34 minutes ago, turtle said:

Everest is kinda secretive about her life and wants a fresh start in allycity, so I doubt Aln's powers will fail her.

Aln still worries about it though (and the more that the previous timeline leaks through, the more that will increase).

Aln nodded, memories of her first month in the Alleyverse returning to her. Without Torenat, she suspected that she would have been completely overwhelmed. "Well," she said, "I've lived here for years. I'd be willing to show you my favorite places."

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln nodded, memories of her first month in the Alleyverse returning to her. Without Torenat, she suspected that she would have been completely overwhelmed. "Well," she said, "I've lived here for years. I'd be willing to show you my favorite places."

"Thanks." Everest said, smiling toward All and packing up her things. "Id love to."

@Rushu42

8 minutes ago, turtle said:

"Thanks." Everest said, smiling toward All and packing up her things. "Id love to."

@Rushu42

Aln didn't smile back, instead looking away on the pretext of checking on the atium. She felt oddly reluctant to leave the building. Why was that? She should be excited to show someone the city she loved - or at the very least, satisfied to be helping someone learn. She frowned, and reached for a pocket. An empty pocket. Aln put a hand on her desk, feeling disoriented. You're probably just still tired, she told herself. It's almost certainly nothing. Still, a faint feeling of unease lingered as she forced her face into a friendlier expression and led the way out the door. 

I'll switch to the Alleycity thread now - we can continue there.

Alvyer walks up to the dilapidated building. It said it was a place of learning and study. Well, that was definitely what he was looking for. Although he still couldn't believe there were humans here. Not just some humans, but practically a whole city. Didn't the few non-human people know just how risky that was, letting the savages loose on the streets? Well, maybe he'd get lucky and this place would be run by something else.

*Knock knock* "Hello?"

2 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Alvyer walks up to the dilapidated building. It said it was a place of learning and study. Well, that was definitely what he was looking for. Although he still couldn't believe there were humans here. Not just some humans, but practically a whole city. Didn't the few non-human people know just how risky that was, letting the savages loose on the streets? Well, maybe he'd get lucky and this place would be run by something else.

*Knock knock* "Hello?"

So, the character who runs this guild just stepped away to another thread. I don't think it's fair to make you wait, though, so I'll just have an NPC guild member answer the door, if that's alright. (She's human, just so you know.)

Marie was reading in the library when she heard the knock at the door. Looking up, she realized that she was the only one in the building. Groaning, she hauled herself to her feet and pulled open the door. "Yes?"

10 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Guess it was too much to hope. But you couldn't be rude to a human. You never knew when one might go crazy and decide to kill everyone. So Alvyer grit his teeth.

"Greetings. I was looking for a Mr.... Scholar's Guild?"

Great. Some strange off-worlder, probably encountering a Guild for the first time. Marie resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Well, this is the Scholar's Guild. It's not a person, it's an organization. What do you need?"

"Sorry! I'm really sorry, I apologize, please don't be angry..."

The human's voice wasn't angry, but their body language certainly seemed that way. Hopefully he could get out of here before he said anything else wrong.

"I really hope it's ok, but I need- er, want to learn about magic. The magic here in the city."

1 minute ago, Negative_Null said:

"Sorry! I'm really sorry, I apologize, please don't be angry..."

The human's voice wasn't angry, but their body language certainly seemed that way. Hopefully he could get out of here before he said anything else wrong.

"I really hope it's ok, but I need- er, want to learn about magic. The magic here in the city."

Marie regretted her irritation a bit as the figure cringed and started to apologize. Aln wouldn't be pleased if she chased away a potential Guild member. "Look, um, it's fine. You didn't do anything wrong. This is the place to be if you want to learn about magic." She gestured vaguely to the library behind her. "The Guildleader is out at the moment, but you can read the books if you want. I think."

1 minute ago, Rushu42 said:

Marie regretted her irritation a bit as the figure cringed and started to apologize. Aln wouldn't be pleased if she chased away a potential Guild member. "Look, um, it's fine. You didn't do anything wrong. This is the place to be if you want to learn about magic." She gestured vaguely to the library behind her. "The Guildleader is out at the moment, but you can read the books if you want. I think."

Books were much better than trying to talk to humans. Alvyer wasn't totally sure the human was letting him go over there, or just stating a fact. But he figured that he just wanted to get out of this conversation, so he stammered a "th-thank you" and went over to the library. Surely he could figure out how he saw someone fly without the help of a starship.

Everest had wished she could do something interesting, when she'd lived in threnody. Now, she just wished the interesting stuff that was happening would end in something good. Something had happened to Aln, and though Everest had scolded her for suggesting it, it needed research. In the front room there was a humanoid figure she was pretty sure came from the cytoverse. Though she didn't tell all everything- she had actually been a scholars apprentice on threnody- she certainly wasn't a genius like Alanis. The creature seemed oddly scared of them, though that could just be the rope thing. She was pretty sure that was either a alivened (eww) or a type five awakened object, she had no idea if that was even possible.

@Rushu42 @Negative_Null @kenod @Kings_way 

Edited by turtle

9 minutes ago, turtle said:

"hey, you." she said, looking at the creature, he looked shy but anyone who could help would have to help, especially if they were a scholar and might have knowledge about what had happened.  @Negative_Null

Uh oh. One of the humans was beckoning him over. Alvyer knew this couldn't go well, but didn't think he had much of a choice. He clutched his book like a shield and walked over to the group. "Yes? Are you in this..." he tried to remember what that female had said earlier "guild?"

"That I am.   Do you have any idea how to help her?" Everest gestured too Alanis. "Something happened to her, like she suddenly remembered something important or she got lost for some reason. It seemed like she thought there was a Rosharan restaurant where there wasn't or something."

@Rushu42 @Negative_Null

Edited by turtle

"Um..." Alvyer wanted to ask "Why would I know something like that?" but he didn't want the human to get angry. They obviously expected him to know something. 

"Well, I'm not an expert, but perhaps she got hit on the head or something? That can cause gaps in memory or hallucinations" There, that sounded suitably intelligent.