they couldn't talk, period, because at that point it wouldn't be fun for the player. As a GM-Kelsier, it makes more sense, but I again don't necessarily see that being aligned with the village.

Because of all this, I think there's a very strong case that we should lynch Joe tomorrow, as a likely stealth-Elim co-GM role. Even if I'm wrong, and I don't think I am, then it will still give us lots of information based on who was in favour and against a Joe lynch.

(Now I guess I'll just wait for @Lumgol to come in and completely demolish my theory since she actually scanned Joe... :ph34r:)

OK, so let's have a look at the lynch yesterday.

As of about 8 hours before cycle end, the lynch was wide open. Here's a vote count from that time, just as I swap to Lum:

Rand (3) - CadCom, Lumgol, Ark
Lumgol (3) - Araris, Fura, Bard
CadCom (1) - Adavantos
Rae (1) - Rand
Straw (1) - HH
Araris(1) - Fura
Joe(2) - Maill, Lum

(Note: Rae had voted on Araris previously and retracted.)

Fura responds to my suspicion of Joe here:

Everyone voting on Joe, I genuinely think Joe cant talk in thread. I plan on trying to PM him tonight, and would like it if you all dont mess that up. : P (granted, I am not positive he will respond to PMs eather... )

Why am I so sure he cant speak in the thread? A couple reasons.

1. When I tagged him asking if he was playing, he was in the thread. He was also lurking almost the entire first half of the day.  A "are you playing this game" is pretty easy, and Joe historically has not completely avoided posting. So I believe something stopped him.

2. He was a co-gm at one point. If he know some or all of the games secrets, it would make sense to somehow prevent him from spilling them.

3. Name ISNT IN THE PLAYER LIST. What does this mean? Can we even lynch him? Idk.

4. Fifth implied that he couldn't speak. He heavily implied Joe could only interact with us INDIRECTLY. Speaking in thread, would be directly influencing the game. Do you disagree?

First of all, I missed where Fifth implied that Joe couldn't speak - was this in a PM, @Furamirionind?

Secondly, this seems off to me. It feels like Fura started with trying to prove Joe was innocent and went to search for reasons to dissuade suspicion of him without getting too close (Stink makes a similar post, but is actually strongly worded enough that I think an Elim Stink would probably distance themselves a little more). In particular, even if Joe couldn't talk, how does that clear him in any way whatsoever? It just says he can't talk. Especially now that we know that we can't speak to him through PM's either, this looks a lot like a delaying tactic.

The bandwagon on Araris appears first, and then Rae and CadCom in quick succession vote on me. Rae says that Lum could easily prove their role, so my vote makes no sense (which is... fair), and also defends Joe. CadCom provides no reasoning except that they agree with Rae - I thought they were more of an analyser than that, though they might be busy.

Elan votes on me a little later, by which time it seems to be a race between Araris and I, so part of it is based on not having a suspicion of Araris, and part is based on a distrust of me wanting to lynch a powerful role. It's precisely because it was a powerful role that I was suspicious - I didn't think any villager would claim that publicly short of nearly being lynched. That said, Lum has always been much more open with claims than I would be.

The final vote is Rathmaskal, who doesn't find Araris suspicious and votes for me as the other major candidate. I wish there'd been a little more analysis on why that's the case, but that's pretty normal for Rath.

The order of the votes from most to least suspicious would probably be CadCom, Rae, Rath, Elan.

33 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

First of all, I missed where Fifth implied that Joe couldn't speak - was this in a PM, @Furamirionind?

No, it was actually the post you mentioned earlier: (for some reason, multi-quote isn't working for me so...)

Is his [Joe's] omission from the player list intentional?

The player list is fully correct. :ph34r: However, it may not contain a comprehensive list of those who are interacting with the game through indirect means. For instance, I can be lynched, even though I’m not in the playerlist (and neither is Elend).

He implied he couldn't interact with the game directly. I believe talking to people is a direct influence on the game, hence why I say Fifth is implying Joe cannot speak.

