Jastes Lekal took one last look at the smouldering ruins of his home. Family gathered around him, he peered between the lightly falling flakes of ash, as the skaa rebels began to plunder the fire-ridden frame which had once been his mansion. He muttered a curse to himself. What had he been thinking? Giving mere skaa any sort of power? Of course it would come to this, in the end. Blame Elend Venture he would for planting the idea, but had he really been so blinded as to allow representative assemblies by the working peoples? Yes, he had, apparently. But he would not be repeating these same mistakes. He intended, indeed, not to make any idealistic commitment such as that ever again.
Fingering a brass earring, Lekal turned to the pitiful, scattered regiment of noble-blooded guards and the few skaa who had had the sense to retain their connections to true nobility in the aftermath of the rebellion. He could trust—or he hoped he could trust—these men. Sticking with somebody who lost power tended to mark you as loyal. Facing them, with a soft, insidious voice seeming to whisper in the dark corners of his mind, he spoke. “I have a plan to recover from this blow.”

A few eyebrows went up, but the men said nothing, so Lekal continued. The voice in his head seemed to give him the guidance he needed.

“We will make a play for the city of Luthadel itself.” That got reactions. Gasps, mutters, groans. He let them pass—indeed, he revelled in them. His plans would shake the world.

“I have access to a force larger than any our enemies can muster—a force which will kill without mercy, fight without pain, and conquer for us. It simply must get into the weakened city. I have a special task for a select few of you…”

Trapped.

That was how Elend Venture felt. Trapped, and abandoned. Dockson reported that Cett had left the city, which should have been welcome news. Clubs’ spies had even heard credible rumours that Straff Venture was finally dead. That should have made Elend caper with glee. But neither, ultimately, mattered as much as the price he had paid.

Vin was gone.

A final report, given by a somber Ham, was the worst of the three. The Mistborn Zane, one of his father’s lackeys, had kidnapped Vin. Kidnapped her! He would not believe reports which said that Vin had gone willingly, whatever Ham’s insistences. She couldn’t have. Sazed and Tindwyl had tried to calm him on this matter, but it didn’t work. Elend’s mind raced, trying to figure out how to apprehend the pair. He laughed bitterly. Outpace a pair of Mistborn? Better luck trying to clean the ash off a roof with a pebble. He would need something to draw Zane back, a threat he couldn’t ignore. His plan had been the Atium stash, but they were no closer to that then when they’d first begun. Perhaps he would need to send more men looking for it, now that the city was nearly his again.

Elend surveyed the map on his desk. If his father was dead, the threat from the north was mostly finished. An alliance with Cett meant the south and east were mostly his, too. There remained only the west, and that was in good hands with Jastes Lekal. His former confidant would likely be overseeing a happy populace, and would be willing to help Elend find Vin. He sighed. Not much of a victory, but a small one. He’d take it. Unfortunately, it brought him no closer to Vin.

Suddenly, the hallway door burst open, revealing a huffing Spook. “Wasing the coming of here,” he gasped out, “finding the moving of Uncle, wasing the seeing of army. Big army.” He spread his hands to indicate size. “Ising the marching of here. West.”

Elend’s heart clenched. Another army? Cett’s men had nearly wiped out his supporters the first time. He took a deep breath. Perhaps this, however, would be the threat that drew Zane—and therefore Vin—back to him. He smiled wanly. Perhaps Lekal was not overseeing a content skaa populace after all. Even so, he would force himself to meet and counter this threat as well. It would be the least he could do.

Welcome to LG55: Disquiet. With the recent demise of Cett’s Infiltrators at the hands of the Unstable Mistborn, Zane, he and Vin have hoped to begin a new life away from the turmoil in Luthadel. However, their joy is short-lived. Another man with aspirations of taking the city, Jastes Lekal, has arrived, this time with a koloss army at his back. To help weaken the city against his force, he too has sent his Subordinates into Luthadel to topple Elend Venture, the man who currently holds the city. Despite their unwillingness, both sides are now in the conflict, for better or worse. 

The rules of this game may be accessed here. You may also use the spoiler underneath here, but I make no promises as to the quality of the formatting. 

Spoiler

Factions

Elend’s Loyalists: The village faction. Seeks the elimination of all Unstable Mistborn and Lekal’s Subordinates.

Lekal’s Subordinates: The Eliminator faction. Win by lynching the GM, or by outnumbering the remaining players. Have a doc and a group kill.

Unstable Mistborn: Zane and Vin seek the final death of Lekal’s Subordinates, securing Luthadel’s safety so they can escape to a new life. If any Mistborn are alive when the last Subordinate is killed, this faction wins. Have a PM with each other. This PM is not dissolved if all Tineye 1’s die.

