Susebron mentions Honorblades

cbgenoseven

I am going through warbreaker and Susebron (sorry if I spell it wrong I'm listening to the audio book) tells Siri of a story in his children's book about a boy who received a magical sword from his grandfather and it is the symbol of kingship. This sounds exactly like Honorblades and shardblades. Just an interesting this I noticed.

It very well could be. Spoilering this because we're not in the Stormlight forum, so if you haven't read the Stormlight books, don't click this box.

Spoiler

We know that at least two of the Five Scholars, and likely all of them, spent a fair amount of time on Roshar. It's very possible they got the tale and it spread back to Nalthis.

1 hour ago, cbgenoseven said:

I just can't seem to wrap my head around timelines when I think of world hoppers. I have read Stormlight and rest of cosmere just got Warbreaker left and I'm about half way through as this post was written right after I heard it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JJtJhHwpKdow01n2-bsT3scVvqJd6lZh4uvpNwcslv8/edit?usp=sharing

Enjoy a full cosmere timeline. Spoilers everywhere, though.

9 hours ago, cbgenoseven said:

I am going through warbreaker and Susebron (sorry if I spell it wrong I'm listening to the audio book) tells Siri of a story in his children's book about a boy who received a magical sword from his grandfather and it is the symbol of kingship. This sounds exactly like Honorblades and shardblades. Just an interesting this I noticed.

Swords of State are not exactly rare all over the world. And they feature prominently in heraldry.
It is perfectly possible. Yet it is also possibly totally unrelated.