Stormlight D&D classes

Merrickz

So just a quick question but what D&D classes and sub classes would you put Stormlight characters into?

Some I feel are pretty straight forward like Adolin being an Eldritch Knight Fighter, but it could get a bit more nebulous like Renarin I could see as a Knowledge Domain Cleric.

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts and how many D&D nerds are also Sharders

As I understand it based on earlier addition class structures you can organize them like this.  Keep in mind that there exists a great deal of wiggle room in both SA and D&D

Elsecallers are wizards

Lightweavers are Sorcerers

Skybreakers are Paladins

Edgedancers are Druids

Bondsmiths are Clerics

Stonewards are Fighters

Ashbringers are Warlocks

Windrunners are Rangers

Willshapers are Bards

Truthwatchers are Monks

That's an interesting breakdown!

I'd probably have to argue in 5e that both Windrunners and Skybreakers are Paladins. Windrunners would be the "NG"ish Oath of the Ancients, while Skybreakers are more the "LN" Oath of the Crown style. 

There is certainly a lot of flavor tie in's to how you've associated them though, I'd agree!

21 minutes ago, Green Hoodie Mistborn said:

I'd probably have to argue in 5e that both Windrunners and Skybreakers are Paladins. Windrunners would be the "NG"ish Oath of the Ancients, while Skybreakers are more the "LN" Oath of the Crown style. 

I broke them down based on older archetypes.  5e classes are extremely flexible both story and mechanics wise.

• Chaos locked this topic