Roles

Lurcher 1 (Passive): You are immune to all Night kills.
Lurcher 2 (Active): Each Night, you may defend another player against all Night kills.

Coinshot 1 (Active): Each Night, you may kill a player. This role is held only by the Mistborn.
Coinshot 2 (Active): Each Night, you may jump around the city, making yourself untargetable to most actions. The assassin and Seeker 1 may still target you.
Tineye 1 (Passive): While you are alive, PMs are open at Night only.
Tineye 2 (Passive): Each Day, you learn the role of the player you voted on.
Thug 1 (Active): Each Night, you may target a player to protect. If that player is attacked, you attack the killer, prevent the attack, and are injured, unable to perform further actions. You may not self-target.
Thug 2 (Passive): You possess an extra life.
Soother 1 (Active): Each Day, you may remove a player’s vote.
Soother 2 (Active): Each Night, you may roleblock one player. You may not target the same player two nights in a row.
Rioter 1 (Active): Each Day, you may move a player’s vote.
Rioter 2 (Active): At Night, you can redirect one player’s action.
Seeker 1 (Active): Each Night, you may target a player and learn which metals they burned.
Seeker 2 (Active): Each Night, you may target a player and learn which metals targeted that player. You will not learn who targeted them with the abilities. The user self-targeting will show up to the scan, but any passive abilities will not.
Smoker 1 (Active): Each Day, you may choose two players; their votes cannot be manipulated.
Smoker 2 (Active): Each Night, may protect a player of their choice from Seekers, Soothers and Rioters.

Elend Venture: A village safe role played by the GM. If Elend is lynched, Lekal’s Subordinates win immediately. Completely untargetable.
The Retired Hazekiller: Now publicly exposed, this Hazekiller may teach up to three people the other half of their Allomantic abilities. If a player who holds multiple powers is targeted, the new power will be chosen at random from among the metals they have access to.
The Librarian: Has already survived one of these threats, you know? The Hazekiller has taught him both Seeker 1 and 2.
Count Senn Conrad III: Not truly dead in the first conflict in Luthadel, this count has deserted Cett for Lekal. Holds both Lurcher 1 and Lurcher 2.
The Assassin: This Subordinate may, once per game, modify the faction kill to an unblockable, unredirectable, infinite-power kill.
Zane: The main threat as Mistborn. With replenished vials of metal, holds the powers of Coinshot 1, Thug 2, Soother 1 and 2, Seeker 1, and Smoker 2. May use up to two abilities per cycle.
Vin: While still confused, Vin has committed to Zane fully now, and tests powers he sees little use for. Every cycle, Vin will receive at random Tineye 1 or 2, Lurcher 1, Thug 1, Seeker 2 or Smoker 1.

Housekeeping
48 Hour Days, 24 Hour Nights.
There is no vote minimum to lynch. In a tied lynch, each player has a 50% chance of death, but at least one person will die.
There are no fewer than three, and no more than five secrets in the game.
Please remember PMs are Night only, and only when at least Tineye 1 is alive.

Rollover will be at 9:00 PM EDT, or UTC -4:00, at least for now (this may change depending upon my schedule). 

Signups will close on Thursday 16 May, at 9:00 EDT. (That’s about ten days from now, and marks the end of the busy period in my life. :P)

Player List:

Spoiler

Please note that failure to provide a character description will result in me giving you one. Unless you want to be a homeless skaa sweeping the back alleyways of Luthadel, please give me a background of some sort. :P 

1. Mailliw73 as Laila, a noblewoman whose prententiousness is rivaled only by her disdain for Elend
2. Elandera as Era, an old Terriswoman too stubborn to evacuate a ruined city
3. Lumgol as Aname Plees, a skaa representative of Elend wanting to fight Lekal
4. Furamirionind as Ford Prefect, a hidden, delusional researcher and author
5. A Joe in the Bush as Finn Seidel, an Infiltrator eager to kill Mistborn
6. Snipexe as Snip, a fabric cutter in the local quilt chain, Reap What You Sew
7. Araris Valerian as Hadrian Penrod, a versatile man with a versatile definition of mortality
8. Xinoehp512 as Dedne, a depressed man working long hours at Reap What You Sew
9. Young Bard as Lethir, a man with self-confidence and an axe to grind
10. Devotary of Spontaneity as Varuun, a Kandra given a second chance at accomplishing her goals
11. Arraenae as Needa Naime, a slightly oblivious skaa girl who loves her mother 
12. Steeldancer as Zane the Mad, who likes singing about killing and death (normal?)
13. Ark1002 as Abe, a skaa who knows his place within the established order of things
14. Rathmaskal as Doma, a recluse who spends her life making small wooden statues
15. Cadmium Compounder as Cadoxi, an armourer from House Venture fleeing Straff’s displeasure
16. Hemalurgic Headshot as Makail, an unemployed skaa enjoying his free lifestyle
17. STINK as [will be determined before beginning of D1]
18. _Stick_ as Astick, an old man with a wooden leg that secretly contains vials of metal
19. Straw as Oramen Hausk, a minor noble reduced to begging in the aftermath of the Lord Ruler’s fall
20. Adavantos as Ixiom Renaud, who believes that no supposition should be held as axiomatic
21. Coop772 as Heer Kilyal II, a snowy owl struggling to escape extinction 
22. Randuir as De’Tess, a Kandra given a second opportunity