33 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

So, if Joe is a co-GM, and has a role that is targetable by actions and presumably the lynch, then the obvious next question is what role they have. I believe this would likely have to be Jestas Lekal, which is an excellent counterpoint to Fifth's Elend role, but aligned with the Elim team. I struggle to see Joe as a Village aligned co-GM, for a number of reasons.

That is an interesting idea, however that is exactly why I asked this:

3 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

@Fifth Scholar, I would like direct confirmation. I am not allowed to PM the player known as: A Joe in the Bush?

Notice my specific wording, in calling Joe a player.

3 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

As the player you mentioned is not on the player list, PMing him would be illegal. 

Notice Fifth's response, in which he refers to the player I mentioned. The only 2 people mentioned in my post are Fifth and Joe. So Fifth has to be refering to Joe.

Next question, can GMs be considered players? By definition, no. Fifth can be lynched, but he as the GM is bipartisan. He tries, not to let his team win, but to make the game as fair and fun as possible. Therefore, GMs cannot be players.

Therefore, I am confident Joe is not a GM. He is a player, with a wincon.
I personally think if anything, Joe is likely a neutral with an independent wincon.

Anyway, with not being able to PM Joe, I am growing more certain that Joe is a red herring, meant to distract us from finding Mistborn/Elims.

Edit: I say he is a red herring, and then dedicate an entire post trying to prove it... Making my conclusion less meaningful, as I seem to be going against it. However, after this post, I will be focusing on non-Joe analysis.

Edited by Furamirionind

@Furamirionind, have you also considered that Fifth answered that question the way he did because Joe isn't actually a player? :P 

In other news, the people that joined the Araris wagon late are just a bit more likely to be village unless bard is evil, as there would be little reason for the elims to commit to a mislynch in the closing stages of the cycle otherwise. Its hardly a guarantee of their alignment, but its something to start with.

Just letting you all know, I'm kind of busy today and tomorrow, so my responses today might be perfunctory at best.

The shop was open! Needa opened the door and flounced inside. Mommy walked in behind her at a more sedate pace.

The shop was filled with quilts of all sorts of wonderful colors. Needa ran up to them and buried her fingers in a quilt with a star pattern, feeling the wonderful warmth of the cloth.

Now to start her task. Needa turned to the man who looked like the storekeeper and asked, "Mister, what's this made of?"

I've thought a bit about Bard's actions last cycle, and although I don't like him voting on me just because I roleclaimed and his effort to lynch Joe, those behaviors don't seem evil.

An elim wouldn't lynch someone who roleclaims a powerful role, they'd kill them. Besides, lynching someone who reveals an important role makes the people who do it immediately suspicious.

For now, I'll refrain from telling in thread what Joe's role is, but I have PMed it to several people.

Edited by Lumgol

11 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Still no clarification on whether the eliminator kill and SK kill will be differentiated? 

Correct. D1 I asked the same thing. Here is my list of questions, with Fifth's responses.

1. Does the write up differentiate between elim night kills and SK ones?

2. If a player survives a night kill, does the writeup specify how?
    2a. If it does specify how, does it just say something like "A lurcher was responsible" or "The role Lurcher 2 was responsible"?

3. Can a player that has multiple active abilities use more than one of them per turn? (For instance, if a player had both Seeker roles, could they use both of them?)
     3a. If no, if a player had both Smoker roles, could they use both of them in the same cycle?)

3. If I was a Lurcher 2 for instance, and I was targeted by a Smoker 2, and I targeted Mailliw, who was also targeted by a Seeker 2, would that Seeker see that Mailliw was being targeted by a Lurcher? (xD complicated scenario)

4a. For the Coinshot 2, are the roles that are able to target a Coinshot 2 told that in their GMPMs?
4b. Are the Coinshot's told what roles can target them?
4c. Is the clause "Certain roles may still target you" just put in there to allow roleblockers to be able to roleblock them?

