31 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

"No, I-" Aln didn't know how to respond. "I couldn't hear you." The excuse felt lame even before it left her mouth. If Temeria wanted to leave, she should just let her. But as she moved away, Aln finally let herself acknowledge the truth: she was desperately, profoundly lonely. Suddenly she was 16 again, alone, the words of strangers invisible. She was once more trying desperately to summon Stormlight, to hear the voice of her spren, as the cries of her friends vanished to her eyes. Temeria would be in the way. Her presence made it increasingly difficult for Aln to function. It would be better for all parties if the two went their separate ways. But Aln didn't care.

"You could stay," she ventured. "Or- or I could come with you. Outside."

Temeria paused, then she nodded slowly. "I was planning to tell Mac's guild that he's gone and then return home. It feels wrong to keep it to myself." She smiled at Aln, grateful, incredibly grateful, that she was here. "If you want to, you could show me around, maybe point me to a few good places to eat and maybe you have an idea where I could find some work?"

Pausing she considered her own words. "Although I might be able to life off the boarding house as well. If you want to see it, we could go there as well."

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Temeria paused, then she nodded slowly. "I was planning to tell Mac's guild that he's gone and then return home. It feels wrong to keep it to myself." She smiled at Aln, grateful, incredibly grateful, that she was here. "If you want to, you could show me around, maybe point me to a few good places to eat and maybe you have an idea where I could find some work?"

Pausing she considered her own words. "Although I might be able to life off the boarding house as well. If you want to see it, we could go there as well."

Aln smiled back, tentatively. "I can show you around. There are some really cool things in this city. But, well, you need to be careful talking to the DA. What if I just put an announcement in the newspaper?" As she spoke, she grabbed her satchel, sliding the spanreed and notebook inside it.

2 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln smiled back, tentatively. "I can show you around. There are some really cool things in this city. But, well, you need to be careful talking to the DA. What if I just put an announcement in the newspaper?" As she spoke, she grabbed her satchel, sliding the spanreed and notebook inside it.

"That would be respectless." Temeria shook her head. "I feel like I owe it." He had given her a  chance to survive her. The least she could do was tell his guild what had happened. If they knew, then they knew, but maybe they didn't.

Smiling she opened the door for her sister. "Let's go?"

Do you want to move threads?

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"That would be respectless." Temeria shook her head. "I feel like I owe it." He had given her a  chance to survive her. The least she could do was tell his guild what had happened. If they knew, then they knew, but maybe they didn't.

Smiling she opened the door for her sister. "Let's go?"

Sure- General Alleycity, or a specific place? 

Aln followed, taking a deep breath. On her way out, she hung a small sign on the door. 

The Guild leader is out at the moment. Thank you for your patience.

Then, clutching the spanreed in her pocket, she continued into the city with her sister.

17 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Sure- General Alleycity, or a specific place? 

Depends.

General for the tour, DA thread (if you want to, I can do that alone, because ooc spoken that's slightly stupid), or the Boarding house if you want to go there.

• 1 month later...

Zerameth staggered around the city, clothes dirty and hair greasily unkempt. The crowded, cramped, noisy portions of the city overwhelming him with an attack on all sensory fronts. His eyes darted around rapidly every time he moved, searching desperately for that horrible thing he kept seeing. That sea of blackness, roiling eternally beneath it. It would never leave him alone. Why was it following him? What was it? Why did it look like a horribly twisted person? Where were its eyes? What was it?

Where was he? Who was he?

He poked his head out from between the buildings he'd cut between (or at least what remained of them), emerging into a mostly decrepit street with a single building that looked whole. Something about it felt familiar, almost, in a way he couldn't quite explain, even to himself. He minced his way across the rubble-strewn street until he was close to it, but he felt like something was watching and spun around, pivoting directly on the balls of his feet. He caught a singular glimpse of that twisted, inhuman figure standing where he had just been and...things...coming out of the blackness behind it, but his turn was not steady and he toppled over before fully registering it, smacking the back of his head on the side of the street and falling unconscious, having never made it into the building.

He's just gonna be here. You can wake him up when you get a chance.

@Rushu42

Aln strode through the street, eager to be home. The meeting had been frustratingly unproductive, and... well, she still wasn't sure how she felt about Temeria's appearance. It would be difficult, of course, but it was nice not to be entirely alone. Probably.

She slowed to a stop as she noticed a figure slumped against the building, apparently unconscious. Reaching for the spheres in her pocket, she bent down to examine him. The man's clothes were dirty and his face unkempt. He appeared to have hit his head on the stone - there was a smear of blood - but she could see no other injuries. Drawing a deep breath of Stormlight, she poured healing into his wounds.

