Koloss are people too foundation

On 4/26/2019 at 7:57 PM, Ark1002 said:

I SUPPORT THIS CAUSE

And anyone else who agrees should sign the Hemalurgic creations aren't abominations petition

I’ll sign the petition if it excludes chimeras, as they are specifically abominations

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

technically they are five people.

I would petition to remove all spikes in their possession and whenever one of them died remove those spikes too. And if I could find a way to heal them, remove the spikes from the living Koloss as well. Then destroy them.

On 8/3/2020 at 10:52 AM, Frustration said:

technically they are five people.

*spits out tea*

On 8/3/2020 at 10:52 AM, Frustration said:

I would petition to remove all spikes in their possession and whenever one of them died remove those spikes too. And if I could find a way to heal them, remove the spikes from the living Koloss as well, then destroy the spikes.

Hmm, on one hand that's Hemalurgy, on the other hand some could argue that's destruction of a culture

Edited by Honorless

On 8/3/2020 at 0:22 AM, Frustration said:

I would petition to remove all spikes in their possession and whenever one of them died remove those spikes too.

Prevention of creating more Koloss, essentially. 

Spoiler

Although I do believe that most (?) recruitment is voluntary during Mistborn Era 2.  However, that would also assume that Koloss children understand the gravity of their decision to leave or remain at the time of their coming-of-age ritual. 

On 6/27/2020 at 6:04 AM, Honorless said:

Help them establish their own settlements, provide employment to them and ban the term "kig" for the Koloss-blooded!

And re-integrate them into human society. 

This raises some interesting ethical questions around whether it is right to preserve Koloss culture or help modernize them into what humans see as ideal/correct. 

Always relevant: “The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon.” - Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings