• 3 weeks later...

We just need people to stop throwing YA and MTG money at him so he can focus on what matters... moar Hoid. Used to be able to reliably get an awesome book out of him every year. 2018-19 been a dry couple years for Sanderson fans... we still at 29% til the 1st I bet.

1 hour ago, Notchbeard said:

We just need people to stop throwing YA and MTG money at him so he can focus on what matters... moar Hoid. Used to be able to reliably get an awesome book out of him every year. 2018-19 been a dry couple years for Sanderson fans... we still at 29% til the 1st I bet.

Honestly I think everything he writes is great, and I mean, Skyward! Besides, the guy deserves to write what he wants to write. 

That said, sure, I’d like more cosmere too. But I’m not gonna fault Brandon for taking a break; if that’s how his writing style works, then that’s how we’ll be getting books faster anyway. It’s this or long stretches of nothing in between. I prefer this. 

Maybe it’s been a little bit drier for cosmere fans, but not Sanderfans in general because he’s still putting content out. :)

On 24/07/2019 at 5:12 PM, Notchbeard said:

I don't think it's fair to say it's been a dry 2018/19 for Sanderson. We got Legion, MTG, Skyward. He's obviously happy doing what he's doing and I'd prefer him not to burn himself out with Cosmere books. I enjoy the time between books theorising and re-reading my favourite author, especially visiting this forum.

I do understand that we all need our Cosmere fix and it's hard coming in to a book series that isn't finished. I remember waiting for Oathbringer after finishing WoR and realising that we are only even beginning to see the Cosmere world and I'd be well into my later years to see this finished! :(

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 10:27 AM, AonEne said:

Make sure me wonder if one of these days he’ll seem to be working on something else entirely and then all of a sudden SA 4 will just jump up by like 40%... 

He knows how to give a fandom heart palpitations, that's for sure.