Mistborn Film

I heard that there is going to be a Mistborn movie. It has a page on IMDB titles “Mistborn The Final Empire” but had almost no other content other than a writer (who has done some movies starring Vin Diesal which worries me). Has anyone else’s heard anything? 

Once per year, brandon posts a "state of the sanderson" on his site, where he keeps us updated on everything that happened concerning his projects in the last year.

The last one is here. if you scroll it down, you'll find the section where he talks about movie adaptation.

Long story short: turning a book into a movie is a lenghty process. The various companies buy rights to make adaptation all the time, because it's relatively cheap, but they rarely go forward with the project. brandon has sold rights to make adaptation several times, but so far nothing came out of it. there are a few of his works that look like they may get produced soon, and mistborn may come, but it's all "maybe" and "eventually"

• 2 months later...

I think believer by imagine dragon would be a great song to go with the trailer for mistborn the opening beat of the song would go great with a coin flip

Also it's a great mistborn theme song

Edited by JDwag

Please no pop songs in my epic fantasy:D I'm among those who strongly oppose the idea of any Cosmere-related movie adaptation, but if there was to be one for the original Mistborn trilogy, I would hope for more of a choir-based soundtrack, at best comparable to Whitacre's When David Heard.

Edited by Elegy

I feel like Mistborn and maybe Warbreaker would do well as movies. Stormlight I would like to see as a TV show. 

Soundtracks? I would prefer orchestral, but I could understand why one would want pop songs in the trailers. Get people interested. But an original theme is so much better. Star War's opening soundtrack is one of the most famous. Marvel's The Avengers has a recurring one as well. 

Wait. Better idea

The soundtrack for all the Cosmere movies is just Kaladin badly playing the flute. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 8/29/2019 at 1:31 AM, NottTheBrave said:

Has anyone thought about who they'd cast in a Mistborn movie?  I keep thinking Millie Bobbie Brown would be a great Vin in a couple years.  

I am dead-set on Lily-Rose Aslandogdu (I would just Google-search her name, or watch the Save The Children video that stars her) as Vin. I figure by the time they start filming she would be the right age.

• 5 months later...

Just throwing it out there as a crazy idea but... I’d love to see Mistborn given to Wonderstorm. I’ve been rewatching Avatar and watching The Dragon Prince, and I just kept thinking that it would be awesome to see Mistborn done that way.

I think animation could serve Mistborn really well, and the Wonderstorm team has experience with unusual and unique worlds and fantastic magic systems. They also do complex, multi-season stories that resonate on all levels and deal with some pretty horrific things - while still ostensibly being for kids. No, I don’t know how they do that.

It would also mean could be Elend voiced by the same guy who voices Sokka and Callum. Which would be nice.