@Ookla the Quill

Zerameth drifted, scenes of a child who seemed familiar - was that him? - being yelled at by a stern older man and looked on disapprovingly by other children floating past like dreams, when a jolt of something, something familiar, sent wispy white light curling across the visions despite his best attempts to reach out to them and jolted him awake, astonishingly clear-headed and free of the bone-deep weariness that had drug his feet through the city.

His eyes opened to see an unfamiliar person close. Too close. He scrambled backwards, slipping and sliding on the street's gravel and grit, skinning his palms, desperately trying to get some distance between himself and this person.

"Who -" His throat was dry, and his voice rasped like he hadn't talked for years. "Who are you?"

@Rushu42

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Quill said:

Zerameth drifted, scenes of a child who seemed familiar - was that him? - being yelled at by a stern older man and looked on disapprovingly by other children floating past like dreams, when a jolt of something, something familiar, sent wispy white light curling across the visions despite his best attempts to reach out to them and jolted him awake, astonishingly clear-headed and free of the bone-deep weariness that had drug his feet through the city.

His eyes opened to see an unfamiliar person close. Too close. He scrambled backwards, slipping and sliding on the street's gravel and grit, skinning his palms, desperately trying to get some distance between himself and this person.

"Who -" His throat was dry, and his voice rasped like he hadn't talked for years. "Who are you?"

@Rushu42

Aln stood reflexively as the man scrambled backwards. His voice was as rough as the rubble beneath their feet, and nearly as hostile.

"I'm Alanis Sheneth," she replied cautiously, "leader of the Scholar's Guild." 

She gestured at the familiar building behind. Aln longed to ask his name, to inquire what he was doing or what happened to him, but she restrained herself. Bombarding the poor man with questions would likely get her nowhere. 

"Are you okay?" She asked instead, contenting herself with the cliche. Hopefully he didn't resent the healing. She tried not to use Investiture on unwilling subjects, but it was hard to see how someone would object to the repair of a concussion.

10 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln stood reflexively as the man scrambled backwards. His voice was as rough as the rubble beneath their feet, and nearly as hostile.

"I'm Alanis Sheneth," she replied cautiously, "leader of the Scholar's Guild." 

She gestured at the familiar building behind. Aln longed to ask his name, to inquire what he was doing or what happened to him, but she restrained herself. Bombarding the poor man with questions would likely get her nowhere. 

"Are you okay?" She asked instead, contenting herself with the cliche. Hopefully he didn't resent the healing. She tried not to use Investiture on unwilling subjects, but it was hard to see how someone would object to the repair of a concussion.

The Scholar's Guild. The building! They had whatever felt familiar! "Something about the building...it tugs at me. Can I go inside, Alanis?" The need increased in him, burning in him, feeling like it should be scorching his flesh from the inside.

8 hours ago, Ookla the Quill said:

The Scholar's Guild. The building! They had whatever felt familiar! "Something about the building...it tugs at me. Can I go inside, Alanis?" The need increased in him, burning in him, feeling like it should be scorching his flesh from the inside.

Tugs at him? There was a strange light in the man's eye. Aln swallowed. Still, who was she to deny access to a library? She pushed open the door, removing the sign as she did so, and held it open. "Sure."

She realised absently that she had given him her full name. Instinctive formality had been more common, recently. A patch of light out of the corner of her eye indicated the presence of her spren. What do you think happened to this man? She asked him. He gave the mental equivalent of a shrug, but did not retreat into her pocket. Perhaps he was getting bolder.

16 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Tugs at him? There was a strange light in the man's eye. Aln swallowed. Still, who was she to deny access to a library? She pushed open the door, removing the sign as she did so, and held it open. "Sure."

Zerameth scrambled to his feet and raced inside the library, uncaring of politeness. His eyes darted around, frantically searching for what felt the most familiar. They fell on a small sphere lamp mounted on the wall, radiating white light so pure it verged on blue. Somehow it felt normal to see that, almost comforting. 

That was it. That was what he'd come for. He rushed towards it, hoping beyond hope that something about it would help him. As he reached it, he breathed in sharply, which went completely unnoticed and unquestioned in his psyche, simply dismissed as a breath of shock, and having no effect to be marked as anything other than another breath.

The back of his head prickled, hair raising, and he spun around, only barely keeping his balance. It was the...thing...again. That horrible twisted thing. It was standing right behind him. Any bit of balance he had fled as he fell backwards with a wordless shout, pushing himself along the wall away from it, to no avail as it simply stepped with him, motion distinct against the featureless void of its background. "Get away from me!" 

4 hours ago, Ookla the Quill said:

That was it. That was what he'd come for. He rushed towards it, hoping beyond hope that something about it would help him. As he reached it, he breathed in sharply, which went completely unnoticed and unquestioned in his psyche, simply dismissed as a breath of shock, and having no effect to be marked as anything other than another breath.

