Beard's High Priestess

Turin Turambar

I was thinking - in one of Beards stories, he was saying how he stole all of the high priestesses attention. Problem is, where are there such a thing. It's not anywhere near anything Vorin, because ardent's are slaves, and, well, called ardents. It could be the passions, but my impression of them was that they were self guided. Any guesses where this was?

5 hours ago, balletdragon said:

Shin? We don’t know much about them but it is a thought.

horneater maybe?

they have shamans, not priestesses

4 hours ago, RShara said:

Or Beard was just making up stories, since all of them are pretty outlandish and have details wrong.

that's probable. What I'm asking is where did he even get the idea of priestesses? Everyone knew what he was talking about, so they are all familiar with the concept. that means that a culture on roshar has priestesses. (at least, high priestesses.) I want to know which one.

I recall that warbreaker had high priests and priestesses for the returned. Any connection?

Edited by Turin Turambar

On 4/30/2019 at 4:49 PM, Turin Turambar said:

I recall that warbreaker had high priests and priestesses for the returned. Any connection?

It's quite possible that it's simply part of someother religion on Roshar, that we don't see in as much depth. However, the other possibility is that it's something Beard heard from Azure/Vivenna. She could have mentioned it in passing, or without realizing that anyone heard, and he commandeered the term for his story. Of course, the first option's probably more likely.

Edited by Rushu42

So which religon? It's got to be one that they're familiar with enough that they don't ask what a priestess is. Sorry if my thoughts come out muddled - it's sort of hard to explain. Point being that they don't comment on a word that should be unfamiliar to them, ergo, they must have heard of the word. Therefore, they are probably familiar with the said religion.

On 5/2/2019 at 1:59 PM, Lidolas said:

That doesn't mean they don't also have a high priestess.

That's true, but whenever they mention Shin religions, they only mentions shamans.

• Chaos locked this topic