5. Is the Hazekiller told what power they grant the player?

6. What would happen if a Hazekiller targeted someone who has both Allomantic abilities already?

7. Can a non-Zane/Vin player start the game with multiple Allomantic abilities?

8. Does Thug 1 attacking someone count as a "Night Kill"?

1. PAFO. 

2. Nope! And who says I’m specifying who gets attacked in the writeup if they survive? :P 

2a. By extension, nope. :D 

3. *head spins* Umm...no, I think. :P 

4a-c. PAFO, PAFO, PAFO. 

5. Perhaps. 

6. PAFO.

7. PAFO. 

8. For the purposes of what? Lurchers? Yes. 

Hope that was helpful. :P 

20 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

By “determining factor,” I meant that if even all the Elims are dead, if Mistborn are still around the Village loses. Thus, the Mistborn determine Village victory.

That makes more sense than what it looked like you were saying, which was that the Mistborn would help bring about a village victory.

I have big post coming because I am miffed rn, so that is what I do. Again, Jumae is gone because whimsicality is not needed here. And so we begin, and I will put dotted lines in between sections for ease of reading. First,

-------------------------------------------------

THE BALLAD OF JOE:

1. Fura asks why Joe isn’t on the player list. 

2. Fifth says player list is correct, but don’t have to be on it to be in the game.

3. Lumgol says Joe is secret.

4. Cadmium speculates that Joe is Kelsier, and is related to Vin.

5. Mailliw votes for Joe.

6. Bard votes for Joe, asks for explanation.

7. Devotary suggests that Joe is Preservation, and cannot speak.

8. Fura formally denounces the lynch on Joe.

9. Stick says Joe is a co-GM, and may be similar to Fifth’s role as Elend.

10. Lumgol votes Joe to find out their role.

11. Fura wants to interact with Joe so doesn’t want him dying.

12. Stink suggests leaving the Joe situation alone and just kind of ignoring him.

13. Straw suggests waiting till D2 to lynch Joe.

14. Hemalurgic Headshot says don’t lynch Joe as secret roles are fun.

15. Rae suggests that Joe is Kelsier, doesn’t want him lynched.

16. Bard proposes that we should be more suspicious of Joe.

17. Mailliw says that Stink is protecting Joe.

18. Bard suggests that Joe is Jestas Lekal, and is an Elim Figurehead.

19. Fura thinks Joe is a neutral with an independent wincon.

Why is it all bold? Because Google Docs, Idk. Anyway, these are all posts that matter in relation to Joe. As for PMs that matter in relation to Joe, there's another few things:

1. Mailliw really wanted to know why I 'supported' Joe.
  2. Lumgol has PM'd at least 2 people, Mailliw and I. And if they haven't PM'd you, they got Kelsier in response to their vote.

Not that many PMs, but hey now everyone should know what Lum got in response, because that should be secret. Also someone feel free to counter-claim.

Anyway, I don't actually want to analyse this as I frankly don't care about Joe's involvement in the game. He's not on the player list, so he can do whatever. That's just how games work. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

IS COOP COOPED UP?

I bring to the attention of the court, but without quoting but you can scroll up, Bard's post where he mentions someone possibly being in a similar situation to Joe, where they cannot speak in thread but are actually on the player list or w/e. Basically everyone on the player list has posted, except for one person (which is kinda ruined by the title of this chapter), which is coop.

So yeah, Coop didn't respond to any of my PMs which made me sad, and I can't get their view on this but apparently Bard has and I don't like it. This is a short chapter for the most part.

Also loads of people don't wanna talk to me in PMs :(

--------------------------------------------------------------

ARARIS OR BARD?

Not a chapter, Araris shouldn't have been lynched upon making a summary of his posts. Y'all killed a guy for committing to what he says about lynching on D1. That's cold. Like no-one really lynched him for anything really, half of them are because people didn't want Bard to die. Sad chapter, this one is.

