Minor Characters you want to see promoted

1 minute ago, Karger said:

It was not.  The Reshi do not have shards and if they did they would not use them in border raids.

That is because they are dealing with something they have never seen before but the law is explicit.  If you have a blade you are of the forth dahn and anyone can give anyone else a blade by right of bestowal(Adolin does so with Renarin).  Also in terms of manners education and beliefs he is a darkeyes but he is a lighteyes according to law.  Also lets take this somewhere else this is not the right thread.

I agree on all points. 

I want to see more from the perspective of ardents, personally. Their concept intrigues me, and (as you can likely tell) ardents like Rushu are some of my favorite characters. 

The breakthroughs that we see them make, what with spren measurements and translating the dawnchant, could be vitally important to our main characters. I'd also like to see how an ardent would handle becoming a Radiant. Would they stay as ardents, or would they leave the devotaries and become lighteyes? It would be fascinating.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:48 PM, Rushu42 said:

I want to see more from the perspective of ardents, personally. Their concept intrigues me, and (as you can likely tell) ardents like Rushu are some of my favorite characters. 

The breakthroughs that we see them make, what with spren measurements and translating the dawnchant, could be vitally important to our main characters. I'd also like to see how an ardent would handle becoming a Radiant. Would they stay as ardents, or would they leave the devotaries and become lighteyes? It would be fascinating.

I agree. I could see it working out similar to Elantris Spoilers

Spoiler

Hrathen with his crisis of faith. Ultimately holding to a personal interpretation of the religion that allows him or her to move forward.

I have read a theory that Kadash would end up a knight radiant. I think that would be an interesting read, and would show an interesting juxtaposition with how Dalinar dealt with it, versus how Kadash would deal with it. 

• 6 months later...

Lift to get a bigger role in future books, although that will definitely happen as she is officially known by the main radiants and has a backstory book in the back half, other than that, The Lopen because he is funny or Rok because he is interesting and a well made character. 

A Mraize interlude would be nice.

Maybe Lift as an interlude throughline character, or Szeth returning to that role, at least for book 4. I want to see those two and Nightblood go on some adventures. As much as I love Lift, I think she works better in small doses. At least at this point in the story. I know she's getting promoted to a flashback character in the back 5 books.

It'd be cool to see Teft promoted to a "main" point of view, cause I like him as a character, but I'm not really sure what important role he could be given to warrant it. I wouldn't bet on it, but I keep coming to this thought at the back of my mind that Teft might swear the fourth ideal before Kaladin. He's already on the third.

Edited by RadiantCat
typo

It does my sad heart good to see how many people also want to see more Rlain. Also, thanks guys. I hadn't thought of him bonding the Sibling and now I can't unthink it. It would be brilliant. Also shut some people up... Or make them worse... (edit: in the books, my brain would not shut up about the fact I didn't clarify that lol) Anyway, it would have interesting ramifications as well.

More nonhumans in general please Brandon I know you can do it.

Rysn and more Bridge Four, me too.

Edited by SingingMosaic
Minor clarification

High Prince Hatham, he is the most interesting character in Stormlight that we know next to nothing about; Per Sadeas we know he has a Ryshadium, he has and shown political savvy through use of his Ardents to maneuver the Natan ambassador, he has expressed interest in working with Dalinar and eventually came to Urithriu and accepted the title of Highprince of Works, and per Jasnah's notes, she found him intelligent and competent. I suspect he has a bigger role to come.

21 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

High Prince Hatham, he is the most interesting character in Stormlight that we know next to nothing about;

Ah, yes. Forgot to mention him, though I was deeply intrigued by him in the first book and rather disappointed by his fading into the background afterwards. In addition to everything else that you mentioned,  his ardent is almost certainly a worldhopper and possibly a Ghostblood, judging both by his appearance and by the odd way he had adressed Dalinar back in WoK.

3 hours ago, Greywatch said:

The one that comes to mind is Lyn. I appreciate her role, and really want to see the gender parity of the Orders even out.

This is one of the reasons why I want Azure to become a Windrunner and why I want Ishnah to become more prominent. It is kinda disappointing that both Kaladin's squires and Shallan's followers/her first squire are mostly (ex-)soldier dudes. I also want to see more new Radiants who become so independently of the main characters and, of course, Azure bonding Captain Notum and his subsequent interactions with Syl would be huge fun.

Edited by Isilel

• Chaos locked this topic