That's okay,  Aln responded. But how did you access it from the peak of a mountain? Is it a new form of Investiture? She paused for a moment, a small smile passing her lips, then wrote, Or a gift from the Nightwatcher? 

As she waited for the pen's response, she tacked the signature to the wall, and then pulled out a book on Investiture and began leafing through it.

The pen took several minutes to respond. 

'Thank you for accepting me,' it wrote. 'Few have, these days. I will come when I can, then I will answer your questions. Over spanreed, however... it is no longer safe. I will come when I can,'

Spanreeds are explicitly only made from two conjoined fabrials. The exact method of creation still hasn't been determined yet but it involves two pieces from the same Ruby being used.

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Spiked? What happened?

@Truthless of Shinovar

1 hour ago, MacThorstenson said:

Two things, I don't think all spanreeds are linked. I think they only come in pairs or premade groupings.

Also, he tried to sneak into the DA's general assembly. 

He's lucky he wasn't disintegrated.

Yeeeaaaah, I made a pretty bad decision, one that severely lacked judgement... On the bright side, I might come back as a hemalurgic monster!

21 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

"This is, indeed, the Scholar's Guild, and you are certainly welcome to join our ranks," Aln responded, picking up a slip of paper from the piles on her desk. "Just sign this."

I, the undersigned, hereby pledge myself to the Guild of Scholars, and promise to strive to gather and spread knowledge throughout the Alleyverse and corresponding worlds.

Signed, Novus

1 hour ago, Minato™ said:

I, the undersigned, hereby pledge myself to the Guild of Scholars, and promise to strive to gather and spread knowledge throughout the Alleyverse and corresponding worlds.

Signed, Novus

Aln pinned the slip of paper to the wall above her desk, and wrote his name on the sign in front. Turning around, she said to him, "You're welcome in the back room, now. That's where our Guild discussions take place."

Just now, Minato™ said:

"Thank you, just for reference, how can I submit books to the library or research papers etc?" Novus asked Aln.

@Rushu42

"I can take them," Aln replied. "Currently our library consists of what you see here, as well as a few more shelves in the back. Any books are welcome!"

Tsk tsk, guys! As if I wouldn't break the rules without knowing how I'd do it! There are ways of doing this kind of thing.

A man with shaggy black hair stood from his slouched position outside of the building and entered. The attendant's gaze slid right over him as if he wasn't there. That's how most mortals saw him. As if he were invisible.

His eyes were dead, yet they saw.

The man entered the room with the fabrial and switched the rubies back to how they had been before. The first time he had done this, he had been replacing the ruby already there with one of his own. Now, he switched them back.

Funny, how nobody in the room saw him.

He made the switch and walked out of the building, then trudged away. His job was done. He had others.

Sorry. Didn't mean it quite like that. :)

Xena pulled her coat closer around her, leaning over the spanreed. after a second, he rolled it up and left it on the table of the tavern she was in. She was about halfway to the Scholar's Guild place.

She just wished it wasn't so cold.

Xena stood up, grabbed her backpack and walked out.