Pinch Hitters:

1. Sart

Rules Clarifications: 

Spoiler

Are all named roles in the game?
Not necessarily.

Quick Links:

Good luck to all. :) 

Edited by Fifth Scholar

17 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Please note that failure to provide a character description will result in me giving you one. Unless you want to be a homeless skaa sweeping the back alleyways of Luthadel, please give me a background of some sort. :P

Fiiiiiine. :P Give me a name please, but I'll be one of Elend's skaa representatives, an outspoken woman who wants to join the forces against Lekal.

4 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Finn Seidel, the second survivor of Cett's Infiltrators is returning to take revenge on the Mistborn who slaughtered his men!

Man, i am so excited that someone is running one of my games.

Uh, the tags say you're go-GMing?

@Mailliw73 He was, but decided to play instead. :P Made me make up new secrets after I’d shared my original ruleset and everything, but it was probably worth it—the new ones are much better. :D (this topic was sitting unfinished in a tab for like three days. I’ll fix the tag :P)

Edited by Fifth Scholar
Tagging Maill, because Fura ninja’d me :ph34r:

Laila Leurange snorted as the new "king" announced the latest army to attack Luthadel. The fool, what had he expected after toppling society with that skaa girl? Elend Venture was such a snob while managing to multitask as a bookworm with more ideas in his head than words he'd ever spoken. Laila had never failed to see him in some corner of a ball, nose shoved so deep into a book, she was sure he left snot on the pages. He held his nose so high in the air–a side effect of being a Venture–that everyone could see up to his brain. He'd once asked her to dance, likely after an order from his father to be more social, and it had been the absolute worse dance of her life! Elend had stumbled over her feet and barely managed not to fall flat on his face when he caught his toe in a fold of her dress once. And now this was her king? What a joke of a kingdom this had become once the Lord Ruler had died. 

Laila refused to believe that the Lekal boy had somehow commanded a whole army of koloss and was marching them to attack his home. Koloss? They were brutes, not even human. How would Jastes control them? He was nothing like the Lord Ruler. Magnificence, he held little with his fleeting personality. Handsomeness, he had only when she'd drunk more than she should've. Wealth, only from his parentage and that would likely run low once his father died and he didn't inherit. Laila laughed at the miserable skaa and merchants around her. She was made of more than that; she was created by the Lord Ruler himself to be better than them. The skaa could fear children's stories of koloss, but she would not. She was noble. 

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

Ah, I missed that.

Ford Prefect - a researcher for a famous book, hiding among the Ska and Nobles to understand the culture of Scadrial. Either that or a delusional Noble. He has no clue.

You didn't miss it. :P Fifth added it after he added me to the Player List. 

27 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Uh, the tags say you're go-GMing?

I was originally helping him with balance and the like, but he realized that i was regretting agreeing to help, since I really wanted to play in one of my own games, and offered to let me play in the game instead.

4 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

I think you used this exact same definition last time I played one of your games as Snip.

12. Snipexe as Snip, a fabric cutter in the local quilt shop

-LG48

Snipexe as Snip, a fabric cutter in the local quilt chain, Reap What You Sew

-LG55

Edited by Mailliw73

6 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

I think you used this exact same definition last time I played one of your games as Snip.

If you’re going to reuse characters, I see little need to redefine them. Do you like this store’s management better? :P 

1 minute ago, Furamirionind said:

I was considering reusing Fura again, as she lived on Scadrial, but Maill killed her... 

I cant bring her back until I actually spend some time RPing her return.

Um sorry? When was this? :P

I find it interesting that the Village needs to kill all Unstable Mistborn... There may be more than one? :P

The Elend Venture role reminds me of LG15a, which means the village will really need to watch out for last minute bandwagons...

Hmmm... The QF will probably be over by the time this starts, so...

Captain Lethir Urbain never understood why people made such a fuss about sides. There was only one side, as far as he was concerned - the winning side. And that was obviously whatever side he was on. If the enemy knew what was good for them, they would be begging for mercy right about now. Because Lethir had never met a problem he couldn't solve with his axe.

Edited by Young Bard