Wait, did he breathe in the Stormlight or not?

On 12/11/2019 at 3:15 PM, Ookla the Quill said:

No. His bond is broken as entirely as it can be right now.

Okay, thanks.

Aln stumbled back as he pushed past her, dashing towards the lamp of Stormlight on the wall. She felt a brief surge of panic. Was this a robbery? Then he twisted around and fell over, yelling incoherently, and thrashing about. Delusions, then? Had that happened when he had hit his head? No, she had healed that.

Cautiously, she began to approach, holding out her hands soothingly. 

"Sir, there's nothing there. What do you see?"

Her eyes strayed to the light on the wall. Why had he made directly for it? Could he be another Radiant? He had mentioned feeling tugged, in some way. It was too early to jump to conclusions, but Aln couldn't help the surge of excitement. She had met other Radiants, of course, but not many. Most tended to stay on Roshar to fight the Voidbringers.

Edited by Rushu42
See below.

4 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Void fingers.

Coming soon to a Rosharan grocery store near you: Void fingers! Just pop them in the oven for a little and taste the victory!

4 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

"Sir, there's nothing there. What do you see?"

What. How does she not see it? Is it...not real? Am I mad? "What do you mean 'there's nothing there'? That...thing has been following me across the whole city!" Zerameth began to hyperventilate. "All vines and scratched eyes and black background and what do you mean you can't see it it's right there!"

1 hour ago, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

I'm sorry, I just can't not point this out, it's too good :lol:

Darn autocorrect. I swear I typed "Voidbringers". 

I wonder what a Void finger would be like.

Edit: Ninja'd. Apparently it's a frozen treat.

A figure covered in vines, with scratched out eyes...Aln felt a chill. A dead spren. Vines would have to mean Cultivation spren, right? Did he have a Shardblade, or was it a broken bond? Aln started to turn to a book shelf, wondering if there was an account of a Radiant who was haunted by a dead spren, but she stopped herself, remembering the presence of the man. She looked back at him. 

"Stay calm. If I'm correct, you're seeing into the Cognitive Realm right now. The apparation is a dead spren, a Cultivationspren if I'm not mistaken. Do you own a Shardblade?"

@Ookla the Quill

Edited by Rushu42

7 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Edit: Ninja'd. Apparently it's a frozen treat.

Chicken tenders, but it's Void-creatures haha they can put it in chouta.

8 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

"Stay calm. If I'm correct, you're seeing into the Cognitive Realm right now. The apparation is a dead spren, a Cultivationspren if I'm not mistaken. Do you own a Shardblade?"

"A-a what? The where? What's a spren?" His head was spinning. Somehow all these terms felt familiar, but he couldn't pin them down.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Quill said:

"A-a what? The where? What's a spren?" His head was spinning. Somehow all these terms felt familiar, but he couldn't pin them down.

Aln narrowed her eyes slightly. He's haunted by a dead spren and instinctively drawn to Stormlight, but he doesn't know what any of it means. Fascinating. I wonder what happened to his head.

She extended a hand to help him to his feet. 

"Sit down. I'll get you some water, and then I'll explain as much as I can."

5 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln narrowed her eyes slightly. He's haunted by a dead spren and instinctively drawn to Stormlight, but he doesn't know what any of it means. Fascinating. I wonder what happened to his head.

She extended a hand to help him to his feet. 

"Sit down. I'll get you some water, and then I'll explain as much as I can."

"Uh, okay, I guess." He reached up and grabbed her hand. "Thanks."

Short timeskip until everything's explained?

Folorian was standing before the Nightwatcher, both pleased that, for once, the stories about her appearance were exact and apprehensive of the curse that was about to fall on him.

What will be your boon? Son of Harmony?

"I-I... I wish to see wonders like I have never heard about"

Was this a smile he saw on her face?

Hang on, son of Harmony, your travel will be long

And all at once, the world turned black.

When his vision came back, Folorian was in a city he did not recognized.

He smiled "Well, time to make some discovery... Wait! Does any of them speak Scandrialese? Or anything I've language I know about?"

At this moment Folorian realized he was not speaking Scandrialese but a language he had never heard of, and yet he understood, which made his smile widen even further. Well, this is an excellent start.

He then asked people around about where he could find information about this city and they told him the way to the scholar guild. Of course he immediately ran to that place.

Strange, I was so focused on getting here I cannot remember what the streets were like.

He knocked at the door, then entered when he saw the note on the door.

Just to be sure, I guess my character's pathian earring is not enough to see Zerameth's deadeye?

Edited by mathiau
I'm not speaking Scandrialese