JordanCon Withdrawal (Hi, I'm new)

singmuse

Hi, just got back from my first JordanCon, it was amazing, I met so many cool peeps and would love to keep in touch with them. I'll probably make my way to my favorite book pages and have some excellent rambles, but where else should I go on this sprawling site (rather fitting for the author it represents)?

4 minutes ago, Argent said:

Hi, and welcome! 

Wow, that was a 2/10 welcome, you can do better, Argent.

Here some decent entrypoints into this mess we call home:

• Shardcast. A good number of people hear about us from our weekly Brandon Sanderson podcast, Shardcast. If you are one of them, and are all caught up, great - you can go leave a comment (or better yet, tell another commenter how wrong they are!). If this is news to you though, the YouTube playlist is coming up on 80 videos, and even the ones I am not on are good quality!
  • And speaking of news, the News. We had some White Sand vol. 3 and Starsight reveals recently.
  • Outside of these, you are probably best off hitting up your favorite series' subforum and scanning around for an interesting thread.
  • You could also check the more casual forums. Sanderson Fan Works is one of my favorites, as is the Gallery; Events and Signings for past and future events, and all the different miscellaneous things under Community for, well, miscellaneous things.

Oh, we probably have rules somewhere too. Don't break them!

If you're looking for some Sanderson-themed laughs, The Sanderson Memes thread is a journey that you should experience. Cosmere Q&A is great if you have any questions, and Cosmere discussion is full of some great multi-series discussion and deep dives. 

But otherwise, Welcome to the 17th Shard! We hope you enjoy your stay^_^

(Man! I should really go to one of these JordanCon things, they sound lovely)

• 2 months later...

Hey there!

Oh, we probably have rules somewhere too. Don't break them!

One of the big rules you shouldn't break was actually broken by our friendly moderator, @Argent. It's called double posting. Please refrain from doing this thing. And I hope you don't mind a little friendly razzing Argent. I just saw it and had to laugh because I got zinged for it once a while back. ;-)

23 hours ago, Xardan Ta'Caran said:

Hey there!

One of the big rules you shouldn't break was actually broken by our friendly moderator, @Argent. It's called double posting. Please refrain from doing this thing. And I hope you don't mind a little friendly razzing Argent. I just saw it and had to laugh because I got zinged for it once a while back. ;-)

Omega banned.