Question

Ok so I just finished warbreaker and wow I loved that book. Have also read stormlight archive and mistborn era's 1 &2. So my question is do I need to read elantris before I jump into arcanum unbounded?

3 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Hoidwillsaveus said:

Ok so I just finished warbreaker and wow I loved that book. Have also read stormlight archive and mistborn era's 1 &2. So my question is do I need to read elantris before I jump into arcanum unbounded?

Not realy.  You may want to read the White Sand comics so you get an into on Kriss but that is about all I can think of.  Just skip the Hope of Elantris short story and you will be fine.

11 hours ago, Hoidwillsaveus said:

The Arcanum is full of short stories from each world. You don't have to read them all however I feel they do add depth to the story if you read the previous books before doing so. I end up reading it last on my re-rereads because of the slight spoilers some stories contain.

11 hours ago, Hoidwillsaveus said:

You do not need to read Elantris for The Emporers Soul, but you do for The Hope of Elantris (that is in my opinion. Some think that it works as a standalone with some spoilers).

Either way, Arcanum Unbounded is a really good book, so go ahead and just skip the Elantris parts if that is holding you back from reading any of it.