--------------------------------------------------------------

MAILLIW OR NO-ONE ELSE REALLY THIS IS JUST ABOUT MAILLIW

Here is also a summary of Mailliw's posts that I think are pertinent:

1. Joke vote on Elend.

2. Will discuss thoughts in both PMs and in thread.

3. Unvotes Randuir.

4. Says those voting Araris are “fools”, but in RP terms.

5. Asks the Unstable Mistborn to contact him to help find Elims. Votes Steel.

6. Says Steel vote is because his Araris vote seemed to be the tipping point.

7. Makes another post asking Unstable Mistborn to contact him.

Look at all this beautiful bolding. It's amazing. Now for some analysis/whatever it probably won't be that useful.

(1) is whatever, good joke I can appreciate it.

(2) Just a normal thing in response to Randuir, again a whatever.

(4) This is where things get interesting, he defends Araris slightly by just saying those voting for him are in the wrong, but doesn't really commit to any defence with any analysis or anything, just wants it known or something I guess.

(5) I don't think anyone really realised he'd asked the Mistborn to contact him D1, but yeah he did and also didn't like Steel at the time, and that bit is fair.

(6) Again, a defence of Araris but not really, just something to be thrown in there I guess? Idk, feels kinda non-committal. 

(7) This one is a lot more obvious, but he really wants claims from the mistborn and all that.

Now that small post analysis has been done, because I don't really like any of those posts, it's PM time! Yeah, I have like no PMs so I gotta make do with what I got, okay?

Firstly, he was one of two to PM me first without me doing anything, and for I truly am thankful Mailliw. You remembered me when only one other person did. But also, it was a PM about Joe which just made me go 'ugh'. Again, he ain't on the player list so he ain't my problem.

Around halfway through the cycle, Mailliw apparently knows like 5 roles including his, and I have no idea why so many people are claiming this apparently if his word is to be trusted. Like cmon guys, it's not even N2 yet. How can you do this. There really isn't anything else there, except why are so many people claiming to this guy? 

All in all, I'll vote for Mailliw tomorrow unless the situation changes drastically. 

----------------------------------------------------

LUMGOL MAYBE? IDK IT'S SOMETHING LIKE THAT GETTING KINDA BORED

Lumgol's claim is an interesting situation, but it's also whatever 'cause I don't wanna lynch them tomorrow so I'll deal with it later. What is more interesting is the reaction to it! There's two or three main actors for this, who are Bard, Rae and Elandera. Others are kinda related, but aren't that mainstream yet (but I got my eye on Randuir).

Bard wasn't a big fan of the claim, so went after Lumgol. Fair, it was a really weird claim and like there wasn't really any pressure that led to it? Maybe they just really wanted to help with the Joe situation, a situation that shouldn't exist.

Rae and Elandera though, are massive fans of this claim. Both vote for Bard due to questioning that claim, with this being the only thing Elandera really did in my notes. So yeah, those three got a big ol 'connect me' line in the relationship chart of this game.

---------------------------------------------------

CLOSING NOTES

This is post is kinda long, and I'm kinda tired so don't wanna add more.

Feel free to PM me all your role claims like you're all supposedly doing to others, oh and also don't trust Fura with anything sensitive.

30 minutes ago, STINK said:

Rae and Elandera though, are massive fans of this claim. Both vote for Bard due to questioning that claim, with this being the only thing Elandera really did in my notes. So yeah, those three got a big ol 'connect me' line in the relationship chart of this game.

I wouldn't say I was a fan of the claim. I actually stated I disagree with her tendency to play so open about claims. My support (if it can be called that) of Lum was more stating that the claim was in line with her play style. 

I disagreed that lynching her over the claim was a good idea, so I responded with my own vote. 

Anyway, can't post more. Time for dinner.

