Honor’s reaction to the Heralds breaking the Oathpact

Quazzi

This is something I have been curious about for a while. We know Honor was losing it by the time of the Recreance but what about when the Oathpact was broken?  No doubt Honor would not be ok with the Heralds breaking their oaths. Thoughts? 

27 minutes ago, Karger said:

Oathpact was broken by 9 of 10 Heralds several thousand years previously.  I doubt Honor was happy about it.  The Recreance was not what caused Honor to die.

I know that the Recreance wasn’t the cause Honor’s death and yes Taln kept his oath but I would think if he was capable Honor would have tried to intervene and make the 9 Heralds resume the Oathpact. 

We don't know exactly how the Oathpact works. According to WoBs, the Oathpact is not completely broken and the Heralds still have a connection to it. But the question is a good one. Even if the basic idea to send Taln back alone was not a bad one, the other nine Heralds did nothing to help humankind to prepare on the meantime. Instead they told them that they won and that the cycle of Desolations is over. Clearly, they omitted the truth. How could Honor let them live on for thousands of years in this way? Maybe it's due to the specific wording of the Oathpact and the fact that the Heralds didn't fully break the pact? 

7 minutes ago, equinox said:

We don't know exactly how the Oathpact works. According to WoBs, the Oathpact is not completely broken and the Heralds still have a connection to it. But the question is a good one. Even if the basic idea to send Taln back alone was not a bad one, the other nine Heralds did nothing to help humankind to prepare on the meantime. Instead they told them that they won and that the cycle of Desolations is over. Clearly, they omitted the truth. How could Honor let them live on for thousands of years in this way? Maybe it's due to the specific wording of the Oathpact and the fact that the Heralds didn't fully break the pact? 

That is a excellent point. We know Honor is all about keeping your oath and depending on the exact wording of said oath it could be possible by sending Taln back they didn’t break their oath. Hopefully we will find more out in the back 5 when we get Herald POVS. 

Honor was rather busy keeping Odium from escaping Braize he is also incapable of breaking promises.  If he forgot to make Herald immortality conditional then it would remain weather he wanted it or not.

• Chaos locked this topic