I don't get the ending.

On 6/21/2019 at 8:03 AM, Cosfan4472 said:

Mat is still a ta veren, however. There was a moment that indicated to me that his luck was still active. He was also feeling a tugging to go to Tuon, as well. So, he is still needed by the Pattern, which is funnily ironic. Also suits Mat to a tee.

Does that mean that Brandon probably still has license to make more WoT stories?

On 6/27/2019 at 6:31 PM, Harrycrapper said:

It's been a little while since I read WoT and I did it entirely on audiobook, I can't remember a character named Nakomi, could you provide some context?

In book 13 (I think?) when Aviendha returns to the Aiel Waste to go through the arches again (and has her vision concerning her descendants)... I can't remember if it's when she's traveling TO Rhuidean or when she's returning from it, but somewhere in the desert she meets a woman who gives the name Nakomi. She's super mysterious, and sort of appears out of nowhere, gives Aviendha some advice, and then disappears after.

On 6/27/2019 at 11:00 PM, Turin Turambar said:

Does that mean that Brandon probably still has license to make more WoT stories?

He definitely doesn't have license to do so. The rights to Wheel of Time is held by Jordan's estate.

They only contracted with Brandon to write the end of the series. I'm sure that if they DID ever want to produce more WoT stories they would go to Brandon first... But Jordan was VERY ADAMANT that he didn't want anyone to write more books beyond completing the series. (even that took time for him to come around on) And Harriet, his widow and editor, has been very clear that she intends to respect that. Plus Brandon has been pretty clear I think that he would have little interest in writing more WoT regardless, because he has enough of his own projects going on.

So I wouldn't hold my breath for more WoT. :)

On 6/28/2019 at 3:00 PM, Turin Turambar said:

No, he does not. All I meant is that scene indicates RJ's initial plans to explore what that scene meant in the outriggers that he wanted to do with Tuon and Mat going to Shara. 

Edited by Cosfan4472