Hi guys. I said I was going to make PMs, and I really was intending to. Unfortunately I was at my sibling's dance recital pretty much all day, and just seriously haven't had time to do any significant PMing. If I don't die, I promise I'll make those PMs during the next night turn, which should be on wednesday, which is a day I don't have work and have no responsibilities, so I'll have the time to make those PMs and gather some information for my hunt for the serial killers. 
Also, anybody who dies: feel free to join my game. I'm not currently trying to figure out who has read skyward, but... if you have, ya know, it's my last hurrah on this community. I'd appreciate your presence. Thanks, love you guys. 
Hilarity aside, I'm kind of terrified I'm going to be offed tonight because of my single minded determination to rip Zane and Vin to shreds. If I die, I recommend a couple of things when hunting the serial killer:
1. Believe nothing they say. Their actions are the only true indicators of their evil ways.
2. Vin will be reluctant to claim, and Zane will happily claim thug, or maybe seeker. Remember zane can use 2 abilities in a turn, so if somebody claims a zane ability, try having someone scan his allomancy during the same turn, because he'll be unable to use copper and prove his ability and use the kill. Likewise, be suspicious of anyone who has the allomancy hiding copper. Actions speak louder than words.
3. I hate to say it, but trust the eliminators to help out. The assassin is the one thing Zane fears. I know I lived in constant fear of the assassin and the assassin kill during LG41. If you can pin him down, try letting the assassin have a go at it, because otherwise it's kind of a waste of a lynch (cuz Zane has that Thug 2 thing). 
My Serial Killer document should give you some idea of what kind of nonsense might be going through their heads. Not promising it'll reveal their intentions, but maybe it'll help you get in the right headspace for understanding how they might approach the game. Hope this advice helps if I get offed. 

6 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Just letting you all know, I'm kind of busy today and tomorrow, so my responses today might be perfunctory at best.

The shop was open! Needa opened the door and flounced inside. Mommy walked in behind her at a more sedate pace.

The shop was filled with quilts of all sorts of wonderful colors. Needa ran up to them and buried her fingers in a quilt with a star pattern, feeling the wonderful warmth of the cloth.

Now to start her task. Needa turned to the man who looked like the storekeeper and asked, "Mister, what's this made of?"

"Cloth," said Dedne without looking up from his accounting.

De’Tess leaned against the brick wall of the shop, eyes closed, ears and nose twitching back and forth. It was an old trick TrellVin had once taught them. People know to hide their form from sight, but few think to hide their scent, and kandra could smell and hear better than any but a tineye. So they leaned against the wall, waiting, listening, and protecting. The comfortable burn of copper in their belly kept them warm through their long vigil. They could make out the voices of the mistings inside the building if they tried to, but tonight their senses were tuned outward, listening for the telltale thud of a body landing on stone.

De’Tess knew in their heart they were being hunted.

. . .n you hea. . .

Their ears twitched towards the phantom voice, trying to figure out where it came from. They opened their eyes, and looked around. It had sounded like someone was whispering right in their face, but the street was empty. There didn’t seem to be anyone on the roofs either.

. . .andra, right? So yo. . .

They fell into a crouch, and their flesh shifted, dropping a bone knife into a waiting hand. Someone was there, and De’Tess couldn’t see them. With their free hand, they reached out, and knocked on the door of the shop. The voices inside quieted. “Dedre? Is that you?”

Pitching their voice higher, as they had been since deciding on a name, they called out, “Yeah, I think someone is out here.”

A muttered curse, from two directions at once. One from inside the shop, as their new allies began to make their way to the door to aide them, and one from a refuse pile across the street. De’Tess flung their knife instinctively towards the pile, right as a crossbow bolt was fired out of it. Knife and bolt met midair in a splinter of bone and wood, and De’Tess sprinted for the pile.

. . . atch out be. . .

They skidded and spun, facing a voice that had come from nowhere. What was going on? Was someone else there or not?

It was all the distraction that was needed. Someone exploded from the refuse, swinging a great big sword. De’Tess spun again to face it, but failed to avoid the overhead swing. It cut clean through shoulder, ribcage, and out the far hip. They gasped as they felt the forcible separation of their blessings.

The door to the shop burst open and skaa mistings poured into the street. The swordsman cursed again sprinting away as some began to pursue. More dropped to their knees around De’Tess. Suddenly, another was there. A spectrial, misty figure.

Kandra, can you hear me? This is important.

Was this Preservation? “Yes, I can.” Their life was fading.

