A large building sits in an out of the way street. Once in disrepair, the interior now shines brightly with stormlight. The walls are lined with bookshelves, and tables and chairs dot the room. A smaller building sits behind the first, also marked with the symbol of the guild. A large desk lurks in the back of the room, behind which the leader, Aln, can often be seen working. On the frotn window hangs the following sign:

The Scholar's Guild

Welcome to the headquarters of the Scholar's Guild. As an entirely non-combative guild, our mission is to gather knowledge and spread education throughout the Alleyverse and surrounding worlds. We strive to discover the true nature of the universe, through scientific study and research. All are welcome, whether you bring a question or an answer. If you wish to join the Scholar's Guild, and dedicate yourself to the gathering and spreading of truth, please enter and speak to the Head Scholar of the Guild, Alanis Sheneth [Rushu42]. 

Current Scholars:

Spoiler

Alanis Sheneth [Rushu42]

Arkos Garfield Alexander Ohne Maximus Hölle Hamilton Julian Kingsley Ebony III [Ark1002]

Jale [MetaTerminal]

Myriad [AonEne]

Folorian [mathiau]

Dr. Gears [Gears]

Dot [SingingMosaic]

Everest [turtle]

Deceased/Inactive Members:

Spoiler

Professor Kendul Adeel of Taldain [Emperor Stick]

Novus [Minato™]

Xena Uzasny [Gancho Libre]

A neatly handwritten note was affixed to the door. "I can't hear you knock; please just come in."

This location thread is part of Era 5.

Edited by Rushu42
New members

26 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Councilman Ark entered, Ghostblood tattoo on his forehead glistening. He opened the door with a stream of sand, speaking out.

"I'm here to speak too Alanis Sheneth."

Five bodyguards fanned out behind him, guns in hand.

@Rushu42

Hazekiller Guard? Or your personal guard?

On 4/30/2019 at 6:20 PM, Ark1002 said:

Councilman Ark entered, Ghostblood tattoo on his forehead glistening. He opened the door with a stream of sand, speaking out.

"I'm here to speak too Alanis Sheneth."

Five bodyguards fanned out behind him, guns in hand.

@Rushu42

Nultūk burst in the doorway, a grin on his face. There was finally a guild devoted to knowledge, one that he had been looking for for months now! As a Willshaper, he did not study knowledge like the Elsecallers did, but rather went searching for knowledge. A place like this would be a paradise, and he was determined to start researching as soon as possible. He was so elated, he didn't notice one of the bodyguards until he ran into him. Nultūk stumbled, falling onto the ground without a sound. He got up, turned around, eyes flashing towards the guns. Suddenly, he tensed, preparing to summon his shardblade if needs be. His oaths included protecting knowledge, and people like the Ghostbloods could only mean trouble.

I'm in! I'm excited to see where this thread goes!

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

Lance looked at the rapidly building confrontation. He sighed and shook his head. This was supposed to be his off day. He walked inside, and, skirting around the guards, moved over to one of the shelves, pulling out his Pain-rial subtly. If things got ugly, he would have to act fast. Of course, speed was rarely an issue for a steelrunner.

Aln looked around as two more people entered her suddenly crowded study. She frowned at the weapons and the glares. "Welcome," she said to the newcomers, and then, to the bodyguards, "Those guns will not be necessary. Please, put them away." Her tone brooked no argument. On her desk, a spanreed flashed, but she ignored it.

The guards didn't move. All invested, all trained not to act without his permission.

Ark's voice was cold, completely uncaring of the command just given. "I wish to join. Provided, of course, you will accept Ghostbloods?" His voice at the end, was less of a question, more of a command. Amberite grew along his arm, ready.

Aln swallowed. "I...yes, of course we'll accept you." She tried not to look at the crystals on Ark's arm. She glanced at the bodyguards again. "I do hope, thought, that you'll find no cause to bring protection next time you come. We don't appreciate violence." She picked up a pen. "What's your name?"

Edited by Rushu42

He nodded. "I will have them wait outside." A swift gesture, and the House Ebony guards left at once. He pulled out a pen of his own, deep purple with a strange black feather on the end, tip made of gold and embedded with amethyst gems. "You wish me to sign a paper, correct?"

The crystals retracted along his arm.

"My name is Arkos Garfield Alexander Ohne Maximus Hölle Hamilton Julian Kingsley Ebony III."

"Um, yes," Aln replied. She picked up a small paper from a stack on her desk. It read,

I, the undersigned, hereby pledge myself to the Guild of Scholars, and promise to strive to gather and spread knowledge throughout the Alleyverse and corresponding worlds.

Signed, _______________

Aln handed the paper to Arkos Garfield Alexander Ohne Maximus Hölle Hamilton Julian Kingsley Ebony III, and walked to the front of the room to add his name to the sign.

He nodded, taking the paper, and wrote his name in an ink that was a deep purple, almost black, with small specks of gold.

I, the undersigned, hereby pledge myself to the Guild of Scholars, and promise to strive to gather and spread knowledge throughout the Alleyverse and corresponding worlds.

Signed, Arkos Garfield Alexander Ohne Maximus Hölle Hamilton Julian Kingsley Ebony III

Aln smiled. "Great." She accepted the paper back and pinned it to the wall. "You're welcome to go in the back, if you want. It's just a room for more private Guild discussion."

(She's referring to the PM).

Aln then looked toward Nultūk, browsing books. "Hello," she greeted him.

Edited by Rushu42

23 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln then looked toward Nultūk, browsing books. "Hello," she greeted him.

Nultūk began to open and close his mouth, as if speaking, but no sound came out. He appeared to curse, then released the dagger that he was holding, which turned into a puff of mist. He began to hastily sign to it, and moments later, a spren popped up beside his head and began to speak. "Hello! I've come here looking for books on perfect gemstones. You wouldn't happen to have any, or a perfect gemstone your self, would you?" the spren asked.

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Nultūk began to open and close his mouth, as if speaking, but no sound came out. He appeared to curse, then released the dagger that he was holding, which turned into a puff of mist. He began to hastily sign to it, and moments later, a spren popped up beside his head and began to speak. "Hello! I've come here looking for books on perfect gemstones. You wouldn't happen to have any, or a perfect gemstone your self, would you?" the spren asked.

"I don't have any perfect gemstones myself, although I think that that book mentions them," Aln said, gesturing toward a large volume on a lower shelf. "You speak through a spren?" .

1 hour ago, Rushu42 said:

"I don't have any perfect gemstones myself, although I think that that book mentions them," Aln said, gesturing toward a large volume on a lower shelf. "You speak through a spren?" .

"Yes. I dabbled with the Old Magic, and now because of it, I'm mute. Luckily though, I've got Soal here to help me with communications!" Soal said while pointing to herself with a cheery grin.

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar