*AHEM*

Slightly back on topic, 60%!!!!!

It's really going quickly lately, although I guess it needs to be around 13% per month from here on out in order to be done by year-end. So... with only 13 weeks left in the year, that's 2.666% per week, roughly. I hope he makes it, but on the other hand waiting another few months for a release so that it gets plenty of polish and Brandon doesn't kill himself getting it finished would be good too :)

Edited by tromedlov87
wrong number

43 minutes ago, Angsos said:

Exactly I don't want Brandon to suffer a GRRM and never finish the Cosmere, although I won't complain if he accidentally wrote Lost Metal because he was really stuck.

That's not gonna happen.

GRRARRGH Martin's holdup is that he's a discovery writer, he's been publishing as he goes, and he now has so many new characters and subplots that he needs to resolve, he's kind of gardened himself into a corner.  He described writing Dance with Dragons as a gordian knot.  I can only imagine how much more complex it is now.

Of course the psychological damage of the tv show taking over his books and then having a poorly-executed (IMO) final season* has got to be a massive de-motivational force as well.  (*I believe the ending is roughly the same, who dies, who wins etc, I just don't think they presented it in a very likeable way)

Meanwhile Brandon has his plan, he's continuing to plan, and he's been chugging out a book every 3 years or so.  A couple of months delay is nothing! :D

Edited by Snorkel