I need you to repeat my words.

Fynn Seidel's soul wasn't broken enough to contain me. Needed someone more broken, someone who could truly hear me as more than a whisper. Needed to find a spiked. Who is spiked? Vin is, Zane is, is my kandra still with them? What about my brother, can I find him? If i can talk, I can protect Vin. Have to get her away from Zane, away from the servant of that dark god. Bring her back to Elend. Really, I need to get rid of Jastes as well. If she doesn’t have anything to live for, she’ll let him loose.

What do I have to work with here? I know every Possibility, but not the Probabilities.

Hadrian is here. He’s understandably frustrated. If he figures anything out, I’ll try to convey his thoughts to someone.

I should probably follow Lethir, almost certain he works against Elend. Laila is lying as always, and Jumae the 2nd is being one of the smartest people I have seen since I died.

It’s hard to get my messages across. No way to hear what people say to me without everyone else hearing. I have too few words for too many ears. Too many secrets.

De’Tess whispered the words aloud as they heard them, nonsensical as they were. The villagers crowded around them murmured to each other in confusion.

“Have I done good, my lord?” They could barely see anything except the spirit.

You did. Come with me, and be at peace.

Lethir scowled as Dedre besmirched his good name. With her last words, she cast doubt on him? What the ashes had he ever done to her? He stood up and called to the others. “Come on, we have to chase down her murderer.” A couple of the Pewterarms nodded, and they ran down the street, burning Pewter to catch up with the swordsman. 

Lethir lead them down the alleyway the swordsman had taken, kicking off the wall to redirect his considerable momentum. At the far end of the alleyway, he could see the swordsmen turn another corner. Lethir flared his pewter and gave chase, the others behind him. “Get back you you craven!” They turned the corner, going wide into the street, just in time to see their prey slam a door shut behind him. Lethir flared his metal as much as he could, trying to close the distance, when he heard a thud and a shout from behind him.

He looked over his shoulder, and his heart almost stopped. A man was crouched atop the ruined corpse of one of his Pewterarms. The blood trail leading from the body suggested that the body had slid on the ground from the force of the man’s landing. He stood, and a sudden gust of wind blew down the street, blowing mist out of the street.

A Mistborn, cloak billowing wide around him, Kredik Shaw in the distance framing him, grinned. “I’m a bit busy, so I’ll make this quick.”

He was surrounded by the 3 pewterarms, so they could still possibly win this. All three of them charged the Mistborn, who only raised his hands. Lethir felt a pressure in his stomach, like something pushing him backwards, then sudden ripping pain, then a terrible snap, as somehow, all the metal in his stomach was pushed out his back, through his spine. Dimly, he heard twin cries of agony from his men, and a woosh of passing air as the Mistborn lept skyward. As he faded, he heard a faint Huh, that solves that.

“...and with Lethir’s death, sir, I have frankly no clue what our response ought to be. Clearly the measures young Venture is taking are insufficient to address Lekal’s obvious attempts at sabotage. I advocate an immediate inspection into every official, starting from the top, until this mess is sorted out. I’ll pick men I trust for this one.”

“And you think you’re any better, you slimeball? Lord Ruler, you could be one of his agents yourself! How do we trust your advice over Venture’s anyway? How do we trust anyone but ourselves?”

“Yeah, that army will be in spitting range within a few days, shorter if we let Lekal’s people kill our best men like they just did. Bloody ashes, they killed a Kandra, and those things are immortal! Might have made it talk nonsense too, even. Inspections won’t deal with the supernatural.”

“The only one talking nonsense is you! What do skaa know about army movement and Kandra? If you don’t want to take this threat seriously, perhaps you could use an incentive from a supernatural source...”

Elend sat, an oasis of relative calm, as his assembly bickered beneath him on the makeshift stone platform he’d used for the emergency council. He leaned over to Tindwyl. “What’s got into them this time?” he asked.

“Quite simply, Venture, terror. Two murders, and no signs of the culprits, make any man fear that he’s the next in line for the assassin’s dagger or coin. It’s a natural response,” she stated, “unfortunately. Terrified men make poor leaders.”

“What should I do, then?” Elend responded. 

“Do?” A wry grin spread across Tindwyl’s face, a rarity. “You can do nothing. Let them decide, and when their decisions fail, allow them to come back to you. Then—and only then—will you be able to destroy the panic gripping them.”

Elend nodded slowly. “What if they succeed, though? If their plans do catch spies or that Zane Mistborn? If they help me find Vin?”

Tindwyl’s expression hardened. “Then you use the death as a reinforcement of the group’s capabilities, and claim any credit you can. You cannot let your few supporters fall off, Elend, particularly as they’re dying at alarming rates. This Assembly you threw together has to get past this point to succeed.”

Elend sighed. “Indeed. Well, to their business—for now. Let’s see who they think is guilty today.”

Randuir was attacked and killed! He was a Elend’s Loyalist Smoker 2.

Young Bard was attacked and killed! He was a Elend’s Loyalist Thug 1.

Day 2 has begun! It will end in about 46-47 hours’ time on Tuesday 21 May at 9:00 PM EDT (-4:00 UTC).

Please remember that PMs are closed at day. There will be a lynch today, with no vote minimum to kill.

Player List and Rules Clarifications:

1. Mailliw73 as Laila, a noblewoman whose pretentiousness is rivaled only by her disdain for Elend

2. Elandera as Era, an old Terriswoman too stubborn to evacuate a ruined city

3. Lumgol as Aname Plees, a skaa representative of Elend wanting to fight Lekal

4. Furamirionind as Ford Prefect, a hidden, delusional researcher and author

6. Snipexe as Snip, a fabric cutter in the local quilt chain, Reap What You Sew

7. Araris Valerian as Hadrian Penrod, a versatile man with a versatile definition of mortality Village Soother 2

8. Xinoehp512 as Dedne, a depressed man working long hours at Reap What You Sew

9. Young Bard as Lethir, a man with self-confidence and an axe to grind Village Thug 1

10. Devotary of Spontaneity as Varuun, a Kandra given a second chance at accomplishing her goals

11. Arraenae as Needa Naime, a slightly oblivious girl who loves her mother

12. Steeldancer as Zane the Mad, who likes singing about killing and death (normal?)

13. Ark1002 as Abe, a skaa who knows his place within the established order of things

14. Rathmaskal as Doma, a recluse who spends her life making small wooden statues

15. Cadmium Compounder as Cadoxi, an armourer from House Venture fleeing Straff’s displeasure

16. Hemalurgic Headshot as Makail, an unemployed skaa enjoying his free lifestyle

17. STINK as Jumae II, a colourful and enigmatic character

18. _Stick_ as Astick, an old man with a wooden leg that secretly contains vials of metal

19. Straw as Oramen Hausk, a minor noble reduced to begging in the aftermath of the Lord Ruler’s fall

20. Adavantos as Ixiom Renaud, who believes that no supposition should be held as axiomatic

21. Coop772 as Heer Kilyal II, a snowy owl struggling to escape extinction

22. Randuir as De’Tess, a Kandra given a second opportunityVillage Smoker 2

Rules Clarifications:

Please note that all rules clarifications are drawn from thread, docs, or GM PMs. If you asked a question in a personal PM, the odds are that I did not see it, or did not include it in this list. That being said, here is a list of current clarifications.

Will the writeup differentiate between Eliminator and Mistborn kills?

PAFO.

If a Player is mentioned as having survived a Night attack, will the method of survival be specified?

No.

Can a player with multiple active abilities use more than one at a time in the same turn?

Only Zane, the Mistborn, can do so, as he may use two actions per cycle irrespective of the turns he performs them in. Other players are restricted to one action per turn.

Which roles may target Coinshot 2s using their ability?

Seeker 1 and the Assassin.

Is the Hazekiller told which power they grant a player?

PAFO.

What would happen if a Hazekiller targeted someone who has both Allomantic abilities already?

PAFO.

Can a non-Zane/Vin player start the game with multiple Allomantic abilities?

PAFO.

Does Thug 1 attacking someone count as a "Night Kill"?

For the purposes of Lurching, yes.

Is something wrong with the player list?

The player list is fully correct. :ph34r:  However, it may not contain a comprehensive list of those who are interacting with the game through indirect means. For instance, I can be lynched, even though I’m not in the playerlist (and neither is Elend).

How does Vin receive powers?

She recieves one new power each Night turn, between Lurcher 1, Tineye 1, Tineye 2, Thug 1, Seeker 2 and Smoker 1. She will begin D1 with a random ability.

Is the Mistborn PM Night only?

No.

What happens if a Tineye 2 scans a secret role?

PAFO.

Can Tineye 2 scans be stopped in any way? What if a Tineye is Soothed or Rioted?

Tineye 2s will not receive results if they are Soothed or lynched. Rioting a Tineye’s vote will cause the Tineye to discover the role of the player they are Rioted to.

Do passive abilities require an action slot to trigger?

No.

Will Tineye 2 scans detect unique roles?

Yes.

How many actions do I have?

One per Day/Night turn, unless you’re Zane, or I’ve told you otherwise in your role PM.

How is vote manipulation revealed?

Original: Fifth (2): Maill, Wilson

Maill (1): Fifth

After Soothing: Fifth (1): Maill, Wilson

Maill (1): Fifth

After Rioting: Fifth (1): Wilson

Maill (2): Fifth, Maill

Can I target Joe with an ability?

Sure.

Do Smokers implicitly self-target?

No.

Is the Eliminator kill an action? Can it be roleblocked or redirected?

Yes on all counts.

Group PMs? Any limits on the number we can send?

No on all counts.

Good luck!

Edited by Fifth Scholar

11 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Kandra, can you hear me? This is important.

Was this Preservation? “Yes, I can.” Their life was fading.

I need you to repeat my words.

Fynn Seidel's soul wasn't broken enough to contain me. Needed someone more broken, someone who could truly hear me as more than a whisper. Needed to find a spiked. Who is spiked? Vin is, Zane is, is my kandra still with them? What about my brother, can I find him? If i can talk, I can protect Vin. Have to get her away from Zane, away from the servant of that dark god. Bring her back to Elend. Really, I need to get rid of Jastes as well. If she doesn’t have anything to live for, she’ll let him loose.

What do I have to work with here? I know every Possibility, but not the Probabilities.

Hadrian is here. He’s understandably frustrated. If he figures anything out, I’ll try to convey his thoughts to someone.

I should probably follow Lethir, almost certain he works against Elend. Laila is lying as always, and Jumae the 2nd is being one of the smartest people I have seen since I died.

It’s hard to get my messages across. No way to hear what people say to me without everyone else hearing. I have too few words for too many ears. Too many secrets.

Well, this is interesting. Looks like Kelsier/Joe can only contact Vin, Zane, Marsh (if he is in this game), and other people with spikes. Alternatively, this could mean that he can essentially send public messages to everybody as long as at least one of them is alive for writeup PoV. Kelsier wants Zane dead. He probably wants Vin alive. He wants Elend alive. He wants Jaskal Lekel, and probably by extension, his Subordinates, dead. Overall seems fairly village aligned, except for the Vin thing.

@Fifth Scholar, what happens if Zane dies and Vin does not?

1 minute ago, Arraenae said:

Well, this is interesting. Looks like Kelsier/Joe can only contact Vin, Zane, Marsh (if he is in this game), and other people with spikes. Alternatively, this could mean that he can essentially send public messages to everybody as long as at least one of them is alive for writeup PoV. Kelsier wants Zane dead. He probably wants Vin alive. He wants Elend alive. He wants Jaskal Lekel, and probably by extension, his Subordinates, dead. Overall seems fairly village aligned, except for the Vin thing.

@Fifth Scholar, what happens if Zane dies and Vin does not?

Then Vin is still responsible for killing all the Subordinates?